Gentlemen smoked pipes. What changed?

Gentlemen smoked pipes. What changed?

They started vaping instead.

Alternatives that don't require you to carry around a baggie of tobacco and a goddamn pipe.

also this, vaping is:
more convenient
healthier
less obnoxious

not to mention how smelly a pipe is, carrying that around lets everyone know you smoke.

A bunch of busy bodies decided they didn't like the smell of cigarettes, and decided to start a campaign to let everyone know why they shouldn't be smoke.

It probably has something to do with WWII soldiers being given a fuckton of cigarettes. Post industrial stuff.

Vaping is maximally obnoxious.

Imagine a fedora wearing bike cunt in heavy traffic hitting the vapes at every red light on his 'commute'.

THAT'S WHAT VAPING IS!

How come people used to like the smell?

Tastiest method of smoking.

Or, just hit the fucker and don't make a big deal about it. I never do.

Lots of people like pipe smoke. Also people whose parents smoked indoors like the familiar smell.

dont smoke, eat onions
onions make you STRONK

This is a good answer makes sense

Why were cowboys associated with cigarettes?

Native americans died, they kept the tradition alive.

cigars are classy these days

You're talking about cloud chasers, user. They usually vape a liquid with 0mg nicotine content.

Usually to practice vape tricks and train their lung capacity.

Speaking of, did you know people make a living off doing vape tricks for instagram and youtube and shit?

nothing changed

That is not true at all. Dad smoked and I cant fucking smoked. Its such a shitty smell.

>tobacco water pipe

People eventually stopped smoking cause it's lame.

That one I actually know. The Marlboro Man was one of the first advertising mascots ever. Marlboro realized that not only could they sell cigarettes to people, but also a way of life.

Sounds pretty cool actually

All that for pipe tobacco you don't inhale?

>He didn't inhale

Ok, Bill Clit

Gentlemen realised that tobacco is for niggers and other degenerates and generates profit for (((them))). And Vaping..

>Speaking of, did you know people make a living off doing vape tricks for instagram and youtube and shit?

Yes. I'm aware Jews like to sell product.

Welcome to /bant/ - International/Random

/bant/ is a board for the discussion of any topic, a place where you can relax and have fun with people from all over the world.

That makes sense

Kids then grew up with cowboys as idols

Make them represent the new masculinity to replace dads old pipe

And now vapes to replace moms cigarette

Politics has clearly altered tobacco use and perceptions

I smoke a pipe. Its 4:20 right now as a matter of fact.

Pipe tobacco smells completely different than cigarette tobacco for some reason. I've always liked the smell of pipe smoke, even as a kid with non smoking parents and before I started smoking myself. Still have a vague memory of a little league game where I smelled something good and asked my dad what it was, and he said it was someone smoking a pipe.

>argument to fashion sense
>argument to sexual preferences
>argument to choice if vehicle

what are you even trying to say?
How is vaper's sexuality related to the vaping in any possible way?

I personally annoy people at factory by vaping in a smoking room, everybody complains about the thick steam they are forced to smoke in but guess what DEAL WITH IT.
>oh shit it's you vaping in here again
>well at least i dont fucking smoke in here

Yeah no. Stop trying to justify your smelly habit. They both smell awful. Almost as bad as weed, Christ that shit reeks.

It's degenrate and damage your lungs retard

You don't inhale pipe tobacco

It's not even a lie though. Smoking really is a way of life.

I miss smoking more than I miss any person or pet. Until you've opened the nicotinic receptors on the neurons in your brain, you haven't lived.

I'd smoke all day every day if they could make one that wasn't a long suicide note.

Yeah no. Stop trying to justify being a gigantic pussy. Pipe tobacco smells amazing.

>needs 3:51 min to solve captcha
>smokes

My grandpa got cancer in his mouth.

Nicotine is a stimulant cannabis is not

I'm fine being a pussy so long as I dont smell like a cheap hookers ashtray

cigarettes are as much tobacco as Nestea is real tea. Did you know theres nococaune or cola extract in CocaCola?
same with cigarettes.

that actually is brown-painted paper with aroatisers, additives and added nicotine solution.
the real tobacco doesnt even look like that, neither does it smell, taste, or even feel like those paper cigarette fillings.

Happens to non pipe smokers too

What a fucking loser habit.

>less obnoxious
wew

They all died of lung cancer.

Damn skippy; especially paired with a bold cup of bean juice not cut with sugar and cream.

Women doesn't like smokers polluting their house with tobacco smell.. Men listened to women. and they don't smoke pipes anymore

Is this this case of Japan? We sell tobacco at every gas station

Just rarely pipe tobacco

I smoke a pipe. I can even pack a pipe while driving, but it's a bitch to light properly unless you pull over.

>Gentlemen smoked pipes. What changed?
Poor/stupid people started affording tobacco.
>Nerds used to dominate the internet. What changed?
Technology got dumbed down for poor/stupid people.

Anytime something goes to shit, whether it's politics, games, movies, music, MtG, smoking, drugs, the internet.
Literally everything you can imagine that has gone to shit has gone to shit because riffraff became able to partake.

>less obnoxious

You forgot the man-bun.

