How the fuck do normies afford Starbucks? I was just there and a fucking slice of brownie was $4. Holy fucking shit...

How the fuck do normies afford Starbucks? I was just there and a fucking slice of brownie was $4. Holy fucking shit. I remember paying $0.25 for a goddamn donut when I was a kid at the local donut shop. Cookies were maybe $0.50. Starbucks? $5. I seriously get insulted when I go there and I'm not even poor.

Normies are some of the dumbest people on planet earth it is amazing. How did we go from local donut shop that sold bagels and other shit for pennies, to overpriced coffee and cakes for 5x more by a corporate giant?

I now just go to Asian bakeries. They aren't as jewish and they have some reasonably priced food and coffee there. The problem is some of their pastries taste weird, but whatever, fuck starjew. Asians are our last hope for humanity and I can see that even in their stupid little bake shops.

>m. sammiches are ten bucks but people are still buying them and pushing the price even higher

Starbucks is frequented by dumb dumb ignorant middleclass slaves. Ya know, the cunt bitch nurse that went from college whore to soccer mom and doesn't know jack nigger shit about net neutrality? Those people.

Drinking coffee from a disgusting plastic cup is the first error

>>>\r9k\

Not politics fucks off

>The problem is some of their pastries taste weird, but whatever, fuck starjew. Asians are our last hope for humanity and I can see that even in their stupid little bake shops.

Yeah, asian baked goods are shit tier, but other than that the Americanized ones are bro-tier for sure.

Also, dim sum fucking rules. Who cares if I'm actually eating fried pig dicks? It's delicious and cheap.

>How the fuck do normies afford Starbucks?

What's up user, well off branding/marketing/creative strategy consultant here. I'll try to illuminate you a bit here.

First,You're asking the wrong question. The right question is:

>"How did a small Seattle coffee shop with average coffee become the most successful multi-national corporation in it's industry?"

The answer: The Internet + Normies+Cultural Phenomenon (mostly driven by "primitive" internet advertising and guerilla marketing tactics)

We are living in the first time in history where a "normie" voice can get as much attention from mass audiences through the internet as the leader of a state/celebrity/athlete due to it's incredibly low barrier of entry, and the "normie" tendency (in first world, predominantly white countries) to flock to certain types of content/media due to their very similar tastes a.k.a contrived, boring, predictable garbage

Example:
>There's been 30+ late-night talk shows since 2000, essentially identical in message, content, gimmicks, etc.. and each was massively successful). Why? "Normies" take great pride in their perceived individuality, but in reality they just like eating shit as long as its in an icecream cone one day and in a sundae with a cherry on top the next.

So what does this have to do with Starbucks?

Essentially Starbucks was a regional fad in the north-west United States. No big deal. There are always fads, its par for the course for them to fade away or simply maintain their regional appeal. The internet changed this by making this little known coffee brand nationally recognized "overnight" while the stores hadn't even moved out of its original region. Then all of a sudden what you have is mass demand, with no immediate recourse (expansion across the country takes time), this leads to recognizable celebrities jumping on the trend to boost their own personal brand as "in-the-know, exclusive, but still in-touch with their audience".

1/1

>friend regifted me a starbucks giftcard
>start going there in the mornings to get coffee, because why not then
>every. single. time. there is a long ass fucking line
>having to wait 15+ minutes to get a BLACKED ice coffee, a drink that takes TWO SECONDS to pour, but having to wait for the fucking morons getting shitty sugary drinks
it's not even worth it. why would anyone go there? set your coffee maker timer on a regular schedule, always have it ready to go, and shut the fuck up.

>calling people dumb
>not understanding inflation
Lurk more mental midget

Most people who are self-reliant don't frequent Starbucks. It's pretty much reserved for people who have daddy's credit card. The remaining people are those who have more money than sense, especially since nothing there is particularly healthy.

Starbucks coffee is arse anyway.

Most people who go there like sugary drinks. Most of their "coffees" aren't too far off from pic related.

they don't.

Because they are retarded and lazy ?
Because of the driving experience so the fatass and the always-late-man think they are saving time ? and probably love the taste of their industrial fast food shit ?

a coffee in a bar/bakery/restaurant there coast 1.50€ to 3€, a traditional handworked pastry from 1€ to 2€.
so it's cheaper than mcdonalds starbuck or wathever ...

same goes with subway there, just go in a bakery, there got a traditional french sandwich for cheaper and better.

even the french bakery/chain like PAUL have some trouble to compet out of railroadstation and airport.

