Hokuto no Ken - Fist of the North Star Movie Collection [DVD/BD 8bit AC3]

>Hokuto no Ken - Fist of the North Star Movie Collection [DVD/BD 8bit AC3]

So this just popped on Nyaa.

Is this a good entry point into the franchise? Can I start with these or is this one of those series where I need to track down the obscure original manga?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MUVukUuF9tw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone?

>Hnk
>obscure manga
Just read the manga

Not OP but i remember the manga having horrendous scans, did anyone ever update translations with better quality?

Any reason for that? All I saw are really shitty low res scans with serious does of engrish to boot

dose* obviously, typo

yes, if you watch the movies youll get all the important details
the manga is fast paced compared to the 1984 adaptation

Either read the manga or, preferably, watch the original anime. It's one of the absolute best shows out there with excellent execution, directing, music, and voice acting.

Don't watch the movies to start, they are shitty adaptations in that they cut out a fuck ton of stuff.

Also describing anything Hokuto no Ken as obscure makes you sound like an idiot, NOTHING Hokuto no Ken is obscure is quite literally one of the most beloved and famous anime in the history of the medium.

I meant the manga being obscure in English you dense fuck, show me a single fucking good scanlation cause I literally can't find anything that isn't 300x200 resolution garbage in engrish.

Are the movies worth watching if I already watched the anime?

Yes

Obscure means hard to find our unknown, you dip. The scans are middling quality ranging from good to fine. Either read the manga (the pacing is very fast so it's a quick read) or watch the original anime which slows the pacing down which is in my opinion greatly to the story's benefit.

Don't listen to because if you are going to use the movies as a starting point you might as well just read an article in Wikipedia if you just want the most basic plot elements with minimal to no character development or plot details. The movies are more like high quality cliff notes made with people who are already fans in mind.

The movies are a nice revisit with great animation. I'm personally also a big fan of the Raoh Gaiden anime which gives more development for the best character and shows his rise to power. It also has one of the catchiest OPs I've ever heard.

Fair enough, I'll get the anime instead then because I genuinely don't think these scans qualify as "fine" let alone good.
Pic related, it's like a picture for ants that also looks like shit.

>Ten no Haoh
KAMI NO IKARI

SHIZUMETAMAE

INORITAMAE

AGAMETAMAE

I've read much worse so I don't consider it bad. You clearly went around during the Mangatraders days where you had to download scans that were not only grainy and small but also had shitty English/grammar. I highly recommend the anime over the manga because the methodical peace builds the world, characters, tension, and drama much better. The first arc has filler added in and makes some stuff now during the Holy Cross arc rather than after but I think it's to the shows benefit. Shin is actually a character in the anime and comes off as someone imposing where as in the manga he is practically a footnote.

It's a long show but it's worth it. But just be warned, Hokuto no Ken 2 is incredibly stupid and unneeded after the Falco arc. It's fun and silly, but it is shit compared to the rest and actively kinda hurts some characterization.

The full version of Nageki no Endless is such a great song. The song is also really appropriate given how much of Raoh's life was suffering, his mentality, his teachings to those he lead/conquered, and how truly noble his goals were.

The ruler of this century's end, Ken-Oh-sama, truly is the greatest antagonist of all time.

Lol its not obscure. The movies also miss out ALL the story as to why the guys in them are the way they are.

I'd only watch the first movie because it covers what happened between Kenshiro getting fucked by Shin and going onto his revenge against him.

Why was Raoh a nigger in the anime but an aryan in the movies and Ten no Haoh?

>I'd only watch the first movie because it covers what happened between Kenshiro getting fucked by Shin and going onto his revenge against him.
Even that expects you to have precursory knowledge of the story that follows. The movies really are all around bad places to begin with Hokuto no Ken and act more as plot summaries or fan service films.

>Raoh
>good
He's a bitchboi loser that got wrecked by his youngest adopted brother and he can't even fucking play a weeb banjo, fuck that loser

>Why was Raoh a nigger in the anime but an aryan in the movies and Ten no Haoh?
Tan doesn't equal nigger. He just is deeply tanned from the sun in the anime. The director of the anime made Raoh look more like an everyman to embody the guys humble roots, where as Buronson and Tetsuo Hara always envisioned him as an Aryan ubermensch. Most likely due to how closely the two were made, the director just thought that's how Raoh would look and didn't ask as there was little if any officially colored art of Raoh at that point.

Personally I prefer tan Raoh.

>He's a bitchboi loser that got wrecked by his youngest adopted brother and he can't even fucking play a weeb banjo, fuck that loser
Jokes on you, your low quality bait doesn't even make me give (You)s out anymore. Enjoy your dotted line.

Your sorcery does not scare me

And yet you keep giving me (You)s

>tfw the user translating the extra chapters from ichigo aji disappeared

youtube.com/watch?v=MUVukUuF9tw

There is a legit live action Hokuto no Ken. It looks hilariously awful.

>It looks hilariously awful.
It doesn't just look hilariously awful, it IS hilariously awful. It's the story of the man with 7 Pepperoni's on his chest as he strikes people down using his 100 kitty cat slap attack.