Viking Women wuz warriors?

>the fascination with women warriors, both in popular culture and in academic discourse, is heavily, probably too heavily, influenced by 20th- and 21st-century desires." Today, many of us are eager to find examples of woman leaders in the past who are just as badass as our woman leaders today. And that might lead to misunderstanding history.
>The overwhelming preponderance of evidence suggests that women in the Viking world were expected to run households, serve the men, and bear children.

arstechnica.com/science/2017/09/have-we-finally-found-hard-evidence-for-viking-warrior-women/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_the_military_by_country#Sweden
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>eager to find examples of woman leaders in the past who are just as badass as our woman leaders today
uh who are these modern day badass women leaders?
>in b4 'Hildawg, dude'

Pagans knew how to fight, unlike the common scum...

This seems like common sense.
A woman can die on the battlefield in a pathetic way or she can stay home safe and produce 8 more warriors.

99% of humans who have ever lived have had 'far right' views like this.

Probably a hint of what liberal indoctrination has done.
Viking (and other warrior) women are attractive because men expect them to be equals.
Turns out, they aren't.

>vikings
>warriors
KEK. literal sheep stealers and monk slayers are considered warriors now? Vikings were fucking pathetic, honestly wouldn't be shocked if they employed women in their ranks.

>amerimutt
>talking about warriors

I'd raid her pooper, if you catch my drift.

There are exceptions to the rule. This isn’t that hard. The vast majority of women in the ancient and medieval world stayed in the house and served the men. Every now and then an outlier like Joan of Arc or Boudicca appeared - but these were rare exceptions.

Vikings where literally the niggers of europe

No they weren't. They were great sailors and great warriors. If they were niggers, they wouldn't have settled nearly anywhere they wanted. If anything, the celts and anglo saxons were the niggers being colonized.

It is my experience that most modern women who obsess over being strong and defensible and try to live up to the "warrior woman" image, are usually psychologically traumatized and have all sorts of issues because of past abuse.

it's more like a coping mechanism then anything else.

Nah

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_the_military_by_country#Sweden

>live in huts, had no architecture, low intelligence, little to no culture
>only thing they were good at was being violent and even then were btfo'ed by those evil christcucks that genocided over 200 billion pagans

Sure sound like niggers to me

>Swastika flag
>hates Vikings

You seem confused

is this ironic or is he autistic

What did he mean by this?

Most people lived in huts then.

>nazi
>hates neo pagans
>puts picture of himself in a retarded strawman meme
>is unironically claiming to be a Christian nazi in 2k17

I mean I'd pillage her shitbox.

Boudicca was a war leader rather than a warrior though. And Joan of Arc was a religious figurehead and not even a war leader.

>It is my experience that most modern women who obsess over being strong and defensible and try to live up to the "warrior woman" image, are usually psychologically traumatized and have all sorts of issues because of past abuse.
>it's more like a coping mechanism then anything else.

99% of normal women find the best way to express their feminine strengths and find purpose in life is through running a household and raising children. Almost like they evolved this way or something, like a species has to reproduce and raise children to survive...

Sadly we push women into the military, muh SCIENCE, etc. If you've ever been around women in these fields, there are a few outliers who are capable and motivated. The majority seem fucking miserable.

Try to remember that what you see on tv is entertainment.

>woman leaders in the past who are just as badass as our woman leaders today
This is actually a fucking slap in the face of women in history that were actually "badass". Could you imagine comparing Freydís Eiríksdóttir to Hillary Clinton or Elizabeth Warren? How about comparing Joan of Arc to Theresa May or Angela Merkel?

Fuck, we're so contemptuous.

Thank fuck someone noticed this shit, too.

I always thought the whole thing with viking women warriors was a meme.
There were actual examples tho among some celtic and slavic tribes, mostly cossacks.

I don't think anyone seriously believes that you had ranks of shield maidens among the men in significant numbers.

The point has always been, you may have a woman or two who could tag along on a viking and fought, because for the most part they were coastal raiders. So it's not such a huge burden for Hilda to take her pa's axe and go kill some farmers and steal their goats and cheese, especially if she's tagging along with a husband or male relatives.

