Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2017 TOP 10

This is the top 10 ranking of works debuted from October 18, 2015 to October 18, 2016. It consists of both movies and TV anime. The criteria for selection was based on works people chose as their favorite, works that people thought were good, and works they would like to recommend to others. A total of 480,004 people voted.

Top 10:

1. Yuri on ICE!!! - 64,774
2. Joker Game - 50,610
3. Detective Conan: The Darkest Nightmare - 41,601
4. Cute High Earth Defense Club Love - 24,711
5. MOB PSYCHO 100 - 19,088
6. Free - Starting Days - 18,056
7. Gundam IBO - 17,238
8. Dream Festival - 15,931
9. Gintama - 15,648
10. Yu-Gi-Oh! THE DARK SIDE OF DIMENSIONS - 14,210

From these best 100 anime they will select the "Fan Favorite Anime" voting on Jan 16, 2017.

Full list of best 100: animefestival.jp/ja/post/4695/

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
angryanimebitches.com/2016/11/thoughts-on-kimi-no-na-wa/
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
nymag.com/selectall/2015/11/how-to-fake-a-screenshot.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>all gay

Did realize Joker Game was that big.

Fujo Stronk

Even with 2ch spamming the vote they couldn't make Joker Game win kek

Popular vote awards will always be shit.

Gundam isn't gay. Neither is Detective Conan.

At this point it would not surprise me if YOI even won the media arts awards.

Is Joker Game even remotely good?
Or is it 91 Days type of ''''good'''''?

All fujoshi stuff, all day. Thanks for playing male viewers but this isn't your scene anymore

Geez. Besides from Mob that list is complete shit. Would be interesting to see how many males and how many females voted on this.

There's a couple of good episodes but the majority is serviceable but boring. Not worth checking out.

>Gundam isn't gay
ha

>both movies and TV anime
>Keit-ai is nowhere to be found

>480,004 people
480,004 votes =/= 480,004 people

Most of the ones in Japan especially for anime are really just advertisements for the big production committees all but effectively shutting out anything that doesn't have the Aniplex and Kadokawa labels since they spend by far the most on marketing compared to the other ones.

>Gundam isn't gay

>Gundam isn't gay
You clearly haven't watched IBO.

Joker Game was 2ch spamming in hopes of knocking Yuri on Ice from first place. It was futile though.

Really? I'd be seriously surprised to see it over shit like Katabuchi's new film or Parade de Satie.

>No Garupan

Yeah it's a little niche but it still sold like hotcakes. It only JUST made more money than the 3rd Madoka movie.

Only Gintama is good, the rest are garbage.

Japan has shit taste, who knew?

Honestly this must be just rigged. There is no way that Free starting days is on there while Your Name isn't. The media blitz surrounding YN in Japan is bigger than anything Aniplex, Sony, KR, Avex or Kodakawa have ever done. Toho was srs bsns about it.

>Gintama is good

I haven't watched the anime. I've only read the manga.

>YOI - kinda expected after how quickly it took off.

>joker game - It was ok, a very misleading show to be honest. It had some good parts but it could've been much better.

>Conan - Well conan has always been good and it's super mainstream so I guess that's cool

>Cute High Earth - I don't know what the fuck this is but it's probably fujoshit

>Mob - This was pretty good

>Free - more fujoshit

>Gundam IBO - this is pretty decent but I don't know if it should be ranked that high

>Dream Festival - what the fuck is this? more fujoshit it sounds like

>Gintama - good but overrated as fuck

>YGO - Wait this shit is still popular? And it's the most kiddy anime on the list

Do we have the percentage of male/female voters?

No way in hell Joker Game (which was shit) or Mob (which flew under the radar) would be this high in any top if it weren'rg for fujos.

I was just speculating. The only nomination that was confirmed is Koe no Katachi via the KyoAni blog. Everything else is speculation.

I think it will be Katabuchi's movie becaus of how much Japs love their bombing movies, but it should be Yamamura's

>. Yu-Gi-Oh! THE DARK SIDE OF DIMENSIONS
This already came out?

I'm surprised Yu Gi Oh is still continuing despite it having only one element to work on.
>children's card game

I hear it's good and with talks of "normalizing" Japan's military it's very relevant. I think it has the best shot. Yamamura's probably gonna get another excellence award, well-deserved, as usual.

Joker Game is only that high because of 2ch, user.

It premiered April 23, 2016 so it qualifies for the list. The BD doesn't come out until March 8, 2017 though.

From what I heard this movie only dedicated 15-20 min to card games out of the 130 min runtime. So I guess they prioritized telling a story rather than make it a kid's toyetic commercial.

>Gundam isn't gay

Y-san strikes again?

Gintama is now shounenshit garbage with penis jokes shoehorned inbetween

If they let normies vote instead of fujo and otaku, it would've made it.

What's wrong with MP100?

Even mob is shit man.

Well now gays are ruling the world..

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

>Conan
>Gintama
I just can't talk shit about this poll, seems legit.

