Dragon Ball

>January: New Super chapter, Super being premiered on Toonami
>February: New Super arc begins
>2017: What a time to be a dragon ball fan.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1hKHqd2qYf8
youtube.com/watch?v=xgyYcXJhEvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bQSdXehyev8
youtube.com/watch?v=A7tFpVCM2gg
youtube.com/watch?v=pdkh6iq7G5c
youtube.com/watch?v=LrimMPS2jc0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>English-dubbed Super
Fucking finally, although goddamn I'm gonna miss Japanese Black and Zamasu. Nobody is going to top them.

>Implying that arc minus three episodes won't be quality

I doubt Sean and whoever will dub Zamasu will compare to Nozawa and Shinichiro's performance as Black and Zamasu.

youtu.be/1hKHqd2qYf8

>My Dick

Toei will have a source material now since Toyotaro has gave them storyboards/his manga panels for the new arc. Hopefully that will improve their QUALITY as well as the character's personalities (Goku).

>when you know that you will get Piccolo status eventually, but will still fuck the DB girl that Sup Forums wants the most

Hopefully Black doesn't get that terrible voice he has in Xenoverse 2

They won't, it's impossible. I like the Funimation team a lot but Zamasu will be difficult to top and if Sean's Goku Black performance in Xenoverse 2 is anything to go by, it's not going to even come close to Nozawa.

What will Toei do if Nozawa were to pass on?

She's 80 years old. Do you think it's possible that she took the Yasuo Yamada route (the former voice actor to Lupin III) and actually have someone in mind to take over as Goku if she were to die?

Once she dies, Dragon Ball wouldn't feel the same.

I'm sure something like that is part of her keikaku (keikaku means plan).

They will probably get some impersonator.

>What will Toei do if Nozawa were to pass on?
>implying death is relevant in DB/DBZ/DBS

isn't king kai like 90 as well?

at least we'd still have the english dub team

> This is why I miss hand drawn animation

youtube.com/watch?v=xgyYcXJhEvQ
I can't wait for Batman Goku

Still not as QUALITY as Super.

I fucking hope he gets actual direction. Black's Xenoverse 2 voice is absolutely goddamn atrocious, even Hit has a better voice.

Nozawa's serious voice is still so damn good. Shame her regular Goku has waned in quality.

Second best Vegeta design?

I take it that's Sean?

>I'm..Go.ku..now..?

Jesus this is pathetic, how does anyone watch this shit?

I forget
When Ginyu swapped bodies with Goku in Z did they just use Ginyus actor for Goku or did we get an evil Sean Goku voice?

Also what little we got of MasakoX's Black Goku was surprisingly good

youtube.com/watch?v=bQSdXehyev8

I have never been a fan of her Goku voice, or of Japanese DB in general, but her Black and Shinichiro's Zamasu are phenomenal.

>but everything got better after episode 5 hurr durr
Believe not this disgusting lie.

you do know they fixed that particular brand of shite right?

need to get into Super
is it worth just seeing the movies and going from there or will I miss something crucial?

They probably will go with some impersonator who can do her voice. The interesting bit is Gohan and Goten. Will they get different voice actors?

He was replaced after the first 10 episodes of Super since he couldn't really act anymore.

That's not the Bluray correction you dumb shit.

THIS is.
right: correction
left: broadcast

There's only a single relevant retcon in the 27 movie remake episodes, so, yeah, you can just watch the movies.

Beerus was lying about the amount of power he used in BoGs. He was actually much stronger than that.

Regardless, it doesn't excuse that fucking abhorrent animation.

Are there any examples of them improving the animation in the Blurays besides episode 5?

the Future Trunks arc has good material for MADs
youtube.com/watch?v=A7tFpVCM2gg

So what was
?

Do you not see the name on the bottom right corner?

