Two questions: Why did Asuka caress Shinji cheek and why did Shinji break down here at her touch?

Two questions: Why did Asuka caress Shinji cheek and why did Shinji break down here at her touch?

This scene was a bit too autistic for me to understand, I understood that less than "Kimochi Warui"

Shinji was checking whether this was reality or instrumentality by choking Asuka. Probably because he'd just done the same thing in the actual Instrumentality, a bit like pinching your arm to see if you're in a dream.

Asuka caressed his cheek because after spending the whole series unable to communicate with Shinji, they finally got to understand each other's pain during the Instrumentality, and she was empathizing with his pain for the first time.

She also said "How disgusting" because having shared Shinji's consciousness in the Tang, she now knew about Shinji's "tickle the pickle" session over her comatose body, after which he said something like "I'm disgusting".

There's also the strangulation fetish theory, someone will hopefully paste. I think both interpretations can coexist.

/thread

Th-thanks, you too.

But didn't Shinji nail Misato's crucifix to a post before Asuka's arrival?

I have a theory was that when Asuka showed up next to him, all the pain that she caused him came back... when she rejected him during instrumentality. So he decided to kill her, so when Asuka touched his face it broke him into a million pieces. It was the same touch his mother gave him.

Shinji thought that Asuka hated him, despised him. When he felt the touch, he couldn't do it. He knew that she cared deep down and understood.

Anybody can come back from Instrumentality whenever they want, it's what Shinji wished for. They just have to want it enough. Not everybody is gonna realize that you need pain to grow at the same time.

Anybody can but it appears that some time has passed, it could be weeks, maybe a month?

He just really misunderstood the Heimlich maneuver.

Well, I think spending time nailing mementos to boards sounds like a very Instrumentality-esque activity... But I agree with you on why he didn't go through with the choking. True communication on the subconscious level is a hell of a drug.

Being able to come back is still a pretty shitty bargain, considering the state of the real world afterword. What would you come back TO?

I always dreamed of being the leader of a post-apocalyptic community, so I'd probably come back. I have similar feelings toward Instrumentality as Lelouch from CG. It's just so stagnant and blissfully boring.

How was Mari able to pilot an Eva? Don't you need to be born after the second impact?

why is asuka literally the best girl

Best girl is a best because a best is best girl.

She was probably experimented on by Yui, which also caused her to stop aging during the second Impact.

>shinji is such a fucking faggot he gave up instrumentality and decided to come back to earth (which he hates) and now is stuck alone forever with asuka (who hates him) and giant puddles of orange tang

>Being this salty that you don't get to repopulate the earth with Asuka.

Hmm. So, going by this take on the ending, everyone in Instrumentality understands each other and can "communicate" inside the collective consciousness in a way that persists when they leave it. So I guess you could coordinate with everyone who wants to live in the real world and all come out together, which would prevent the problem of "what if I leave and there's nobody else in the real world?"

But if the whole world is as fucked as that beach was, it's all for nothing anyway. That isn't a habitable environment. Maybe places further away are more normal though.

Thank you user.

All it tooks was a monstrous world-collapsing event to force the hedgehog to make his move

I'd prefer to be immortal if I could maintain my freedom, but eternal life in which I melt into everybody elses brain is not ideal to me. I don't know if you picked up on this, but as much as Asuka and Shinji give each other shit, they really are fitting companions, whether it be as friends or beyond that. The whole dance episode should have clued you in on that if you weren't brain dead.

Going from the fact only Antarctica was FUBAR after the Second Impact, and humanity seemingly survived the Near Third Impact, I'd say chances are at least most of the world is still livable outside of the area where Instrumentality took place.

Shinji is (Not) a Pussy

Aside from either killing each other or boning, what do Shinji and Asuka do after the end? Walk the Earth and hash things out? Maybe run across other people who've chosen individuality?

I kind of really want to see fan-art/fic/etc. of those two FINALLY being honest with each other and becoming real companions. Just something really well-written with them sitting and talking about everything.

Shinji is a pretty cool dude, I wish I could be as cool as him.

>This scene was a bit too autistic for me to understand
user you're the autist

Shinji is best girl.

