Why the Jojo fandom is so hated?

Why the Jojo fandom is so hated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sW6X_Ke_N3M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The same reason Narutards were hated.

Most "fandoms" are pretty stupid.

But disliking a thing because of the fandom is probably stupider.

have you seen jojo generals here?

For the same reason a lot of other fandoms are hated.
You're like that one friend that can't shup up about show XYZ and keeps telling you to watch it. Every day you tell me how great it is until I finally crack and watch it. I watch it or read it and it just doesn't do anything for me. And while we're watching it together you keep looking at me, watching as my expression stays unchanged while your favorite moments in the show unfold. You ruined it for me because you're so overexcited by it.
The "jojo reference" meme is so spot on that it baffles me, I distinctly remember people saying that in earnest not too long ago. Even if it was a reference to jojo, does it matter? All kinds of shit gets referenced everywhere.
I gave Jojo a try but dropped it in the middle of the second season because it was so utterly bland and boring. And I know you're gonna tell me I should watch part 3 because Stands but I just don't care anymore. I watched like 18 episodes or whatever and just wasn't impressed by anything.
And believe me, I pull that shit too with other series.

This. I love jojo but the way people are trying to apply it to everything is annoying. And it's not even the anime watchers. Most of the shit is post anime stuff. I just want a quiet fanbase.

But don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with liking a series a lot. At the end of the day, it's good that you enjoy something that much. But sometimes it just too much for other people to handle, and then they shit on you because you become annoying.

"Hey guys!!!1! what would be their stands?? xDD"

-Some user in any god damn thread about any animated show/movie/video game/comic/series

Jojo generals are filled with bottom of the barrel scum like frogshitters and the like, also terrible humor and memes.

Its a natural tendency to hate shit that gets popular and far more commonly thrown in their faces. The spammy, "Jojo applied to X" aspect many people hate about the fandom I can understand, thats essentially the core of MLP hate, and it doesn't help that Jojo is one of the. Ost homoerotic looking pieces of fiction out there. But in the end I'm not gonna lie that I dont love shit drawn in Araki's style striking flamboyant poses. I don't think I see fans autistically attacking non fans like a lot of notoriously garbage fandoms do but in time we'll become even worse I imagine.

The rampant memes and in jokes don't help, especially when they are laced into everything. I honestly love all the vine/fb meme tier shit and similar when done right, I wonder if its even for the irony anymore. But a lot of people try way too hard and just make a bunch of unfunny garbage most of the time.

To be short, we're cancerous. The ideas of fandoms are inherently cancerous. And it sucks when people shit on your favorite series cuz they're simply tired of seeing it everywhere but that's just the way shit is.

Because the fandom got too big with the anime.

Every fucking shit tier E-Celeb talks about JoJo now. Every fucking entry level anime fan talks about JoJo. They get shit wrong, they sound stupid and they spam the same jokes until they stop being funny and start being infuriating.

There was a time when "Duwang" wasn't some in-joke. It was just how you read Diamond is Unbreakable because you had no other way.

We waited for months for any new translations of Steel Ball Run and it was always wonderful when they arrived.

Now we have people going "That's soooooo JoJo."

"Hey no spoilers! I've only watched the anime! I'm not going to speculate on what's going to happen on a fucking arc that ended over a decade ago and if you say anything I'm gonna be an obnoxious faggot about it"

Proximity breeds contempt and Jojo's surge in popularity has now made us far too close to Jojo in situations we weren't.

Because whenever you look at Jojo more and more often you don't see that one flash cartoon where you got curious about the sound effects and more you see the same ugly fat cancerous people that tell you how amazing SEED Destiny or SAO or Gurren Lagann or Evangelion or Naruto is.

It's filled with obnoxious redditors who think everything is a Jojo reference and that putting the purple menacing letters on a picture is the height of comedy
It's a shame since it's a pretty fun show, but I guess that's life

>redditors

Don't forget that a ton of tumblr queers latched onto jojo because they're fags who want to watch Dio and Jotaro fuck or something

It attracts a lot of shitty people because, 1 there are definitely some homoerotic undertones with some of the outfits and poses, and 2 it's shonen so a lot of younger teenagers watch it and won't shut the fuck up about it.

