Is Singapore the only place where diversity works?

Is Singapore the only place where diversity works?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-asia-26832115
theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/25/singapore-teen-blogger-who-criticised-government-wins-asylum-in-us
unvis.it/theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/25/singapore-teen-blogger-who-criticised-government-wins-asylum-in-us
youtube.com/watch?v=waVsSlxS8-k
theindependent.sg/amos-yee-receives-death-threats-for-publicly-supporting-pedophilia/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its because it's pretty much authoritarian capitalism like a Pinochet-lite system

Singapore is an authoritarian nightmare

Because they cane you if you don't make it work.

Good enough.

What makes a place diverse and what is the standard for working?
But quite possibly depending on your definitions

how diverse is it really? it's thoroughly controlled and maintained by Han chinese. if it were whites in there position, the entire world would nitpick and say the whites were oppressing the non-whites somehow. i doubt malays and poos have any authoritative power over there.

There's Indians but they're in the minority. It's 80% Chinese and no blacks. I wouldn't call it diverse at all, not by European standards where everyone on the planet shows up.

>authoritarian nightmare
I doubt it's as bad as Europe is becoming or already is.

DID YOU FUCKING SPIT OUT YOUR GUM?

>er uhm

WELL?

>I er

DID YOU?!!

The diversity is moreso in the tensions between the Malays and Chinese, inside Chinese communities based on regional/language differences, and between citizens and permanent resident/visitors
It's similar in diversity to the US in an odd way, with about 80% coming from a heterogeneous group and the rest of the population distributed through a couple groups.

Plus it's a lot more like early America where you have to work/integrate or starve. Europe's biggest problem is its massive welfare systems.

Singapore is a big sterile shopping mall.

So, I guess?

Theres been race riots in the past. Its just overshadowed by the diversity clusterfuck that is Indonesia to the south of them.

I don't see the problem. Just don't be an asshole and you'll be fine. Maybe the gum thing is a bit too far but everything else is okay

not in a long ass time and not significant, there's a reason why op brought this up
if there were recent race riots then nobody would be stupid enough to ask if they're a working example of diversity

it's diverse yeah, but i think it works because there's still /some/ segregation and racial hierarchy in singapore. the chinese are at the top of the social pyramid, followed by the malays, then the tamil. i am not sure where "Ang mo" (foreigners, usually white people) figure into this social hierarchy.

still, they get along better than people in the us because ultimately people care more about money than race, so it's more meritocratic, i guess. they have this thing in this culture called the 5 Cs: car, condominium, credit card, club membership, career. as long as you have this, you automatically get respect.

another tenet of singapore culture is "kiasu," meaning "afraid to lose," basically doing your best to win in everything. highest salary among your friends, best clothes and car in the neighborhood, etc. so that really sponsors competitiveness to go along with the meritocracy.

t. im asian, ive visited the place
also i have a degree in asian studies

what do you mean by the racial hierarchy of chinese > malays > tamil?
those are also the share of population highest to lowest, is this the result of that or is it independent?

>literally hoppean extremism
>politically shill for the taxation and subversion of others
>get arrested

Multiethnic societies only work with strong authoritarian governments such as SINGAPORE and Russia

i think that is the result of that.
there is barely any representation of malays and tamil in government after all.

after the british left singapore, singapore was basically formed because people in malaysia wanted the chinese to fuck off for being asian jews. so the asian jews formed their own country so that is the reason for it being majority chinese.

Russia doesn't work though

Nice! Sounding more and more like Hoppean extremism is the future for the civilized world.

>still, they get along better than people in the us because ultimately people care more about money than race, so it's more meritocratic, i guess. they have this thing in this culture called the 5 Cs: car, condominium, credit card, club membership, career. as long as you have this, you automatically get respect.
i can kinda respect this.

it's more of a subtle racism. asians aren't known for saying things to your face.

case in point
bbc.com/news/world-asia-26832115

I meant without civil insurrection (excluding Chechnya)

I know that they amended their constitution relatively recently so that if a certain ethnicity hasn't held the office of president in a certain number of terms, they must be elected. I've heard Singaporeans say this was done because of a specific Chinese individual opposition within the party and he can't be elected, it has to be a Malay.

It really doesn't seem that bad, people having inaccurate views and losing money because they won't rent to somebody being the worst racism is a pretty good situation.
Also it may be that other residents will make a stink if they have a certain ethnic group in the complex, so they do it to keep their other residents.

Based Singapore

Went from one of the poorest countries to one of the richest within one generation. Extremely high standard of living, low crime, no degenerancy.

>2-3 different ethnic groups
>diverse

get back to me when you have irish/german/polish/nords/slavics/russians/gooks/chinks/nips/flips/spics/nigs and poo's all clawing at each others throats before giving me a lecture you slant-eyed carpet kissers

You don't just have a bunch of races together and then consider it done.

They must be forced to interact, work with and live near each other and eventually see each other as fellow countryman first.

It's not perfect as everyone will be saying.

Our version is that they didn't want any chinese in power and a malaysian malaysia campaign (instead of a malay malaysia) promise was threatening to them. Both sides agree to disagree and here we are.

It's a shame the old man is gone (cremated and ashes scattered, F.). I wonder what he would think of that bullshit.

South East Asia in general really seems to dislike Indians for some reason. Its the same way in Thailand, Indians are outright banned from many establishments.

