Are you for or against gentrification?

Are you for or against gentrification?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Plan_(Washington,_D.C.)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Haha. This is in Denver. Ink is definitely /ourcoffee/. Libcucks have been outraged and protesting fro weeks since the sign appeared. I would go buy a cup in support of them except the shop is in nigger central. Not worth getting mugged over.

According to Merriam-Webster, search interest on "gentrification" increased 2500% because of this picture

gentrification is a bullshit mad-up post-modern platitude that means absolutely nothing. So, your question is essentially: "Are you for or against (((nothing)))?"

You know the answer already, I'm assuming. You just want to make a retarded thread on Sup Forums for (You)'s...

>gentrification is a bullshit mad-up post-modern platitude that means absolutely nothing. So, your question is essentially: "Are you for or against (((nothing)))?"
gentrification seems more like the opposite of white flight

idiot
This is correct. There is literally nothing wrong with gentrification. Its basically people with money moving to run down shitty neighborhoods, fixing things up and running out the riff raff out. Only scum forced to clean up their act or GTFO don't like gentrification.

Great, you cracked to code. In modern parlance, I'm sure that's the meaning. What's the point of this thread/your question?

You know Sup Forums well enough, I assume, to know the typical answer is, of course, "Gentrification is a good thing because it increases the amount of taxable transactions/property/etc that the city can collect from. Although this causes an increase in cost of living (thus displacing negroes), the net gain is well worth this."

I lived in Detroit for 8 years. I moved there in 2008 (inb4 hipster) when this whole "gentrification" bullshit was gaining traction. I watched the part of the city I lived in turn from a ghetto "no-go zone" into a haven for white suburbanites. I don't understand the point of your question. Surely you know all of this.

Will respond to questions regarding my own personal experience. This is my thread now. Fuck you, OP.

How am I an idiot, you pleb?

OP comes here using some made-up buzzword asking for an opinion... if anything, he's the fuckwit. You are as well.

>joke's on you, I was only pretending to be retarded

Because it isn't a made up buzzword you fucking retard. This is a good conversation. You are the one in the wrong here.

Against. Keep the minorities in the inner city slums not in the outskirts and suburbs.

That meme has literally nothing to do with what I said. Although, you're likely too fucking retarded to understand that.

It's also not an argument. You also didn't answer my question.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF ASKING YOUR QUESTION? What is the point of this thread? Surely you know what the answer would be, and you likely share the same opinion as most of us on this board. Are you creating a slide thread on purpose? Are you just bored and want (you)'s? Are you just "hurr durr I'm gonna go troll Sup Forums because I'm such a useless fuckwit I have nothing better to do with my time?"

White Flight
>racist
Gentrification
>racist

>WHAT IS THE POINT OF ASKING YOUR QUESTION? What is the point of this thread? Surely you know what the answer would be, and you likely share the same opinion as most of us on this board. Are you creating a slide thread on purpose? Are you just bored and want (you)'s? Are you just "hurr durr I'm gonna go troll Sup Forums because I'm such a useless fuckwit I have nothing better to do with my time?"
why do you keep responding and let this slide?
also
>It's also not an argument
Looks like i'm not the only one memeing here

Great! A definition! That doesn't make it any less platitudinous, nor does that save the term from being labeled a buzzword... Many of the buzzwords thrown around today have definitions you can readily find on the internet as well. Take cisshet as an example. Or any of the other moronic terms the SJW's of the internet create and throw around at every opportunity. You're a fuckwit unless you can somehow argue how this is a valuable thread. Or how merely talking about a facet of everyday life that would be happening regardless of your ability to articulate an opinion on the matter.

Fuck the poor

Gentrification means getting rid of niggers and spics.

>URHRHR I DON'T LIKE DAT WORD OR THIS CONVERSATION
shoo

>oh no my neighborhood is getting better how dare you

If you're against scum being pushed out, you might be scum

As much as I hate hipster coffee spots I'd immediately patronize this place after seeing that sign

>muh rent went up
>muh neighborhood is different
>muh i just want to live in the same place forever

poorfags just need to stop being poor

>As much as I hate hipster coffee spots I'd immediately patronize this place after seeing that sign
It would be the only place I'd buy coffee.

why dont they try to get a job at one of the new businesses?

GB2 Reddit, faggot.

You've contributed NOTHING to this "conversation". If this was at all important, you'd respond with something insightful, or at least intelligent. The irony of this thread is I am the only one effortposting.

Contribute something, then. You won't though because you know I am right. I can guess you agree with my stance, and the rest of the posts made by other anons echo my position. So what the fuck was the point in asking the question if not for (you)s?

niggers run down the property value by letting buildings become shit holes, and robbing/murdering people until all business moves out. young entrepreneurial person trying to start a business sees an opportunity to buy or rent at a massive discount in that area. His business creates jobs and demand, other business follow. soon property is to valuable to allow niggers to use it as a section 8 shit hole. Niggers claim people cleaning up their mess is some word they cant even spell.

