So, this is unarguably AOTY, right?

So, this is unarguably AOTY, right?

More like disappointment of the year.
Even Chuu2 S2 was better.

Yeah

>even chuu2 was better
please at least put on some effort

why are you using sage as downvote?

I'm not you idiot, I just always use sage.

No one cares, mongrel. Stop posting in my thread.

>Unarguably
>Asking if you're right

>Even Chuu2 S2 was better

I have to agree to a certain point. While S1 had a straight narrative, S2 was a bit of a mess with overly melodramatic sidestories and lacklustre attempts of romance that went nowhere.

Pretty much. The only people that hate it are assrekt yurifags.

You don't have to be a yurifag to hate the shitty drama and characters. S2 Reina was text book character assassination.

It wasn't bad at all but sadly YoI was also this year so better luck next time.

Didn't take long for the salty yuriniggers to arrive.

>lacklustre attempts of romance that went nowhere
maybe because the show isn't about romance and having romance that actually went somewhere would be detrimental

Then what was it about? Music? Because there sure wasn't any of that in this season.

Back to back AOTY

How do they do it??

>romance
Heh. People who think they didn't like S2 are looking for things that aren't there so no wonder.

No one was looking for romance. That user is simply pointing out that their attempt at romance was trash.

>it had shitty romance because it wasn't about romance
If you don't want to do it right than don't bother doing it in the first place.

AOTS Winter 2016: Phantom World
AOTS Summer 2016: Koe no Karachi
AOTS Fall 2016: Hibike Euphonium 2

AOTY 2016: Hibike Euphonium 2
MOTY 2016: Koe no Katachi

Winter 2017 AOTS: Maid Dragon
2017 AOTY: Violet Evergarden

KyoAni are fucking UNSTOPPABLE.

Because there wasn't any.

where's the attempt?
shuichi was shut down every single time

the only thing remotely romantic was hazuki in s1

What's the AOTS of Spring?

GODani magic

>yurifags in denial

Kabaneri

do you want to provide an argument or just call me buzzwords

Not with that awful ending.

>phantom world

Officially and objectively.

2/10 made me reply

The interactions between Kumiko and Shuuichi had tremendously romantic undertones, and they each play the role of next door neighbors who act tsundere toward each other.

If it isn't an attempt at romance then Kumiko and Shuuichi are just cunts and awful people. And if that's the case, then why should I care about these awful people?

>not posting the superior version

>where's the attempt?
>shuichi was shut down every single time
>Where was the attempt besides the attempt I'm mentioning right now?

They kept this shit in because it was in the novel too. But they downplayed it so much that it lost all meaning. So why not just skipping it altogether? Hell even the other characters had to remind the viewer that there was supposed to be something romantic going on by shipping those two for no apparent reason (that actually started in S1).

And there was also Reina's boring crush that was mentioned all the time but was equally pointless.

The reina romance is the most laughable and insulting romance I've ever seen in an anime

I don't know how I'm supposed to ever think that this retard can have a chance with Taki or how I'm supposed to have any sort of empathy for such a delusional idiot.

>Reina's boring crush that was mentioned all the time but was equally pointless.
did you really think a man in his thirties was going to fuck his 16 year old student and that it wasn't any more than a high school girl's silly crush?

No, it was a retarded plotline altogether.

No, that's because I said it was pointless. Jesus christ, try to read what you quote.

S2 was an emotional powerhouse. I don't know if Kyoani can ever top it to be honest.

so what do you want? all shuichi stuff removed, all reina stuff removed? you realize you're watching a melodramatic slice of life about concert band, right? not a documentary of jap club activities

>you realize you're watching a melodramatic slice of life about concert band, right?
But even the melodrama was crap.

then why did you waste your time watching 2 seasons when you could've stopped like 3 episodes in lmao

do you just complain for the sake of complaining? tell me a show you like and what you like about it

>people aren't allowed to criticize my show!!!

Hibike Euphonium! is Kyoani's Magnum Opus.

>greentext implications!!
what show do you like my man

>all shuichi stuff removed, all reina stuff removed?
I don't see why not. It's like asking if removing your appendix would be a loss because it's technically part of your body even if it doesn't fullfill any purpose.

the fuck is this shit and where is my realistic drama setting???

is this the next kyoani? looks bad

And now you're just shitposting. People like you have no arguments.

what's with the need of posting this everywhere?

I think it's anime of the year, but I didn't watch everything either.

Definitely my favorite drama of the year. Favorite comedy of the year is probably Sakamoto. Both shows had their own appeal but I prefer Hibike due to the superior art and sound design.

What's with KyoAni's habit of making underwhelming second seasons to their shows?

K-ON seems to be the sole exception.

>implying Clannad After Story is worse than S1

Clannad S1 is better than After Story

They always blow their load in the first season, while second seasons tend to be cash-ins since they already went through all the interesting material.
K-On was the opposite. The first season was testing grounds for Yamada's debut. It became wildly successful so they went all in for the second season.

It is, though.

People only prefer After Story because of the ending, but S1 is better at everything else.

Yuri on Ice is the undeniable AOTY.

Season 1 didn't really go anywhere.

Tomoya's relationship with Ushio is easily the most compelling element of the Clannad story.

After Story is ruined by the dragon balls desu
Did the sequences in the dream world appear in the first season as well? I thought those were annoying as hell.

I also like keyshit's humor way more than its tearjerking.

Yurifags eternally BTFO

Thank you ;_;

This.

What romance? There was no romance.

That's not Mob Psycho 100

100 KEY ANIMATORS

No

You need to be 18 to post here

At least it's a different artstyle for once.

Is he giving her a button or an engagement ring?

Good one

Why?

Middle of the road romcom with a few tearjerkers > a show that presents themes very well and then manages to somehow completely shit on them by the end
Although that's not KyoAni's fault, it's Maeda's fault for being a terrible writer.

Yeah, you definitely knows better