>let's hire people with government benefits for menial tasks that pay minimum wage

This essentially unofficial endorsement by big name celebrities (ex. "ohh look at me, I'm a tit-cow actress posting a picture to my blog, drinking starbucks) only drove demand across the country so high, money-men took interest in this small coffee chain started in 1971, hadn't expanded outside their region in nearly 30 years, but all of a sudden had national demand from the consumer (a.k.a spoiled white skanks complaining they don't have a Starbucks in their town, but need one since ___insert stupid celebrity mega skank__ gets coffee there!)

So once the money came in, national expansion happened fast as fuck, towns across the U.S.A gave them financial breaks to set up shop, and they became so popular among the crazed normie crowd, "going to Starbucks" became a phenomena due to it's perceived exclusivity among the normie population. Their would be literal celebrations outside one when it first opened shops on the East Coast.

This perceived exceptionalism is fantastic for Starbucks since the demand will continue to be their despite high prices, no matter how much their "coffee" drops in quality. This coupled with putting small coffee shops out of business wherever they went also made them the only choice when getting coffee, so they essentially effected a monopoly on coffee. Now, we have to get our coffee from secret private distributors/importers in bulk if you really want to have the good stuff, and it's all thanks to normies.

Fuck you normies.

TL;DR
>Everything is garbage because the internet gave a voice to the voiceless normie masses and it turns out they not only didn't deserve a platform for the spread of information and ideas, but they've been assimilating things that were once top notch, diluting what made them great to fit with their vanilla/buffoon/simple sensibilities and in effect ruin that thing.

You realize that BRC doesn't actually have any coffee shops, right? Everything they sell is made to order, and done so in an industrial setting.

It's a little bit different from being a barista.

hey mental midgets the jews have fucked up a lot of US industries but the coffee industry is not one of them. You can open a coffee shop yourself and you will see you can offer marginally lower prices than Starbucks because you will not be paying a dividend but you will have slightly higher input costs since you do not have the scale and jewish connections Starbucks has. Save your bitching for real issues!

Starbucks is shite. That being said, across continental Europe, for all the things you guys do bloody wonderfully, coffee at cafes generally is pretty crap in my experience. Australia has picked up and run with coffee - I wish we could re-export some expertise back to the Old World.

if you think you can do coffee better I suggest you open a coffee chain. This industry has a low barrier to entry.

>R9k isnt pol

lol

Sure, if you live in a city or heavily populated suburban area. Try opening one in semi-rural America and see how the good ol' boys down there react to "artisan pour-over coffee". Even if it does have the population necessary to drive business.

I reckon there would be a fag-drag.

Also protip here: There are definable reasons why some businesses/services have low barriers for entry, and every one of those reasons will financially fuck you bloody in the end unless you find a way to massively separate yourself from every other chucklefuck who also realized that particular industry had no barriers for entry.

By not being poor and underage, you fucking cuck. Once you grow up and get a job money will have no meaning anymore. You'll be spending $5 dollar on virtual MMO accessories thinking "meh, I don't really play this game often but for this item is the price of a cookie at Starbucks, who cares."

We dont got Starbucks, government pours 90% of its money into employing barrista's and small business asscociated with coffee to please the hipster voters in this country. The coffee is shit here

t. bugman

>Reasons I will always been middle class: The Post

Money management starts small and scales as your assets grow. Don't worry though, if you haven't already realized this you probably won't have to worry about managing any substantial assets or financial portfolios.

I did not. Tell me more.

Tell you more about what?

Yeah the old world will never listen to what our kind has to say about them, they see us as exiles.

Black Rifle Coffee.

I don't know what you want to know, in specific. I would recommend researching the company yourself.

Fuck, she's gorgeous.

is that a fragmented industry then?

> coffee at cafes generally is pretty crap in my experience. Australia has picked up and run with coffee - I wish we could re-export some expertise back to the Old World.

Yeah like exporting your pizza toping with pine-apple on it from the "new world" in Italy ?
I forgot new worlder invented the cold water.

