Retro Sup Forumsnime Thread

Post what you've been watching/reading recently, and what you think, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AXUq4HG7fo8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its a masterpiece

Oh I've been watching Oniisama e too, yeah it's pretty crazy so far, and I'm only 12 episodes in.

Watching Zeta Gundam right now.
I'm not liking it that much. I loved the first Gundam TV show, but this one feels aimless. Like, the shows is nothing but a bunch of kids throwing a tantrum instead of being soldiers in a war like the White Base crew.

>I'm only 12 episodes in.
hey kinotabi

I'm very very very close to finishing up Akage no Anne. I'm, like, in the single digits for how many episodes I need to watch.

What a wonderful show. Anne is so very charming, even when she grows up.

Was this the first yuri anime?

Don't be so pervy user. sheesh. It's not yuri, they're just really good friends.

No, I'm pretty sure that must've been Ace wo nerae.

Zankoku na Kami ga Shina Suru

It's wild.

nani did you just say?

>Ace wo nerae
>yuri
I think you're confused user.

>tfw you will never have a bosom friend

>yuri
>implying
Shoujo =/= Shoujo ai

If you can't see it yet, just wait for Char's speech at Dakar. Zeta focuses on a much wider spread of plot lines and characters than 0079, so I can see why you would feel the way you do. But it does become more focused as it goes on.

All that gay pedo rape was too much for me.

>Dezakishit character designs
Absolutely disgusting.
And his meme directing as well
>DUDE SNAPSHOT MEMEORIES LMAO
I will never watch anything by this faggot besides Cobra.

Yeah so far it's been nothing but uncomfortable. I hope he dies sooner rather than later.

Heavy bait user, but at least you conceded in your own post about his greatness.

Watched this garbage, why is retro so shit?

Why are there so many direct to video, OVA anime back in the early 90s until probably 2005? Where can I download Cat's eye?

>Where can I download Cat's eye?
Bakabt
But if you're super special you can get the BD from muh ""secret club"""!

Your taste is shit. That movie is still so popular that it gets a sequel soon.

Late night anime have replaced OVAs.

Dirty fucking slut

I saw some episodes of Ace wo Nerae today, seen 17 episodes so far. It's a good anime, and I like the opening theme, but it's also getting tempting to skip it.
Sometimes I think the red shadows are blood pits if they are around a character that just got injured, but I need to remember that blood looks like flowers in this anime. Good art though. You can really see different faces for the characters, you know gow they'd look like in real life.

What do ya think of Munakata coach, user?

I have trillions of retro shows on my backlog, so I will only talk about the most recent ones I'm watching right now:
- Oniisama E: only watched the first episode and liked it, but I can already tell it's going to be more melodramatic than a Mexican telenovela.
- Magic Knight Rayearth: watched it a long time ago dubbed, now I'm getting the BD rips. Man, I didn't remember how episode 3 looked like shit.
- Akage no Anne: watched the first two episodes. Poor Anne.
- Heidi: watched the first two episodes, Heidi is definitely a miracle of the universe.

>tfw no subs
The worst kind of retro feel

Forgot to say, Crusher Joe.

youtube.com/watch?v=AXUq4HG7fo8

Gets my nostalgia boner going every time.

Cream Lemon really was interesting. They sure don't make hentai like that nowadays.

I like the coach

Do you where I can get subs for the BD rip? Tried the one from subs.ru but it didn't work out.

the ace o nerae box set just came uout. Hoping for someone to do a proper translation & release of such a classic.

To be honest, we'll be lucky if we even get a BD rip of it.

I've been watching Ashita no Joe lately - 55 eps in so far and it's great, even if the pacing is slow. I read online that people held an IRL funeral for Rikishi after he died in the show... I would have gone.

Anyone here seen the movies and season 2? Are they worth watching?

yes and yes
you should've read the manga first

fandom is truly dead.

or learn japanese already.

Me too. I'm just about to finish the second season.

>I can't believe that.
What did he mean by this?

Are the 90s retro yet?

Is that Kumiko?

How are the BDs coming? There was only 2 episodes out when I last saw it and the boxes were like $3,000 USD.

I want to fuck Mariko so hard!

Dunno. I plan to rip it, but it will take time. Particularly for the OVA.

Dark Kumiko.

*Deep Kumiko

>tfw LoGH threads soon won't be retro anymore

What the hell was the point of this? Guaranteed sales?

Wow I forgot all about this.

Watching Heidi for the first time. It seems to have aged well.

>the man hating character is one of the only two with a het end
What did they mean by this?

Girls who resist and deny are the ones who'll most love to take cock in every hole.

Been watching a lot of random 80s OVAs

KINOTABI

Oh did Dezaki direct this as well?

Is there a more perfect guy than Saeba Ryo?

Overrated shit

While I liked the show overall, I enjoyed OPs of this more than the main story itself. Directing was kinda lacking.

This. I can't fathom how people spend countless hours over years of their life indulging in Japanese media they love but don't just learn the language.

Because I'm lazy?

20 something episodes into Ashita no Joe, it's okay so far. Joe himself is a fairly interesting protagonist.

>het
When did it become ok to unironically talk like tumblr? When will Hiromoot get real mods for Sup Forums that will get rid of the newfag ESLfags and yurifags from tumblr?

But learning moon is fun and the benefits are great.

When Hibike started airing it's first season.

I blame Hibike for Tumblr and LN haremshit for ESLfags. Truly the worst things to happen to this board.

I think tumblrshit really started happening with Free!
Honestly, KyoAni in general brings the worst kinds of posters to flock to Sup Forums

But those were fujos who were already here when SnK started. The next big fujo migration here was Mob Psycho.

Learning enough vocab to be able to follow any conversation smoothly, having enough experience to be able to comprehend speech somewhat competently, and doing those things as naturally as you would your native language take many years of dedication and motivation that most people just don't have.
My motivation almost completely died when I became able to read manga comfortably. I can only follow really simple conversations audibly.

Zeta opens up so confusingly that it's pretty hard to get a grasp on the situation for a while.

I just assumed that everyone was as hyper focused on their hobbies as I am. I hate doing anything that requires effort that I find boring, including most of my studies and work, and only do them for the sake of making money to spend on my hobbies, but if I'm doing something I like or that will benefit my hobbies, the effort just comes naturally.

lurk more

Reminder he never fucks her.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Newfags pretending to be oldfags is one of the worst memes.

Not your blog, idiot. Now stop posting and lurk more.

Fucking newfags pretending to be oldfags. You're not the Sup Forums police and no one cares what you say. You probably haven't even been here longer than captcha has.

Do the Rurouni Kenshin OVA's sill count as retro, think thez're from 2001 or so. Rewatched them last week, both of them, and still think they're one of the best OVA's, or anime in general out there. Too bad my hard drive died, I've to download all that ore 200 goodness again.

RUPAN.

what is retro

>that sakuga

what is

Everything more than 20 years old.

>still no BDrip of Iczer
Which has the best quality of of the available DVDrips?

The over the top drama and non-stop reaction shots became kind of hilarious eventually.

Iczer was shit though, so that's okay.

What really worries me is no Tekkaman Blade BD rips.

Sup Forums memed me into watching urusei yatsura, and honestly, I'm disappointed. On episode 10 right now, the only good thing about it is style.