Property Taxes Are The Ultimate (((Shakedown)))

I hate taxes. Most Americans don't realize that when you add up all the different taxes, your REAL tax rate is around 75%. And the most egregious taxes are all forms of property tax. Think about it: You "own" something and yet have to pay a "tax" for something you supposedly "OWN".

I understand transaction taxes: Income, sales, import, corporate. They all suck, but at least they make sense. But how did we EVER come to accept a "tax" on something that we "own". If you have to pay money for something that you "own" then you don't really own it.

YOU ARE A FUCKING SERF PAYING YOUR (((MASTER))) FOR THE RIGHT TO HIS LAND. IF YOU DON'T PAY YOUR (((MASTER))) YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM "YOUR" LAND.

The only reason I noticed myself is that it seems like the most corrupt liberal shitholes seem to overwhelmingly depend on property taxes. It's nearly impossible to avoid them and they can raise them whenever they want and you can't do shit about it. The worst liberal libcuck school districts get 100% of their money from property taxes. The most worthless overpaid city workers and police departments get their funding from property taxes. Their wages go up year after year, and yet everything they fund seems to just get shittier and more cucked. Every other tax if they raise it too high, then people will start to avoid it by buying less, moving, buying online, changing jobs, or changing states.

Final Thought: (I will get EVISCERATED for saying this) There should be a constitutional amendment against ALL forms of "ownership taxes". If the government want their shekels then the have to actually make the people PROSPEROUS, and not secretly steal their accumulated wealth.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/10/10/us/politics/kansas-tried-a-tax-plan-similar-to-trumps-it-failed.html
unvis.it/www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/us/politics/kansas-tried-a-tax-plan-similar-to-trumps-it-failed.html
youtube.com/watch?v=HOMWMi4d-Wg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I own 4.98 acres and I pay property taxes on it.
The taxes support the long ass road that goes to my property and the sherrifs department that keeps you out of my neighborhood.

taxation is theft but that doesn't fucking matter.

stop being poor.

>you never really own a parcel of land
>property taxes are basically just lease payments to the government

Both my parents are attorneys and have been telling me this since I was a child.

I would unironically love to live in a cuckshed. They look comfy as fuck.

buy land that's either ag exempt or commercially zoned fuckin moron

Honestly I would like to see property taxes get raised a lot more.

Would love to see my libtard neighbors go down in flames.

Poor are worthless anyways.

income tax < sales tax < property tax

Property taxes are the hardest to dodge and the easiest to keep keep funds local

>have a shitty house
>gradually ruin it over time
>tax assessor sees a shitty house

your move, neighbor

same

>have to pay a "tax" for something you supposedly "OWN".

How can you "own" something you didn't pay for? (((Federal Reserve Notes))) are evidence of a debt not money. I think you would need actual money to own something.

Research the topic of "patent deeds" and true ownership of real property. There's a lot of bullshit out there but some genuine information as well if you have some time to research.

I didn't even get to "Registration Fees" for cars in the OP. I have a 28 year old car with a blue book value of $400. I've maintained it and it runs fine so I see no reason to get rid of it. It also gets 35 mpg. Last year my "registration fee was" $128. That's a 32% tax rate on property I "own".

My brother-in-law just bought a $40k truck for work and his ranch. He pays $650 EVERY YEAR, plus the taxes on gas.

Take a wild guess which libcuck state I live in?

Good goys. Gotta pay for dem programs.

Ag exempt. Yes goyem. Jew the jew. Put some fruit trees or goats on your land and then get an AG exemption. I hear this is VERY popular in Montana especially with the billionaires who own "ranches". Good luck doing that with your 1/10 of an acre.

>when the first post is the best post

Plus, property taxes don't require the government to monitor your every move.

But the "best" taxes are probably tariffs, since enforcing them requires the government to actually do its jobs and watch the borders.

You don't pay for anything else as a percentage of your income. Why should you pay government that way?

