What was the Judge doing?

How come the judge did not vacate the aquittal verdict? It was an obvious case of jury nullifcation. Vacating the jury's decsision has been done in the past. There are tools in places that judges can use, but this judge ignored them.
William R. FLETCHER, Plaintiff-Appellee, v. CHICAGO RAIL LINK, L.L.C.
caselaw.findlaw.com/us-7th-circuit/1460434.html

I'm sorry but what did the public defender do wrong?

I guess the Chinese are trying to incite a race war so they can invade

Actually the public defender did a great job in getting an unjust acquittal. Just a coincidence that both are asian.

He's the killer.

>just a coincidence

sure thing, Yang

This case was literally OJ Simpson’s trial all over again

One seems to be Chinese and the other is Japanese. Why would they care about eachother?

Why the fuck does an illegal get a public defender?

I get you, bro

How many public defenders did this spic have?
There was the hook-nosed spic, the gay spic, and now some sort of Asian spic?
How much money did California spend to get this guy acquitted?

A whole lot. San Francisco elects their Public Defender (PD) and their office is comparatively well funded. Jeff Adachi is the actual elected PD and San Franciscans love their sanctuary status. The PD put in disproportianate effort in this case to make sure they keep sanctuary status.

Source: the mother of my children is a paralegal for them.

> the mother of my children
Well memed

That is the thing, chinese and japanese despise each other because of all the wars between them throughout history. They are insulted if you refer to them as the opposite ethnicity.

You can only vacate a guilty verdicy, it's a protection against wrongful prosecutions not against wrongful acquittal
It's also extremely rare.

There would be no point in vacating. Double jeopardy would apply. The scumbag got off.

reread what you wrote. It is rare to vacate aquittals, but it happens; so both guilty and acquittal verdicts can be vacated.

That is not how it works, the judge could have set aside the jury decision for incompetence and made a ruling from the bench finding him guilty of at least manslaughter.

Forgot to say in my earlier reply. Your civil law case isn't relevant. This was a criminal case.

A judge cannot vacate an acquittal. This might be the dumbest thing I've read on Sup Forums all year.

>reread what you wrote
you an idiot or something? he said that vacating a guilty verdict is rare af, and that vacating an acquittal is never done (not allowed as its not the point of the process).

What's the point in vacating an acquittal? Double jeopardy would apply. You don't get to overturn the Fifth Amendment.

True, acquittals cannot be vacated, only guilty verdicts.

Nothing would surprise me from a Commiefornia judge, but there is no way it would withstand appeal. Judges can't overturn the Fifth Amendment (thankfully).

hahaha you are such an idiot. that is legally impossible in the US for good reason.

>your children

Oh my lordy it's da OJ trial all over again.
This is quite the tenses.

Adachi
Double crossed by the Samurai