I like the series but I only talk about it with like one or two of my friends, because trying to find a non shit conversation about it online is near impossible

I think part 1, 2 and the first half of 3 are all full of storytelling problems and organizational errors, among other things...they're very messy overall and I don't blame people for not liking them.

But the later half of three and all of four are when it gets good. By the time it gets to SBR, I think Araki is a master writer and illustrator, and the stands are really creative.

I mean, in SBR...I don't think Johnny does any Punching meme shit (ORA ORA ORA ORA type stuff) until the end of the D4C fight, and he only does it once. He's also much more balanced as a protagonist, and just when you think he gets an overpowered ability there are things to counter it (see: the diego v. johnny fight)

Anyways, I hate it when people add the "GO GO GO GO" sound effects on unrelated images, and I'm not interested in "JOJO REFERENCES XD" or reducing Jojo's style to just silly poses or whatever. Yet I consider myself part of the fandom. Is this a problem to you guys?

This is all very true. It doesn't help that the current jojo threads on here are indulging in shitposting to the extreme with made up events. Some of those posts are actually sort of funny with how absurd they are, but it's drowning out the rest of the conversation.

I hope things die down for a bit now that the anime adaptation of part 4 has ended, but I'm not sure if the community will get any better. I wasn't around for the release of the last jojolion chapter, so maybe it was better when it came out, like it used to be around here. There were actual discussions whenever a new jojolion chapter was released, with a healthy mix of jokes thrown into the mix. It eventually got really grating after a point reading some of the other jojo threads, though.

Another thing I want to add: despite not liking Jojo myself, I do respect it for inspiring a lot of mangaka/game devs/etc.
>But the later half of three and all of four are when it gets good
See, that's a problem. How many books/episodes are that before it gets good? Would you give other series the same amount of patience? People will naturally start at Part 1 when they decide to pick it up, and damn, there really is nothing in there. At least for me.

Its weird, the past 2 or so weeks had some great as fuck character discussion surrounding people like Pucci and Valentine, i think even Kars. And then we have the current thread where te shitposting goes full tilt. I'll admit some of this shit is hilarious but jojo is such a bipolar as fuck topic where the discussions go full 180 with quality.

I think the absolutely worse part of these specific threads are when people do shit like humor assholes like Naranciafag who singlehandedly spreads leprosy to the next few threads with just a fucking picture.

I'm also of the opinion that you really don't need to read those parts. I would and have recommended for new people to just start at part 4. They're only related through tangents.

>Four good storytelling

WATCH AS I KIRA, LITERALLY MISPLAY EVERY SINGLE SITUATION SO THAT THE PROTAGONISTS CAN BEAT THIS COMPLETELY BROKEN ABILITY ARAKI INTRODUCED TO TIE UP A PLOT LINE HE INTRODUCED IN JOSUKE'S BACKSTORY THAT HE ENDS UP JUST DROPPING

>Anyways, I hate it when people add the "GO GO GO GO" sound effects on unrelated images, and I'm not interested in "JOJO REFERENCES XD" or reducing Jojo's style to just silly poses or whatever. Yet I consider myself part of the fandom. Is this a problem to you guys?
For most people, no, of course not. The people who get butthurt about that sort of stuff just aren't worth paying attention to. Not liking the memes surrounding the fanbase is totally fine.

I don't know man, it feels weird starting a series in the middle of the run, unless it's star wars I guess but it's not like we had a choice. People will naturally try to start at the beginning.

It was fine honestly, but it really dropped in quality when the anime came. The manga itself isn't bad, it's iconic as far as shounen fighting manga goes. It's just that the new fans are secondaries and are just generally idiots.

