Storytime: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Road to Darkside of Dimensions

Since there's a new YGO movie releasing next month here in the west, I thought it would be cool to dump the original manga which the movie is based off of. For those of you who only ever watched the anime, I highly recommend reading the manga as it's much darker and better written than the anime was imo. There's also none of the fillers you have to deal with. Since the movie is releasing on Jan 27, 2017, I will dump one volume a day leading up to its release.

Today we start volume 8 which introduces a brand new arc that will forever change the course of the story: Duelist Kingdom!

Maximillion J. Pegasus forces Yugi Mutou to participate in the Duelist Kingdom tournament. Yugi is accompanied by his friends, including Katsuya Jonouchi, who participates for the prize money to pay for an eye operation for his sister, Shizuka Kawai.

Most of you will be very familiar with this arc if you've seen the DM anime albeit with some changes.

Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m47x5rG4NyM&list=PLTagxffHmpfT765IfQj68dMmfFs3W7s1f
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Chapter 60

YUGI BOY

Chapter 61

>Rex vs Weevil world final
You gotta wonder how bad everyone else was for this to occur

Chapter 62

youtube.com/watch?v=m47x5rG4NyM&list=PLTagxffHmpfT765IfQj68dMmfFs3W7s1f

He looks so young in this page

Chapter 63

Tournaments for kids.

This is infinitely more interesting than the anime. I love how he's completely fine with being sealed in the tape.

How was it in the Anime?

I never really liked how they went from a Yami/Atem that had a full control of the situation and never hesitated to cheat, to that.

You see the segment with him yelling from the tv and the next episode cuts to the roof of the school. They never show him talking in the tape.

They doesn't have a post box? The hell?

I like to think of it as Yugi's personality beginning to rub off on Yami after all the stuff they've been through up to and he starts to become less sadistic and more honorable. Granted, he still has aspects of his original persona like his pride in never losing that he has yet to get over.

Chapter 64

It just feels a bit forced how it was suddenly all about the same card game.

Well yeah, Takahashi probably never intended to make this just about card games but fan demand was too high so his editors forced him into it. I think he did a really good job though.

Does Yami Bakura do anything in the manga in this arc besides killing Pegasus?

> Anzu
> Mai
> BMG
> Isis

Man, the series had so much great waifus. Wish Anzu didn't become a background character.

He doesn't do too much