It's be pretty cool to have a sort of life after the apocalypse short story, maybe even OVA, with Shinji and Asuka, but Evangelions story ended with the movie. That is best left to our own imaginations.

This exists, it's called The Epilogue of Evangelion, it's alright.

She wasn't comatose, she was catatonic. There's a difference.

I'm sorry that you're stupid.

>you will never repopulate the earth with Asuka

JUST

reminder

ReTake is also pretty good.

>Implying I'm a reifag
Reaction images transcend waifus user.

Then why did you post Rei-Costanza?

Because Costanza is best girl.

This is cute but lacks the melancholy of EVA. They'd have some real-ass heart-to-heart conversations to have, not just go "hey, let bygones be bygones."

Yeah, it lacks the conflict of the anime. Things would have to start out slow before they would become close. They'd have to try to be companions and friends first, then maybe they could learn to fall for each other.

They were already in each other's heads not too long ago. They know where things about each other, all the actions they took and their reasoning for those actions.

You can't really have a discussion when you literally already know most of how they're feeling. You can only really accept and say you now understood their actions.

I have a question that I've never gotten a good answer to. Why did Asuka come back? Only the people that really wanted to came back, so what was her reason? Shinji's of course is that he rejected instrumentality and decided to live in the real world.

Open to interpretation I guess, my guess Maybe she found Intrumentality very lonely without Shinji, I don't know.

She most likely had an epiphany where she realized that pain is necessary and that happiness isnt real if you're not yourself or something.

You'll never get a good answer since it wasn't explored. Her caressing Shinji's cheek is a sign of maturity in some form so she definitely went through some sort of character development in the LCL Sea.

Asuka luuvs Shinji.

And hates him. And herself. And the feelings are mutual.

This is from the NGE games, right? I noticed she's all over Shinji's dick in them, getting jealous of other girls and constantly asking him to kiss her. It even has the original JAP voice actors too. So I guess that's canon, I think.

Nah, not after escaping Instrumentality. If she really hated herself, she'd just stay in there where she literally couldn't be miserable if she tried.

Is her "love" just teenage lust?

Not to mention after saying she would rather die than be with him, Shinji left and then she follows his lead. So weird.

I think the conversation would go more like "I can't believe we were both SO CLOSE to being happy with each other."

There were so many moments where just the tiniest bit more courage or honesty would have broken a wall and set things on a completely different path.

She is an incredibly horny teenager, but it all ties into her need to be wanted and loved.

You think Shinji loves himself 100% after leaving? They woke from a pleasant dream to the real world.

Maybe, maybe not. She has a mighty need for care and pleasure, but probably mostly care.

Hedgehogs, remember?

Yeah, Asuka's character developed during her last fight with the MPAs and understood her mother. By the time Instrumentality comes about, she has come to accept herself much better than before her catatonic state.

>Implying 14 year old girls don't say hyperbolic things they don't mean all the time.

My cousin around that age has probably wished death on me or her parents more times than Gengis Khan raped a chinese peasantwoman.

Not to mention Asuka has said literally the opposite of her actual feelings to Shinji probably more often than the truth.

You don't necessarily have to love yourself to not hate yourself user.

It was me, it was all me. I was the one who wrote heart of gold, and I was the one who wrote the strangle thing, and most recently I had just been spelling love like a weirdo. It's weird to come to a thread and just see all my words. Heck, they've actually been posting it on other websites now. Anyway, you won't believe me, and you shouldn't.

Anyway, here it is.

Childhood traumas and fears are often manifest themselves as fetishes in adults. Fear and sexual arousal are tied very closely together, resulting in such fetishes as bondage.
In Asuka's case, her trauma revolved around her mother strangling her, and this left a deep impression in her psyche, which guided her every move and action.
The brash, brazen, and boastful Asuka was all a subconscious manifestion of her hidden desire. It was her way of getting what she truly wanted.
Getting desperate, she tried to telegraph this more deliberately to Shinji, when she forcibly kissed him and held his nose shut, but became more aggravated than ever when he didn't get her message.
Shinji only finally realized what Asuka had been seeking the whole time once he entered her mind and saw a fight they once had, but it ended differently in Asuka's head. He, for the first time, saw what Asuka had been after the whole time.
When he is born again on the shores of the red sea, Asuka is beside him, and he rolls over and wraps his hands tightly around her neck, and she caresses him gently, for finally providing what she had longed for all this time.