The man saving Josuke during his youth is an isolated event, and I don't understand why people think it's unresolved.
>sick boy is saved by a biker
>boy decides to pay homage to the man who saved his life, and gets enraged when people insult his homage (his hairstyle)

That's it. It doesn't need to be some stupid time loop shit where it turns out to be Josuke the whole time or something meaningless like that.
Bites the dust wasn't made to bridge that gap.

Jojo is a series that gets progressively better as you watch an artist perfect his craft through 30 years of content. I don't know how anyone can't at least repsect it.

Part 1 is crude but at best it's nothing but a setup when you look at the grand scheme of the entire series. Every subsequent part shines greatly in their own unique aspects as well as has flaws as Araki is definitely not the greatest writer, but there is a lot to love for each one as long as you are open minded about Araki's tendency to shift tone and atmosphere and indulge in his own creativity as he does another part. There is no concrete "gets good" moment for Jojo until maybe Part 7 where people say Jojo arguably has the most compelling characters and story.

Read it or don't read it, I implore you not to skip parts.

Same reason as any other. I went to listen to a podcast about one anime and the idiots hosting it didn't even talk about the anime in question. They just talked about JoJo and how cool it would've been if the anime the podcast should have been about aped JoJo stuff. It was disappointing because I wanted to hear other people talk about an anime I watched in full but most of them didn't even know shit about it and only cared about JoJo.

Jojotards are retards

Autists, manchildren, and very obnoxious

I really like this series, hell, i'm even reading the manga right now, but people can't shut up a second about it and make references and such, they're annoying.

>browsing /vp/
>"Is that le jojo reference XDDDD" posting daily

Being a JoJofag is suffering.

I recently got into JoJo, don't know what took me but here I am. I figured I'd go about it the same way as Berserk; watch the anime, then read the manga. Simple as that, so I went into the general expecting Berserk-tier conversation

It was a mistake. I don't even understand where it went wrong, how did the fanbase end up like this?

Also, since you mention it, I'm glad the Gurren Lagann fanbase is pretty much dead. Now I can enjoy it in peace

Why the Fate fandom is so hated?

But that's what weebs are in general.

There's this thing called shipping where fans of a series will imagine two characters having sex and being romantically engaged. It's kind of cringeworthy because it's basically like roleplay but you're not even roleplaying and you're doing it by yourself for masturbatory purposes. Some might even call it... dare I say... degenerate.

>it's another "JOSUKE WAS SUPPOSED TO GO BACK IN TIME BUT ARAKI DROPPED IT" fag

The same reason those pastel horses were hated, it's not the rampant autism, it's that they force the their thing on EVERYTHING. You can't go anywhere these days without someone eventually making le Jojo reference where it wasn't called for but they did it anyway

Any fandom is annoying as shit no matter how great the work

ones are more vocal than other though, consequently more annoying and hated... but for me the jojofandom is okay, just retarded

This right here. Most people didn't give a shit about those horses when they had a few threads on Sup Forums. It was when they started appearing in every thread sitewide that they started to get grating, because the people that originally didn't care were being forced to have an opinion then.

Now, that was a special blend of autism we will likely never see occur naturally again, but Jojo """fans""" are really doing their damn best to rival that by injecting their series wherever they see an opportunity. And this cause them and real fans to become hated

Tried to watch jojo, couldn't finish season 2. Now every single day I'm bombarded with jojo inside jokes and the constant requests for me to finish it, insisting that "it gets better."

When I dropped it, I didn't have any overtly hard feelings for it, it just wasn't for me. But now I hate everything about it, all because obsessive fandomfags ruined something that wasn't good to begin with.

Well as of a few months ago the dub is airing on US TV, so that is introducing a whole new wave of idiots to the series. Expect things to get worse

I heard it was doing pretty poorly so maybe that won't be an issue

nice copypasta

because you wont shut the fuck up about how everything is a jojo reference.

that picture...!!!

>reference

massive influx of retarded memespouting animeonlyfags and dubfags. Just look at the screenshots of the tweets the day the dub aired on Toonami.