*sips garlic juice*

>I found one aspect of what is on offer in Europe to be inferior to home despite the plethora of things on offer that are better but this means I'm saying everything we do in other parts of the western world is better and Euros have to change everything

I'm glad you've learned English, Pierre - god knows my French is awful - but work on comprehending nuance, mate.

The franchise/corporate baker in the UK, Greggs, charges you £2.50 for a sandwich with a tiny handful of meat and a bunch of salad.
The local independent baker I go to gives me a freshly made roll with a slice of square sausage, a slice of black pudding and two slices of bacon for the same price.
2x the calories, nutrition and I'm not giving money to a big corp.

Honestly that doesn't look that bad, sure you're effectively a slave but it seems to be a pretty fulfilling life.

>How the fuck do normies afford Starbucks?

By having a job and investing wisely for the future? I saved everything and worked my ass off till now and I have 2 homes in Sydney Australia with plenty of passive income to now enjoy throwing my money around as I enter my 30's.

Coffee? By defintion, no. Since the market share is largely controlled by corporations of international company groups like Tim Horton's, Starbucks, Dunkin, etc.

However, there are some interesting things happening with craft and artisan coffee nowadays in that tiny as fuck >15% market share the smaller guys now occupy. I don't think anything major will come of it to dethrone the current champions, but the industry has grown grass-roots by offering better coffee, hipster device bullshit that isn't a drip-pot, and attracting the same type of fart smelling, self-perceived elitist trend setters that made Starbucks what they are today.

>Asians are our last hope for humanity and I can see that even in their stupid little bake shops.
>t. Chang

its always nice to see that marketeers have such high views of the population

I'm studying it right now

If you don't make your coffee single-serve Melitta style you are in for a gassing.

Interestingly, have a look at Starbucks' first attempt at entering the Aussie market. They withdrew quite quickly, having found the small coffee shops having much more than a 15% market share down here. People like their local cafes and coffee shops.

>Once you grow up and get a job money will have no meaning anymore
Holly shit, you never worked an hour in your pathetic life do you fukin kid?
Money have meaning when you need to deal with idiots or break your back for 40h+ a week.
Spoiled fuck.

>drip drain style covfefe

why are americans such niggers when it comes to covfefe

how the fuck are worthless chinks gonna stop inflation, you pathetic chinkstralian?
what's gonna FIX the civilized world, is getting rid of human indigenous human garbage like you
every day that passes where whites permit garbage like you to exist, hurts the planet more

>40h+
>he dosnt work 84h+ fencing in 40c+ weather

aye polack you dont get to talk

A better question you should be asking yourself is why is a trip to Starbucks considered an unaffordable luxury in the first world in 2017.

Really glad there's no starbucks where I live.

I think we have some in Vienna but I'm not sure.
Globalization will gradually turn every country into USA though, so I'm sure they'll be popping up everywhere sooner or later.

>Let's hire people who went to fight wars for Israel

Drop dead, kike

>industrial food
found the retard, we are talking about coffee and milk

I can buy an extra large coffee (700ml) at McDonalds here for $1 for nearly half of the year, otherwise it is a little over $2, a medium latte can be had for $2.50. You are not going to beat those prices anywhere else outside of making it at home or by drinking garbage tier coffee at a dinner. McDonald's Canada significantly upped their coffee quality by sourcing the better beans.

Cafes prices here are the same as Starbucks, also Coffee in Europe was shit compared to NA. You have gotten complacent, just like the you did with Beer.

tell that to 1 post by this ID OP.
i'm just calling him out on being a chink.

also, i agree with the spirit of your post.

Star = Star of David

Bucks = currency of the goyim.

surely they've actively tried to make that as unhealthy as possible? even the best mass gainer protein shakes are a bit over 1k calories, none reach 2k unless you put more scoops in and even then it's thick and hard to drink

>I now just go to Asian bakeries

i just like
buy and prepare my own food

it always baffles me when people at work talk about "the best place to eat", like just buy some bread and meat and bring a sandwich

food is really boring, there are way more fun things to spend your money on. if you need caffeine, aldi sells 25p energy drinks

>hot brown water
Is this really considered coffee by Americans?

