Where did Araragi get 3600 Dollar to afford this watch?

Where did Araragi get 3600 Dollar to afford this watch?
He can't possibly have payed for it by himself
Did he commit a crime?
Is this why he left the house in such a hurry the night he met Shinobu?

3600 yen is not a lot of money, considering exchange rate.

His family is rich. It was probably a christmas gift from his dad or something.

Araragi family house's over the top visuals aside, he's family is pretty wealthy.

$3600
Which would be ¥400000 more or less

3600 Dollar user,that's a Speedmaster
Yes but they aren't that wealthy,and he is never seen wearing it ever again.
Maybe he returned it out of guilt?

Is Araragi a criminal?

Used ones can be cheaper than that.

what makes expensive watches so expensive? are they better at telling time?

it's an anime and shaft

Nah you're just paying for the brand name.

Finish,engineering,materials and yes of course you pay for Brand as well.
The Speedmaster was the first watch to be accurate enough and reliable enough to be chosen for spaceflight by the NASA,they still use it today.

>Is Araragi a criminal?
Yes. Most of the stuff he does in the show is illegal.

Why does he wear the watch on his right arm?

>what is product placement

He must be left handed then.

>spend 3600 USD on a watch
>literally no one can tell the difference from a similar looking 20 dollar watch except for other colossal rich autists

For literally what purpose. You could buy a car for $3600

Maybe you have enough Money that you don't want a car for $3600 but a watch.

I own a $5200 Version Dollar of the Speedmaster,and I get compliments on it quite regularily

Who the fuck even wears watches in the modern age?

Richfags and people with taste.

Who in their right mind would want a watch over a car. Is your ego really so important that you would dump 5200 bucks just to have it stroked by strangers on the sidewalk?

It wasn't about ego,I have the money to spare and I love the history and the look of the watch.
And like you said,only other people who take an interest in watches recognise it and come up to me,the ''Stranger on the Sidewalk'' doesn't really interest me.

> everyone would want a shitty junker car that is just a black hole into which money disappears instead of a quality status symbol that will likely last their whole life
Lol no
Also
>It's either a car or a watch, no possible other combinations of choices could exist
Your entire argument is balls to the wall retarded.

>only 3 and 3/4 of a Euro

His family are bent cops. They got rich from taking bribes.

Take a look at this poorfag, bet you stream 144p chinese cartoons on your shitbox too

>implying 5 grand isnt enough to get you a decent weekend tire burner
I'm well aware there are other options, too. 5000 dollars is enough to fund a month's vacation pretty much anywhere in the world, among other things. A watch is basically a paperweight for your arm in 2016 and is probably one of the biggest and worst wastes of money I can imagine

90% = brand name.

The rest is composition, engineering, and shipping cost.

HNNNNNNNNNNNG SPRING DRIVE WHY ARE YOU SO SMOOTH

>tfw 30k for the Spacewalk

>taking monogari visuals literally
>taking SHAFT visuals literally
>almost 2017

>Not using the $2 rubber strap watches with the small black and white digital face

>20 dollar watch

A good watch is at least $200 (or even more, I don't remember). You buy one of these cheap ones and the hours will never be precise.

It's not the ego, it's about wanting something because you think it's cool. Just go to the buyfag thread for example, some figures are $1000 or more.

>all these plebs who can't even afford a measly 300k for a watch

araragi's bathroom would cost like a million dollars to make.

>the night he met Shinobu
Are you retarded user?

Post a timestamp or GTFO

How do I hold and read that thing?

Mate, quartz/whatever crystal oscillators are fairly accurate even for a 25 buck chinkshit watch. I mean at minutes and sometimes only seconds of slippage over several years accurate.

If we were talking mechanical, hell no anything under 200 won't be even close to accurate, but tech has done away with that problem long ago.

Absolutely beautiful and not gaudy at all

It's one of those things that is so ugly it goes back around to being beautiful.

>almost the size of a palm
Jesus.

They're jewelry.

It's actually supposed to be a pocket watch.

I know. But like I said, mechanical ones are cooler.

>x264
>2016

What if it's just a cheap Chinese replica?

Has YGO gone too far?

>Is Araragi a criminal?
He doesn't need to be a criminal when his parents are police officers. Just look at the place they live in - lounge like a modern art gallery, bedrooms like something out of MoMA and a bathroom like a cathedral.

Oh, and the car. Has anyone noticed that Arararagi's car has red lights at the front? In Japan, only police cars can have red lights at the front. Go figure.