PRC is a new one to me though, pretty odd considering Singapore is majority Chinese themselves and adopted Simplified Chinese character like the PRC.

I truly think he is one of the best politicians to ever exist, I couldn't say enough of LKY. Truly a great man.

They're Chinese who have been there for generations, PRC post-cultural revolution is fucked. There's a reason why people hate Chinese immigrants/tourists. The Chinese in SEA are a completely different Chinese from the ones that live in current PRC.

yup. it's not really that bad over there.

also

theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/25/singapore-teen-blogger-who-criticised-government-wins-asylum-in-us

Archived that
unvis.it/theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/25/singapore-teen-blogger-who-criticised-government-wins-asylum-in-us

I've been following him closely since I heard about him a year ago, isn't a great individual, but the story has been interesting. Has shown a lot about Singapore(ans).

>Indians are outright banned from many establishment

If you've ever had to wait on Indians you'd ban them too. They're the only race that demands impeccable service/tries to negotiate prices where it's not done and then provides suckass service to customers at their own businesses. Think Indian hotels.

Why do westerners keep bringing up muh gum? It's not illegal to chew.

They want to validate their own country and political views and they have to find small issues or nitpick in order to do it, but they can call it a success in their head.

This is correct.
Angmo usually site either equal or above Chinese sometimes under.
Between Anglos and Chinese job status determines the pecking order.
Most whites there are there as consultants.
As such they'll never be higher than the chinese owners of a company but will be of much higher status than a Chinese hawker stall holder.

Money determines EVERYTHING in Singapore, Unless you're Bangladeshi, Burmese, or a filipina.
Then you're kinda crap.

t. Lived there for 3 years working.

That isn't racism. PRCs and indians make terrible tenants. It's not just a stereotype. Many landlords would gladly make exceptions for Taiwanese chinks & westernised pajeets.

Not true about racial hierachy. its more Singapore vs foreigner.

You can also tell the apartment blocks that have bangladeshis living in. They look like shit.

It's a fucking totalitarian shithole. Literally north korea with money. No better than Dubai or one of the shitty emirate states.

Fuck off.

Japs mad that other places westernized and aren't looked down upon by the rest of the world as a bunch of creepy virgins.
Even worse, their economy isn't tanking, so they must be a bunch of jews.

It's been a sufficiently long time that singapore chinese doesn't have any attachments to china anymore.

Yeah it really shouldn't have happened. It's just some dumb attention whore who decided he should run away because he's soooo against the man and being oppressed.

Glad he is his US caretaker's problem now.

>Lets all keep Asia fishing villages and rice farms.

I for one like having nice neighbours, but hey you must be a mainland chink and as such have no concept of what nice is.

Haha dude you should come and visit one of the war museums here and see how the govt portrays japs. You fucking animals.

He's a dumb attention whore, but why did the government of Singapore give him all the attention he could dream of?
Just say that you value the successes your country has enjoyed more than rights that liberal western societies value.

I've only read a short summary and LKY's experience, and holy fucking hell I couldn't believe it was real.

Authoritarian not equals to totalitarian. Its good to know the difference.

>what is M Ravi?

youtube.com/watch?v=waVsSlxS8-k

how do you guys feel about his pro-pedo remarks? i think he's just doing it for the shock factor.

theindependent.sg/amos-yee-receives-death-threats-for-publicly-supporting-pedophilia/

There's no special attention given to him.

Most people in his position would pay a fine or sit in jail and leave it at that. However, he repeatedly violated probation, announced to everyone that he won't stop doing what he's doing, advocated for pedophile rights and accused his Christian bailor of molesting him which he later passed as a prank. If I recall correctly he wasn't supposed to go to jail as a minor but it was he who pushed for it.

Of course the press would love a hot story like this in boring Singapore. Kid just aint right.

Honestly I don't know. It was just court business as usual but he decided to cause as much controvesy as possible because attention whore.

But they probably decided it was a waste of time after he ran to the US and will let him destroy himself over there.

He's desperately trying to stay relevant with shock value. Because as it turns out he can't make a living from fan donations and have said work was beneath him.

Tl;dr: No one cares. Not our problem.

People know that he's doing it for shock. At this point most people are just glad that he's out of our hands.

What i don't get is why e celebs like sargon and dave rubin want to host him. What he says is not new or interesting. Is there a consipiracy to make Singapore look bad ?

I don't think it's a conspiracy. Western countries love freedom of speech. I don't agree with what yee said but I don't agree with sedition laws either.

You guys Chinese?

Singapore is majority chinese.
/thread

It works in Sing and HK because if they think you're about to start shit you'll just be deported straight away, they really don't fuck around.

I mean, HK should be a hotbed for muzzie terrorists, what with all the flips and Indonesians here, but immigration is so strict that they either don't get in or are watches constantly

Because it is a port city, and not a sprawling empire. It becomes easy to manage and citizens can be united based on region instead of based on race. It is also pretty brutal, niggers don't last long there.

A National Capitalist country like Singapore will always be successful, even if it was 100% niggers

that's what I want though, at least more than here

I used to live in Singapore,

basically citizenship is only for best of best and others get deported for crimes. Fantastic, also a complete meritocracy, I wish we were like them

Cuz no autistic pigskins dont hype shit up

There are other diverse non western nTions that dont have this problem