Thanks to prop 13 in CA, property taxes are only 1% of assessed value and change. I’ve heard property taxes can get a hell of a lot worse though.

Congratualtions. You don't read your history and you don't pay attention to current events. You're doubly ignorant.
This farce has been foisted on morons for the past 40 years and for some inexplicable reason you still enjoy taking it in the as* and are asking for more. Corporations are not people (they are not sentient) and they don't pay taxes with the rates as they are, what make you think they will when they are lower. It's going offshore and in their pockets you dumb f*cks!
nytimes.com/2017/10/10/us/politics/kansas-tried-a-tax-plan-similar-to-trumps-it-failed.html
At a bare minimum, you need to tie the "alleged" tax benefits to serious criminal consequences when their allegations turn out to be bullsh*t. Then we will have accountability.

unvis.it/www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/us/politics/kansas-tried-a-tax-plan-similar-to-trumps-it-failed.html

They do. After I file my taxes I’m getting a chuck shed on my property. I need place a to hang out for when my wife’s boyfriend comes over to visit.

I’m going to put in a nice wood stove and chill.

"Pay up or be homeless." But at least I'm not being spied on. Of course the appraiser has to come out and not "not spy" on you every few years, to make sure you didn't improve your land, build a treehouse, or are growing pot.

I would be happy with just one simple tax. Like a simple progressive income tax. For both state and federal. The reasons to have so many different taxes is to hide the true enormity of our tax burden. If people realized that they were paying 75% tax they would sperg out.

>The taxes support the long ass road that goes to my property and the sherrifs department that keeps you out of my neighborhood.

Same for me, but they also go to the schools filled with illegal immigrants.

Never get a thanks for paying for third world sprogs that hate me. Feelsgayman.

I totally agree. I pay $2100 per year on a $65k house

>Like a simple progressive income tax.
>progressive income tax
>simple

Clearfield Doctrine:
"Governments descend to the level of a mere private corporation, and take on the characteristics of a mere private citizen . . . where private corporate commercial paper [Federal Reserve Notes] and securities [checks] is concerned . . . For purposes of suit, such corporations and individuals are regarded as entities entirely separate from government."
challenge property tax by requesting the mutually agreed upon contract

They dont watch the borders they watch the ports which is a miniscual section of any border

>your REAL tax rate is around 75%.

How is this not communism?

You give and get nothing back.

>you can always move out to an unincorporated city. I have rural semi residential zoning and I can get away with a whole lot on my property without permits. If you’re building a detached cuck shed, it doesn’t require a permit as long as it’s 120 sq ft or less.

>...enacted a tax cut that eliminated state INCOME TAXES entirely for pass-through entities...
/ignore

It is communism. FDR was a leftist communist. Public school, eminent domain, social security. All planks of the communist manifesto. FDR should have been murdered like a pig

>That's a 32% tax rate on property I "own".

That’s bs. In CA they just raised the gas tax, in addition to that, they are collecting fee on electric vehicles that get away without paying the gas tax. Called a “road improvement fee”

The state doesn’t want to come up with a long term solution to fix our roads, so the longest commuters are getting fucked.

>My brother-in-law just bought a $40k truck for work and his ranch. He pays $650 EVERY YEAR, plus the taxes on gas.

Is he in CA?

>so the longest commuters are getting fucked.

The more you use the roads the more you should have to pay
How is this a bad thing?

Still better than paying rent and you get to keep the house as an investment. There is no absolute property, only positive and negative P/L.

if it doesn't have wheels
you'll be paying more in taxes

if it's big and has wheels
you'll be paying thousands to move it

better to buy a mobile van and deck it out like this...

youtube.com/watch?v=HOMWMi4d-Wg

>revolt against the british for taxes
>fuck up countless countries to "stop teh commies"
>still getting fucked by taxes by their own gov
>is unironically proud that his taxes buys his "greatest ally's" nukes

I completely understand that argument. But the longest commuters are usually forced to move to affordable communities because there’s a lack of affordable housing in the areas they work in, so they move to and accept longer commutes as a trade off for hosing they can afford, when the gas tax increases, they’re negatively impacted by it. With fuel efficiency increasing, the state collects less revenue to repair its roads, it makes little effort to find a permanent solution, and always rushes to increase the gas tax, knowing it’s not a sustainable solution. This comes even after a major transportation bill was passed, effectively doubling funding for transportation projects/repairs state wide, but then they need even more money from people who are close to being pushed out of the state because the tax burdens are too much.