>How the fuck do normies afford Starbucks? I was just there
Do you live in, like a hole? Who are you kek prices have been skewed for almost 20 years cause niggers and minorities all spend 20% of their money on brand name food stores and inflate the fuck outta their demand.

I spent $10 today on salami and olives I regret nothing

Congrats user, I wish you luck. What are your career plans?

As you've said, our industry doesn't hold the masses in high regard, and I mean how could we after digging deep into the mind of the horrifically average, non-creative, mouth breathing consumer. One you realize that what we do is manipulation on par with war propaganda efforts, completely devoid of ethics, and that the average consumer is a piece of garbage that deserves 0 respect, you'll take off in this industry. I'm actually on a deadline right now for a client (48 hour adderall binge and should have it done by morning, get used to that shit) and am taking a short break so I'll give you three pieces of advice.

I graduated top of my advertising class out of near a thousand at a fairly decent state school, summa cum laude, minor in entrepreneurship yada yada yada. Didn't even bother doing internships since those are only relevant if you're going to work for a firm. Which brings us to our first piece of advice.

>#1 working for creative/ad/marketing/pr firms is for chumps. You'll start at the very bottom and you won't even get to pitch an idea until at least your second promotion, and you could reach the very top of a middle sized media company and be making less than 150K a year salary (I mean the very thought is disgusting). Network and be a freelance consultant, or start your own small agency with a friend or two. I consulted right out of college, brought a house within a year, and built a resume in 6 months that would take someone at an agency 5 years to achieve.

because you work, pay rent, phone, utility, tax, car, commute, cost of commute, cost of eating at work, cost of dressing for work
they: zero costs, free money, no cost of working, no cost of commute, no cost of eating out, no cost of dressing for work
they are all doing casual prostitution
they spread scams and mooch from their parents
also spending their obama inflated credit lines

What a comfy picture.

PURE COINCIDENCE

why do i get the sense you resent "normies"?

it's only an unaffordable luxury for the angsty white men on this board because the jews successfully took away much of their economic power. Instead of focusing on this jewish plague they will write up paragraphs and paragraphs about female coffee preferences. Sad!

lol

i blame social media and hipsters

normies buy only starbucks, gadgets, fancy food and clothing, they always have money to spend on jewish shit, almost perfect goys

they dont have other expenditures and dont make long term investment plans

Yeah, I remember when a pack of smokes was $3.50.

I remember penny candy. I don't have sour grapes over inflation. It's called having a job and not having to rely on mummy to give you a stipend for Starbucks.

OPs picture looks comfy as fuck.

Man I wish I lived in a based mediaeval villiage

>#2. Never underestimate how stupid your target market is. By the time a person reaches adulthood, "creativity testing" shows near 96% loss of creative functions exhibited at younger ages by the same participants. What does this mean for you? Congratulations! You're one of the 2% of adults left with their creative functions intact by adulthood. The bad news, is your clever idea for a campaign or media piece is great, but it will go right over the average consumers big fat stupid head. Keep it simple. Keep it in their comfort zone. Keep it on message.

Never feel sympathy for someone who cannot think for themselves and requires people like us to effect their purchasing habits.

>#3 Literally everything I learned in school (in the 2010's) is available on the internet. Start googling and signing up for free industry journals. Your best assets are your professors. They know their shit, and will give legitimate criticism, if they like you. Stick to the male professors, my female professors either had very little real world experience, or were psycho bitches.

Bonus:
Start reading as much human psychology journals you can with studies relative to human behavior and it's relationship with emotions or habits that effect purchasing trends. In fact, absorb as much information about anything relevant to culture, shifts, consumers, etc. Database research is good on paper, but I've always found those 250 page dossiers on a industry or target marker, etc..end up being snore fests. Seek knowledge when necessary, but you won't need it if you stay up on the current zeitgeist.

bonus: lightning round
>Cause I'm very high on adderall

>If freelance, minor in entrepreneurship courses (not bussiness courses) and learn the adobe programs (freelance work is often expected to deliver on every aspect including execution, not just concept)
>dress nice. This, a firm handshake, and confidence has gotten me into doors where my resume never would've turned a head.

Good luck.

Thats slavery Jamal, Strayas are owning your black/yellow ass.

>work at B&N
>have huge discount on Starbucks
>What normally costs people $7 for a large drink costs me a $1.
Feels good.