>Just look at the screenshots of the tweets the day the dub aired on Toonami.
Thank you for reminding me of that horrible memory.
youtube.com/watch?v=sW6X_Ke_N3M

>watching the anime version of a manga original

why do people do this? Is it congenital shit taste?Is it stupidity?

Any long lasting fandom that becomes mainstream is hated on Sup Forums.

JoJo is sadly pretty popular and has some really obnoxious fans. I say that as a JoJo fan.

Jojo doesn't really feel like an "entry level" anime, on the same level as something like AoT or OPM. Something that became part of mainstream nerd culture. To the point where everyone and their dog discusses it to no end.
Jojo still feels kinda niche. Since it's more harder to follow than something like what I just mentioned. So it's more like an "word of mouth" anime/manga in that sense.

At least AoT and OPM fans are less obnoxious than some of the Jojo fanbase.

Fuck, it's sad how real this is

I mean that is understandable because of the obnoxiousness. Most if not all Jojo fans coming out in like mid 2012 act like they know the entire 30 year old series.

It's really fucking saddening. A good chunk of the fans are people who had read every part before the anime came out, and now they're lumped in the Jojo hate-brigade because of the meme faggots.

Who the hell doesnt like memes?

People with standards
but seriously repeating forced ones get trying and annoying

cancerous newfags

also I think I once saw "is that a jojo reference" reference

Jojo reference?

Look at their cancerous general and if you can't tell that they type and act like they belong on reddit then you should be deported with them.

Any show that has a pastebin on it's general should be banned.

It's fucking everywhere now. It's not even a matter of being contrarian anymore. It's only natural to hate something that's being spammed to shit every few seconds.

It's your own fault for being autistic and thinking that literally EVERYTHING is a Jojo reference to the point of becoming a joke.

In case you didn't notice, my post was a Jojo reference too.

ZA WARUDO

Yare yare daze.

Someone on /jjbag/ spoiled SBR for me a year or two ago, so that was when I dropped it. I can't name an anime fanbase that's more obnoxious.

fuck off haters. Its not our fault jojo is mention in literally every form of media. It is just that good. Just deal with it

Any show that has a general should be banned you mean.
Anything that has discussion up 24/7 will just turn into rampant shitposting because there literally isn't that much to dicuss.

it's a mix of:

>muh manly anime, wont watch anything that's not GAR
>generally acting like they're not weebs because it's a manly anime
>having completely no self awareness
>driving every joke into the ground
>comment sections on every song mentioned in Jojo

a perfect example is the 'to be continued' edits, the original ones were funny and then after they got thrown onto everything, it stopped being funny. But autists kept spamming it anyway, changing indifference to loathing.

basically, if you want your fandom to stop being hated, stop acting like spergs and keep memery to the jojo threads and don't post it everywhere. You're worse than narutards at this point

my mom was using a KNIFE (dio's main weapon) to cut onions, I asked if it was a jojo reference and she said "yare yare daze"

did you guys get it? that's because it was a JOJO REFERENCE

As a person who discovered Jojo in 2001 thanks to a "playstation magazine", i liked it, but until now i didn't want to read the mango, though im starting with Jojolion cuz i know the important points of the previous arcs and i prefer waiting to 20xx to see SBR animated.

I tried to read the manga too, but the artstyle is such a mess that I dropped it very quickly.

hey reddit

>gaijins call other gaijins pleb

The anime only fags are cool.

Success breeds jealousy

I blame tumblr and Sup Forums for the downfall of Sup Forums Jojo discussion.

That's because they hyped the series so much and it ended up being pretty underwhelming MOTW badly paced story. It's such a shame, because it showed the potential to be on par with Fist of the North Star at start.

Because it's so popular.

And it's so different from 90% of content discussed on this shithole board. The norm is:
>loli schoolgirl/magical/comedy/fantasy series
>waifuwars
>tripfaggery
All the sad NEETs that make up that majority just like to lash out at different things to distract themselves from how embarrassing their existence is.