You sound like a fucking retard. Way to go. Good job on avoiding discussing the topic at hand. You fucking cowardly faggot.

For, it pisses off non-Whites and poor fags

kinda like some places in fort lauderdale. some neighborhoods used to be fucking shit with a ton of niggers. then the gays pushed them out. sure theres a lot of fucking fags and places to get aids tested but its still better than gangbangers and double niggers

Also

>white people move in and make it better
MUH GENTRIFICATION
>white people move out and the neighborhood goes to shit
MUH WHITE FLIGHT

To contribute. There is nothing wrong with gentrification. Most of the complaints about it are of poor people avoiding competition.

See
I articulated the opinion others are now echoing. I predicted most would echo the opinion. Of course most on this board would say, "Yes, gentrification is a net positive. It makes the city safer, cleaner, more prosperous whilst also shooing away the niggers."

What am I avoiding? I'm merely suggesting threads like this are fucking pointless other than to shitpost and troll or unless created to slide other threads. I'm sick of the "What does Sup Forums think of ____" threads, that's all. I'm sick of brainlets coming in to discuss "super important topics" about banal and pedantic buzzwords.

>WAAAAAAAH I DON'T LIKE THE WORD OR THIS CONVERSATION
>HURR I AM THE ONLY ONE CONTRIBUTING

>mfw I'm just trying to ask a sincere question

There are no legitimate arguments against gentrification that are backed by any kind of data

Lol, I lived in the five points right near a bunch of these shops. Rent was $1,800 a month for a shitty apartment in a triplex that was built in 1898. Car got broken in to. Heroin needles in yard every time I'd try to mow. People would even ask me for money through my wooden fence when I was out working on my car... and then not leave when I said no.

Your assessment of the area is correct.

Blacks are mad about it because the blacks can't afford to live there any more as it is gentrifying.

dudes mad he got exposed for wearing make up

YES! Gentrification is great

The city I live in used to have nothing but homeless crack addicts, misc degenerates and minorities downtown.
It's actually shaping up nicely now.

The salt from antifa brainlets and those previously living their is great. I seriously can't imagine how they imply they should be able to afford to live downtown in a fair sized city off nothing but welfare. Their entitlement is hilarious now that money is actually flowing to develop our downtown and make it better.

I mean boo hoo there's actual shops and not just empty storefronts. Not to mention apartments and housing areas that aren't filled with violent groids, drug dealers and rats/cockroaches/bedbugs.

Cofee is degeneraate man

as far as i understand it, it brings wealth into a community that has been economically devastated, and creates and stimulates productivity generally. i don't see anything to be against. this used to be something people praised for the industriousness of man to lift an area out of poverty, but now Marxists wants us to think it's bad because """people""" who don't know how to benefit from it or contribute to it get pushed out.

Why would I be against it. I bought a house in a rather low income part of LA County a few years ago because that's all I could afford (even though I make $80k+ a year but that's california for you).

It wasnt the worst neighborhood but full of low income spics and section 8 niggers. But the combination of expensive housing pushing middle class families further out towards me, as well as the development of commercial businesses has caused an expulsion of said spics/niggers.

My neighborhood is now much safer and the value of my house has gone up over $150k in the last 2 years. Still not the greatest neighborhood, but in like 5 years it should be much better

If people want to improve a neighborhood that's gone to shit I've no problem with that and if the residents there do? Well fuck them and let them move to a new place to make it shit until someone goes and gentrifies that place too.

>are you for or against improving impoverished areas

Gentrification in American is different than gentrification here. In America, niggers and other mongrels get fucked and leftist bitch. Here, poor white people get fucked and leftist doesn't bitch so much. In either case, (((developers))) win.

100% for gentrification

t. own a house in East Oakland

Not all blacks are mad about it. Those who own property there will make bank. As far as rent prices f em. Rent and home ownership is expensive everywhere in Denver right now. No one can afford to live here if they didn't buy several years ago. Regardless of race people need to stop being poor in Denver or move out. Its their choice.

Why would anyone be against it? Doesn't it just mean that rich people bring more money into an area when they move in? Unless it's poor niggers getting mad that the slum they're used to is actually livable now.

Legal segragation by class, rich and niggers

My family has amassed a small fortune through gentrification. Hate the game, not the player. The Plan is to move blacks to the suburbs and retake the cities.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Plan_(Washington,_D.C.)

This seems like such a weird concept to me. Maybe it's because I live on the praries...

But it seems to me that instead of willingly living with or doing business around the poors, you could instead just go anywhere else.

>Complains about White flight
"OH WHAT, YOU HONKY MUTHAFUCKAS DON'T WANT TO LIVE NEXT TO TYRONE AND DESHANEL!"
>Buys up property, Whites move into the neighbourhood
"OH HELL NAW. I KNOW YOU HONKY MUTHAFUCKAS AIN'T MOVIN IN TO MY HOOD."
>Shitskins wanting to control, kill and enslave Whites is a myth
Uh.. Yea..