/SIG/ Self Improvment General - LANGUAGE EDITION

Part of commanding oneself is commanding the words that come out your mouth. How better to demonstrate mastery of your own language by taking another and taking command of their words. I very recently came back from Belgium and, with basic form, I spoke French confidently and it was received very well by locals.

Any advice or tips to help improve anons with making moves towards learning a foreign language by those who have taken steps to command another language are welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/10/171018113538.htm)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you sound like a faggot

French sounds like someone trying to speak English with a fat cock in their mouth

Step one: label everything in your house with post-its in the target language. Literally everything.

Step two: consume as much of the target media as possible. avoid english as much as possible. alcohol is scientifically known to benefit in this venture (sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/10/171018113538.htm)

Step three: I call this "the nightmare period" because you will have fucked up dreams. this is a good time to start looking for human beings to practise with, either outside or online.

Step four: everyone is going to hate you for like 17 years until you get the accent right so practise your fucking accent you filthy americans.

Step five: have a mental breakdown because you wasted four years learning frisian and ikpeng

uncalled for

Oh, forgot to mention that although some people might be happy you learned their language, other people will wonder what (((economic benefit))) you saw in doing it. I mean, "we rather learn english than teach you the language that will be useless if you travel 400 miles". practising with kids is good because they use limited vocabulary.

>Any advice or tips to help improve anons with making moves towards learning a foreign language
Apps from the app store, I prefer duolingo, but you have other ones.
Self improvement is best improvement, go be a cuck somewhere else.

>uncalled for
same as the 8 seconds meme!
I must hurt those who cross me

>drinking alcohol
>improving yourself
can't fool me with your test-killing poison, shlomo

Can confirm the alcohol thing. I speak Polish much better when I’m wasted and I’m not even kidding

that's why I provided (((sources))) :D

1. Get a frequency dictionary like now. I recommend the ones from mostusedwords.com (check their website or Amazon)

2. get Michel Thomas method. bit overpriced but hey cheaper then actually taking classes - more effective too I'd say.

>go outside for a run
>remember I live in Baltimore
Hah. Maybe in the next life

>what is kevlar

stop limiting yourself!

>buy this particular dictionary goy
nice try jew, trying to sell me dictionaries

what's the coolest langauge to learn for reading things in their original language? I'm torn between French and German right now desu

This. Safety + gains from the kevlar weight.
No excuses.

Would anyone of you anons be interested in reading mein kampf in original German with the English translation side to side?

French and German will give you near-recycled clones of the English versions. Would suggest chinese but you will cuss at me.

Well they have phonetic pronuncation and example sentences from [target language] to English, unlike others. So yeah I do shill them because they're actually decent

but isn't chinese a meme language?

chinese is mind poison, yes.

but it's also extremely politically incorrect.

Daily reminder that English is the only based language.