Steins;Gate

Loving all the S;G threads lately.

Discuss about the new game, the upcoming anime, or waifus.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s88RcKhPLo8
youtube.com/watch?v=tx0fKrf5Wr8
mesousa.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/steinsgate2.jpg
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=502040
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are we going to be shortchanged with a shitty adaptation forced to fit in 12 episodes?

I've already given up on chaos;child because of this. I don't want my Maho to suffer the same fate.

Doubt it, S;G is their money printer and they know it

Considering S;G's success, they will surely go for a 2cour.

All the latest VN adaptations have been 1cour but they weren't nearly as popular as this one.

Objectively the best soundtrack from both games:
youtube.com/watch?v=s88RcKhPLo8

>You will NEVER have a wife that will love you unconditionally in any worldline and give her life for your sake every single time

Give me Maho figures

Re-Awake is pretty good youtube.com/watch?v=tx0fKrf5Wr8

I like Maho's personality more. Not necessarily her body though, cause Kurisu is rocking the hell out of those hotpants.

Pretty much this for me. I liked Maho a lot and I am not even a fan of dwarves.

That part where he leapt 3000 fucking times should've been in the game - like with Mayuri, some dumb shit that would stop him should have happened along the way. Or we're shown how Kurisu's ghost guides him onward constantly. That actual journey would've made the game almost as good as the original. To be as good as the original, it needed to let me interact more with Amadeus, like near that X-mas party. Amadeus was underdeveloped and was a fucking plot device in most cases. Also fix Kagari, ffs. She was fucking trash in almost all routes except Goose, where she got at least SOME development.

Maho is flawed, but not in the waifubait way Kurisu is. Kurisu has daddy issues and falls for Okabe just because of Hoouin's antics. Maho fell for the weaker, broken Okabe. I'm sure she'd get along fine with Kyoma. Shame we didn't see most of that. Do you think they fucked in honor of Kurisu even one time during those 1x years?

Chuchuruu!

I pretty much agree with the weirdness of Kagari being radically different in both routes and Amadeus really being kind of meaningless other than just a download for memories.

Anyone know how well Maho was received by the Nips? Did they ever do one of those popularity polls that they usually do for SG0?

Just want to know if she's popular enough to warrant seeing more content of her in the future.

I will continue to hold a grudge for since Maho barely got any romantic development in her own route. The most we got was admitted she loved Okabe and that wasn't even in her own route for fuck's sake.

Twin Automata a shit. Fucking Mayuri and Kurisu had development on romance than Maho. Maybe if Kagari's nonsense didn't exist we'd have an extra route for Maho.

Maho is the third wheel and can't compete with the dedication Okabe had to Mayuri and Kurisu, she was fucked from the get-go.

As much I hate to admit, didn't help that even after she died her fucking shadow continued to haunt him with Amadeus.

I love the dwarf though, so I can only hope she gets route in a future fandisc. I'd it's possible given how much they're milking the series anyway.

WHERE ARE THE JAPANESE SHAMAN GIRLS?

It's sad how few images have been made for her, but at least she'll get her first wave of them once the anime airs.

we need more 0 Mayuri fanart

She has a good enough amount in-game that it makes me happy enough.

0 Mayuri best Mayuri

why was he suddenly wearing a black jacket here? assuming this was the worldline where he was still kyouma?

He probably stopped being Kyouma in the Alpha Worldline and took Mayuris death as hard as he did with Kurisus in the Beta Worldline. In a sense he would have been just as responsible for Mayuri dying as it was for Kurisu.

Some of them are OK but others look like ass and it seems like Huke just phoned it in this time.

Fucking hated how they used character sprites from the first game with 0 sprites. You can cleary see a style difference from a mile away and it looks jarring. Fuck them for being lazy

That's a reasonable interpretation. Kudos.

I just made it all up on the spot but it sounds good enough.

I used to think people who have waifus are retarded but after experiencing the perfection of Kurisu I changed my mind.

I wish Beta Suzuha was as good as Alpha.

Kurisu won a lot of hearts when the anime aired, still the most loved character. I remember when people gathered in the thread to make this mosaic.

mesousa.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/steinsgate2.jpg

That's so cute.

Alpacaman shows this. He was being Kyoma at the time, though. I mean, he dressed like him. But it all depends on whether you take that part of Phenogram as canon.

That looks like ass.

Maho is a miracle of universe.

Alpha Suzuha grew up in a world where emotions, individuality, and freedom were suppressed, leading to a desire to experience life and have the happy everyday that people experienced before SERN. She wants to be alive.
Beta Suzuha grew up in a world at war where death runs rampant and combat is around every corner. She wants to not die. It looks alike but it's a very different desire.

Any chance of an english pc release anytime soon?

Have a HQ rip from the game, look at your pic makes me angry.

It should get a 2 cour adaptation
So I can get my Phantasm ending theme. Fuck you MAGES

There's no unconditional love. The two of them could have easily never met. Kurisu would have continued studying in America and gotten together with whomever helped her get over her daddy issues first. Saying 'unconditionally' implies necessity, and necessity implies something of the world not something within it, so it's never about facts.

