JoJo Thread

DIO is about to pound everyone in this thread.
Do you accept him, or do you try to stop him ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mYejiyARQwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FzvQG66Meec
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck off DIO

Gappy makes me happy

Would you let DIO have some of your favorite ice cream?

Valentine selfless man who did nothing wrong.

Only if he asked nicely.

And gave me a stand.

I ask for the permission to marry your daughter

DELET THIS

What's stopping him from just stealing it in the frozen time?

I want an ability/concept like "Purple Haze" where he is pretty powerful/unstable power without being OP/have it be done right. What do you think would be good idea for this?

>Implying DIO isn't a gentleman who'd at least ask first.

Literally nothing.
I just want a damn stand.

Can we take a minute to talk about how this guy truly did nothing wrong?

Is this a Jojo reference?

>DIO
>Not doing whatever he wants whenever he feels like it

>Selling drugs
>Nothing wrong

Akira is now the main villain of Part 4. Red Hot Chili Pepper is capable of using it's own variations of Sheer Heart Attack and Bites The Dust. as well as Stray Cat.
What changes in Part 4 ? Would you still like it ?

>implying there's anything wrong with drugs

Is Josefumi Joseph's illegitimate son?

これはジョジョの引用ですか?

Why did he get the worst faith out of all the villains?

Those without manners don't deserve to live.

>tried to kill his daughter who didn't even know who her dad was
>nothing wrong

drugs are bad m'kay

Can we agree that Kars was sexy?

Be careful what you wish for. You'd prob get some bullshit like Superfly or Cheap Trick

yes

>wanting to keep a liability around

Says you

Ah, good point.
That said there's also a chance i'd get something cool like RHCP or The hand.
I'd be fine with something basic, but just having an extra pair of limbs would be nice.

>Dio is the weakest final villain in the series
>Dio is the most shallow
>The Dio related parts (1,3 and 6) are the worst
>Dio continues to exist as a magnet for meme spewing retards
Dio is the worst character in the series.

And me

I wish. Normies be talking about bite za dust now

Dio always seem to care quite a lot about manners now that I remember.
Like properly eating when having dinner, asking to Pucci permission to stay for the day in the church or asking Vanilla Ice to open the door instead of erasing it

Yes
He needs more art with the hood tho

>weakest final villain in the series
That's Kira. And not a bad thing
>Dio is the most shallow
That's Kars.
>The Dio related parts (1,3 and 6) are the worst
I don't see Part 2 in there.
>implying Kira hasn't become the new meme villain

>Wanting to cover that beautiful hair

Anyone have the "here's your reciept" gif/webm?

Most of that is just Dio being ironic and in line with his sense of humor (inapproprietly casual at weird circumstances).

For example, in Part 1, even at his worst Dio still considers himself a gentleman (some of it in an ironic/self-aware manner and some of that’s how Dio likes to view himself). Speaking French to Poco's sister, calling her Mademoiselle, crushing his mutant monsters for "not being polite", pretending to give her a choice. You see that a lot with Dio. He calls a lot of people “friends” who clearly aren’t, and he gives people (like that mother and her baby and later Polnareff) the “respect” of a choice that turns out to have only one outcome, he’s disrespecting them.

Dio is a liar and an insane monster. The worst thing you can do is take most of what he says at face value, a lot of his character has to do with the rift between how he speaks to people and where the real truth is.

So the entire reason for part 4 happening is because the Duwang gang can't tell the cops about Kira, right?
Because he destroys all evidence with his stand?

So why doesn't Jotaro, a scientist that knows dozens of other stand users, tell like the UN about stands?
Surely they can't just deny the existence of stands if dozens or maybe even hundreds of people come forward with powers.

They couldn't call it a hoax after Josuke destroys a plate of spaghetti in front of the UN and then fixes it right there on the spot.
Jotaro could literally teleport in front of them.

Then there could be like an international stand police whose job it is to deal with evil stand users like Kira.
Imagine if every time a Kira type guy shows up, 20 stand cops appear and beat the shit out of him.

I have no idea why no one in the JoJo universe has ever thought of this despite the ridiculous advantages.
Plus it would mean anyone who gains a stand without understanding what it is or if their stand is dangerous them, they'd have a resource of information that can help them and a network of people with knowledge on the subject and possibly abilities that could help.

Or has Araki just not thought of this

Think X-men
Chances are the government would try to fuck them over

Or maybe you are overly complicating things

It wouldn't be as entertaining.
But damn i'd love to see a series centered around something like that.

part 9 will be stand x men, screenshot this

What could the cops possibly do to Kira? There is no way to prove he did the murders. Rohan even says it was best that he died in an accident since he would never be able to get justice.

I think that Araki wants to write about weird shit happening between weird people, not weird shit happening to normal people. Or normal people happening to weird shit, for that matter.

>a scientist that knows dozens of other stand users tell like the UN about stands?
Because that takes the story to an X-Men level of thing where the focus becomes real life consequences of multiple people with superpowers living in society, and that would just be detrimental to the flow of the series.
And most Stand users don't want to have their powers openly acknowledged and prefer to keep a secret. Plus, most of them are evil so there's that.

>They couldn't call it a hoax after Josuke destroys a plate of spaghetti in front of the UN and then fixes it right there on the spot.
They could, and likely would. Imagine the uses a government could make of Stand users.
Again, it becomes an X-Men type of thing.

>Then there could be like an international stand police whose job it is to deal with evil stand users like Kira.
I like this idea but for a spin-off.

Honestly, it's not a terrible idea, but it's a best a needless complication of a well established premise, and at worst, an active detriment to what makes the series good in the first place.

>Alternate timeline where stands, vampires, etc. all become well known facts after the showdown with DIO
How does the series of events change?