Only property tax owners should have the right to vote

Simple Progressive Income Tax:
> 1 Whatever the poverty level is pay 0%.
> 2 For every dollar over that pay a FLAT 50%
> 3 Capital gains pays flat FLAT 50%
> 4 This is the ONLY tax, ALL others are repealed, except specific trade tariffs

Example:
Poverty rate $10,000
@ 10,000 you pay 0%
@ 20,000 you pay 25%
@ 30,000 you pay 33%
@ 40,000 you pay 38%
Capital gains is taxed at the max rate. Inherited property does NOT pay capital gains, and all property sales are indexed for inflation.

The ONLY two things the government can fiddle with are the poverty level and flat tax. If the government raises the poverty level then they have to give an indirect tax cut to all Americans. Of course this is too simple and would be impossible to hide the true tax rate with.

But how is Tyrone supposed to vote?

>from people who are close to being pushed out of the state
productive people should leave failed states

What is classified as income?
> 3 Capital gains pays flat FLAT 50%
Can you still deduct capital losses?

Property tax is levied by the state not the fed
Some states have no property tax at all
Thought congress should pass a law making property tax illegal

>productive people should leave failed states

You know, I’m coming considering it. I was speaking to a democrat running for office in CA and brought up the “tax burden on productive people” meme. They literally said, “good riddance”, when it comes to people leaving this state.

>Pay up more taxes for our illegals or get the fuck out, racist fuck.

In their mind, it’s better to have more people in this state that cannot afford to live here.

As long as the ENTIRE tax form fits on ONE side of ONE sheet of paper, sure whatever.

I am still thinking about business owners (especially with NO business, sales, or corporate taxes). They are not really investors (capital gains) and not really workers (wage slaves). Business owners might have to have a form with TWO pages [sic].

I always notice there’s never any commie larpers in these threads. Permanent rent slaves confirmed.

locations cost money

you dont own the ground under you, welcome to america

dont like it? move, you are not entitled to anything

a flat tax is a myth
people will always find ways to move money around to dodge it
Why not move to a sales or income tax

Property taxes should just be illegal. It is a tax on unrealized gains. I would rather see a local income tax instead. Paying more in taxes because my neighbor’s house sold is fucking bullshit.
In NJ they are so bad people who own their home have to move because the property taxes are 1500 a month. Some houses have a higher property tax escarow than principal and interest payment.

everyone is entitled to the fruits of his labor. Land, however, is not the fruit of anyone's labor, and our system of land tenure is based not on labor, but on decrees of privilege issued from the state, called titles. In fact, the term "real estate" is Middle English (originally French) for "royal state." The "title" to land is the essence of the title of nobility, and the root of noble privilege.

That is a problem with tax rates and overspending not with property taxes themselves

land taxes are to pay for public utilities the government provides, infrastructure such as roads, plowing, and etc
/thread

>hurr registering a vehicle is tax
>hurr public road maintenance and plowing, ditch digging are MUH PROGRAMS
>durr

>What follows is a tutorial on how to end poverty, slash housing prices and generally end all human misery with a few keyboard strokes

>Any government that is too lazy to delve into the economics can simply replace their land titles as follows.

>Here's what modern land titles normally look like. These are the ones you DON'T want to use.

People can move money around and avoid it because our taxes are complicated mess. Find a good account and avoid paying because the rules are crazy. A flat tax with a standard deduction solves all of that.
You may get away with a bit of funneling money through your business but in the end you have to get it into your account.

