What's his problem?

What's his problem?

"I don't believe I can be loved by others, I'm not worthy of love."

Being a father is hard, so I'd rather play with my dolls - the character.

His hat's falling off his head

his wife got stuck in a robot and he spent the better part of the rest of his life thinking up a plan to watch the world burn only to have his wife's son ruin the whole plan.

If that is an actual quote, which I don't remember, it may be the best way to describe his issues in one line.

MADAO sure look cleaned up

Please take a seat in the automated vehicle shenji

Yes, actually. Yui asks him if he was afraid of Shinji, he's essentially what a grown up pre EOE Shinji Ikari would look like. Cold, distant and self loathing.

his love interest died

I remember that back then during class i used to do the 'Gendo Pose' when listening to my teacher. I pretend like i am the one in charge and going to somehow manipulate the situation at the class to my advantage.

He's not a bad guy, memers just need a villain and can't understand nuance. I always liked the guy anyway, everything about him was pretty badass. If the show was told from his point of view, everyone would hate shinji and the other whining pilots for always pushing the limits of his scenario. Plus it was really cool when he sat down for like sixteen episodes and never seemed perturbed and turn he stood up in that one episode and I was like: oh shit, this is getting real

here's a screenshots.

and then the jock sitting behind you in your MC seat shot a spitwad at you, right?

Looks too much like my old man before he passed away. I hate to use to word, but it's triggering.

Hello, /r9k/. Please report to the counsellor's office upstairs after 16:55, where you will sit in the blue chair.

Literally me.

He was fucked up before he ever met Yui.

am i the only one who thinks he's kind of h-hot

no waifu, no laifu

he's user all grown up

You and at least 3 world class scientists.

He looks alpha as fuck

he's pretty alpha

He wants to be a God, without giving a single fuck about who he is going to betray/kill in the process.

The same problem everyone else in the damn show had.

He wasn't really fucked up though, more just quiet and a bit of a sperg. Then when he loses the person he cares about the most, he withdraws.

Unlike anons, he can do shit.

The beard.

He was on the Katsuragi research team the following year as Seele's trusted agent. There's pretty much no way he didn't know who Yui was and what was going on beforehand and he was into it.

Delet this, only man to ever pull that off well. Even managed to wear those stupid glasses in 3.33 and still be the coolest fucker in the room.

Only thing right with that movie anyway.

Haven't watched the rebuild movie aside from the first... but damn, they make Gendo's glass like THAT?

so he gives love to tight rei clones everyday instead of getting loved/?

Yeah there's a pretty long timeskip between 2 and 3 so I guess they felt the characters need to look all futuristic. in a series with giant mechas.

This

The little Shinji with the stretched collar crying at a train station is obviously older than the 3 year old that saw Yui get swallowed. Gendo also sent him away in the first place instead of retaining him for use as a pilot as with Rei, sending for him as a last resort just barely ahead of an Angel and making no effort to coerce him afterward.

Don't forget that Gendo tried. You really did see the best he knew how to do.

Almost 20 fucking years and you faggots are still talking about this show.

Ano a genius

>20 fucking years
>Is still the most talked anime aside from mainstream shits on Sup Forums and many other anime forum

I AM A FUCKING GENIUS!!! - Hideaki Anno

Still not convinced. For all i know,the guy might have planned to use his son all along, and basically all the shits he put on Shinji is to mold him to become the perfect pilot to awaken the full potential of EVA.

No, but he fucks Ritsuko

He loves his wife.

He was a genius.
Rebuilds show very clearly that he's lost any resemblance of vision.

>He was depressed

FTFY

>saying FTFY anywhere outside of reddit

He's definitely a well written character with understandable motivations, but that doesn't excuse his actions, and Gendo is most definitely not a good person. I'm having a hard time imagining how you could possibly spin the events of the series in a positive light, even from his perspective.

>posting pictures of anything rebuild related
off yourself

>knowing what reddit types like

He was an introvert with the same problems as Shinji. Yui broke him out of his shell and let him show his true self. The contact experiment was only supposed to absorb the subject temporarily so her loss left him devestated.

Rebuild is canon

No it's not

Yes it is

They even renamed characters to clearly distinguish it from the original series.
It's not canon.

They only renamed Asuka because she's not important. It's canon.

You're not even trying anymore

I can't wait to see Rei fuck up whoever is after her rape babies.

Look forward to 3.0+1.0!

kill yourself!

Ladies first!

Gendo a qt and did nothing wrong.

If you like the rebuilds, I don't discriminate.

That happened between 2.0 and 3.0, it's probably Rei Q and her (failed) sisters.

I don't like the Rebuilds, I just don't deny they are canon.

He has to deal with Jews all day.

It's simple. The world need more wine and salt.
He knew Shinji was hoarding it all so he found out a way to get it all back.