Hibike, Izetta and Flip Flappers all didn't deliver

>Hibike, Izetta and Flip Flappers all didn't deliver
>Yuri on Ice did
so how do we save the yuri genre? is there any hope left?

If Izetta didn't deliver it then YoI also didn't according to your logic

YoI didn't deliver either.

flip flop has one more episode

Yuri is trash.

Izetta delivered, it could have been a better ending but it was the real deal.

Why do you focus only on negative side?
>Ping Pong lesbians delivered.
>Brave Witches delivered.
>Vivid Strike delivered.
Yuri is alive and strong.

>Yuri on Ice
>delivering

ahaha no

>Yuri is alive and strong.

Thanks, My sides orbiting.

>"Yuri" on Ice
>no lesbian girls in sight
It didn't deliver shit

Oh wow, it's like the people posting in this thread have no idea what "delivered" means.
YOI delivered greatly.
Get bent.

But why?

Delivered enough bait to keep fujos interested for a season 2

They definetely fucked on that mountain.

Delivered way more bait than was expected from it.
Fujos rejoice.

I was just saying that OP is a fucking retard

They must have had a lot of fun animating and writing that scene, they crammed in so much. From the standard 'finally together' staple of starting to call someone by their first name to the imagery when they were swirling around on the broom and suddenly fell backwards, losing altitude while being about as close as you can be to someone look, which looked exactly like two lovers holding each other and falling onto their bed. And in the end they were literally basking in the (after)glow of the moonlight while basically cuddling.

The studio were doing everything they could to make it not subtle but without showing anything. In a way it was sweet and really innocent, I guess that's what they might have been going for instead of an onscreen kiss and seeing them have sex.

Oh, I know. I just wanted to re-inforce that point. I didn't watch YOI but I gather that there was some homolust that was comparable in deliver to what happened in Izetta and that people did not dispute that it actually happened in YOI.

This. A fade to black after a caress says something.

Yurifags should just get together and start a crowdfunding campaign.

not everything

Well I disagree.

>Flip Flappers
They got married

>next episode is thier honeymoon in PI
Well, I can dream.

>Yuri on Ice
Did they kiss? Did they fuck?

>delivered bait
>nothing but bait
Pretty much, which is the definition of not delivering, no matter how obvious and to the point your bait is.

It's not even bait. People don't even know what bait means.

As I said, the ones that complain about not delivering should go back to the SJW dank caves they crawled out from.
It delivered way more than expectations and that a lot.

We need a second season of Strawberry Panic.

Flip Flappers is delivering

?

What? They all delivered everything
Yuri ≠ Lesbian
Why do you want them to fuck so much?
End yourself.

When you say a gay anime delivered anybody would take that as meaning it doesn't leave the character's homosexual relationship up to the imagination. No matter how blunt the anime is about it, saying it delivered when it's not explicit about is just misleading.

The thing is it's not a "gay anime", it's not BL, it didn't have to deliver anything in the fist place at all, but it did what it could in its category and is being praised for that.
The misled one is your perception.

It's being praised for baiting but all the other shows get shit on for doing the same?

It's being praised for portraying a couple being romantic without crossing the BL border.
What it did can hardly be considered "bait", it was pretty blatant.
It didn't change genres but pushed the boundary to the limit.

You haven't watched it to understand how it's past bait. They kissed (on the hand and foot as well), exchanged rings, they pair skate to a gay romantic song. Their relationship is worked into the narrative, they're indicated numerous times to have romantic and sexual feelings for each other in their monologues and thoughts. It's very different from other shows. Even nips noticed this.

Those mental gymnastics of yours are top notch. YoI portrays a romance with just hugs and hand kisses. But Izetta or FliFla are bait for similar reasons.

Sunrise will bring back the Mai Hime franchise to focus on more ShizNat

The second golden age of yuri is here and now

Where any of these shows supposed to be Yuri though?

>without crossing the BL border.
idk senpai, YoI was gayer than most BL I've read

Dunno, really, I didn't watch them, so I don't know if they are bait or not, I'm not the one who claims that.
Anyway, what said.

