Flip Flappers

Another anime saved by the power of love

Is there anything love can't do?

Other urls found in this thread:

creamboxbu.wordpress.com/2014/12/01/〜2周年記念特別企画〜クリームボックスを作っ/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reaching you.

Greatest love story ever told

Hello everyone, Census-kun here. Sorry about missing yesterday! But no worries, I have a poll up just for you guys!

That is what I want to say, but I see some kind user did my duty for me yesterday and made sure a poll was put up in my absence, thank you user! So instead of a poll, I am going to share my final thoughts on Flip Flappers. I voted for it being a Masterpiece, and I honestly believe it is so. It is not a Masterpiece necessarily in terms of how the word is commonly used (as a substitute for GOAT), although some do indeed see it as a GOAT. No, it is a Masterpiece in the original sense of the word, the actual definition of the word “Masterpiece.”

>a work of outstanding artistry, skill, or workmanship.
>an artist's or craftsman's best piece of work.

Flip Flappers fits both of these- it is both Oshiyama’s best work, and it is a work of outstanding artistry, skill, and workmanship.

More than any of that though, Flip Flappers really touched me- I read in one of the previous threads about how some anons had a warm, strange feeling in their hearts after finishing the show. That feeling is mutual. Flip Flappers has the ability to touch your heart and make you feel something big- without resorting to invoking sadness. That is something special that I do not think should be overlooked. I love love LOVE Flip Flappers, and I am glad I got to experience it with you all.

Your last duty is to tell us what Oshiyama has in his store for his next work after the talk show on Jan 13.

So, was she a dog or not?

Finished

Butt.

All I can do

Looks good!

How would you feel if the show was animated using Tanu's original designs?

I always wondered how many slavs are in FlipFlappers threads

>Hey Papika, want to have lots of unprotected vaginal sex with me and ejaculate in my cervix over and over? I'm ovulating right now, you could knock me up with a whole litter of puppies.

Looks in character.

>somewhere out there, there is a futa PI world that influences you by giving you a dick while you are in it.

So what's with the postcard?

I dropped the show after episode 2. Can you give me a TLDR of what happens? I don't care about spoilers.

>Cocona is now Cocoa
Pretty good in my pants, I guess.

A PI world where everybody's bodies are honest.
Papika returns to her normal age with that fat papibutt and legs for days
Thirsty-ass Cocona gets throbbing cock she just can't keep down

Age-gap ecstasy ensues.

Submitted my badass Yayaka, hope I'm on time.

So basically, Pure Illusion remain unexplained, it will always be there, and if you have amorphous you can always go there? And that ultimately it's just a stage for love to bloom?

Mum and Dad fighting about how they should raise their daughter.

Don't stick you dick in your research subject.

Punished Yayaka

INTO THE SKY

Your kind are the worst. Fuck off back to Sup Forums.

tl;dr love can bloom between a girl and a puppy. the cat is cucked.

They go on more PI adventures and have fun.
They learn to henshin
They gradually become friends, and then more than friends
Everything comes crashing down and Cocona goes full Tetsuo
Yayaka henshins
Bu-chan henshins
Cocona's mother henshins
and then they save the day with the power of lesbians and everybody lives happily ever after.

Also there's a living Thomasson that shoots chekov's gun

There are no amorphous anymore. Special people like Cocona and Papika can still enter it, which is why Flip Flap still exists. I bet Yayaka and the twins could, too, if they wanted to.

but they didnt kiss so they dont love each other. It's non canon.

That description makes me realize my love for the show even more.

reporting in

What is the name of the cream bread yayaka likes so much? I'd love to try it.

>Also there's a living Thomasson that shoots chekov's gun
That's deep yo.

yes she was

I think anyone can go there through a specially constructed gate, like the one the Klan used to have. Though you need to have an amorphous-encrusted individual to go there safely, something about impedance.

Ikuhara strikes again!

Even with the gate, the Klan still needed the amorphous kids and Yayaka.
Amorphous power is necessary to survive the trip into PI. The twins have it in their genes, Yayaka had it implanted, Cocona had it in her thigh and Papika is a mystery but probably got it from Mimi.

> is there anything love can't do
Make a show succeed.

I want to have a pajama party with those three!

Mean!

>is there anything love can't do
To make you not a insufferable dick

If the PI gate was safe, I doubt they would have needed to produce special children to enter it. The adults would have just gone themselves.

Salt modified that Elpis machine to enter PI himself, but even with that he didn't last long.

Love can't stop you from being a little bitch either.

Salt also wasn't just putting himself in PI, he was putting a PI that had himself in it in PI. It's like an Alcubierre gimmick; he bypassed the normal rules because of course a person exists within the PI that is themselves, and the Elpis accesses that PI.

>is there anything love can't do
make you stop being a loser who shitpost on Chinese image board.

Are we back to Klein's bottles from the 2nd episode?

Actually love might be able to fix that

I will never complain about anime fucking up schedule ever again.

love can't stop you from being triggered either

Not the Klein bottles again

They obviously implanted a dog brain into a human body to ensure that Mimi would have a totally loyal partner.

