Re:Zero

>"so, uhh, what's your story gonna be about?"
>"OKAY OKAY GET THIS: alright so the main character can DIE and come back to life, so that's pretty badass right? HAAH WRONG because, like there's a lady who's also a monster who can kill ANYONE EASILY AND SHE RIPS THEIR GUTS OUT AND LAUGHS ahahah scary right? But get this, THEN THERE'S A GUY WHO CAN KILL ANYONE WHO'S A KNIGHT AND HE'S LITERALLY PERFECT AND HE CAN KILL ANYONE SO HE FIGHTS THE BEAST AND WINS HAHAHA. So everything's safe right? HAHA BUT THEN THE GIRL MC LIKES IS ACTUAL;LY A KAJILLON YEARLS OLD AND HAS ICE POWERS AND CAN KILL ANYOPNE!!1! she's superduper strong but then a guy comes along who CAN TURN HIS HEAD 90 DEGREES *AND* HE CAN COME BACK FROM THE DEAD AND HE CAN RIP PEOPLE APART WITHOUT THEM EVEN KNOWING AND HE ENJOYS IT!!1!11 BUT guess what in teh MC's team there is a little girl but SHE'S A QUINTILLION YEARS OLD TOO nad she has magik powers and she's smart and she likes books and can KILL ANYONE IN THE TREAM but the other girls ARE HALF DEMON AND THEY CAN BESERK OUT AND GET MAD AND KILL THINGS but THEY STILL CAN'T KILL 90 DEGREE MAN AND if he kills elf girl than her fluffy cat FUCKIN POWERS UP TO AN IMMORTAL GOD MONSTER THAT EVEN THE INVINCIBLE BEAST KILLER NIGHT MAN CAN'T KILL AND IT SUPER BADASS but NAD THEN ONE THE 90 DEGREE MAN IS DEAD ANOTHER BADGUY COMES AND HE CONTROLS TIME AND CAN MANIPULATE ANYTHING AND ANOTHER ONE CAN STOPP UR HEAT JUST BY LOOKING AT YU AND ANOTEGHR CONTROLS THE DARKNESS!!11 AND THEN THERES *YET ANOTHER* CUTE LITTLE GIRL WHOSE AKSHUALLY A DEMONM MONSTER AND-"

Nobody actually took this garbage seriously, right? I watched it back when it was airing but it just popped into my head and started pissing me off again.

>tfw to intelligent for Re:Zero

>I watched it back when it was airing
I don't think you actually did. I'll give you some props for 90 degree man, because that's kind of funny.

You can describe anything like that and it'll sound retarded.

You're retarded.

This is what Re:Zero haters actually believe.

OP has a point though

He'd have more of one if he wasn't factually wrong on half his ramblings.

this

I did though, I watched it before it was airing, I've known about it forever.

That's part of the series charm, isn't it? It introduces everything in a way that makes it look silly and ridiculous, and then it later expects you to take it all deadly serious.

It's said multiple times that Puck is a Great Spirit of incredible power, who has lived for an incredibly long time, but you're introduced to him as a cute friendly little cat. Then it's shown that he actually is a terrifying and monstrous being who is rightfully feared.

Reinhard is the perfect invincible knight hero, who has an absurd list of blessings that make him the most powerful being in the world. On top of that, he even has a good and humble personality. Yet later, the point always comes up that he doesn't even seem human. He doesn't seem to see things the ways others do. He's a hero, but nothing but a hero.

Beatrice is a grumpy little 400 year old loli who has been shut in a library for most of her life. The only reason she's still alive is that she's not allowed to kill herself.

Rem's love for Subaru is initially played for laughs, as she acts like a somewhat comical stalker, only for it to become one of the most important things in Subaru's life when he realizes it's entirely serious even if she's still a fucking weirdo.

90 degree man just seems like your average Joker-esque lunatic until his backstory comes up, and the pieces all start to fall into place and you understand just how far he's fallen from what he used to be.

In Re:Zero, everything is a joke until it's not.

I just read chapter 75

I loved her and I feel so betrayed, but I guess that was kind of the point

>expects you to take it all deadly serious

This is true, the problem here though is that the characters are all still comically ridiculous WHILE it expects you to take them serious.

Everything is a joke until it's not.

We already knew she was a Witch and that she desired nothing more than knowledge. All that changed is that what we already should have known was shoved more directly in our faces.
Yes. It's definitely a story which takes comically ridiculous ideas, but tries to make you take them seriously anyways. I'd actually say that's the point of the whole thing. It takes stupid ideas and tries, successfully or not, to add depth to them.

