How come this anime is a huge success?

Characters are boring.
Story is boring.
Fights are boring.

I don't see any waifu material.

No idols, no cute dance, no cute song.

Is the sole reason the vampire girl without panties?

Really?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UGGqWJ3a4Tw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's pretentious as fuck is what it is.

>vampire girl without panties

>select all images with pizza

It's not even that, because there's definitely no deep meaning to monogatari.

It lets people believe they are deep and smart while wacthing a harem fantasy.

>Characters are boring.
opinions
>Story is boring.
opinions
>Fights are boring.
this anime is not about fights, also, opinions

>I don't see any waifu material.
opinions

>No idols, no cute dance, no cute song.
not this genre

>Is the sole reason the vampire girl without panties?
now you're trolling

This is one of the few animes I've rewatched a second time, and I enjoyed it a lot both times.
Maybe it's just a genre that doesn't appeal to you?

For me, almost all characters are interesting and likeable, there are some highs and lows in the story arcs, not all are great, but it's overall enjoyable.

Also, while I hate the concept of waifu, if I had to pick one female character to love in all anime, that would be Hachikuji.

Read the novel fagget

this.

Is not for everyone and it is only a matter of taste.

Also, snail a best.

>No cute dance

>EOPs can't understand masterpiece: the thread

How about you learn to spell properly first you dumb fuck?

It has the best girls in anime.
It has the best MC in anime.
It has the best romantic scene in anime.

Honest question for an user that seems to give intelligent replies.
I read (I think) two volumes of monogatari, but when I tried to watch the anime I couldn't. I found it pretentious as fuck with scenes that seem to be put there only to give it some deep meaning.
If you could give your opinion on this I'll be thankful, maybe I'm not understanding something.

Sometimes it rubs people the wrong way at first, then something fall into place later. Take a break for a month or two and try again maybe.

>bipolar crab cunt and ararararagi
>"best romantic"

the only complaint i have with the series is their forced relationshit

Thanks user, I'll do that. I want to watch it because I liked the LN, so I'll give it another try.

Best romance development in anime.

>>I don't see any waifu material.
You got me op

I haven't read the novels, so I can't say anything about differences in style.

While I agree that some things are there to be purely fanservice (for either your dick or your brain), I think in general this anime is to be taken more lightly than people who dislike it do.

In my opinion, this is not about deep existential meaning, it is about the relationships between characters, developed with sometimes long and futile conversations.

Sadly, part of the fun and wittiness of the show is lost in translation, they play a lot on words and Japanese culture, and most things don't translate well in English.

Some small parts of it are actually pretty deep, but in general, in my opinion, this anime doesn't even try to be deep.

I totally agree with this.
It does really feel forced, but I think their relationship serves as a deterrent for your hope for Araragi to get any other girl.

While usually anime has your male MC, and you want him to get your favorite girl (and he usually doesn't get shit till the end), here you simply KNOW he won't get any other girl. But at the same time he's sometimes lewd, giving that perfect amount of fan service.

And while it makes the anime work well, it pains me because there are so many nice girls in this anime, and he had to be with the worst one.

I agree with the meaning, it's clearly about relationships. Also, loved the brain fanservice part.
Again, I'll try to watch it again.

Apart from the interesting characters and their relatinships, who wouldn't want to watch an anime, with the best girl ever

Bake was good enough to watch but I can't imagine how they have dragged it out for this much content. 70% of Bake was powerpoint anyway.

>they
secondary detected

Honestly anyone who shrugs off a show as "pretentious" is likely just an idiot.

It's a made up word and a made up concept for people too dull to specify exactly what they don't like about a show. I'm not even using it in the context of Monogatari.

Hanekawa is perfection, if you don't get it, that's your own retardness

wtf how do people have different opinions than me

You probably marvel at the beauty of your shit.

>I don't see any waifu material.

You're either gay or blind, and considering you are OP, it's probably both.

>It's a made up word

As opposed to all those real words you see in real life.

Pretentious would imply that it presents itself as having deeper meaning while failing to deliver that meaning. Shinbo's direction might make it seem pretentious because it's hyper-arthouse, but the narrative delivers on it multiple times over.

