Does anyone still read this?

Does anyone still read this?

I always forget it exists, then check and there are two more chapters out.
It's alright.

Same

I do. The art is really pretty and I like how the MC has a heart of gold. Said this, it's kinda boring and the suits they wear surely don't help.

I wish I wasn't

Yeah I'm still reading it but I honestly forget to check every month

don't use retarded sources for images
some random shitter doesn't need to be there

calm down buddy

I read for angels butt.

post some

What is that? It looks so edgy.

Platinum End

It's extremely edgy. I remember it being edgier than Death Note within the first few chapters.

The first chapter is an edgefest, that's for sure. They must have been going for shock, since the rest of the chapters are more subdued in comparison.

Death Note was edgy?

a notebook titled "Death Note" that can kill people by writing their name in it is edgy, yes.

No.
So what? Humans are not intended to use it.

I don't think you got "edgy" term right

>Humans are not intended to use it.

But the entire premise of the manga was that one did. And what he did was edgy.

>Edgy: Applied to books, music, or even haircuts which tend to challenge societal norms and reveal the dark side

I'd say that a human using a magical notebook to murder people is edgy.

I legitimately only read it for the art. At least the way their women are written aren't complete dogshit like Death Note and Bakuman. Misa and Kaya have to be two of the worst written female characters I've ever seen.

I'd argue that having the protagonist being the villain is what made it edgy as well as showing what happens when a somewhat normal person gets a power they should not have.

>death note is now considered edgy
Now this is neo-Sup Forums, fantastic! The invasion of SJWs and normals has corrupted Sup Forums.

This.
Death Note was possibly the least edgy way they could have pulled off a concept like that.

>But the entire premise of the manga was that one did.
He first tried it while unsure it was even real and not just a joke. After ascertaining it's the real deal, he put it to use, as quite a number of people would. That's criminal, not "edgy".
>I'd say that a human using a magical notebook to murder people is edgy.
I'd say it's no different from any weapon used with malice other than it's certain to kill the victim. The person using it is a criminal. And that's exactly what the series portrays.

>having the protagonist being the villain is what made it edgy
Villainous antiheroes is nothing new. MacBeth and Richard III are the protagonists and villains of their stories.

The concept of a protagonist not being a goody two-shoes will always be interesting. It worked for DN especially because it's a shounen series.

Literally this. Shame its so mediocre, I hope the duo get a better story out next time.

They could take out any of the ideas they came up for Bakuman and they'd probably be more interesting.

No,is fuckin garbage

Death Note has been Hot Topic cringe tier for years. It was fucking fun at its peak, though.

>Death Note has been Hot Topic cringe tier for years
Only because the primary character was Light. If it was L it'd be a bit easier to swallow, but our main lens character was a fucking sociopath. L may be autistic as fuck but he did actually care. That serial killer focal point is what appealed to edgy teens.

Personally I was always more interested in the mechanics of the Death Note and how they'd work around them.

I do, but i am not really invested in this. Obata is best when doing realistic-ish art instead of fantasy. And the writer is not good as well, interesting premise but it turns into regular japanese-ish-superhero battle

You know that "edgy" doesn't necessarily mean "bad" right? It just means that whatever it is is riddled with angst, unfortunate events, and (when most people use it, even though it's also not necessary for something to be edgy) darker aesthetic themes. It's a Webster word, so look it up.

Deathnote is a manga about a grade-A, gold star student that also turns out to be a latent sociopath. He goes on a murderous rampage against the "filth" of humanity and then tries to kill the special investigators who come for him. He also uses a bubbly goth ditz who falls for him as a pawn.