Why were Super Saiyans depicted as blondes? What was Toriyama thinking?

Why were Super Saiyans depicted as blondes? What was Toriyama thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

3.sendvid.com/pxa2woej.mp4
1.sendvid.com/qr9m7dyx.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I came in expecting trips. And because Ki is yellow.

If I make them blonde I'll work less because I won't have to ink their hair.

Literally that.

Easier to make it distinct in the black and white manga.

its cheaper to use print without black

They went from literally monkeys to aryan race. How do you feel knowing that Toriyama is Sup Forums?

Toriyama is a graphic designer. That is their mentality. More is less.

The better question is, why do their eyes change colour as well?

Well that decision was on the anime staff. It complements to blond hair I'd say

Pretty fucking good actually.

3.sendvid.com/pxa2woej.mp4
1.sendvid.com/qr9m7dyx.mp4

Bringing political commentary is only something western cucks would do.

Over and over Mangaka say that their shit has no political meaning, yet you did it anyway. You fucking children.

Blonde hair blue eye

He didn't want it to be a dark color so it would actually look like a transformation and it being blond means that it's less coloring work.

Also, the eyes were originally red. The green just stayed for whatever reason.

Why Blonde though? There are other light colors

>Blond hair
>Blue Eyes
>/SS/
>Strongest in the universe
>Pure hearted
Toriyama really liked Hitler

Why not blonde?

It was said by another user. He wanted to make inking easier for his assistant. There's no deep meaning to it.

Making it easier for himself is more fitting to Toriyama tough.

Wouldn't white be an easier color to deal with?

Wasn't he an accountant?

it is all the same in the manga.

OP is asking why is it blonde, not why is it a light color

No he wasn't

And? Toriyama literally said this. This isn't a theory. It's something he put on record: it was for his assistant's sake.

i think they were meant to be gold, not blonde

probably to make it easier for himself too

he is very very very lazy, as he is so often to re-iterate

Super Sayians are pretty much in a state of autistic rage triggered by sensory overload and autism is more prevalent in those with blond hair.

source motherfucker

Japs love whites, especially the blonde kind.

He wanted things to be easier for him and his assistant as far as inking went. But he more than likely didn't think about what actual light color it would be until he had to color a page with SSJ in it and just thought "hm, it could look good blond" and left it at that.

Making it white might have not even crossed his mind.

blond hair and blue eyes = superiority

Because if you weren't fucking faggots casuals that jerk off to naruto and sword art online you would know that in japan they have BLACK HAIR so seeing different hair colors, especially on an island was quite the rarity.
Besides that, in japanese folklore, white being the color of the death and of the otherworld, blond or any hair color different than black was commonly associated with the supernatural or demonic world.
So basically the choose blond because "OH SHIT DUDE, look, he transcended from being a earthly being into something that overcomes it, cool uh?", also light hair and pale skin give them an instant boner, idk why.

This is what it looked like in the manga.
Now, important question is who decides this was supposed to be Blonde and not any other bright color.

But they have green eyes...

>To be honest, the way I decided upon the Super Saiyan design was for such a... simple reason that it’d make you go "eh?". I only use one assistant (note 3), who has always helped me. My assistant always had to spend a lot of time blacking in Goku's hair (note 4), so the biggest reason was to save time, since if Goku became a Super Saiyan, his hair wouldn't have to be blacked in. What's more, this also had the effect that one could tell with a glance that Goku had gotten stronger, so it was killing two birds with one stone. At the time, it was made out that he was fifty times as strong when he became Super Saiyan, but that's a little extravagant. As far as my feelings as an author go, I think I drew it with the sense of it being a change of about ten times what he had been up until then.

Technically speaking, he was using a Kaioken x20, so that would be x200 his base form, making it even more extravagant than a x50 multiplier, but that's beside the point.

It's official, niggers.
Toriyama is redpilled.
Fuck off, Mexicunts.

dont know, dont care

You know what he was thinking.

In japanese blue and green are the same colour, so they are literally super aryans.

>ywn see Goku transform into Super Sayan again

Still the best transformation in shonen

>*for the first time again

Toriyama colored it in the manga

I remember reading somewhere that Toriyama tried to keep it white for colored pages but it looked off, so he simply made it a clear color. Gold fit nice I supopose, what with ki and all.

Can't confirm it tho.

you know this makes Broly make a lot more sense

How do you feel knowing that Toriyama went on to give them Tumblr hair?

>In japanese blue and green are the same colour
What the fuck

>only western cucks will associate divine spiritual blue color to hair dyeing sjw beta culture