Because Monogatari DOES have meaning. It fucks with the harem genre and both overplays and disregards tropes. It's a layered story about highschoolers battling abstract representations of their psychological problems. The characters are nuanced people with depth that could very well exist in real life. And it's also social commentary through the characters' parents or guardians completely disregarding the problems that are destroying their children's lives based on them "just being kids".

Calling Monogatari pretentious or saying it has no deeper meaning are both equally retarded statements which indicate that you either haven't watched/read it or didn't pay attention.

>
light novel*

It's "experimental" to people who don't actually watch experimental films or really understand anything about cinematography. It's also "pretty" and has gratuitous fanservice, so it hits all the points that makes pretentious otakus drool.

>It's a made up word
All words are made up, you neanderthal.

True beauty. Like Araragi described it in the novel.

Nisio created a girl so best, it's not even arguable.

True, but a bat is fine too.

She's literally so perfect that anyone who saw her would kill themselves because they knew she was unattainable.

>because they knew she was unattainable.
Nah. Because they knew that they were so insignificant in comparison that dying for her sake is the greatest purpose they could have.

>tfw watch this show but can barely tolerate most of the girls
What am I even doing?

All the characters are interesting and all the music is A+ tier and it doesn't help I do like animus with a lot of talking in it.

Monogatari does a great job mixing realism with animeism when it comes to the girls. How can you barely tolerate them? They're all so wonderful.

Some more wonderful than others

>Fights are boring.
both of your previous assertions are wrong, but this one is just trash. The fights scenes in Kizu II were great. They felt dynamic and inventive, and more importantly they showed us more about each of the character in the battles.

She's not perfect, just like Araragi and most of the cast she too has faults. But that doesn't change the fact that out of all of them, she and Araragi share a bond so special that not even they can describe it. And just like everyone, those faults help develop the relationships even more. They cannot do without the other and nor do they want to. You can not sepearte these two and not even death can do them apart (yeah, I know cringy), they are both going to hell.

If you don't like Monogatari for even just the girls alone, you're a certified faggot. Yuri on Ice or Free! might be more your speed kiddo

i watched the movies recently and enjoyed them. but i could never stand to watch any series other than the original one with the crab/snail/snake storylines. it's just not for me, i don't like episodes with nothing but talking.

and holy shit, did Bakemonagatari really come out close to 8 years ago? where the fuck does all the time go?

They just need to get exorcised. When they do that their souls will be saved and they'll go to heaven.

They both refuse to be away from each other even when given the chance, they are both fucked.

Araragi:
>"You were playing with my ribs like a güiro and going «Hanekawa―, Hanekawa―, loli Hanekawa―» while being perturbed."

>"That's a lie―!"

>A güiro she says!

>"Well, you were probably feeling a little disheartened after coming to a past like this, so I thought that it could not be helped, and allowed you to be spoiled."

?If that was true, it's like, I'd feel way too sorry for you, Hanekawa, and Senjougahara!

Shinobu:
>Starting from spring break, when I exchanged fatal blows with the bewitching beauty by the name of Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade, currently holding me in her arms with her fingers now creeping across my ribs,

>I'm the worst character, I should die tomorrow!
These two

A lot of them simply don't interest me, and their interactions with Araragi felt like they grew stale over time. I think this was especially the case with Snail, Monkey and Bat.
Cat is my utter least favorite. I just don't like her attitude or pretty much anything about her and I feel it's hard to explain.
The only character that I really like is Ougi, and she is definitely the main reason why I watched Owari and why I will watch the next season too.

It has plenty of waifu material, and it has cute dances and cute songs too.

I think this is just a shitpost.

So they get Gaen's descendant to contact someone when they've had a good, long life together. They don't have to separate.

Araragi:
>"You were playing with my ribs like a güiro and going «Hanekawa―, Hanekawa―, loli Hanekawa―» while being perturbed."
>"That's a lie―!"
>A güiro she says!
>"Well, you were probably feeling a little disheartened after coming to a past like this, so I thought that it could not be helped, and allowed you to be spoiled."
>"That's definitely a lie―!"
>If that was true, it's like, I'd feel way too sorry for you, Hanekawa, and Senjougahara!
>Shinobu:
>Starting from spring break, when I exchanged fatal blows with the bewitching beauty by the name of Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade, currently holding me in her arms with her fingers now creeping across my ribs

Fixed it

Great taste but I think Snail continued to be fine the entire series.