I'm this user I but wasn't implying those shows were bait, just not sure why people were calling YoI bait. I'm not hating on Izetta or Flip Flappers.
Dunno why people are trying to pit fans of these shows against each other in the first place.

So just like Flip Flappers then?

Didn't watch, sorry.
But the little girl lying on the bed looks quite dead inside.

I haven't watched Flip Flappers so I can't confirm. If it's as gay as YoI is I'll watch it, I like yuri too, at least when it's done well.

She was pretty broken up over accidentally plot in the previous episode and part of that was reflecting here through plot.

This show features 2 adult women who sleeps on the same abed, raises a child together, and canonically got married

And yet we still refer to it as "bait0"
I believe you fags deserve the same treatment

But they punched a gigant monster while wearing wedding dresses.

If that's not Yuri winning I don't know what it is.

Nuke japan and hope they get some taste after rebuilding.

I'm a fujo and i felt completely baited by YoI, the development of the relationship between Victor and Yuuri was terrible in episodes 11 and 12...if they make S2, they'll have to fix a lot of stuff in order to make that relationship work. I liked the end of Izetta a lot more, maybe because that anime wasn't as overhyped. Izetta and Fine's relationship just felt more intimate and solid, considering their age and that they were in a middle of a war.

>literally bait and switch
QED

It's better to see this in context. The gasps, the way the audience roars in the background, the music stopping before starting anew, it's a great scene. They've already hugged before in front of press/public so that would be nothing new and especially not with Victor's words after. It's a quick kiss, it's not physically possible to keep kissing like that when falling to the ground.

Okay I get your opinion but that's still not what being baited means.

Yeah and Kagami didn't actually say she wants to fuck Konata, you better give up people will say bait to anything not explicitly confirmed

k

They didn't try the "not homo" strategy, but still made the nature of their relationship ambiguous enough, so watchers are still able to deny that they're in an actual romantic relationship. It's just a subtler of baiting, but still baiting.

This basically. If it leaves room for somebody who really rather deny it do it in their heads it's still baiting. This should be the obvious definition. If you don't want to be called bait then just get down from the fucking fence.

>>Hibike, Izetta and Flip Flappers all didn't deliver

When was the last time /u/ got BTFO not one or two but THREE times in a row? Excellent season.

And for the record free on ice is dogshit.

People would still deny it. It's called shifting goalposts.

If Yuuri gave the other guy a french kiss, said "I love you, let's get married." nobody would deny it or call it bait. There's clearly a point where people would stop denying it and Yuuri on Ice is just trying to get as close to it without actually going over it, which is essentially what yuribait and yaoibait anime have always done.

The difference with YOI is that, this time, the ones doing mental gymnastics are the ones no-homoing and claiming bait.

>t-they're just joking
>it's nothing more than fanservice

Anyway, anime doesn't even the balls to go that far with canon het couples usually.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but shit like show that the anime is clearly giving them a little hand with their gymnastics. I'll accept an anime is not bait when it looks the viewer in the face and says "See these two? They're gay. They're fucking faggots. Homosexuals. And if you don't like it well that's your problem."

As long as it's going out of its way to please both those who want to believe and those who don't I'll call it bait.

Of course, that's not going to happen because capitalism.

This show wasn't made purely to shut up western hetfags, user. This is practically canon to nips.
It's just supposed to be about sports, and it happens to have a romance subplot.

>and it happens to have a romance subplot.
Which is meant to attract (bait) people who are into gay romance, and which chooses to remain in a gray zone so that it doesn't scare off other people who might not like the idea. That's what fucking bait is. I'm not saying the anime is bad, not that being bait overshadows it's other qualities. I'm not even saying that baiting fujo's is it's main selling strategy (although I wouldn't dismiss the possibility either), I'm just saying that by any reasonable definition it does use gay romance as one of its appeals and that it does stay in that gray zone typical of bait anime, even if it pushes it to the limit.