>walk intoa designated smoking room
>wape the fuck out of it until people cant read facebook posts on their smartphones
>"Dude this is fucking disgusgusting"
>"Well at least its not smoking" (with the smuggest grin my face is capable of)

What you gonna do tobacuck boy?

Because it smelled good. I can't stand cigarette smoke, but I always enjoyed pipe smoke. It was just tobacco, and I assume pipe smokers were more likely to get something good.

YOU HAVE TO GET A TIN OF GL PEASE QUIET NIGHTS

Vaping in public is for faggots and attention whores.

yea what loser tries to quit cigarettes by vaping. Only real men get cancer

The real tobacco smells NOTHING like the paper cigarette fillings, it does really have a rich flavor and taste.

go buy some and roll your own cigarette, its worth trying.

I know a guy with astma.
he can smoke the real tobacco and weed but thi moment anybody lights up a paper cigarette he's getting sick

Doing it wrong.
>walk into a designated smoking room
>vape the fuck out of a-php from an oil burner while everyone else is vaping plain ol ejuice
>proceed to end up on the evening news

I have never seen anyone vape that wasn't a fucking nu-male

If I saw some guy doing this trick, I'd give him the attention he deserves.

do you carry your vape gear in your fanny pack?

you don't quit by vaping.
you quit cold turkey, vaping is a replacement, in fact when you start vaping you lose all the negative motivation you had to quit smoking.

To vape is not to quit, its like a new better smoking.

It usually fits all in your pocket, user.

I smoke an original waffen SS christmas pipe from time to time

Smoking is retarded. I've been smoking for 15 years, its stupid and gay. Stick with healthy options like alcohol and weed. Smoking is just pointless.

>alcohol
>healthy

People realised smoking isnt very healthy

I vaped for a year as a means of quitting smoking and I am surely not a numale. But I get what you mean. To many hipsters making a shitty culture out of a useful device.

Bean juice???

So, a boot to the face. Gotcha.

C вэйпa гopaздo пpoщe cлeзть. Я пepeшeл нa вэйп кoгдa в Poccии ввeли зaкoн o зaпpeтe кypeния в oбщecтвeнных мecтaх, кypил eгo oкoлo гoдa. B итoгe oн cлoмaлcя oдним дeкaбpьcким yтpoм и мнe былo тaк впaдлy выхoдить из дoмa и иcкaть зaмeнy, чтo я тyпo бpocил лoл. Я пытaлcя бpocaть oбычныe cиги дo этoгo, былo гopaздo тяжeлee.

Coffee unless you're Asian

hes saying quitting cigarettes, not quitting smoking.

i vape at home, and keep a pack of smokes in my truck to have for occasional smoke breaks at work. keeps my room and laundry from stinking like stale cigarette smoke.

>What changed?
Cigars

Ah, thought you were on about whiskey or rum there

Same, I'd smoke every day if it didn't make my lungs feel like they were twice as heavy and full of liquid.

So my thread about how public libraries suck got deleted instantly but a thread about fucking smoking pipes stays up? No mods aren't deleting arbitrarily AT ALL...

Cigarettes were invented...

420 you say?

Kinda obvious what’s in the pipe...

Sorry mate not arguing my thread was more relevant was just curious how the image changed so sharply

They stopped giving out fedoras when you bought a pipe.

convenience / mobility / inconspicuousness culture

A pipe means you're A. not moving about for at least one half hour, B. carrying around a decorated, fragile tool, along with rather expensive tobacco, and C. everyone can see it and smell it. Completely out of step with modern society.

That being said, you're lovely for mental work and solitary entertainment, like reading.

To clarify, they're antithetical to industrialism and mass society. Do we drink beer from decorated steins? Though, I can't think of a comfier scenario.

In a way, it's kind of ironic.
>I'm going to start a thread, thus using this public platform to distribute informatio-

I grew up smoking pipes and cigars. And let me tell you that pipe-smoking is a pain in the ass. Unless you just really love and delight in the little rituals, and processes of nursing your flame along for 45+ minutes (which some people really do), it's just not worth the effort.

With a cigar, you light it and forget it. With a pipe, you plunge yourself into this non-stop maintenance process that (unless you master it) will have you re-lighting over and over and over again. The ability to light a pipe with one or two matches, and keep it going until the end is almost an artform.

I couldn't get the hang of packing it just right, and some cigars smell as good as pipe tobacco.

I only use pipes for other herbs than tobacco.
I still smoke cancersticks Lucky Strike.

Wow le edgy

Yea, agreed. I'll take a cigar any day of the week. My Dad loved the process of pipe-smoking, and always preferred it. To each their own.

They ded

Italian degenerates

t. Underage

I own several pounds of pipe tobacco.

Ask me anything gentlemen.

smoke bongs instead

I forgot the true sign of age is disregarding scents. How silly of me.

>non-stop maintenance process that (unless you master it) will have you re-lighting over and over and over again.
Relighting takes a couple seconds. It's really not a hassle. You eventually get to the point where you know the optimal packing density for a given combination of tobacco and pipe, so you can do the whole "smoke with no relights" thing. But if your pack is about average (packing is not as complicated as people make it out to be), and you have to relight a few times, who cares?

That said, I prefer the pipe for sitting in the garden and reading. Nothing beats it. A cigar features less apparatus and less management, as you say, so I find they're better for social settings.

don't forget to drink raw onion juice everyday