Is cursive writing being taught in American (and English) schools? Or are you just writing in print letters these days?

Is cursive writing being taught in American (and English) schools? Or are you just writing in print letters these days?

Who the hell doesn't learn cursive? It's basic shit.

Cursive writing is inefficient. I'm glad its being phased out.

Niggers can't read cursive for shit, and because both of your generations are having more and more of them in recent times it only makes sense to phase it out, sadly.

You fucking what mate? Cursive is more efficient to write by hand.

>inefficient
It is specifically more efficient in every way.

>writing by hand
>current century

cursive is ded

Used to write in the fugliest 140p unreadable cursive because that's all kindergarten and school taught me, then I started writing with print letters and I felt the power of readable essays that wasted the reader's time

Last year, in the 4th grade, a fried's kid just got to cursive. It's been reduced to a few handouts and about a week's lessons to learn to read it and get good enough to sign your own name. Which I suppose is better than nothing...

Public Edjewcation doesn't want the goyimlings to be able to read cursive because our Constitution is in cursive. If you can read the original text, you can't be so easily fooled by (((their))) translations.

I didn't even know the way I write was cursive, I've been writing like that for as long as I can remember.
I always assumed cursive was some advanced calligraphy type shit the way people always bitched about it

Its true. Which is probably why it gets phased out in some places.

>about a week's lessons to learn to read it and get good enough to sign your own name.
I should mention that in place of cursive they now start teaching keyboarding/typing at that age.

>in place of
Why couldn't they just do both?

Wow, you must be retarded.

kek

> i see the names
OH FUCK YES!!!!!!!

Dude, very few British person these days know how to write proper cursive. None of the young generation do.

The French have awesome cursive handwriting. Always amazed by it whenever I visit there.

It's taught in early education. It's generally taught for longer, if not required all throughout, in private school as opposed to public school.

I type.

Maybe
I've worked in schools with young people and most write cursive, however the ability to write in a consistant, coherent way is very much on the fall. Kids these days spend much more time typing than writing, so don't have the practice required to refine and improve their writing ability.

If you don't write like this it's not cursive.

Only so many hours in a day to indoctrinate little goyimlings.

The only reason cursive still exists at all is because white people have parents. If there is anything important in life you need to teach it to your children yourself, not reply on the state.

If I don't write in French? And why are the "e"s free floating? I've always connected them to the previous letter. Which way is correct?

>Only so many hours in a day to indoctrinate little goyimlings.
That's the weirdest things. Ya'll have longer school hours than we do, but get taught so much less. My wife is American, and we still discover staggering gaps in her schooling, or flat out wrong info.
> If there is anything important in life you need to teach it to your children yourself, not reply on the state.
True. But it sucks that you're paying for that service and getting shafted.

Average chavvy French writing vs chavvy Anglo writing. No comparison, the French cursive style is so attractive and stylish.

We learn cursive at around 8. After the age of 10 its up to choice if you use cursive or standard print

You most likely have shit penmanship. Cursive should be mandatory.

connected is correct

>Cursive writing is inefficient.
>What is motor memory

Printing. I practiced cursive a little bit in like 3rd or 4th grade, but it never came up after that. I don't know how letters change when in cursive, but I kinda write in my own sort of proto-cursive where I connect the letters. Despite how it sounds it looks pretty nice and is not illegible.

Its not. This is so eventually no one will be able to read the founding documents and they will tell you what they said.

American schools railroad you into a certain path by at the latest highschool. I got a really good education because my school offered IB (globalist trash desu), AP, and Dual Enrollment into college. I dual enrolled and took AP courses. The few normalfag classes I had felt really weird. Like a low education babysitting class. Most people didn't give a fuck and would sleep, text, occasionally act out (not many niggers at my school).

it is taught in elementary schools, but by adulthood American adults just scribble and call it cursive, they don't even form the letters. Sad, isn't it?

Everyone writes in print here because immigrants can't read cursive kek

The problem with cursive is everyone has their own style and they write like shit so even if it is a faster way of writing it slows down reading.

It's making a comeback cuz pen tablets, etc.

Which isn't really a problem when you learn how to read it. There are only a handful of actual styles, so you just learn them and can work out whatever is being written, provided it isn't too sloppy. Which is true of all written language.

Who can't write cursive? It's extremely easy, my handwriting's shit so I just write each letter as it is

I learned it only for two or so years in school before they dropped it.
Stylistically, it's nice, but sometimes people just get lazy and it ceases to be legible (as is the trope with doctors).
On the whole, print is best because of the decline in penmanship as it is (and text on computers is primarily print); you can still have some style if you hybridize it.
Back in high school, I started doing all-caps for convenience because my penmanship otherwise was terrible, my English teacher brought it up once (because of the silent rule about it being improper, I suppose), but since I just make the true capital letter bigger than the rest and it was that or a mess, it was fine.
Wish other people would get into it, I weep when I read my little (18) cousin's essays.

You're a god damn retard. Name one good reason why cursive should be mandatory you retarded fuck. I hate people like you that are so gay that they care about trivial shit like cursive. Neck yourself

>Name one good reason why cursive should be mandatory you retarded fuck.
Because it's multiple times faster than the chicken-scratch block letters?

Probably not

>trivial shit
Nigger confirmed. Why learn communication at all, right?

My 3rd grader is being taught cursive.

I learned it in 2nd grade, but a lot of people my age don't use it or didn't learn it. I'm 20.
Most people age 35-50 use some combination of cursive and print, but many use cursive since they all learned it. Basically everyone over 50 uses cursive.

what a pro

People still write? Like with pens?
>THIS IS NOT THE 1800s!

More efficient, more importantly how are you suppose to read and discern for yourself what documents actually say if you cannot write cursive. Most likely you would not be able to read cursive if that is the case. Sounds like you would rather have people dictate to you want a document or book says instead of educating yourself. The retard is you.

The whole point of kids being taught how to write cursive isn't so that they can write in cursive, but rather to gauge the children's fine motor skills. There's no practical reason to write in cursive nowadays, but there is a reason to teach it to young kids.

Cursive is an outdated and self-defeating style of writing and while it should be taught how to be read, teaching how to write it should be dropped.

I'm 29, was taught cursive in grade 3, and have never, EVER used it since.

Met some fucking Chinese people who write beautiful print AND cursive. What is our excuse again?

I think it’s rather sad that they don’t teach it anymore. In Finland they stopped teaching cursive in 2016. I think I wrote some of my essays in matriculation examination in cursive.

>cursive writing
It's just called writing.

>writing in print
That's called printing.

American history is literally written in cursive.

The indian removal act is an especially beautiful piece of cursive/joined up handwriting.

Back when I was a kid in the eighties, yeah. now days? Nope. They don't even teach it anymore.
All the little shits I run into don't have a clue what cursive even is, hell most ask "Why make stuff harder to read?" Ask em what color Hitler's eyes and hair were...."Brown!" they state from inside a size too small Che Guevara shirt.... Commifornia educations for you.

Spaniard here, i don't get any of this, here you write everything in cursive, all kids are taught cursive. Have americans really reached this point?