Do the Baltic states generally get a long with each other, politically and socially speaking?

Do the Baltic states generally get a long with each other, politically and socially speaking?

My grandfather was worthless alcoholic who immigrated to Chicago from Lithuania in his early 20s. Never met the guy so I never got to learn the language or anything.

Does Sup Forums consider Lithuanians white?
>Also general Baltic thread. Post comfy pictures of your homeland

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tZ-DNbz3wmA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakov_Peters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No fuck off we're full!

Send cheap alcohol pls

Dont want to move there. To close to Russian filth
Is booze more expensive? How much for a bottle of vodka?

It's getting more and more expensive in Estonia because of 1 faggot polititian.
1l of laua viin is ~around 14€

Thats probably about $20 USD. Thats about what we pay for middle shelf booze.

Well, Estonia likes to hang out with Finland more. Latvia and Lithuania don't really give a shit about each other just because we have many internal issues to deal with like emigration, low wages and generally low morale.
Like we're are concerned that Belarus is building a nuclear plant close to our border and Latvia doesn't care or say anything on the international stage. Also, russians make up to 25% of Latvia, so our views on Russia differ.
Lithuania in general is very depressed, the suicide rates are highest among 1st world nations, and everyone wants to leave it, me included.
I've read that Hitler considered Balts as Aryan cousins and thought that we could be purified or some shit, so in Sup Forums's language we're white, I suppose.

oh, this is my city.

How do Lithuanians and Latvians differ from each other?

Theres a semi-large Lithuanian community in the Chicago area. Im guessing this was from a lot of immigration in the 40's-50's.

How do you guys feel about the Polish?

That looks nice. Are the winters really cold there?

What do you mean exactly? Both are Balts, so we speak similar language. The biggest difference is that Latvians historically have never been a significant nation, they were almost always occupied either by germans, us, russians or swedes. Lithuanians, on the other hand, had the biggest kingdom in Europe at one point, and up until 18th/19th century was quite a significant force.

I mean what's the difference in culture that made you distinct from each other as people.

Read
See
Just cross the border, you lazy faggot.

Oh yeah, my aunt lived in Chicago actually for quite some time. Well, Polish and we lived in one nation for more than 200 years, so our culture and goals are quite similar. We're both Christian and hate russians in other words. Of course, we had some conflicts also, for example, when in 1920 they occupied our capital lol, but other than that we get along quite good.
Yes, winters can get really cold. -30 is not unusual in January or even February sometimes.

Did I slide a "is fucking a trap gay" thread? Sorry Latvia.

And these days we are the ones with a strong national identity. While you are just there, in the background.

Love my estonian buds, but Lithuania can fuck right off

Also it's nice here if you respect our traditions and culture

Seems comfy.

What makes your nation better, Latvia?

Neither of the three Baltics are better than each other.

Every one of us has something different than the other two, but in the end it doesn't matter.

Too urbanized
Who said anything about being better? Just that we (and Estonians too to a lesser extent) have a stronger sense of national pride.

>he doesnt know about ozolins

>The biggest difference is that Latvians historically have never been a significant nation

>Also, russians make up to 25% of Latvia

>Op has Lithuanian ancestors
>I do too
>More Lithuanian s worldwide

Latvians btfo

Oh and flag in case anyone wonders

Hell no, Estonia being the best - first get euro, highest wages atm. More capitalism. Some day they will be dream land like US. Fuck paying for others.

Ironically the Russian minority has been beneficial to our national identity in macro scale. They serve as a permanent reminder of the Soviet occupation, that is why that 1991 spark has not died here, unlike in Lithuania.

kek

Where did your ancestors immigrate to in the US?

That looks comfy af too

Do all 3 of the Baltic states pretty much hate Russians?

What is this? Eidf shill? Tallinn transplant?

Makes me think

Upstate Jew york

Obviously.

Well, Lithuania hates them the most, our president called Russia a terrorist state basically. We help Ukraine the most also.

So, why is your emigration higher atm than in Lithuania lol. Both of our countries are kinda nationalistic, but have a low morale also.

Who do you guys distrust most right now, like national sentiment. Germoney or Russland?

Definitely Russia, always Russia. Germany is too impotent to be a problem here.

Such baby sized countries lol

Stop electing faggots then

>Germany is too impotent to be a problem here.

Germans can't say anything about it either. It's like they're neutered at birth

No, Estonia is very oftenly used as an example of how well they manage they country and how did they succeed in economy, compared to us. Also I live in same city as yet was born and lived till 18 at other city.

Soon.

>Does Sup Forums consider Lithuanians white?
no

Noice...

Did your Lithuanian predecessors change their surname like my worthless degenerate grandfather?

>very oftenly used as an example
I've never heard but anything is possible. Question is what does Lithuania do??

I had 4, one did to make it shorter. He anglicized it?

>Question is what does Lithuania do??
suicide
alcohol
good internet

irelevant and depressing shitholes, was there on erasmus

You don't want a Baltic name while living among anglophones, you would have to spend a lot of time correcting others on it.
And it would be a scum move to not change it - immigrants must assimilate.

spot the serb

There were Latvian Legions SS + Estonian ones fighting against Soviet in WW2. Just found this out

Yeah I guess we could call it that. We're the only family with this particular last name in the nation cause its so fucking different from anything else. Its weird honestly. He (grandfather) was fucking moron from what I understand.