You've watched some shit (i guess from your story, to the very end) and now you're complaining about how you didn't like to watch shit. Why?

The two assassination attempts by Elsa were orchestrated by Roswaal who was attempting to follow the writ of the gospel because he thinks it will bring his waifu Echidna back.
Oh shock horror, there's a practically invincible person in a fantasy setting! Two, actually, if you count the sealed away Satella. I don't see where your point of critique is. Reinhardt showing up to save Subaru happened because Subaru met him in the alley earlier, and because Felt was running around screaming like she was being gutted alive, which he can not ignore as a knight.
Emilia being over a hundred years old is explained since she was turned into a popsicle when she froze her entire village in a frenzy.
Betelgeuse was a bad villain, the jared letho's joker kind of so-overdrawn-it's-not-even-comedic-anymore craziness was a snorefest. His role in Emilia's past makes him interesting, though. She refers to him as "Uncle Geuse" or something like that, and he was in love with Emilia's aunt Fortuna, who was a mother figure for Emilia. Betty is a spirit created by the Witch of Greed, Echidna, 400 years prior to the story. Spirits don't really seem to age in this setting. Why you're fretting over half-monster battle maids in a fantasy setting is beyond me, perhaps you have a problem with the genre in general.
Puck is incredibly shady and made up to be an end-tier villain of sorts. Also, Reinhardt can kill Puck, without batting an eye even. He does so in the second trial in Echidna's tomb.
Regulus is a sin arch bishop and those are considered some of the most stupidly strong beings in existence due to their authorities (hint: that's the same stuff the witches had, who are described as living natural disasters multiple times), Betelgeuse was the weakling in the gang.
Also, most of the trope characters eventually turn out to not be trope characters at all. The author likes to take his time and give them characterization when you don't expect it.

This is not the Re:Zero thread.

Because I hate myself and I like complaining, are you telling me that you are not the same?

Okay, maybe the novel is a little better, I wouldn't know, but that still doesn't make the anime any better. It also doesn't change the fact that literally every other character is an edgy murderer loli or a bitchy teenage girl warlord, which is one of the most annoying parts of this show.

Subaru would fall under the "bitchy teenage girl warlord" category, by the way.

>edgy murderer loli or a bitchy teenage girl warlord
There isn't even a single character that fits either of these descriptions, let alone 'every other character'

Elsa is best girl.

Anons, I am so in love with Echidna. I want to protect my Witch of Greed smile foreveeeeer. Would contract with her anytime, want to be her guinea pic for her experiments and her greedy search for knowledgeeeeeeee.

You gotta be super greedy. That's apparently how you make her panties really wet.

the burger cat scream loli sister/brother things were edgy murderer lolis

every singe candidate for the crown was a bitchy teenage girl warlord, except emilia, she was a decent person and doesn't really fit any of my exaggerated strawman descriptions, but she was still a little annoying as a character because of whishy washy she was but that's a different discussion.

Back to what I was saying, beatrice is probably a murderer loli, although she's not edgy at all, I'll admit that, I really liked her actually. Felt is an edgy loli who would murder if she had the chance, so she fits my description.

I mean I named three off the top of my head, that's pretty decent I'd say.

If I am to be super greedy I want the Witch of Wrath as my second wife

>teenage girl warlord
They're all in their 20s.

Not really. To rule a kingdom and enforce your policies you have to be a very stern and resolute person. Besides that, only Priscilla matches your description because with Al she may have a connection to the Authority Of Pride

Didn't read because I don't care. All I want to say is, give that seiyuu an award for his looney voice acting.

>the burger cat scream loli sister/brother things were edgy murderer lolis
The sister is kinda, but she's mostly just retarded, neither of the brothers are.

Crusch, Anastasia and Priscilla aren't teenagers, and none of them except Priscilla are really bitchy.

Betty can fight, but she's incredibly uninclined to. So you claimed 50% of the cast is one of these two things and you can barely scrape out two if we were to be super generous.

The actual edgy murder loli is Meili, and she had 5 minutes of screentime total.

>you have to be a very stern and resolute person

That's true, but they just came across as annoying and bitchy. Everyone treated them like fucking gods but they were quite annoying. I don't know why it seems like I was the only one annoyed by this shit.

You can be bitchy and annoying and stern and resolute at the same time.

Doesn't mean I have to be happy about it

You can be unhappy about things that are actually wrong or subjective with the story, not fake strawmen and lies you're making up out of whole cloth.

Thank you friend, I've only been getting (OP)s because I am the OP, so the picture there is a nice touch to make sure I get my (You). Here is one in return as a thanks!