This isn't "warrior women", this is women raiders basically, fighting peasants not soldiers. And in small numbers to boot, alongside majority men. Though to be fair, Scandis are big fuckers. Imagine you're some manlet malnourished farmer, way back when people were already shorter, and some big blonde bitch a foot taller and bulkier all around is kicking in your door. When all you've got is a pitchfork and she's armed and somewhat armored and even just a little fighting experience, is gender really going to matter? Or worse, imagine you're a poorly, peaceful monk.

Again, Hilda may not be a warrior woman, just as "viking warrior women" don't exist practically, but she can still bully you until the soldiers come.

There is evidence for high ranking wives in the Viking families to have the keys to the place. Often hanging around their neck. They held the home strong and dealt with internal politics, while the men did the things that were required out and about. Warrior women though? Ehh...

>nazi flag
>not the surest sign of a shill after an israeli flag

we wuz...

this is probably the cringiest shit i've ever read in my entire life. are these people fucked in the head?

Kathryn Winnicka is so absolutely perfectly hot....

Reminder Ivar The Boneless is about to kill this bitch in the show.

incorrect.
viKANGZ were barely "warriors".
Their military experience comprised of fighting fishermen and women and stealing children to raise and teach their technologies.
Literally niggers.

CELTIC women fought, because they had to, to keep viKANGZ away from them.
that's why viKANGz are really good at copying things and regurgitating things like parrots (academia), and celtic people actually invent things and build things and shit their pants and generally be faggots

You guys are missing the point.

The british are such fags some women can hold a shield wall against them.

French poetry warms my heart

I'd sail my drakkar in her brown waters. I'd breach her shieldwall. See watamean ?

bonjour baguette merde

It is almost certain that women that were buried with weapons were isolated case of women inheriting either parents or husband with lack of adult male heir, rare case of woman being head of family. Add prominent family to the mix and you have symbols of power like sword and other weapons.

Yes. We can agree on that.

Whatever lie helps you sleep at night

But would you eat her blood eagle?

** blocks your path **
what do?

The fascination with warrior women is much older than that and it was almost exclusively a male fantasy in art. Feminists only hijacked it in the 20th century.

thank american jews for that
something died in me when I watched the 2004 King Arthur movie where Guinevere was depicted as some sort of amazon fighter
Can't bother watching any blockbuster historical series/movie since then

What point is there in negating differences between males and females historically?
How is it even helping the feminist cause?
Like, you want to make science fiction with a strong female warrior lead ala mad max or star wars, why not
But stop messing with history ffs

Kikes ALWAYS trying to reverse gender roles

Some women got berried with a sword, notice she didnt have any INJURIES or bone damage that indicates death from battle.

Some husband probably buried his wife with a precious sword. end of story.

KYS kikes.

Power struggle. If you can actually impose that worldview on society, it's like raping the whole culture.

Walk around the mountain

Bilogically warrior women are not likely but possible. Would bet it has to do mostly with testosterone levels.yes, women have that too but low level and it gets usually cancelled out by estrogen. Testosterone and estrogen strongly shape the developing brain. So women will usually be rather peaceful and more suited for staying at home. HOWEVER under certain corcumstances a population may select for high testosterone women and that has one simple reason. Male fetuses are strongly influenced by their mother's testosterone levels during pregnancy. If testosterone is high the unborn males may become more intelligent and aggressive. The disadvantage however is that high testosterone tends to make women less fertile.

Also, humans have a factor (syncytin) which controls pregnancy and is only produced from the father's genes. This factor also helps with building up muscle (has been shown in male mice recently) which may explain higher muscle mass in males.

>just as badass as our woman leaders today
Pic related

No one has ever suggested that women in Viking societies didn't do the above, at least no one with a functional brain. Naturally they would be the ones caring for the household and children.

At most they have been used to carry shields in shield walls, which was a common tactic deployed by vikings, but most certainly when they passed their most fertile years or in desperate need of 'warriors'. There's a reason the term shield maiden was coined.

lol, whats with that hair? With what did the vakangz substituted hair gel?