>mfw this whole series is NTR

Nisio, you fucking bastard, she be happy in the end

under rated post

I only wish it still had lolicon moments so that even more normalfags would stay away, but I guess it's impossible once a title gets as popular.

Rip fetish

I would think the brushing episode would have scared everyone away.

>"Do not try to pass this off as a gag by saying something seemingly cool. Get serious, the shapes of your hands are still clearly imprinted on my rib cage. Here, take a look."

>"What a shame, I can't confirm it because it's a novel!"

>"We can just insert an illustration."

>"What? An illustration where a little girl is emphatically flipping her dress up and showing what's under?"

>"With a drawing style like the iPad version of Alice in Wonderland."

>"You mean an image that moves and that you can touch?"

>"My dress would get flipped by the motion of a finger."
Kabuki was so amazing and sad

Not really.
There's still more people against "pedo" catering than any other kind of fetish combined.

she should hook up with kaiki, they're both bitter and alone

>ITT weebs trying to defend this cinematic abortion

>Shinbo's direction
stopped reading there

>weebs

WhereDoYouThinkYouAre.jpg

as much as i abhor the idea of that pairing, you're kind of right. he seemed to take notice of her when they met briefly in the second season; he at least realized how smart she was. i bet you he reminds him of a younger gaen or kanbaru's mom that he was in love with

see that ? pretentious as fuck

yea but that happened years ago. normies probably wouldn't even see that scene.

When they met pretty much everything Kaiki did was for Senjougaharas benefit even though she blames him for the bad shit that happened.

It's probably one of the most realistic relationships I've seen in anime. They aren't really in love with each other until much later and there is potential for them to not be right for each other and at the same time. They're just teenagers in a romantic relationship. I don't feel like it was ever meant to be a fantastic love story.

On that note, Araragi is also completely right about Cat: there's no way he can be in love with a girl he puts so high on a pedastal. This series has some of the most realistic advice on rabu.

agreed

plus it'd be kind of c-cute

It also doesn't help that Senjougahara is completely honest about her loving anyone who would have helped her.

>Cat least favorite
>Ougi first

neck yourself senpai

hey now anonononon-kun, i stuttered!

>no
250 pages novel, 180 or less light novel
kizu 265, nice try

check out this weeaboo faggot unironically calling out fellow weeaboos for acting like weeaboo faggots in a thread for weeeaboos

Getting rejected isn't NTR

>I indicate Shinobu, in her full form—a monster.

>While I’ve been calling her Shinobu Oshino, as things stand, she is in fact the iron-blooded, hot-blooded, and cold-blooded vampire, Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade herself.

>Which means, in other words… she no longer meets the criteria for the certification of nonmalignancy she currently holds, meaning she will once again walk a blood-stained path, staving off all the vampire hunters who stand in her way.

>And that—as someone who grew sick of that life to the point of wanting to die, she couldn’t possibly want that… or so I arbitrarily assume, at least.

>I don’t know what Shinobu’s opinion regarding that actually is.

>Maybe she would prefer that sort of life to being trapped in my shadow as a little girl—in fact, that’s what one would normally expect.

>She seems pretty happy to be in her full form, too.

I don't get why it's hard for Araragi to accept that she is happy woth him.

subs fucking when?

already out

but user, they were self-aware about their forced relationship and their development into a more genuine couple was one of the major (pretentious) themes across many arcs
>real deal vs indistinguishable fakes

he could've been with anyone else and it would've been fine, the problem here is that redditgahara is a shit character

She's only shit in comparison to other Monogatari characters.

Thanks, i;m retarded and needed to unrefine my search.

Having active Monogatari threads again is nice.

>redditgahara
Don't get mad just because you have no taste.

>implying crabfags have taste

No, there are a few actually pretentious works, like Evangelion.

youtube.com/watch?v=UGGqWJ3a4Tw

how can one simian be so LEWD?

Yeah most tend to die out pretty fast. Hopefully with the novels getting better english translations we'll get more threads. Especially if they keep on pumping them out at the rate they say they will. We're good up till nise part 2.

because monkie a best! a best!

I wanna see birb in Kizu art style.

>add more blush
>more highlights
>slap a brown filter over

done

there is nothing wrong with liking crab my monkeyfriend

how is the other subs are they anygood?