Starbucks coffee is dogshit, retard. The quality isn't why it is successful

In America we'd sell our mothers to the dogs if meant saving a buck or two. We save our sentimental value for after we retire, live a few years in deep regret reflecting on how little connection we felt throughout our lives due to the sterile corporations that proliferate our lifestyle since the 50's, then die of a heart attack due to our doctors testing relatively new blood pressure medication on us and screwing up our dosage.

Life is America is lived for nothing and no one.

Good on you cunts to keep those corps. from fucking up your island of criminals and emu lovers.

Australian coffee isn't any better than what you can get anywhere in Europe. Also, we don't have any decent organic milk here.

starbucks is a weird one, people actually buy that shit like it's a fucking fashion accessory and sign of wealth.

They don't even like coffee, but walking around with a starbucks cup means they are more successful since they can afford to blow cash on that shit.

It is like buying expensive cologne or a tattoo, it's completely about projected image. It's the same reason people bring their macbook to starbucks - it's literally to project onto others that they are so successful they can afford to sit in starbucks all day and literally funnel money into coffees and really high priced shit.

Obviously starbucks can make their products better, but really, nothing special is happening here. it's fucking dirty bean water, and actually, at starbucks it sometimes doesn't even have fucking coffee in it, so it's milk and sugar.

ps. this is one reason normies hate people that sit on their computers and shit all day, they can't project their wealth onto these people and show off how better they are.

I can actually afford starbucks, but at the same time dude, why the fuck would you ever buy a starbucks, if you're in a city, you can pick up a months worth of coffee for the price of one starbucks latte.

yeah what's with our coffee being boss tier, I was in europe and the starbucks were always full so i decided to try it, I got the most basic medium cap and it tasted burnt and charred it was beyond disgusting. Even our coffees from mcaffee taste better just why?

>$0.10 worth of coffee only costs me $1!

because they have money, they work and don't spend all their time online in the dark like we do.

Dunno where you drink coffee mate - here or abroad, but there's a vast difference in quality in my experience and it doesn't favour the Euros. If you can give me some places that do a decent cup then I'm all ears.

>no decent milk

There are some pretty reasonable milks around the joint if you find local ones.

trust me, it's better than most other places around the world. I think it's because we have so many fucking coffee shops so there's ALWAYS competition to have the best coffee

Starbucks is in Australia too and it tastes like shit too... if you want to drink European coffee why the fuck did you go to an American coffee chain?

it's not as bad imo, perhaps it was that particular coffee they made badly though. Who knows.

also if you really want to frustrate normies, you can actually buy starbucks cups/holders wholesale and pretend you went to starbucks instead. You project wealth but really you're just making coffee in your apartment.

I used to live in WA and I loved Dome. that shit was good.

your local coffee joint is likely 10x better, faggot hipsters know how to do one thing at least. Make decent coffee.

I blame the tv show Friends for making coffee culture seem cool, everyone after that is just following what's popular.

I don't know, every starbucks I've had anywhere has tasted like ash...
I was in the UK and I love pret a manger... they use the best organic milk

We have the (((Zauner))) bakery, which is even worse. They charge 19 Euros for a 10 pack of coin sized cookies or 4E for a slice of cake, that is 1/2 the size of a normal piece.

honestly this, i think you'd be an idiot not to see the correlation, every woman I know loves that show, and guess who buys starbucks all the time, and hang out in starbucks all the time. the irony is that was a cool chilled place, starbucks is usually in city centres and is popular as fuck.

Pret is pretty good. I avoid Starbucks as a matter of ethics because they pay less tax in the UK than my own father despite him having 4 employees and a tiny manufacturing business with a turnover of less than 200k.

I wonder if starbucks throws full cakes in dumpsters and pastries and stuff?

Well they probably don't have their budgets in order. Most Americans have very little net worth (or negative net worth), and nothing in the way of savings. Anybody who tracks their budget in a spreadsheet has probably cut out Starbuck, and most other things in the "eating out" category.

I have this small chain near me called Empire Coffee and they're great.

Some of us make $40+/hr or more so it's literally nothing, but I agree the pastries are hyper-jew priced and retards to buy them.

>coffee
>US
You drink garbage, not coffee

>my bean water is better than your bean water.