>Posts on Sup Forums
>Still haven't watched Eva

Explain yourself

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/P4BBJ-039AU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tell me who are you quoting first.

i don't watch crap

If I liked mechas and robots and whatnot I would be on /r9k/ instead of Sup Forums

I forced myself to watch that crap. What a waste of time.

So if I get this straight, what you are saying is you don't want to get in the robot, right?

I watched it and it was worse than generic battle shounenshit.

>posts
>haven't
Third world scum leave this place

I've read the manga. How different is it?

Well for one the manga isn't canon.

But Eva is shit. I would unwatch it if I could.

I'm pretty sure everyone that's anyone has watched all of the essentials.

azumanga, evangelion, madoka, all original Gainax works, all SHAFT works, fish of the north star, etc.

>I'm pretty sure everyone that's anyone has watched all of the essentials.
Think again user, most posters on Sup Forums these days are crossboarding scum, who thinks streaming is an acceptable way to view anime.

I marathoned it one day, still have no idea what the fucking fuck happened. There were basketballs drilling into the earth then Asuka threw a fork into the moon, and suddenly it turned into a literal slideshow. Why is this considered a masterpiece again?

>fish of the north star
>fish
悔しい

>fish of the north star

I don't believe that.

>Sailor Moon fan
>doesn't understand Eva

Well, there's our answer, folks. Move along.

>Gainax shit
>Essential
Pick one waifufag

>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.

What happened?

Nice lightsaber kek

I love Gunbuster. It's my number one favorite; Noriko is such a wonderful role model.

I also still need to watch that mecha show with the afro.

>Gunbuster
>bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.
The fanservice in Gunbuster was masterful though, really high quality work.

>With a good message.
Ok.

The anime isn't anymore either

I already watched Neon Genesis Evangelion, The End of Evangelion, Death and Rebirth, the Rebuild of Evangelion movies, Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, RahXephon, Space Runaway Ideon, Mobile Suit Gundam 0079, The Super Dimensional Fortress Macross, AND Space Battleship Yamato (the 1974 TV series).
Am I missing any other essential stuff to watch for an Evangelionfag like me?
PS I already have more than 200 anime completed and have lurked for over 3 years.
And I have already read through most or every single important thread on Evageeks.

僕のピコ

>僕のピコ
Done with that too. And also the other two OVAs.

>he didn't watch gunbuster

Forgot to mention that, but I have watched that too. I have also watched Kare Kano, as well as every single film ever directed by Anno-chan.

I know you're being a meme but Honneamise is most likely the greatest anime film ever made and if western critics weren't such fags it'd probably be considered one of the greatest films ever made period.

Evangelion is an overall better work, though.

Why would I waste my time watching garbage though

Dropped it after 4 episodes because it was a complete snorefest.

>what happened?

You got old and forgot how to have fun

Congratulations

youtu.be/P4BBJ-039AU

You've most likely watched these if you're experienced but:
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Laputa/Castle in the Sky
Serial Experiments Lain (came afterwards but has many overlapping themes)
Revolutionary Girl Utena (same reasoning as Lain, Ikuhara also deals with psychological/sociological themes and abstract direction in most of his works)

And of course all post-Anno Gainax originals are worth watching. Imaishi was a disciple of Anno who took his ideas and inverted them.

For non-anime Evangelion related stuff, check out the works of Arthur C. Clarke, whose novels heavily influenced the background mythology of Evangelion including the idea of an alien race and human singularity.

Congratulations

Afraid it will be too depressing.

EoE's ending is actually quite inspirational.

I watched the original but is it worth watching that movie shits?

Yes, but they're more about fun and less about meaning than the original series. If you think about them as a celebration of the series then it isn't as bad as treating them on the same tier as the original.

>they're more about fun and less about meaning than the original series
>meaning
>mfw most of Eva fans I know care more about Asuka or Rei than anything else
I feel like most Eva fans don't really care about meaning after all

I was quite surprised by that since by the comments I expected a downer ending ("Shinji causes the Third Impact anyway")

Shinji did nothing wrong. He let people decide their fates. Live in a utopia where everyone is together or a hellhole where you can be yourself.

>all SHAFT works

Only watched Madoka cause SHAFT stuff mostly looks like artsy bullshit. Madoka was shit.

I expect an ending of the everyone/almost everyone dies, so I'm not in rush to watch it, although I am interested due to the notoriety.

Your dad loves you get in the robot

watched this garbage recently
still is fucking cringe as it was when i was teenager

read the manga
it was fucking glorious and beautiful

what went wrong?

your taste

I haven't seen it because it's the dullest franchise in the history of anime. Each episode following the boy eva pilot (Ikari Shinji) and his pals (Asuka Langley Soryu, Ayanami Rei) from NERV as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series' only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects—all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Gainax vetoed the idea of Miyazaki directing the series; they made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody—just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for their manga. The Evangelion series might be pro-Christian (or not), but it's certainly the anti-Initial D series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the End of Evangelion was good though, r-right?
"No!"

The writing was dreadful; the art was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character left in their eva the director wrote instead that the character "sortied." I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Anno's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Neon Genesis Evangelion by the same Makoto Shinkai. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Evangelion at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch Makoto Shinkai." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Neon Genesis Evangelion" you are, in fact, trained to watch Makoto Shinkai.

I watched it all a couple weeks ago.

It was okay, show would've been GOAT had it focused more on Shinji rather than the dull sidekicks that are Rei/Asuka.

Movie kind of made up for it though.

I would say that as long as you've seen at least 200 shows then you've seen enough to post on Sup Forums

oh I get it it's a reference to the Sup Forums thing hahaha

It was ok. I don't even understand the waifufaggotry in this show. Literally no girls had any redeeming qualities, unless you like complete basket-cases or no personality autismos.

wrong

Post the proper viewing order that I should start with.

Help an user stop being third world crossboarding scum.

I dont watch cartoons, I'm only here for mangos

obviously start with episode 26 and work your way backwards randomly

I've seen Eva just recently.
I actually loved it for like 3/4ths of the anime, but then shit started getting weird towards the end and it dropped it from like a solid 9/10 to a whatthefuckisthisshit6/10.

Wish they just focused on the cool mechfights and waifus instead of whatever indescribable bullshit they did.

Watch the TV show (the BD rip).
Watch the End of Evangelion movie.
The rest (the manga version, the games, etc.) is optional.
Watch Rebuild movies if you want to join the speculah.

Watching Eva is wasting 12 hours of your life on a terrible show when there are less terrible shows to watch.

I don't watch overrated garbage.

Why does Asuka treat Shinji like an ex boyfriend? They never even dated, ever.

because that's how (((((real))))) women act user

Well, they got that accurate I guess.

All these people willfully denying themselves pleasure merely to feel superior to people on the internet. I feel bad for you guys.

But user, 80% of all discussion on Sup Forums pertains to current season. No threads for old anime even get off the ground unless it's a really fresh bait thread or Asuka/Rei thread.

What's the point of taking part in 20% of the discussion of an already shrinking board population?

It's just poor man's Devilman, I'm not missing anything by not watching it.

I had enough of Shinji's shit by the time the island arc ended. I'll consider it if and only if you can explain the fascination with Marimite and what the fuck those weird Marimite threads were about. I also have great taste in anime.

I watched it until episode 10 then I just forgot about watching it. I just don't feel like completing it since Sup Forums spoiled it anyways.

>watching Eva
>not reading berserk
???

I don't like 2deep4u stuff so i never bothered.