The question being: how on earth were they able to capture Mimi's amorphous the first time, and thus able to produce amorphous-children?

Also who is Another Bust?

>the original human brain got put in Bu-chan
It explains everything

I think the main two themes were

finding urself
and
mother vs father instincts
with a little bit of nature vs nurture as a result of these

>no new IP
Try harder shitposter.

What the fuck, did I just create a totally viable theory through shitposting really hard?

>Also who is Another Bust?
Something we will never talk about again.

The children were achieved via genetic engineering. Basically, they managed to partially clone Mimi.

this sounds like the PI of someone who Sup Forums would love to send to the gas camp.

>Papika and Cocona fly off into the sunset together
>age gap hasn't dampened their relationship
>Mimi just stays in Pure Illusion forever, doesn't disappear
>Pure Illusion is still accessible, magic hasn't disappeared from the world

It's so optimistic and leaves the door open for the adventure to continue it feels almost subversive.

done.
Because we are in the gray-colored PI, I call the world of Flip Flappers reality.

Now that reality and PI are slightly overlapping due to Mimi sustaining the gap, magic will slowly leak into Flip Flappers' "real" world until society is overwhelmed and collapses.

That's a cute Papi
But why is she in a straight jacket?

No way, dike.

I know, should've been a gay jacket.

cause I use the pic related for reference

I love love LOVE Flip Flappers!

>It's so optimistic and leaves the door open for the adventure to continue it feels almost subversive.

I think it actually might be. The last half of episode 13 is almost dedicated to BTFO of every typical sad and bittersweet cliche ending that has become popular over the past 15-20 years.

Ahhhn~ I wanna taste a creambox!

Too many.

Me too user. I am already starting to miss it.

If Mimi's ability to enter PI is just a genetic fluke that they can replicate in the lab, why would they still need Mimi? Is it because the Grand Dragon of the Klan is just that obsessed with her?

so where do I send my card to?

have any of you gotten a response?

creamboxbu.wordpress.com/2014/12/01/〜2周年記念特別企画〜クリームボックスを作っ/

WE GONNA FLY

Man I was really worried after how poorly 11 and 12 went, but I think they did a pretty good job with the finale. It was a bit corny though and I think some parts were confusing. I still don't think having dark Mimi as the final boss was a good idea. Ultimately the last three episodes had way to much unnecessary plot and they could have gotten away with something bit simpler.

Overall I'm glad flip Flappers exists and that I watched it. It's definitely left the strongest impression on me out of everything I've watched this year.

PI is obviously related to telekinesis or some other fundamental force related to psyche. Physical replication just doesn't do.

Has collage user tweeted the collage yet?

About half an hour, now

an email that was provided last couple of threads

no, but I'll assume it has been sent

[email protected]

40 minutes left, go go go. No responses. Just do it.

This.

And there is editing after that.

We're making a thank you image! The card will be a collection of images into one big image sent to them via Twitter using imgur. The due date for submissions is 12/30/16 at 9:00 am pst. Send all images to [email protected]

>Dimensions
600 by 600 pixels
>Why not here? it's an imageboard after all. we'd just have to reply your post.
Its hard trying to shitpost 24/7 to have to go around collecting images
>Why not real postcards? I want to send one. But there needs to be a campaign for it to mean something.
I'm not sure how this would be accomplished so I'm limiting it to digital.
>Who are we sending it to?
@binobinobi the directors twitter

Kissu would've made this series a legit masterpiece, not because of yuri but because it's relatively rare for any sort of pairing in even an original work to get a kissu, and Cocona and Papika are already built up so well.

I liked that one user who said Flip Flappers isn't yuri, it just has romance as an element, and that's part of what makes it so special.

Anyway, as is even with all of the flaws, dropped plot points, and a generally messy second half, still a hugely solid 8 or 9/10 just because it's so damn likeable and fun. CCN, PPK and YYK are some of the best characters to be in an original work in a super long time.

He's not monitoring it 24/7.
Here is a previous receipt

>dropped plot points
AB-chan as a concept was answered, who she personally was never mattered. Give up.

Great

as expected of yayaka

Mimi is still special and they likely want to study her more. Mimi is still the strongest. Just because they can sort of replicate the ability just enough for some to get sent to PI, doesn't mean they know enough to replicate the Mimi god mode hax.

Yayaka remains the best girl

I don't really understand why the authors went out of their way to make Yayaka so likeable. She was a waste of sceentime, the biggest achievement of her struggle was the twins being inspired by her.

AHHHHH

I'm going to miss this chest.

Mimi works as the antagonist because the story is ultimately about Cocona growing up and her family dealing with that situation. Its not a show about Cocona fighting the bad guy, its family drama.

When you really think about it Mimi was never even that bad to begin with, she was just being an overprotective mother. She just needed to reconnect with Salt, balance the paternal and maternal, and learn to let her daughter be her own women.

Its a cute little story about love and family in the end, that is why it works so well.

Somebody stop this madman.

It is still a masterpiece user. But if it had a kiss, it would probably become one of the biggest GOATs ever, because the build up and relationship building was so fucking strong, that kind of payoff would be massive.