Why are you bragging about this shit that you've forced in these threads for months on end? Who the fuck brags about a forced meme?

Fuck, all three posts you quoted are me. You're probably the one I got pic related from. You're like my Asukafag mentor dude.

yeah, you're right, I think I'll go away.

>1:10:55
>01:11:58
>I think I need to go away
When you're samefagging this obviously and this embarrassingly, you're damn right you need to fuck off for some time. Lurk more.

>The fucking newfag doesn't verify before calling a newfag.

Embarassing. LOL

>Is her "love" just teenage lust?

I haven't felt love for a girl like my first girlfriend back in High School, and I'm in my 30's now with 5 or so relationships under my belt (imo big accomplishment for an anime loving dweeb like myself).

None of the passions or feelings have ever been as true as back then.

First love is still love.

All love is lust.

It only took you four minutes to craft that false webm I see.

Can you cut the blogposting and reddit-spacing? Thanks.

You're probably another guy horsing around, but in case you're the same newfag, you do know you can verify whether someone is samefagging, right? Just google it, it's not that complicated, even you could manage it.

>this newfag is THIS upset he's been ousted
Embarassing.

Ah, found it in an old folder.
Go ahead, "oust" me lol.
>inb4 the other guy is a burglar who stole my laptop and is posting from under my bed.

>he STILL thinks he wasn't ousted

>Man just likes asuka
>asukafags too good for him

Go on, use your samefag test trick on me, see if I am him too

Except it's clearly not an Asukafag.

Actually I am in fact an Asukafag.

>can't win an argument without constantly making up fanfiction about the character of anobs

Words are all that counts. You lose.

The best thing about Eva is that even if Anno was just drawing shit that looked cool, and making it up as he went along, you can still spend a pretty good amount of time thinking it over. There aren't really any other shows like it.

What is that guy going on about? Where's the argument? It's just you sperging about screaming "S-SAMEFAG".

I am of the opinion that even if an author isn't actively, consciously including themes in his work, themes important to his subconscious (For Anno, loneliness, depression, inability to communicate with others) will transpire into the work.

>t. literal samefag

her

Well other than that she is a really cute red head, with blue eyes, slender boy and pale skin. Many people empathize with her tragic past.

Literally me.

>self inserting
get out

Well the one more final title, it did say "I need you"

So I guess being in intrumentality wasn't the same without Shinji, so Asuka need him.

I self insert as Shinji and that I get a cute red head at the end of the world. Is that wrong?

its cool...
I guess....

you can't self insert as a side character, and BTW asuka should be the protagonist and BTW you can't keep driving off asuka fans.

I wonder how Asuka will react when Shinji looks like Gendo when he's older.

Post some happy Asuka motherfuckers.

>when Shinji looks like Gendo when he's older.
doubt it breh.

Well he's just 14, hard to say.

>>>/evageeks/

Instrumentality is like the internet but amplified. It's the illusion of having anything you want, while in fact you never leave your coccoon, and the experience you can have is always limited by all the things you left behind. And contact in instrumentality is always contact with an idealized, distorted image of a person (sound familiar?). It's not meaningful communication, it's emotional voyeurism and a self-help version of an mmo.
For someone who's experienced real closeness and desire at least once in their life, instrumentality must be worse than hell. Although I take it someone like Touji and Kensuke would just enjoy it and make up worlds and shit.

Sounds like its some sort of playground, you could literally wish for anything. Your idealized world, but Asuka and Shinji found they didn't like it.

Sup Forums - Evangelion discussion

Anything, except someone like her again. It's fucking hell, it's what it is. Who cares how much gold is there on the chains.

He might as well ended up in hell. The sky was red, sea is red and he's stuck with an evil succubus for the rest of his life.

>evil succubus
Yeah that Rei head will take a while to decompose.

Ayanami is still around but is just an omnipotent being. but I wonder if it was her idea to respawn Asuka right near Ikari-kun.

A world where everything reminds him of her? Thank you for clearing that out for me.

Sadamoto knows what's up.

Absolutely disgusting.