What if you're wrong?

This thread is here to posit the question what if, more specifically, what if you're wrong?
Im not saying that you are or are not wrong, thats a discussion for another thread, but how you would feel if you were wrong about a closely held or extremely controversial belief because even if you are RIGHT, its important to think about how you would change if you weren't

For example.

What if the holocaust happened and the jews really were oppressed, and how would you think otherwise?
What if you're religion is wrong, as in you were praying to the wrong god or he doesn't exist all together?
What if all races, while superficially different, really are the same in terms of personality and intelligence, and that its all determined by the nurture they receive?
What if global warming is real and harming the planet, making it more inhospitable to human kind?
What if feminists have a point, and the majority really are trying to make both genders more equal and free, while there is only a small but vocal minority that cloud the point of feminism?

Even if you believe all of these are the purest of pure facts and there is not way for them to not be right, imagine a world where it isnt.

Feel free to ask you're own what if you're wrong questions, there is no way I can cover them all.

76% of what you said is already right anyway

well answer what isn't right.

What if op is just a huge faggot?

Then you'll believe that instead. What is the problem here?

Because its important to know you're beliefs are held by reality and not fiction or emotion

its a thought experiment, thot

An incredibly stupid one, you huge faggot.

I was wrong to think the Chicago Cubs would never win the World Series.

How is it stupid?

Which is why beliefs are stupid. You should never believe something to be true, but instead perceive something to be likely or unlikely based on current understanding.

I mean you're right but people can often obfuscate the truth and cherry pick information to make it seem like something that emotionally clicks with them is true when reality is more nuanced.

As a liberal, I probably am wrong.

Its really just a question of what kind of world I want to live in.

Doesn't matter how wrong I potential am. Living in a white comfy ethnostate would be amazing. There is literally no argument against how comfy a white ethnostate would be.

So don't be one of those people.

>what if op wasnt a faggot

I ask this existential question everytime i log on to pol.

>What if the holocaust happened and the jews really were oppressed, and how would you think otherwise?
Then it doesn't change anything and I still hate jews but I can unironically meme MUH 6 GORILLION
>What if you're religion is wrong, as in you were praying to the wrong god or he doesn't exist all together?
Atheist lmao
>What if all races, while superficially different, really are the same in terms of personality and intelligence, and that its all determined by the nurture they receive?
But they're not. Observation proves this.
>What if global warming is real and harming the planet, making it more inhospitable to human kind?
I've never claimed to deny climate change, just that I don't give enough of a shit to pay more tax dollars towards useless regs.
>What if feminists have a point, and the majority really are trying to make both genders more equal and free, while there is only a small but vocal minority that cloud the point of feminism?
Also observational. If women were equal they would be equal, but they're not because they continue to prove themselves incapable.

This thread assumes views are only opinions and cannot be acceptance of truth.

but what if op is not a huge faggot? open your mind

>What if the holocaust happened and the jews really were oppressed, and how would you think otherwise?
Wouldn't make a difference to me. Maoism killed 60 million people, Stalinism far over 30 and no one gives a shit.

>What if you're religion is wrong, as in you were praying to the wrong god or he doesn't exist all together?
I'm an atheist. When I came to the conclusion that my religion was untrue, I dropped it
>What if global warming is real and harming the planet, making it more inhospitable to human kind?
I believe in climate change. The problem is that leftists lie so often, that you cannot trust them about just how much it is actually driven by man.
>What if all races, while superficially different, really are the same in terms of personality and intelligence, and that its all determined by the nurture they receive?
Through a life long observation, confirmed by science, I have come to the conclusion that they are not. Denying race realism is like denying gravity to me. I could do it, I could jump out of this window and spread my wings, pretending I could fly. Only to die on concrete 2 seconds later.

>What if feminists have a point, and the majority really are trying to make both genders more equal and free, while there is only a small but vocal minority that cloud the point of feminism?
Men and women are different. What's different, shouldn't be enforced by society to be MADE equal. It leads to totalitarianism by design, not abuse

I mean a lack of outside resources and expertise would be potentially detrimental, and so would a possibility of genetic homogeneity and even inbreeding causing problems in genetics exclusive to the region. A lack of new outside information also be stale after a while I would think

What if you're observations of race and feminism are wrong?

There is no such thing as objective right and wrong. People will believe what's easier for their ego to believe.

If men and women were equal, feminism wouldn't need to MAKE them equal, by means of power (of the state and the mob which is more often than not the same).

>also

>Denying race realism is like denying gravity to me.
I mean technically classical gravity calculations have been wrong and had to be rewritten as new information came in, as in relativity. You could also be wrong about your observations due to holes in the studies you've filled in with your own mind or less reputable places.

That wasnt the question the question is what if it was equal and that you were wrong.

None of the things you posted fairly represent the opinions you are trying to debunk. So clearly you have not gone through with your own thought experiment, otherwise you would understand the nuances of the opposing side.

The jews were oppressed. There were well documented laws directly targeted at jews. There are few people who say that is not true. The much more widespread concern is that the jews carry as much, if not more, fault for this due to being a subversive, parasitical force throughout their stay in their host nations.

I'm an atheist, but I support christianity. If I look at its history and the consequences of it being pushed out of society in recent decades, there is no doubt in my mind that the structure and value system it has brought to the countries that adopted it were a huge factor in their success. There is a reason every muslim country that is not carried by oil is a shithole. Especially places that used to be prosperous while christian are now terrible while muslim, or degenerate and decadent while atheist.