Just so we are all on the same page:
Each person gets a deduction X and pays tax on all income above X.
For example If X is 25k.
Anyone making less than 25k does not pay any taxes.
If your income at the end of the year is 50k. Subtract 25k and on the remaining balance pay your 15%.

(50-25)*.15=total tax due.
No way to hide your income into a bunch of shit.

>If the red makes you think, "But whaddabout the rental value of the building? Shouldn't we leave that to the landowner? No. Legitimate improvement expenses will simply lower the rent bidders will bid for the land title. They'll keep it from the start.

>Here's the correct kind. Replace your existing land titles with this template. Drink before reading; otherwise it'll make too much sense.

>Tax Land Not Man

No. Taxes do not surpass the laffer limit by that far stop making up numbers.

You still have the problem of what is considered income?
Do I have to pay taxes on my company car?
What if they put me up in a hotel for a business trip?

The only tax you cant hide from is a land value tax

nuff said......your right

Yes they overspend we know that. But property taxes are on unrealized gains. For example in haddonfield Nj people who lived their all their lives and own their property have to move because the property taxes are 25k. Why because rich people moved into other parts of town and paid huge sums of money for their homes. You did not see a gain they did but you have to pay for it. Now if it was income based and some rich douche bag moved in who made a gain now pays the tax on a gain. You still live in your house as normal.

I don't see how it is wrong. Burgerstan is fucked up. You pay taxes on your filthy cage and cage fuel because you demand 100 gorillion miles of roads to be built as your personal highway so you can shit up the environment and kill children. Someone has to pay for the roads. Should it be cyclists and transit users? Or filthy cage scum?

Sprawlfags want a mcmansion 50 miles from the city. That's 50 miles of pipes, cables, trash routes, schoolbus routes, police patrol, and other infrastructure that needs to be built and maintained. Who should pay for that? How about...the sprawlfag who demanded it be built far as fuck from everything just to be a pain in the ass and shit up the nature so he can "have privacy" aka get away from the niggers he wants supported by gibs?

Burgerstan is nothing but a sprawling shithole of stripmalls, suburban mcmansion farms, economic decay, environmental destruction, and cageways. It needs to be nuked.

Find a new way to pay for it you statist cock fiend. Property tax is fucking immoral and wrong, it's not fucking hard to understand why either. Maybe instead of funding the welfare state we could use that money for roads? Or how about firing Half of the useless beauracrats in the state and federal governments? Jesus Christ fucks like you will lick the boot even while they shoot you in the head and throw you in a ditch.

>roads in my city are awful
>city builds a new playground/park instead of investing into the road system
EOW THANKS I'M SURE GLAD MY TAX MONEY WENT TO SOMETHING WE NEEDED HURRRRRRR

>understands income tax

That's unconstitutional also.

paying to be alive? its a fucking tax on your existence cunt....even after our forefathers shedding blood to" make us free"
your a cuck

You don't know what tax is until you've lived in the Netherlands.

>if you want to live privately you are scum who needs to be taxed because we have to maintain roads that existed before you even bought said property

>calls other people statists

According to royal libertarians, land becomes private property when one mixes one's labor with it. And mixing what is yours with what is not yours in order to own the whole thing is considered great sport. But the notion is filled with problems. How much labor does it take to claim land, and how much land can one claim for that labor? And for how long can one make that claim?

According to classical liberals, land belonged to the user for as long as the land was being used, and no longer. But according to royal libertarians, land belongs to the first user, forever. So, do the oceans belong to the heirs of the first person to take a fish out or put a boat in? Does someone who plows the same field each year own only one field, while someone who plows a different field each year owns dozens of fields? Should the builder of the first transcontinental railroad own the continent? Shouldn't we at least have to pay a toll to cross the tracks? Are there no common rights to the earth at all? To royal libertarians there are not, but classical liberals recognized that unlimited ownership of land never flowed from use, but from the state

Property tax on homes is fair to society for me it's the having to pay a tax on your vehicle every year that burns my brisket.

