Well?

Well?

>Plan to Watch
>TV: 212, OVA: 6, Movies: 10
2017 for sure.

Currently finishing up Total Eclipse, going to watch SM afterwards then marathon either Parasyte or Toradoa. Already seen Toradora so I'll probably watch Parasyte.

Might start Les Miserables anime WMT did sometime this weekend, looking forward since it'll be my first WMT.

Nothing for this week, waiting for 2017.
Akuma no Riddle will be my first backlog anime for 2017.

I fucking give up. It gets exponentially bigger as time goes on.

Dropped Ange Vierge two minutes in. Picked up Saiki Kusuo instead and I don't regret my decision.

I haven't watched anime in almost a year.

Finally got around to watching K-On! It was fun.

>Akuma no Riddle
Why that of all things? It was so shit.

Nanomachines Touka.

I haven't watched a single anime all years except JoJo.
Not a damn thing showing from nipland interests me anymore except for like 5 ongoing manga.
Fuck my backlog, I give up.

Saw a thread on Sup Forums, and liked the OP. So why not.

You can do it. I managed to get mine down to
>20 TV
>6 OVA
>6 Movies
>2 ONA

My PriPara catchup is suffering though. Haven't watched an episode since ep9 aired.

Did you manage to get it down in a year?
Maybe if I stop rewatching shit I can do it

>Have 17 shows in my backlog
And most of them are still from last winter or over summer. Realistically do you think I could finish them all before New Years?

A year and a bit. I'd just burn though 12 episodes after work every day, weekends for the longer seasons and use Fridays to catch up on my currently airing.

>12 episodes after work every day
I mean I understand plowing through the backlog, but finishing a show that fast kills the immersion and experience.

Didn't for me.

>tfw rewatching anime instead of finishing backlog

If each of them are 12 episodes and 24 minutes long it will take you almost 3 and a half solid days of watching. So nope.

I think I could try and finish it almost.

Since this is a backlog thread what is the longest you've stayed up without sleep or sleep deprived to finish a series?

Finished Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 in a day nonstop.

Got around to watching KonoSuba. Gold stuff.

Can't wait for Season 2.

I watched the first season of when they cry in a single day. Same thing the first time I saw Lain.

I got home on a Friday and decided to catch up on some stuff and instead of going to bed at at 1am like I normally did I decided to marathon all of Zero no Tsukaima.

Shimoneta now that the BDs are out.

I drop 9/10 anime I pick up nowadays.
I've barely seen any anime in 2003, so I manually looked up every anime from that year and found a few interesting anime to add. Maybe I'll do that for other years I haven't seen much in.
Scrapped Princess was so disappointing

>Scrapped Princess
That show was GOAT. Your loss. It actually ended decently unlike Chaika

I could have sworn the BDs for Shinmoneta have been out for a while now.

Went to complete shit when she lost her memories.

I was waiting for a decent release.

I admit that was a low point, but it gets better when she gets them back.

I really loved the first half, but once the amnesia arc started the show turned to shit. The arc wasn't bad itself (Furet was a pretty cool character, and contrast of seeing Pacifica in a stable environment was interesting in my opinion) but the entire thing was just filler and completely forgotten once Pacifica got her memories back.
Even then, Cin's character was built up but never paid off, Racquel never got ANY development whatsoever, and the Peacemakers ended up being really big jobbers.

Really?

Go Nagai reruns

The show had a GOAT concept and premise. As others said, it had the potential to be so good if it actually kept on building on the scifi revelations instead of the completely pointless amnesia.

Really.
>Cin's character was built up but never paid off
Now that was disappointing. Even then I thought it started getting intense when she got her memories back.

This I definitely have some Shimoneta BDs on my 2TB. No idea who subbed it but the versions I have are around 16GB or so.

So what are you best advice for lengthy marathons? I'm talking for something that could go on for at least two days.

Take breaks, even if its only for an hour or two. Makes the show feel less stale.

How many episodes should you watch before taking a break?

Depends on the show, probably.
Shows that tend to get repetitive fast such as Slice of Life shows should get breaks more often, like after around 3-5 episodes. Plot driven shows can go up to around 9 or 10 I'd say.

I usually watch six or seven episodes before feeling fatigued and needing take a break, I go and do something for an hour to recharge then I'm ready to come back.

You can normally tell the break point. My tell is when I check to see how long is left on the episode.

Depends on the shows. If it's divided into arcs, I take a break in between each arcs.
If it's episodic, either a break per episode, especially if it's a SoL show.
If there is a huge cliffhanger or reveal, I take a break to clear my mind.

Do you guys set yourself goals?

This year I told myself I'd finish 700 anime before the new year.

>This year i'll enjoy anime

>Setting goals for how many series you'll watch
Not how it is done, kohai. Something tells me you're just watching to fill out your MAL list or something but you probably won't enjoy any of the actual shows if you actually do that.

I don't have a MAL but I do keep an excel sheet.

>>tfw rewatching anime instead of finishing backlog
I keep rewatching K-on. How do I stop this?

omedetou

doing nonstop marathons are great