Keit-ai is already a movie. Your post has been DMCA'd by Makoto Shinkai, Toho, and Funimation.

youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
angryanimebitches.com/2016/11/thoughts-on-kimi-no-na-wa/

2ch spammed votes to prevent yoi from winning, kek.
Fucking losers, eternally btfo

Nothing worthy of being called garbage, at least. That user is either tripping or didn't watch it.

Media Arts is movies+TV and no way YoI wins over Your Name or deaf girl.

Fujoshitting at maximum I see. What about the actually good anime that aired this year?

>2. Joker Game - 50,610
I'm glad this was recognized.

Even this is movies + TV. Free SD is there.

Conan's popularity is skyrocketed recently because of Fujo.

>8. Dream Festival - 15,931
But why?
I don't really have a problem with most of this list, but even if you're into male idol anime Dream festival is honestly the cheapest and most generic one I could think of. Even B-project had non-CG dance sequences at the very least and Tsukiuta had better looking CG.

How? I don't remember any gay character in DC.

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

Are you all prepared to bow down and offer your ass to your new fujo overlords Sup Forums?

As a fagfag I can assume that this must be another push from some kind of circle to get votes. Not fucking way Dream Festival is riding off it's own back, it's garbage, even in the fujo genre.

Implying fujo hasn't voted 1000 times to rig it.

The box office gross speaks more volumes than some dumb anime award show.

>Joker Game was 2ch spamming in hopes of knocking Yuri on Ice from first place
Story behind this? Why are they hate YoI so much? And why they pick Joker Game instead of popular series like Re:Zero?

>7k sales with its mediocre story
I think Joker Game is popular in Nip. Also, some random Nip guy from Sup Forums told me thet Joker Game was indeed popular in Nipland when it was aired..

Learn how to use meme arrow, newfriend.

>It consists of both movies and TV anime
>movie
Eh??? something is missing.

YoI got a lot of hate and confusion from 2ch, its why people were digging up dirt on Kubo from 6 years ago on her twitter. It's obviously not representative of everyone, but you can find it on the archive if you want proof.

>1. Yuri on ICE!!! - 64,774
>6. Free - Starting Days - 18,056
Moeshit BTFO

>Yuri on Ice on top
I don't think it deserves to be that high but for what it is it's pretty good so it's an acceptable result.

>AoKana nowhere on the list
What?

Probably because Joker Game was actually good.

Oh please, I liked AoKana too but it not is good enough to be in that list.

It's not like that tripfaggot having shit taste is anything new.

world trigger is there. LOL JUST LOL! Why? Can someone tell me why tell me why tell mhe what you say? I dont know why?

>YoI got a lot of hate and confusion from 2ch, its why people were digging up dirt on Kubo from 6 years ago on her twitter.
Kek, so they are not that different than us.

No really surprised to see otaku triggered by gayz.

I can't find anything.

Already a thing.

webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

Kubo got hate because she shitted on real gay couple holding hands on public in twitter.

fuck off fujoshit

Woah. What did she say?
Then again, it was 6 years ago, people change.

>Joker Game was actually good.

Why is there no Kimi no na wa?

Why do fujos do stuff like this?

480,000 """"people"""", right. Everyone can see it's just a few thousand spamming with multiple twatter accounts.

Question is if these selections would affect the future production or quality of anime? Knowing them, they tend to cling to anything currently trending.

Honest question, what's wrong with Joker Game?

Yeah in 10 years there will be nothing but fujoshit.
Might as well stop watching anime and try to get a job now.

Haven't watched it but I've heard nothing but it being a laughably pretentious piece of shit.

Otaku hate normie memes (normemes).

>haven't watched it but still voice opinions
You're what's wrong with it.

What an hypocrite. Sasuga nip woman.

it was slow, the plot didn't translate well into 12 episodes and seemed disjointed, characters were bland. it wasn't bad, just a let down giving how interesting the premise and the setting were.

You do know that it's hilariously easy to fake tweets, right? What sort of retard would take that at face value?

>What an hypocrite. Sasuga nip woman.
>6 years ago

Six years is a long time user.

Time flows fast when you're in the basement.

>YoI got a lot of hate and confusion from 2ch, its why people were digging up dirt on Kubo from 6 years ago on her twitter.

They're acting like Gamergators.

It's really not.

Slow, meandering and completely up its own ass. The characters were incredibly bland and one-dimensional yet the show tried so hard to make you give a shit about them making the narrative feel so incredibly distant. The only thing it had going for it was its premise which is one of the main reason anyone gave it the time of time so of course it'll hit it off well with Fujoshits who don't give a shit about quality and just material for their degeneracy hence why YOI is 1# and that piece of shit K is still ranked even though it came out last year.

2ch should've voted for Kimi no na wa. At lest it would've won unironically.

>was out on 26 October, 10 days late

It was out since August

Oh shit. I'm blind.

>Aired: Aug 26, 2016
??

It was released on August and broke box office records domestically and abroad.

What actually happened was 2ch, like its progeny Futaba and Sup Forums, hate Kimi no na wa because it's popular and "riajuu" liked it.

nymag.com/selectall/2015/11/how-to-fake-a-screenshot.html

In fact, here you go. You don't even need photoshop.

I heard Kubo was an internalized sexist who would likely avoid making any anime that's not an all-male cast. Is that true?