Yeah whatever, didn't even read the OP, I am here just to point out that Katheryn Winnick is an actual, legit, true 10/10

But then, why would they have warrior women in their mythology then? Valkyries and shit. It would be strange to include such a thing if it was unheard of in real life.

Pure cuckdom, absolute extinction tier degeneracy.

Dunno. They did however have some kind of plant/flower oil to bleach their hair though, it also helped against lice. Most of those who werent already blond used it

the only warrior women were
A) amazon who literally had to chop their tits off just to fight and they still got BTFO
B) germans who stood on top of wagons and threw rocks at romans before killing their kids and themselves

>tfw God exists

We wuz queenz n shieeet

Original pic related, Sven. Also, read up some MSM feminist bullshit and you'd realize that there are people pushing that.

Praise Allah

I concur.

I know that Roman women bleached their hair with pigeon dung. But yeah some oil makes sense, but other vikangz in that show don't have such gel hairstyle.
What also bothers me is absolute lack of any armor, only Ivar seems to have tiny patch of chain on his shoulder and some awkward helmet, others have nothing. wtf. Whats your take on, as you probably know much more about that.

>thinking elaborate halls and wooden structures that have since rotted away are mere huts

Shut up you dumb nigger. I think danes and norwegians are overrsted but your talking out of your ass with ignorance

Yeah, why would fairy tales deal with unreal immaginary characters.

>only nation to be actively engaged in war for over 99% of its history

It's a well known fact that no women on earth in the entirety of human history ever held or used a weapon before the year 2000.

There's evidence for and against the existence of shield maidens. I don't doubt there were some, and I honestly don't see an issue with strong female rolls in television and movies.

bitch looks like she tired just from posing with that fucking shield

PIDF will unironically reply to this post

Every picture is still a stab in my heart.

Top lel

Prepare to get stabbed with the force of a thousand suns, pic related

>armpit pussy

>Today, many of us are eager to find examples of woman leaders in the past who are just as badass as our woman leaders today
hahahahahahahahaha
the reason is that it's kinkier to fap to a truly badass women than to the everyday roastie.

i missed that and follow it with another top kek

I’m nkt the only one who noticed

Stop it.
Pls

>no shampoos or conditions full of chemicals which damage your scalp

Everyone had good hair back then.

>Who said ukrainians and slavs were subhumans

>"The accumulated beauty of all their sex and femininity will foam up about their waists and all the anons and tripfags will look up and shout 'Save us, stop it, pls!'
>And I'll look down, and whisper
>'No'"

Chainmail was for the rich so was swords. Most vikings probably ran around in their tunics with a shield, spear and maybe a helmet.

If women were warriors, one might have expected the historical sources to mention it.

If it was a rare thing, the sources would mention it because it was out of the ordinary for women to fight.

If it was a common thing, the sources would mention it because there would be no reason not to mention it.

The complete absence of documentary attestation of female warriors leads us to one very simple conclusion: women were not warriors.

Well so after so much raiding Ragnar sons should at least be armed better as well as their guards.

In all of the sagas women are always caretakers and providers, sometimes they are the cause of conflict between two men/families.
The only thing that comes to mind is some chich in vinland who nabbed a sword and a shield and banged on it to scare away the native americans.

and Boudicca was FIGHTING IN DEFENSE
most "Women Warriors" only fought when there were no more men available to protect their homes.

No matter how hard the movies try to make women warriors look 'badass', my brain just never takes them seriously. I've played sports with women who've trained for years to be the best they can be, and they're still wildly uncoordinated, weak, and indecisive in their movements. They're still small, light, and delicate by comparison to men.

So when I see them in movies, and one of their punches lands with a sickening 'thud' on a 225lb man, I just can't take it seriously. The actresses doing these moves probably can't open a pickle jar without help, but I'm supposed to believe she can land a full-force blow with her left arm, and it makes the sound of a baseball bat hitting a torso?

lmao

>

shes almost 40.