For one an annual vehicle tax encourages shit tier cars on the roads cause people won't upgrade AND it's the only item you buy at a store that you never stop paying a tax on.

I could support it if it was limited to till the vehicle was paid off as that would insentience people to pay their debts down faster but as it stands it's pretty infuriating to think about. Such is life. Death and taxes.

Same dude
Real estate market is fucked

both property taxes and eminent domain show no one owns land
deeds mean nothing
try thinking land patents
and then ask
why don't you have one
where do you get one

>having any public service
Disgusting.

This chart is bullshit.
>Places some sort of market discipline on the government.
The one tax that is hardest to avoid is somehow the one most likely to make the government spend less?
>Encourages efficient use of land and buildings.
Bullshit. It turns land from a necessity for life and production to a commodity forever subject to speculation, and ponzi schemes. People hiding their loot from China don't care about property taxes because they are pump and dump investors. People who need that land for living or factories or farming CAN'T afford it. How the fuck is that efficient for REAL productivity. It's efficient for (((investors))). Everyone else gets fucked.
>Does payer receive benefits proportional to amount paid?
Million dollar home gets same city services as 100k home next door. So no.
>Takes into account ability to pay
If you get sick, or use your equity for retirement, then no. Only investors can pay ANY property tax.

Try harder next time.

gotta be bait

I am a State Certified Property Tax Appraiser, I can tell you all about the "Smoke and Mirrors" of Property Taxation.

the value of land is generated by the community.

if you want exclusive use of a parcel of land the community should be entitled to its rental value

You should only be able to own things that flow from labor. Land was given by god and is required for living.

state property /= common property.
Land should be held in commons

skippy im talking about a land value tax not a property tax, the are different. Ill save you some googling

A land/location value tax (LVT), also called a site valuation tax, split rate tax, or site-value rating, is an ad valorem levy on the unimproved value of land. Unlike property taxes, it disregards the value of buildings, personal property and other improvements to real estate.[1] Land value taxes are generally favored by economists as (unlike other taxes) it does not cause economic inefficiency, and it tends to reduce inequality.[2]

The real sneaky taxes are inflicted on public utilities by local government “franchise fees”... they are buried in your monthly fees. Everyone blames cable and phone companies for being greedy.. but in reality local government almost doubles the actual cost..

Why arent you a Geolibertarian yet Sup Forums?

Geolibertarianism is the belief that each individual has an exclusive right to the fruits of his or her labor, and thus an exclusive right to the value of those fruits; and that all individuals have an equal right to land, and thus an equal right to the value of land.

By embracing this belief, geolibertarians are simply taking the core libertarian principle of self-ownership to its logical conclusion: Just as the right to oneself implies the right to the fruit of one's labor (i.e., the right to property), the right to the fruit of one's labor implies the right to labor, and the right to labor implies the right to labor -- somewhere. Hence John Locke's proviso that one has "property" in land only to the extent that there is "enough, and as good left in common for others." When there is not, land begins to have rental value. Thus, the rental value of land reflects the extent to which Locke's proviso has been violated, thereby making community-collection of rent (CCR) a just and necessary means of upholding the Lockean principle of private property. In the late 19th century, CCR became known as the "Single Tax" -- a term often used to denote Henry George's proposal to abolish all taxation save for a single tax on the value of land (irrespective of the value of improvements in or on it).

Was it a business trip? Then business expense.
Is the car used for business? Then it’s a business expense.
Why is this so hard? At best you can hide stuff on the edges (ie. use your work truck to help a buddy on the week end).

I agree.
I understand a fixed number for all the services everybody enjoys (roads, water, garbage disposal, etc) and maybe even a % tax in certain products or services.