Maybe he just borrowed it from his father because he couldn't find his/he didn't own one and for some reason the situation required a watch.
I've done this a few times, though to be honest I never used any of the $3600+ ones.

>their parents are connected to the japanese mafia
>araragi has to come into terms with his parents being corrupt fucks

could work

Are public servants in japan treated like royalty or something?

Isn't his mother a Police Chief? In a city that would be a big paycheck. I have no idea what Paparagi does though.

No, they're paid very poorly, which is why they may want to seek other sources of income.

>son of two police officers
>biggest repeat child molester in the town

like pottery

it's a fashion accessory

>hurr why wear a necklace

you fucking autists confuse me sometimes

>Male
>Wearing a necklace

And you call other people autistic.

(You) are baiting or retarded

Like what? Molesting ghosts?

>Who in their right mind would want a watch over a car
Cars are luxury only for 18 years old. You will understand someday.

His parents are rich enough to own that big-ass house and provide for themselves and three kids.

>Where did Araragi get 3600 Dollar to afford this watch?
The same reason he got the New Beetle as his first car; his family is rich. He just never mentions it.

Watchfags are fucking autistic.

how the fuck do you supposed to read the calendar?

Kiss Shot=/=Shinobu

The arms with the months on rotate on their axes so they can show all 12 months, and the current month arm points at the day number.

>born with golden spoon
>all his reasoning about life is pointless because he's rich
Arararagi is hack

araragi's family isn't rich. kanbaru's family is the rich one

that sounds pretty cool

>all these doubts for police figures/public servants
I want leftists to fuck off to Sup Forums

For all we know, it could be a fake. Doesn't matter to me; I hate big watches. If I'm going to wear one, I don't want to feel the weight of it on my hand

The development of quartz oscillators made Swiss watches just jewelry.
Even the best mechanical watch has an accuracy on the order of +/-1 second per day, while your smartphone (with network time sync on) has an *absolute* accuracy of +/-1 second.

All this trust for public servants/police I want bootlickers to hang.

EOP Sup Forumstards

>Even the best mechanical watch has an accuracy on the order of +/-1 second per day

Are you retarded?

>implying right-wing don't have corruption too

I want underage kids to leave

His parents are well paid Police officials.

Actually, araragi lives in a small and modest house. All the crazy shit we see is just Araragi lying to the viewer. In one of his monologues , he even mentions that the bathroom is not actually that big, and they have a very little room in there irl.

Yeah, people keep forgetting almost the whole anime series was created with Araragi's biased perspective in mind. We see things how they look in his head, not their actual state.

How do you explain Neko White which is told from perspective of (homeless) Cat where she also describes his house as rich?

>5 seasons of a guy cheating on his ugly girlfriend with other ugly girls

she sleeps in the hallway so her perspective is probably skewed as well

>SPEEDMASTER
What a fucking name for something that's broken unless it runs like every other clock.

No. It might even be an overstatement - COSC chronometer certification (which only the top 3% of all Swiss watches are submitted to, by the way) requires a watch to be accurate to just +4/-6 seconds per day.

I am glad I am was not the single one to think of that first

>she sleeps in the hallway

Damn, at least I let my cat sleep in the bathroom.

>"where did araragi get 3600 dollars"
>3600 yen
Go to sleep.

/csg/

I dont think I will. I'm going to be poor my whole life and the best I can hope for is to maybe move out of craigslist shitbox territory and into used dealership territory. When my decade-old auto comes with a warranty that's when I'll know I've really made it. That will be my luxury

Men who wear expensive watches are fucking homos. You could spend your money on an infinite number of more practical things, yet you devote time and money to this materialistic, meaningless past-time meant to cheat money out of suckers like you.

>lmao poorfag

Yeah, so? I'm probably more well-read, more cultured and more fit than you, you Rolex-wearing cuck. Your overpriced watch doesn't make you better than me as much as you hope it does.

Frat bros are fucking stupid, more news at 11

>unreliable narrator: the series

It's probably just a knock-off brand or something

this

source: cat's engorged tits in specific scenes

I could say the same thing for action figures/gunpla. As long as your money are earned honestly, you are free to buy everything with them (ok, maybe not slaves).

Tacky as fuck, looks like something a 12 yo would wear. I swear every watches look like shit after $50000 or something

>watchfags will defend this

The Chinese make replicas of those for less than 200 bucks.

this is what his watch looks like in the tv series. shaft are just being shaft