Hibike! Euphonium

This is Buchou, cheer her up because Hibike is about to end

I like you Buchou mainly because you didn't have any drama bullshit like your other third year companions.

All I want is an OVA with the 3rd years as 1st years.

will she show any emotions in the finale?

She's already lusting after someone's vagina juice, can't get anymore emotional than that.

At least whatever fuckups inevitably occur next year won't be your fault.

She will be the best buchou the club has ever had and will take them to gold.

I just rewatched the Mizore arc. It was worse second time around all in one go.

Even if we discount Mizore being a weirdo autistic snowflake:
>her extreme reaction to anything Nozomi
>her failure to realise Yuuko is her friend because of her low self-esteem...

there are so many other things I have difficulty wrapping my head around:
>how do they not simply bump into each other at school?
>why did Nozomi not simply say "I'm quitting the band, you should stay though, you're good at this" rather than just saying nothing and somehow disappearing forever
>if she went to the performance doesn't she want to support Mizore? You can't do that without letting her know you were even there. Her apparent avoidance implies guilt for how she treated Mizore, yet the plot hinges on her being oblivious to how Mizore feels
>Why don't they tell Natsuki that they're holding Nozomi back because of how it'd affect Mizore? Yuuko just handwaves it away as "Natsuki wouldn't know what to do". If you don't tell her, she'll keep pushing.
>and why don't they just tell Nozomi? There's no point made about her reacting badly to this information. She accepts she'd likely not get into the competition, and Asuka says she was planning to wait until after the competition to deal with it. Why not just tell her? She's not a snowflake like Mizore. She kinda gets a free pass tootoo, even when the arc resolves, she doesn't claim any responsibility or guilt
>These two points annoy me particularly, because under Taki's tutelage, hasn't the whole band taken on a sort of do or die mentality? I'd almost expect them to be straight up blunt about it rather than stall out of fear of how delicate it all is
>Lastly, I know Asuka's supposed to be this weird sort of infallible wunderkind, but I have a tough time believing she'd have that much insight into how Mizore views the situation

The whole thing's so FUCKING CONTRIVED

What did Kyoani mean by this?

/r/ing that silly behind the chair hissing kumiko

HEY YOU
I AM BUCHOU
WE ARE OKYAKU-SAN
ENSOU - SHIMASEN

I... love... sushi?

Who is Hibike's designated Forehead Girl

I bet I could beat buchou in a fight.

She can't be the president. She's a criminal. Lock her up!

You think Reina can get the solo next year if this biased ribbon is the pres?

Famous last words faggot

>implying there will even be a trumpet solo next year

this is one weird dekomori

if there is one

Yuuko I thought?

Mizore and Nozomi arc was entire book. KyoAni cut alot of the inner monlogue and subplot about the competition. Ot explains a lot why Nozomi didn't tell Mizore and talks more about what hapoened the year prior

Anime failed to show that Asuka already knew aboutnher dad being a judge and how stopping Nozomi was bevause of aelfish reasons rather than practical one's. Anime failed to show how good Nozomi actually was as a flutist. Anime failed to show how Kitauji won Kansai was sheer luck.

>Anime failed to show how good Nozomi actually was as a flutist.
dammit kyoani, i wanna know how good she is

Not him but that doesn't excuse the shitty arc. Even if Nozomi's reasons were more clear in the novel, she still becomes irrelevant in the overarching plot. If you remove that arc, nothing would be lost aside from more fletched out characterization on Natsuki, Asuka and Yuko, and at that point there are better ways to go about revealing/strengthening their character traits.

>Anime failed to show that Asuka already knew aboutnher dad being a judge and how stopping Nozomi was bevause of aelfish reasons
No it didn't. Asuka herself explains that in the anime

>Anime failed to show how good Nozomi actually was as a flutist.
I thought she was pretty good regardless, I mean one thing the anime has over the novels is that you can listen to her play.

>Anime failed to show how Kitauji won Kansai was sheer luck
Need book citations to compare

One of the big three eho always ein Golds in Kansai had a change of adviser. That was the reason they didnt proceed to Nationals. It showed that Judges have biases that hammered the point of the whole Competition deal in that arc. Tge anime dropped the ball in that subplot.