Doesn't Speedwagon basically cover the job of an international stand police-force anyway? They have people like Jotaro and Polnareff working for them and are clearly used to and equipped to deal with weird stand shit.

Because:
1. Stand powers are completely unpredictable so you'd end up giving people cheap trick tier shit
2. Stand powers are invisible to non-stand users so there is massive abuse of power available
3. You'd be encouraging the start of a stand arms race which could only end with the world being destroyed by Bohemian Rhapsody tier shit
4. Rather than end violence it would open the door to complete chaos as stand users are continuously drawn to each other
It is the worst idea you could possibly have.

I get that, but it's better than relying on high schoolers to sort things out quietly every time a crazy guy with a stand decides he wants to destroy the world.

Hey man, if Jotaro or whoever just said in passing "the general population would never accept stand users, we have to keep it secret" I'd be fine. I understand why it hasn't been done from a writing standpoint because that'd be less interesting, just not an in-universe standpoint.

Yeah I know. But imagine if all they had to do was go to a police station and say "hey, call the stand cops. They'll be able to see the giant pink cat behind him, we'll stage a sting operation."

It's obviously not public knowledge though. Nobody knows what stands are except stand users and their friends. Whatever the Speedwagon Foundation does with stands, it's secretive, and therefore not able to reach everyone it possibly could.

What was Dio's endgame ?

putting Skull Queen through all the filters on that Dreamscope site, to make the ultimate cat-skeleton abomination

He sold addictive drugs to kids, my man

Stand powa

then what?

wouldn't his life be better if he stuck with his father's plan on just leeching from the joestar family?

Za Warudo Oba Hebun

ONLY RESULTS
ONLY RESULTS REMAIN IN THIS WORLD

>an international stand police

>we will never get a Jojo that joins SWF and he goes from place to place hunting down vampires and other stand users

>Sup Forums has already forgotten about the most powerful character in the Jojo universe

Ruling over everything in a passive-aggressive way
Heaven was just a way to make things easier

That was the plan until he became a vampire then he started to dream big

I'm not saying use arrows to create more stand users. Just create public knowledge of stands so that six year olds who start shooting fire can find out what the hell is going on, and recruit anyone willing to watch out for stand dangers around the world.

An entire universe was destroyed because the only people around to fight Pucci were a bunch of delinquents and a marine biologist.

I'm sure in a realistic scenario, governments would start pumping out new stand users or some shit, but really I don't ask for THAT much realism.
Just a quick line or two explaining why nobody has ever thought of this idea would be fine by me.

Is it even necessary to provide an in-universe standpoint in the first place when the answer is already obvious from a writing standpoint ?
There's multiple points in the series even when the characters state that they must protect their loved ones and keep them out of their dangerous lives (that's kind of Jotaro and Jolyne's entire relationship).
I mean, imagine if Jotaro went to Shigechi's parents and said "your missing son was killed by a serial killer with superpowers, there's dozens of them in this town so you better watch out, bye".
It's just not necessary to waste time on such a pointless explanation.

>we'll never get a jojo SJW

His endgame was to be a complete evil badass. Do whatever he wanted and shit.

Mr. President is pretty OP

If the world knew about Stand users, they would be discriminated against and driven to do even more horrible shit. Better leave it to the Speedwagon Foundation.

Who is that?

Because the reason from a writing standpoint is "it would make things too easy." If there's an easy answer available, not addressing it gets annoying.
It's JoJo so I give it a pass, but it's another problem on top of the pile of "Joseph could've used Hermit Purple to find Kira" issues that you just have to let slide because Araki won't stop forgetting.

As a writer it makes sense why he wouldn't do it. It doesn't make sense for the characters not to think of it. It just makes them look stupid to not even think about it once.

>People still think KC is hard to understand
>The wiki exists

Roped Brian the vampire from Part 2

The door guy in BT

Anyone who thinks KC is hard to understand is probably memeing.

Pre-retconning?

No clue. He must have just thought he could walk up to every president of every country and say "I'm a gay vampire, give me your country."

>Roped Brian
Nigga that's Lassoed Bob.

>He hasn't met face to face with some dipass who has ZERO (0) clue to how KC or Epitaph works

It's pain

*Tied Bart

True patricians are trying to figure out how Gold Experience works.

>There's still lots of people thinking 7 & 8 are a product of the ending of 6
>No one bats an eye at Made in Heaven

Epitaph is crazy easy to understand though.
It's basically future sight, but you can't avoid the outcome.

KC is a little weird to understand but Epitaph is textbook shit.

*Binded Bill

why didn't DP just end quiet life 1 on this frame? they could've added a quick filler or slightly extend one of the scenes to fit the runtime

Does anyone else really like part 6 but feel overwhelmed by how unpleasantly gory it gets at times

maybe I'm just a pussy

Nice Crunchyroll-tier names. If you could actually read Japanese you'd know his name was Hooked Brett.

There were still 10 seconds left in the episode but they didn't realise that until hours before the episode air, so they had to rush the fuck outta it

I'd argue Valentine has it worse
Some say he's still spinning to this day

>He thinks they're serious

Leave now ya fuckin weebo

>Hooked Brett
Are you sure you read Jojo? That Entangled fucking Bruce.

>unpleasantly gory
This is literally in the first few pages of Phantom Blood.

But Johnny stopped the spin
Valentine had a normal death by being shot in the head

youtube.com/watch?v=mYejiyARQwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FzvQG66Meec

Listen. You can hear the words right? It's not just in my head.
My friend and I have been arguing about this. YOU CAN HEAR THE WORDS! I HEAR THEM FUCK

I can deal with impalings better than skin being ripped off or grotesquely deformed

In that universe

That's just because of shitty midi converters.

I can sorta hear it in Great Days but my mind is probably just reaching because the OP is so familar to me now