It's from some faggot on Deviant Art who does
>"hurr durr super with 90s animation"
>"muh nostalgia"

They just used ginyu's voice

youtube.com/watch?v=pdkh6iq7G5c

do you have the unedited version

oops my bad

I really hope they use the corrected episodes on toonami

Bulma's Armor, pre-Whis faggotry.

They also fixed a bunch of shots in episode 25 the Goku SSJB vs Golden Freeza battle, although many of the changes were unnecessary or pointless while several bad shots remained.

youtube.com/watch?v=LrimMPS2jc0

> Missing the Moostache
> 0/10

When might we see results of this change? Because Super thus far has been a pretty mixed fucking bag.

>most changes were made on bulma
Holy shit I didn't realize how bad the art was for the FnF arc since I skipped over that. Talk about QUALITY!

lol 10/10 bluray

Weird. Usually blurays are supposed to up the fanservice, but here they ended up making Bulma's breasts smaller.

T.V looks better here

TV has her spine bent like mad

Majin Vegeta will always be best IMO
I don't really know why there's just something about it, it might just be all the amazing character moments

Is the dubs using the Blu ray version or the TV one?

Genuinely curious, can anyone here explain why they dislike the Cell Saga, or Cell as a villain?

Why has Bulma become so fuckable after the BoG arc?

Anti-Gohan contrarians; this is Sup Forums.

i hope this picture inspires some actually good Sage mode Goku fan art

>can anyone here explain why they dislike the Cell Saga, or Cell as a villain?
I always though Buu was the most hated of the sagas and main villain in Z

It just seems like even if you hate the Gohan vs Cell part, the saga in general has so many great moments. But maybe nostalgia has me biased.

Except for buyfags so far, Bandai just shows plenty of stuff not giving a release date on anything

In Japan, Buu saga is more popular than Cell saga and Buu is a more popular villain. Here it's the opposite. They hate Broly in Japan too, but that one I agree with.

Time travel shit was dumb, Cell's motivations were dumb, Super Saiyan abuse was dumb, Hyperbolic Time Chamber was dumb. At least it has Satan and 18, so that saves the saga from being shit.

Leave Uchiha Hitto to me!

Or use the same impersonator?

>Super Saiyan abuse was dumb

What do you mean, exactly?

I don't know how anyone can hate Cell more than they hate Buu. Buu after he started absorbing people was pretty much a lamer version of Cell. That act lasted for most of his arc. That why I didn't like Buu arc as despite introducing fusions, having Vegeta actually develop as a character, and had Mystic transformation Gohan.

This thread needs Ranfan.

I think it mainly boils down to it coming right after Freeza. Freeza saga gave us a fuckton of new characters, then the Cell saga only gives us Androids 16-20, Cell, Cell Jrs, Trunks, and King Cold barely.

Its such a shame with broly
his default super saiyan state is my all time favorite dragonball design, and the legendary transformation fucking terrified me when I was a kid

since he's not really canon they could reboot him, make him a silent warrior for justice who when angered becomes an uncontrollable force of destruction when his emotions are pushed too far, really delve into the jekyll and hyde theme

Fuck off with that Incredible Hulk shit.

Regular SSJ Broly is remarkably sexier than Legenary SSJ Broly

Beats me, I personally liked it, especially the time travel shenanigans and how science could create the ultimate warrior.

I can't imagine Zamasu without Shinichiro, desu.

Thats literally what he is in his current state
> im timid, mild mannered broly banner
> KAKAROT
> punches everything

Im not a fucking writer and I'm not saying my ten second fanfic is the best way to do it, im saying theres so much potential that I'd love to see

>Only new characters in Beerus arc were Beerus and Whis
>Only new characters in Trunks arc were Zamasu and Gowasu

Patrician taste, user.

You probably should rewatch the first Broly movie, he was never timid. He was being fuckin brainwashed so he wouldn't lose his shit the whole time.