(1/2)

Evolution is observable fact. Populations that have historically been isolated from each other have a different pool of genotypes and thus different distributions of phenotypes. A thought experiment about assuming this observable fact is wrong is like a thought experiment about all our observable reality being an illusion. Maybe interesting for some, but ultimately unverifiable/unfalsifiable and thus pointless.

Main contentions on this subject are whether humans are the prime factor in causing this and whether crippling our own economy is the answer, when those who don't will overtake us and continue to 'pollute' anyway. Even if what climatologists say is 100% true, my stance would remain that we are better off researching solutions rather than giving up on all growth and handing all monopolies over to elites.

I don't doubt that they are trying that. We have a saying in German that translates to "The opposite of good is well meant." I am absolutely convinced that only a small minority of feminists actually hate men. That does not change the fact that my best estimation for the resulting effects of what most feminists advocate is an even more sexist, unstable and unsustainable system than what they are fighting against.

(2/2)

>you're
What if you don't know the difference between you're and your?

Even if someone perceives with their senses that gravity occurs and someone else doesn't want to believe in gravity, then for the "delusional" person, gravity doesn't exist. All of existence is based on how are brains perceive things.

There is only 1 thing you can know for certain that is an absolute truth and that's that you exist.

If any of those were empirically true then that's that, because they'd have facts backing them up. They don't, though.

Even if somebody holding a controversial opinion is wrong, they are still doing a public good by creating an open discourse about strongly held beliefs. Keeping those who are right on their toes and having them know WHY their right is important.

Without the contrary view, the correct one would be held as a simple assumption rather than a hard earned conclusion

Well, as I said: IF women and were equal, feminism wouldn't have to MAKE them equal. So if men and women WERE equal, feminism wouldn't exist.

They weren't really wrong, as far as I see it, they were simply extended to cover all the cases. Newtonian gravity pretty much still works for scales and speed in which relativistic effects do not apply. And scientific theory corrects itself on reality. So if I denied the reality I observe, I couldn't correct my theory. I would have to imagine a more desireable one and that is - wishful thinking.

>the opposite of good is well meant
I'm stealing that. Tnx kraut :)

How do you know you are not just a dream character inside a dream inside a dream?

You can ask these sort of questions if you -do- believe the holocaust happened.

What if it didn't?
What if these people are right?
Should I just believe the things I was taught as a child?
Should the holocaust be doubted?
If so, what else should be doubted?

So now I ask you, OP, what if you are wrong? Maybe you should take the time to actually understand the opposing viewpoints instead of trying some cheap trick thinly veiled as 'thought experiment' when dealing with people of different world views. Another thing you should consider is that many here, including myself, grew up in a very left wing environment. I know all the arguments and tactics, legitimate or not, supporting the antithesis of what I believe in, because I come from there. I also know that I was ignorant of competing theories and that I was deliberately sheltered and 'protected' from them throughout my life. If I had not went out of my way to understand them, I would still think like you do.

I really do see modern leftism as a cult. It uses indoctrination of children, peer pressure and public figures of authority to cement its doctrine and make opposing viewpoints taboo. They shame dissenters and make sure they have no voice, no social connection to the believers. No cult member wants to hear or believe that they are in a cult, whether it's scientology or leftism. That is the tragedy so many of us here get to experience, being shun for telling the truth as we see it with the best of our intentions.

Hate is never wrong stupid faggot

This is SUCH a stupid shill thread. Nobody is right about everything and very few intelligent people even believe they are right about everything.

>I would think
Yeah because you are a fucking idiot. Even very small isolated countries like Iceland don't have that issue.

You should start thinking better.

Good confirmation for this is "Trump tweeting crimes of Muslims" is *hate crime*. Not the crimes are the problems, but that someone would talk about them. The British government punishes people for thought crime now. SERIOUSLY. Even the fucking president of the USA. It's Orwellian. It's grotesque. It's ridiculous and disgusting at the same time. It's surreal.

Going to skip the first two because they're a time sink.
3. Doesn't matter. Black would still chimp out, collectivize, and to try to wipe us out. Jews would subvert, etc. Whatever 'muh culture' argument is made only undermines itself because it puts culture on the same level of depth and gives it the same staying power as genetics.
4. I believe in AGW but it doesn't matter. Leftists have demonstrated their desire to accelerate whatever they believe in. Otherwise they'd be radically pro-nuclear power, and cash for clunkers would have never happened. Also, mass migration increases carbon use so they'd naturally be against that, too.
5. This is also true, but they've chosen to surrender to the vocal minority. They are supporting evil because they're too lazy to care about the truth.

>OP goes for low hanging fruit
>Ignores all proper answers
Fucking shills I swear to god. Is there not a single human on this board?

I was wrong to think Hitler was an evil prick

It's indeed annoying AF. It's why I very often don't bother to debate these cucks and just troll the shit out of them. Debates with them are most of the time a complete waste of energy and time.

>What if the holocaust happened and the jews really were oppressed
I used to believe that without question. But you jews would never shut up about it so I investigated and now I know the holocaust is pure horse shit and Hitler was trying to save us from you filthy kikes.

>what if propaganda is true
There would be 6 million less jews, Africa wouldnt be a third world hellhole, niggers wouldnt be overrepresented in all violent crime statistics, climate change scientists would have proof instead of 50 years of false predictions and women wouldnt need to introduce discrimination laws to be able to compete equally.