GET OUT OF Sup Forums YOU NIGGERS

At least animefags are having fun and enjoying the series, while the "true fans" just whine about how their circlejerk memefest is being invaded.

The answer is simple: the fandom memespouting "JoJo did it first" or "ITS A FUCKING JOJO REFERENCE" in threads who aren't related to Jojo.

But if you call them about doing that, you are the bad person.

Jojo reference?

Its popular in the west now (after nearly 20 years of popularity in Japan)

Sorta like how Naruto was once "'okayish" but then once rabid fanbase grew, the hate increased?

Yeah, i dont understand them.
Until 2012 it was only me in my circle knowing and loving JoJo, but now i have people to talk about this IRL.

The "sekrit klab" logic some people have is very shitty.

Trying to get someone you know to read it for years because you know they would enjoy it and having them refuse time after time. Then the anime comes out and they start watching and turn into the most obnoxious secondary "LE JOJO REFERENCE" person while also complaining about spoilers that happened 20 years ago while also being with a group of a friends (all who were into Jojo long before the anime) who have literally talked about the series endlessly in front of them for a long time. Now all of a sudden people aren't allowed to talk about part 4 or about Jojolion in front of them because spoilers.

I never wanted the fandom to be some sort of sekrit klub but Jojo's recent explosion of popularity in the west feels especially bad and way more obnoxious compared to a lot of other things. It might just be because it's universally loved in Japan and Araki is highly respected that there's an element of "look at how fucking cool I am I know what Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is!" It allows for people to be embarrassing and infantile in comments or videos or among friends but not feel bad about it unlike, say Naruto (which is primarily for children) or something like SAO (which is a definite guilty pleasure thing).

tl;dr its like a mix of feeling cool because you know this "obscure" thing but also being very open about your love of a childrens comic book because you can easily pretend it's more adult/mature than it really is.

I personally like JJBA, but I'm an anime-fag. I don't want to read the manga, especially when stand fights get confusing because araki decided to plaster fists all over the page

So far, I'm at part 3 and finished watching the Strength episode. Shame that stuff in previous parts are rarely brought up, except for Dio, who has a connection to every part of the JJBA franchise. Joseph fought 4 ancient super lifeforms, one of them becoming an ultimate lifeform, then never mentions it again, except for one mention that he lost his hand in a battle 50 years ago.

Otherwise, JJBA is nice

>At least animefags are having fun and enjoying the series,

If that was the case they wouldn't be so obnoxious and invasive with other people.
The anime is just an excuse to act like a shithead and enjoy how much you're bothering others because of it.
Jojo fandom is the anime equivalent of MLP.

Meh I will take JoJo over underage shounentards or LNtards anyday

>underage shounentards or LNtards anyday
But that's who makes up the Jojo fandom nowadays.

Why not just divide the meme making anime-only side and the manga readers of the fandom

It's not popular. Toonami rating is pretty bad. Most normalfags talk about the memes but never watched the show.

It really only gets confusing in B & W but in colored it really makes the fights more understandable,sort of. B&W part 7 is a real eye candy though even though there's already colored,which still looks great.

>Not ending it with 'To Be Continued'.

Kill yourselves, jojobronies

>2017 minus 12 hours
>Still judging a show for the reception of its shitty dub

Minus the newfags how is the JoJo fandom?

Because they'll do anything to defend Part 4's anime adaptation, it was terrible. Had some people try to say that David did it better than the manga.

fuck off moebrony

>jojobronies
>not Jobronie

Its popular
Falseflaggers run rampant
thus turning anything jojo into "le bronies of anime" or anything of the exact equivelent
it sucks but we gotta live with it
im gonna miss using jojo reaction images on other boards

Guys, which one would win?

Thunder Cross Split Attack vs Sheer Heart Attack

Both have literally no weaknesses.

>Sheer Heart Attack grabs Dire by the legs
>Dire uses thunder cross split attack
Dire wins

It is that simple.