The Trunks arc also had the Barbarians (I don't know why, but I feel like Team Universe 10 will have one their team), and those refugee kids

>mfw Zamasu has undressed Goku

because Beerus has made her like this

Those refugee kids sucked dick and I'm not sure how nameless, wordless barbarians that were in for like 5 minutes total count. That's like counting "people living in West City" or something.

They were a Toriyama, so I'm pretty sure they'll thrown one in there just due to that.

>Bills
>filename
You fucked up

>refugee kids
Do filler characters count?

>Bills

>Tori said he was getting sick of the countless Saiyan transformations, even retconning the hell of SS2 and 3 by stating their not "new" stages of SS, but extensions that wasted too much energy
>He wanted to keep the new SS forms so,[;e , only introducing one new one, that got stronger with training.
>Cut to Super, and now Base form God exists, as well as SSB, which completely makes SSG irrelevant.
>Tori even stated one interview that he was thinking about having the form be white, but then it would color-clash with Zamasu, so he figured he should save it for another occasion
So there's going to another new Saiyan form after Blue. Seriously, how can Tori turn away from his plans so easily? It almost like he forgets a lot about his own works.

pressure from producers
BRAND RECOGNITION

He's kinda senile at 60, he's long past caring about what he does at all, and he knows the games need more forms and transformations for the character roosters.

The shit kids don't count.

Time to watch the newest episode of Super.

Predictions:
>Goku fired the Ki-blast last episode to revive him from death
>Goku hired Hit to kill him
>Hit's powers get even more ridiculous but aren't enough to kill Goku
>Goku doesn't end up dying for real
>Vados and Champa show up randomly for reasons p-pls don't forget that we're characters too
>Beerus and Whis show up at the end of the fight (if it ends this episode)
>Vegeta shows up and has another cuck scene (probably something like "KAKAROTTO HOW DARE YOU FIGHT SOMEONE WHO ISN'T ME")
>absolutely nothing happens with gohan

If they're going to reboot him they should make him a female.

Also doesn't his SSJ 1 form have blue hair?

we need more transformations, not recolors

Fun Fact: Base God or "Saiyan beyond God" doesn't exist in the manga and in the anime they can sense their ki so it's not God Ki either.

only when he has the headband on

Toriyama is literally making this story up as he goes instead of actually thinking through it, like most authors should be able to do. You're talking about a man whose new arc involves some kind of tournament, that includes the majority of the U7 team being non-Saiyans.

The problem with this is that Toriyama never bothered having the other characters catch up with Goku and the Saiyans like he originally did when Tien, Yamacha, and the rest were following Goku's lead by training with the King Kai. It went nowhere after Goku went Super Saiyan. Now the power scale is way too high for the other characters to catch up that could seem plausible.

At any moment, Toriyama could have easily made some new power up for the other the other Z warriors like he did with Piccolo, but he didn't. Now, even Piccolo, the Androids, and Buu are obsolete. Baring Buu and the Saiyans, no one on the team is even on Cell's level. It would be some hack writing if Toriyama tried making Krillin or Tien credible again.

The whole saga runs on people being stupidly retarded. They choose to not look for Gero, Goku doesn't take his pills, multiple characters allow Cell to absorb the androids, Goku gives Cell a senzu, Gohan gets drunk on power. I don't hate it and like it for what it is, but it just isn't believable and I can't take it when people say the Cell Saga is the best with a straight face.

It's as if these people don't actually watch Super.

Every fucking thread
>Hurr, how do people watch this?
>What is this?
>What's going on?
>How can the animation of an episode from a year and a half ago be this bad?

Why are you in this thread?

even if they fix animation the story is shit even in a 3D, 6D ....

GT is by far better than this, bu t I hate both

Halfway through.

>Goku: "I'm shaking?"
>Hit: "It's not from excitement. It's from fear."

I wonder how much more of an edgy fedora tipper they're going to make Hitto be by the end of this.

it's SS blue, how doesn't exist?