Will Taki-sensei give the band an even harder piece so they can actually get better than bronze at Nationals?

Good work on that solo in the T square buchou

Before season 1 came out the hibike novel site listed Kumiko, Reina, Asuka and Shuichi as the main characters. Then it became Kitauji Quartet.

I like her because she has the same VA as Best Reina

gotta rake in that residual K-on appeal

Fine too.

So Novelanon said that novel 2 is better written than novel 1 but I thought it was unanimously agreed that Nozomi-Mizore arc is the weakest. Is there anything the novel did differently?

Why is Reina so hot? That damn pretty face and beautiful hair.

I would cheer her up with my cock.

Hey, if only you had played at least one full song or kissed a girl your second season might not have been absolute garbage.

Damn she's hot. I bet she's going to give that present to Kumiko.

the present to taki.
her body to kumiko

Are you saying they sucked because the adviser changed or the adviser was buddies with the judges or what?

Nah, Taki just has to improve in sucking Judge penis and they'll win a gold in nationals next year.

They didnt suck but since the adviser changed the new style may have not been the liking of the judges. You do know music competitions are completely subjective right?

>Asuka took it upon herself to lead the group as well since the actual president couldn't do it
What did he mean by this?

So according to Taki, Kitauji during his wife's time as a student only won bronze at locals but apparently made the Nationals (ep 6, in the car during a typhoon). Can anyone confirm if that was a translation error?

CRYBABY SAXOPHONE

Reina Izumi = Suck
Reina Kousaka = Blow

Who's better?

Reina Kousaka. Izumi sucks.

Who can even compete with best girl

Kirby

(also, that bonus ultra comfy Buchou voice)

>Hibike is about to end
Thank fucking Christ.

>with shoefags getting blown the fuck out.

What a great way to end.

Everyone got blueballed this season. KyoAni eliminated any Shuu development and they reinforced Reina's Taki addiction.

KumiRei has the kyoani art, KumiShuu has the novel and manga.

What's a blueball?

having sex but unable to cum. dick shrivels back to normal size without getting load released

Playing in the nationals but winning bronze.

>KumiRei has the kyoani art, KumiShuu has the novel and manga.
Fuck KyoAni and their endless bait and exploitation of the queer fanbase.

>KumiRei has the kyoani art
Fucking make a fucking yuri anime already, you fucking assholes.

>KumiShuu has the novel and manga
Not really. Ultimatemegax already said that the novel inclines more towards yuri and he's been more correct than novelanon so far.

No under Takis dad they woukd reach Nationals but not gold

No Ultimegax is a fucking yurifag of course thats how he feels. Novelanon is humble and impartial

How do you know who's been more correct if you haven't read the novels? And Ultimatebetamax is biased since he's a yurifag. The interviews we have with the author say that Kumiko sees Reina as a soulmate beyond romanticism.

That Shoe scene in ep 12 was a total asspull though. Kumiko loathes the dude and she's out there in the middle of the night having casual convo with him? ffs KyoAni sacrifices character consistency to set-up a shitty movie/OVA again.

Novelanon has never been wrong about the novels Mehax puts in his prejiduces

be still my lesbian heart

>Kumiko sees Reina as a soulmate beyond romanticism
Very nice, that's like a slap to Shoe's face. Kumiko and Reina do belong together.

Kyoani decides if whether Kumiko will let Shoe talki to her or give him the cold shoulder.

Wow are you so biased that you cant analyze character interactions? Kumiko does not loathe Shuichi. Where are you even getting this? Shuichi is not an asshole that his childhood friend would hate. Its like yurifags want to make Shuichi some horrible person. It makea more sense that she is butting up a wall between them so she doesnt get emotionally invested just as Asuka says.

Soulmate=!Lover. Why is this concept so alien to westerners

>Kumiko sees Reina as a soulmate beyond romanticism
which is a repressed Japanese way of saying Lesbian.

Oh great, it's this argument again.