But other taxes are pure theft:
>Property tax
>Inheritance tax
>Income tax
They are literally tributes to pay to the feudal lord.

i think this shows were the taxes should be taken from

I hear these stories all the time especially in NJ. $200 left on the counter in the kitchen that was just renovated.
It is just as bad as the games people play with income tax

Yeah it sucks. I own 10 acres in OK and building a house with cash on five acres. My next door neighbor's taxes is $4040 for a 2000sqft brick house. Little tricks like keeping the two tracts separate (they can only raise taxes on the improved tract) buying a cow calf pair (now I have a farm and the associated deductions) find something the land can produce and sell, eggs, fruit, etc. Also bitch to county tax assessor every fucking time they even think about raising your rate. Make them prove their numbers, I bet they back off pretty quick. When I bought the second tract for $65k from my buddy who was going through a divorce (he paid 40k for it a year earlier) I immediately wrote a lengthy letter to county explaining that I over paid for the property in an effort to help my friend out, etc. That was 4 years ago and they have yet to raise the rate. County employees are people too and while they hold a seemingly unlimited power they hate being bitched at like anyone. Also threatening to contact your legislator also helps, I've found.

>simple progressive tax system
>exactly the same as the current tax system, just with different brackets pulled out of his own ass
Huh. Really makes you think...

A criminal/scum tax/sanction would be wonderful but it wouldn't be a good idea to rely solely on it since you'd somehow justify the existence of those people, otherwise there wouldn't be a national budget.

a tax on rent seeking is very realistic, starts with taxing the unimproved value of land.

>"Parcel of land"
>"Parcel"
Nigger stop making shit threads about cards against humanity, kill yourself.

>IF YOU DON'T PAY YOUR (((MASTER))) YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM "YOUR" LAND.
you can try to perfect a land patent on your land, people have been successful with that

but I agree with you but most people are too stupid to even understand what you're talking about

>The taxes support the long ass road that goes to my property and the sherrifs department that keeps you out of my neighborhood.
communist pinko lefty

>exactly the same as the current tax system, just with different brackets pulled out of his own ass
ONE tax with a only two variables: Poverty Level, and Flat Tax Rate. And you think that is like the millions of pages of hundreds of taxes we have now? There's not even any brackets. And why do we have bracket nowadays? I can understand a hundred years ago, but if you can't do simple algebra then you shouldn't be allowed outside without a helmet, (or do your own taxes).

the only moral way to tax is by a fair use tax on land based on transaction value

so whatever land has the most transactions occur on it is taxed the most

read progress and poverty by Henry George

under his system all taxes would be paid for through land tax on trading floors

This exactly.

It is one of the main reasons why I will never buy a house or property in the US. It is literally a gigantic fucking scam, you dont own jack fucking shit and are still paying "rent" in the form of property taxes to the government.

Idiots mock some countries for not being able to outright own property like in China or Vietnam- but in all truthfulness HOW IS THE US ANY FUCKING DIFFERENT???? Its not. Try not paying taxes on "your" property and will see just how much you really own that property.

All my US assets are generating income. Yes I pay tax, but also dont declare earnings.

Also every few years I get a "bonus" from somewhere which makes up for the lost taxes in the previous years.

But I don't look down upon people who pay it all.

Please discuss this further. I'm familiar with land patents but not in this context. How could you ever get the government to agree to stop taxing your property?

Will do.

Enjoy your beaners and niggers you stupid fuck. Ill be buying a luxury condo overseas in the tropics for pennies on the dollar and no income tax.

This.

Wow, you just typed out a whole lot of useless nonsense and hot air to dodge the question.

You sound like a retarded mainstream politician.

par·cel
ˈpärsəl/Submit
noun
a thing or collection of things wrapped in paper in order to be carried or sent by mail.
synonyms: package, packet; More
a quantity or amount of something, especially as dealt with in one commercial transaction.
"a parcel of shares"

retarded fuckin brit, the word is appropriate. go clean Mohammads cum off your ass and expand your vocabulary

>your REAL tax rate is around 75%

75% of what? Lile damn nigga, how do you not know how percentages work. Also you must cite your sources. Go back to school dumb-dumb.