>no operation skuld remix

What are talking about? Are you new or just been living under a rock?

Steins;Gate 0 is already translated and you can read it on PC

It definitely feels as if the writers were scared to go in depth into details which is a shame since I was always curious about these kinds of things.

can someone fill me in? just finished watching Steins gate yesterday and had to say the series was very satisfying especially the end where the best girl won But what exactly is SG0? Is the original ending still canon (is that even the right word?) or SG0 is just another timeline?

>implying "could haves" in a world of convergent results

Dat smugness

You know the end where Okabe got a video D-mail from himself in the future to set him onto Operation Skuld? It's the story of that Okabe.
On the most part it supplements the end, and shows a few more possibilities (bad ends) that could have happened. It's more about expanding the setting.

The Alpha and Beta attractor fields are the main stage of Steins;Gate and 0, and in both fields and their respective worldlines they will always meet so take that with you champ.

Infinite worldlines dependent on divergence values but in both they still meet, through RTF meeting in the radio building. So yeah, tough shit for you.

The original end is very canon. Remember that one message where Future Okabe tells the current one what to do? This is a shitty rendition of how Future Okabe came to be.

i see so sg0 is a new timeline/setting where he does not get his future self's d-mail Which creates this new scenario where kurisu was not saved. So the original end is still a true ending (one on the best timeline) and was just not retconned then correct?

If anything, S;G Zero is the story that retcons itself out of existence at the end.

I see that makes perfect sense now. Just got worried they were going to pull a sort of E7 and ruin the ending just for the sake of a new series which in E7s case was very shitty one.

0 could've been such a better game if it did the shit it set out to do right. As I mentioned above, having more interactions with Amadeus, making Kagari not a waste of human flesh, and expanding upon those stupid 3000 leaps that Okabe did. Like that would've been the meat of the game, the part with the most suffering, had anything bad happened along the way, and he has to watch Maho or someone die over and over again in each leap or something. SG0 was supposed to be about the suffering, but it failed to dish out enough of it. I hope some of this gets fixed in the anime, but it probably won't.

You're right, I'm not arguing against that, they have to meet within those two worldlines, but they could have easily just not met outside of those. Notice how the guy I replied to said 'any worldline'. If they don't meet in at least one, it's not unconditional senpai.

I don't care as long as i see Maho's smug face animated.

Thanks

Kagari was at least less of a waste of space than Kaede was.

PEESEE VERSION WHEN REEEEE

You're right but it's the next best thing tho.

So what makes Maho so great? I see many anons saying she's best girl but I haven't played S;G 0 so I really don't know.

>older than her best friend
>less attractive
>less talented
>the guy she likes sacrificied everything to get with her best friend

Maho suffered

I want to say it's because of her personality and her flaws. She isn't perfect like Kurisu so most of her development is living in the shadow of a genius. She also has great chemistry with Okabe as she is the only other person who is suffering as much as Okabe.

This.

Kurisu likes Okabe because he is like her father. But Kyouma isn't Okabe.
Kyouma is what Okabr wishes he was; a confident and arrogant genius, who is also a good leader.
Okabe could be that, but he is in fact a shy and hid behind this persona.

And let's be honest, there is no way Kurisu and Okabe would be a functional relationship in the long run. You wouldn't expect that from 20 years old young adults but still.

>Kurisu likes Okabe because he is like her father.
Okabe and Kurisu's dad are not similar at all, and Kurisu only started falling for Okabe after she realized Kyouma was just a persona and he had more depth than that. Also Okabe is so hot even the guys want him.

>Maho suffered as much as Okabe
>Someone actually believes this

Nakabachi is a guy who fought for his ideas his whole life despite having everyone against him. In the end he became crazy but still.

Kyouma has this same resolve.

Kurisu definitely didn't fall for the "real" Okabe. If he completely dropped his fake persona, she would miss it.

She didn't suffer enough. Here's what her end should've been - insert the part where she falls in love with Okabe somewhere here, then Okabe does what he does and starts leaping back the 3 gorillion times. Now insert Maho starting to die(somehow) and its the Mayuri death comp all over again. Insert various Stratfor-Darpa related troubles during the leaps, and some choice where Okabe needs to bite the bullet and keep leaping and seeing Maho die, or he just pussies out like he did at the beginning with Kurisu, and findsa way to go into a worldline where he can't save Kurisu but Maho doesn't die. There, they're having a hollow relationship where Okabe doesn't see her as herself, but as Kurisu's replacement, someone to seek solace from. She finds this out and starts suffering, knowing that even when dead, Kurisu is better than her. But unlike Kurisu, she doesn't have the mental strength to make Okabe wake up at the cost of her life, so this painful relationship continues until they both eventually get captured by stratfor and are tortured until they die or become vegetables. Now that's suffering.

She'd miss Kyouma because it's a defining part of who Okabe.