Kumiko doesn't really hate him though. It's just Kyoani lazy writing because they don't know what to do with him.

>queer fanbase
You do know that, in Japan, the LGBT fanbase is not connected to the yuri fanbase whatsoever, right? If someone likes yuri, it's because they like the genre, not because of 'muh representation'.

She doesn't loathe him. Learn to read between the lines. Anime Kumiko KNOWS Shoe likes her, so she distances herself from him to avoid any further romantic approaches. That time in episode 12 was different since she needed someone to talk to, same with episode 13 of S1, she was vulnerable. Hibike is no ordinary anime, characters have more depth. When discerning Hibike characters you should ask yourself not only what do they want but what do they actually need, they can be two completely different things.

lgbt hates yuri. it's basically hets making money from queer experiences.

Kumiko also avoids him because shes scared to know if she likes Shuichi more than a friend. She's afraid of hurting him and being hurt. It's like no one paid attention to Asuka's breakdown of her character.

Shuichi is the weakest link of the show.

Most yuri mangaka are female; some of them are even lesbians themselves. They make yuri because they find it cute/like drama, not because they want to whine about how oppressed they feel.

I swear if we get a Tamako Love Story conclusion out of this I'll burn all my KumiRei merchandise.

That scene with Mamiko was convenient as fuck.

In the novel Shuichi consoles Kumiko about Mamiko. It seems KyoAni made it so they cut the middleman and have Shuichi go to Mamiko. Why is KyoAni so scared of making theae two interact in meaningful ways.

He's a walking plot device.

>I'll burn all my KumiRei merchandise
You're going to burn all zero of it?

>you cant analyze character interactions
Right back at you. Everytime they met Kumiko has shown absloute disgust towards him.

So repressed to the point that they fetishize their own kind? This is lesbian Uncle Tom

ffs we are not supposed to support that

I know you're baiting but my tumblr going friends all want it to be yuri for the representation aspect.

>KyoAni so scared of making theae two interact

Because the romantic subplot must be avoided. So you have this character that stands up like a sore thumb with seemingly no direction.

Thats only is a surface reading. Just like Asuka being a cheerful competent sempai is a surface reading

At least they didn't make Kumiko know that it was Shuu who told Mamiko. bless KyoAni for that at least. Also his smug smile in Ep 12 is absolutely worthless now.

Even in S1. Playing accross the river? Just randomly passing by the bridge for umakunaritai? Shoe should've been cut out of Kumiko's life the moment he threatened to ruin her friendship with Hazuki.

Projecting sjw values to other cultures. Go back to tumblr

Read the interviews. They're not scared, they just don't want Kumiko to have a romantic subplot in the anime.

If you retards hadn't read the novels spoilers you'd just think Shoe was an ordinary background character who happens to be Kumiko's childhood friend. You guys are using the novels events to complain about the anime, it's illogical.

Backfired on them because Shuichi is pretty important

It just means they disnt execute it well then. Why keep most of his important moments and even give him original scenes?

KumiShuu still an asspull in the novels. Ayano Takeda is a lucky hack. KyoAni managed to turn her dogshit novels into a good anime.

>don't want Kumiko to have a romantic subplot in the anime
Kumiko has one though. There's the confession of love between Kumiko and Reina. The central point of the whole first season.

Go away megax

Because those moments didn't have any romantic implications, in the anime they're just friends, Kumiko knows he likes her but it's obvious she doesn't feel the same, hence why she usually acts cold towards him ever since she realized his feelings back in S1.

Kumiko already rejected him, they should have just made them friends at the start of the season to avoid this farce. Instead we have this awkward unnecessary scenes between them.

Why? That adds more realism to their relationship.

Why the fuck was that made if Reina still confessed to Taki and Kumiko told her that she would support her?
They're only friends even after Kumiko confessed in the novels, I swear.

Novel doesnt care about competitions. Anime makes it all about the competition

No it's a fucking waste of time.

Also, why the fuck does KyoAni insist on putting Kumiko and Shuu in the same frame when they are playing in the band? It's the most pathetic attempt at baiting that I've ever seen