>Just found this out
Time to wake up

Assimilating is different than disavowing. I agree with you somewhat though. I already have to correct people on it all the time because its such a different name.

also
>vietnam

BASED LUGANS
A
S
E
D

L
U
G
A
N
S

Do you generally dislike Slavs or just Russians for taking your clay from time to time?

but laua viin is one of the cheapest low quality vodkas here

>Ancestors fight for independence
>Twice in one century
>"Hurr well time to Google what do we do? Suicide? Wow we suck!"
I'd say kys,but you just might. In a couple decades Lithuania will be mechatronics capital of Europe. Stop being dumb and go outside every now and then. Have sex or something.

shit m8, didnt mean to trigger you

Just Russians, we like Poland and support Ukraine.

You do have the best meme pics

Well at least you know it and can always write it down for future generations.

I would say since ruskies and polacks are both slavs, I tend to view all slavs with a bit of suspicion.

once was walking to university and almot got killed by falling corpse of guy who jumpd the buildig to commit suicide

we're like different types of families living in the same apartment building, you like some, you dislike some, but in general when you start thinking about it, then you've done pretty well in the neighbors lottery; and if the building is facing a threat, everybody comes together and works together

at least it was this way, in recent years it kind of seems that Latvia is a bit stagnating, Estonia is developing independently of the other Baltic countries and hanging out more with a different crowd (f.e. Nordic countries), not so sure about situation in Lithuania)

We generally get along since we are bound together by geopolitics.

Historically we might have been in eachothers throats, but at the present day if one Balt falls, he will drag the other two along with him. Also its easier to have relations with near-equal wealth nations than among the power disparity that might come from other western nations.

Shit you have a meme for everything

Friendly reminder Poland is only there to stop Hans and Vadim. If Germany and lithuania reconstituted empires, Poland would be split right down and they would keep only Warsaw

>once was walking to university and almot got killed by falling corpse of guy who jumpd the buildig to commit suicide
Its in our culture, stop oppressing us.

Geez, no wonder why Putin got an eye for your Baltic states

>golden age of /balt/

Delet before I cry

>Shit you have a meme for everything
>You do have the best meme pics

Most of the shit I have is stolen from the golden days of /balt/.

FUCKING HELL M8, I JUST WROTE DOWN MY MESSAGE TOP AND SAW YOUR MESSAGE, WE ARE TWINS I TELL YA

Kinda sorta.
Iˇd say that we hate the russian state more than russian people to be diplomatic, but the diasphora occasionally gets uppity and earns my ire from time to time.

Slavs view Slavs with the most suspicion- what does that tell us?

I guess this maybe

>2007

It sounds like I missed out big time

> Do the Baltic states generally get a long with each other, politically and socially speaking?
On basis of hatred towards Russians, whom they betrayed.

You cant even imagine.

"Pribaltians" is a meme for "slavs". He only hates slavs, because that is a part of justification of their betrayal of Russians and shilling for commies for 100 years.

Pretty much this. But i have to say, without their shenanigans we would be a lot more relaxed and open to main russian trickery.

Our police are a lot more comfortable in beating down the filthy shitskins when they rioted at detention centre thanks to getting experience and review in that scene.

Now thats funny! Sad,but funny

And latvians also basically established NKVD and saved lenin, so theres that

> lol clearsing hail hail
> *votes for commies, that write off their own progress as "russian sabotage" for 100 years*

Well, lets be honest. We ourselves disarmed without the fight our own first republic, since we thought the Sov-state would be just the same as Russian Empire. Hindsight is a bitch in those cases.

The story keeps changing it seems. One day we are pribablti fashisti, the other we are commies.

Had 3 guys from Estonia co-working on a project. Only topic during chatter they came up with is just Russia, Russia, Russia etc.

Baltics generally have some sort of schizophrenia that someone wants to invade them by tomorrow. Yet they flee from they countries faster than refugees.

LMAO choked on my coffee- I really can't imagine if this is common posting

We could blame Slavs for this or balts for that,but it's Jews the whole way through whether it's the Jewish labor bund or the jewsheviks

>only Warsaw
assuming anyone wants that shithole

well politicans arent humans and we were throwing shit at each other with latvians because valga

Heil* Dalia
We didn't establish shit, but did the fighting for them. If not for the Tzars backstabbery 1905 probably none of that would have happened.
We are russophobes now, a Russian user told me so.
>that someone wants to invade them by tomorrow
That's what you get from living next to a psycho who has invaded you 3 times in the last century alone and is getting uppity again.

Really fucking easy not to worry about russia when you have three counties in between you and them.

Thats pretty hilarious. Where was the photo taken?

Actual lol, that kind of self deprecation is how you win respect

That's autism level history, mate

>Yakov Peters
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakov_Peters
all good

Love you too, Latvia.

booze was cheap probably is still cheap compared to many eu states but the price is risen and will continue to rise couse enough retards were enticed by gibs and voted for socdem party that got enough votes to form a coalition. 2 years to next election. they have already fucked up so much. we were lucky that we had a classical liberal party at the helm for so long - they got cocky and obnoxious though but still the alternatives are so much worse.

This is funny because "Kaunas" is pronounced the same way as the french word "connasse" which mean bitch