How can you say she fell in love with an over-exaggerated mad scientist screaming random stuff? It just makes no sense. The first moments in which she is shown blushing and/or shy towards Okabe is always when he's being serious and leaving the Kyouma persona behind.

You notice the difference in attitudes when Kurisu talks to Kyoma and Maho? She's her real self only when talking and fighting around with Kyoma. She doesn't show her flaws and weaknesses in front of Maho, who's at the normie level Okabe is.

>She'd miss Kyouma because it's a defining part of who Okabe.

Not really. Kyouma is not something he will always have. nor something he always had.
It started as a way to help Mayuri cope, but it went for something else.
When you act as someone you're not, you don't become that person, you eventually lose yourself.

>The first moments in which she is shown blushing and/or shy towards Okabe is always when he's being serious and leaving the Kyouma persona behind.

Yeah because he shows a different aspect of himself, completing with Kyouma persona.
She basically sees a sensitive version of her father. She has daddy issues, and wants her father to love her so bad.

You act differently around some people, it doesn't mean you're not your true self. She doesn't act when she is with Maho.
Okabe just revealed a different side of herself.

>b-but muh waifu the best
Can you guys stop shitting up the thread seriously.

>She has daddy issues, and wants her father to love her so bad.
This is definitely true, but it doesn't necessarily mean she fell for Okabe because she reminded her of her father.

My personal opinion is simply that she met someone who got her into a world in which she could finally be herself, in which she was treated as a person and a precious friend.

She met someone who'd treat her in a different way from her father and her research colleagues. Okabe didn't want her because she was a genius girl. Okabe didn't hate her because she was smarter than him: he didn't give a shit, he teased her as if she were nothing but a random brat, she called her names, she dragged her along in crazy antics, she let her know friends she could actually appreciate.

Kaede also wasn't the main focus of half the game, so kindly fuck off. Kagari was literally unnecessary.

This fucker nearly ran over Kagari TWICE. Why does anyone even bother getting a time machine? Just use truck kun to destroy your enemies.

Another question that was never answered - why was this shit, that was in the movie, here? The song scene was literally that. The truck scene too.

I feel bad for this guy

Moeka a cute

Quite

Her Darling route was pretty good

What material do I need to consume to learn about Nakabachi's backstory?

I want to stuff her phone up her pussy and then keep sending mails to it while I fuck her in the ass!

Is there anything that covers Okabe's time in the committee of 300?

Some dumb drama CD called meme of the eternal babel or some dumb shit like that.

>A. FUCKING. CANON.
Whoever made that drawing should kill himself

How come Huke is so bad at drawing? He doesn't even draw that much anymore.

there is the manga who is incomplete and a drama cd. I thik the name is Babel of the Grieving Maze or something like that.

It explans that Kurisu and Faris have history, and that their fathers were friends. I think it ends with Kurisu running to Okabe before he uses the IBM5100

damn

A drama cd who was turned into video. Forgot the name. Okabe ends in a worldline where he is a rounder but he can't remebers why because he's not from this worldline.
However it makes no sense in continuity because Okabe ends in a peaceful worldine after sending a d-mail, so you don't really know the context on why and how he ended there.

They are not cosmic lovers. I can't even see their relationship working in the long run.

So Kagari and Yuki are supposed to be the same person in some worldlines Kagari where gets plastic surgery + voice manipulation to match Yuki? And in the wordlines where Kagari doesn't then Yuki is still in Europe?

I mean an OFFICIAL translation, not some fan patch. I've had way to much trouble with getting jap games to run properly on fan patches and such. I'd rather pay a little extra to get the game from steam and have it working immediately instead wasting time trying to make it work. Also I want to support the industry to make them bring over more of the good stuff.

>"real" Okabe.
You are retarded and you missed the point of the entire VN. Okabe IS HOUOUIN KYOUMA. Okabe isn't acting. He BELIEVES what he SPOUTS.

There is not a made up facade. HE WANTED TO BE STRONGER SO HE SUPPORTED MAYURI. He changed since that moment.

Now, 0kabe IS a facade. He hides his urges and reprimes himself. That's what made him suffer the most.

Kurisu likes the real Okabe. Maho got interested in him even though he tried to supress his true personality. Maho didn't get interested in his depressed side, but his determined and "considerate" traits.

R*(E)^100

kill yourselves are you seriously doing the 'whose waifu is better'

Gamma Drama CD, Hyde of the Dark Dimension. We only get a few lines from Suzuha about what Gamma Okabe does, and it's told from the perspective of mainline Okabe so he has no idea about his Gamma possibility at all.

drama CD Gamma
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=502040

>However it makes no sense in continuity because Okabe ends in a peaceful worldine after sending a d-mail, so you don't really know the context on why and how he ended there.
He sends a different D-Mail to Lukako's mom, and she ends up telling a SERN-related affiliate about it, and they essentially get a leg up resulting in a different kind of dystopia after the Y2K successfully results in many deaths.
Gamma diverges in the year 2000 from Alpha and Beta, in other words.

Fuck yourself.

What the fuck are you talking about? There's no waifu wars going on in the thread, you braindead fuck.