How to watch Danganronpa?

Correct order? What do I do about the second part of the series (I don't like to play video games but it doesn't seem to have an anime)?

Play DR1 and 2, and watch DR3 in broadcast order. Don't deviate from this order, as each installment contains heavy spoilers for its prequels.

Can't I watch DR1 instead?

No,the anime's shit.

all of the anime series are incredibly mediocre. The only good parts are the games, same with almost every VN

So why should I watch 3 instead of playing it?

Because 3 is anime only.Another game with the name V3 is coming out.
It's shit,too.

The anime is shit too? Is it really worth watching then?

Honestly, you shouldnt. It was really fucking bad except for the first few eps of despair side where it was just fanwank for the dr2 characters

Starting to wonder whether I should even bother with the series, sounds like I probably shouldn't.

Just watch it, we all shoveled that spoonful of shit down.

1 is decent.
2 is pretty good with better cases,characters etc. but worse atmosphere
3's shit.

Play the VNs for 1 and 2. They're fucking great as VNs.

The anime for 1 sucks, it's a 4 hour adaption of a 30 or 40 hour game. Skip it and play the game

The second VN doesn't have an anime adaption, so you have to play the game for this one

Here, the franchise splits in two. There's Danganronpa 3 and Danganronpa V3. DR3 is the anime that concludes the story for DR and DR2. It's pretty shit but you kind of have to watch it if you've played DR and DR2. DR V3 is a new VN set in the future. Supposedly, it's a completely new story and has nothing to do with the previous story. I doubt that though, considering the fuckery that went down in DR3.

Basically, go torrent the PC version of Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc, or Danganronpa or DR1. Play it. If you don't like it, drop it and don't even consider the rest of the series as none of it will make any sense without playing the games.

The VNs are pretty fun, they're more than worth checking out. Another Episode sadly stumbles with the gameplay but at the very least it isn't awful enough to actively ruin the dialogue so I'd still say play it. DR3 is shit but it's a roller-coaster of shit that's still enjoyable in the right mindset; as someone who watched it in monthly drinking parties with friends I had a good time.

If you're too stupid to read something though then don't bother. It's a series that's continuously working off of previous installments so skipping something will only neuter the future installments, and if you're physically unable of reading a VN like your constant assumption of this being an anime series instead of a VN series implies then you're not gonna enjoy Dangan regardless.

Just leave while you can.

Don't watch DR3. Future Arc was consistently below average, Despair Arc was excellent the first four episodes then nosedived the second Junko showed up, and "Hope Arc" was an asspull to end all asspulls. If it weren't for the memes and Sup Forums I think I wouldn't have finished it.
Can someone post the meme image? I lost it.

Is the condensed length that bad a thing though? I never played Steins;Gate, but I loved the anime, despite being way shorter in length.

Do you mean this one?

>I don't like to play video games but it doesn't seem to have an anime
Watch youtube playthrough

Yes. Thanks a bunch my man.

Reminder that Juzo was a bitch and Junko's puppet.

>I never played Steins;Gate, but I loved the anime, despite being way shorter in length.
Steins;Gate is a bad example since that's the incredibly rare anime adaption that's actually long enough to cover most things (Read VN first and Chapter 9 was the only thing I actively noticed got removed, which was still probably more due to the violent content than anything). Condensed length isn't automatically a problem, the problem is where it's condensed to the point where it's an egregiously worse experience because it cuts out all the charm to make room for the story.

Playing Danganronpa through once will take you around as long as playing Steins;Gate's true route through once if not longer while also being a series of mysteries that individually relied on a ton of set-up and pay-off, and yet S;G's anime got twice the time. The DR anime simply couldn't fit 20-30 hours of story focusing on 16 characters (15 students and Monokuma) who all have their own moments into 13 half-hour episodes.

You're welcome.

Does anyone have any stage play memes

Just play the games you lazy sack of shit

Has to be watched in airing order. One ep of Despair arc then one ep of Future arc.

>bother with the series
Try it and decide for yourself.

>play the games
>lazy

Playing games won't make me any less lazy.

Thanks, but out of curiosity, why is it that it was aired in this way? It's certainly different and different is nice, but does it take away from the enjoyment, jumping back and forth from prequel and sequel?

god I hope so

I think it was supposed to be that you'd find out about the teacher being brainwashed or something at roughly the same time. Honestly aside from that there wasn't anything that couldn't have been made into a game, but there wasn't really enough that they could have made it into a game

M'kay.

Look you want to get into the series, then don't watch the anime it's fucking terrible. Just play the games, then watch the despair/hope anime if you're still into the series after playing the second game.

>v3 hasn't come out yet and calling shit.

What are you a retard?

>"watch" Danganronpa

I have a few.

The only redeemable thing about the anime was getting to see everyone on aphrodisiac.

Everything that makes DR good is playing the cases in the games, if you remove that then DR is a pretty bad franchise since the main story is actually really trash.

>implied that Mikan was pushed over the edge and came to obsessively rely on Junko as the one person who accepted her
>just kidding she watched a youtube video and got brainwashed lmao

We REALLY need a danganronpa carnival phantasm. Throw in the V3 cast there too.

I wont spoil myself on V3 but I do want to see Hope's Peak mode in V3.

Play the games, the anime is shit.

It is to that you're not spoiled, and there are hints going back and forth. Eg finding out if someone died/going to die, or if someone was evil all along.

Now get out of this thread before you are spoiled. You're already are on many things. You could be 9 episodes in since this thread started.

Still disappointed this only ended up being constant off-model problems that only occurred partway through the series

Not saying it was a clever theory either but it would have been way better than what we got

best girl

Don't worry, any spoilers I may have read I'll forget before I start the series.

The games are VNs with you doing the detective work. It's fun.

I'm a sucker for detective VNs despite not playing many of them so games with actually well told cases like DR and AA are fantastic and by watching them you miss out on so much of what makes the franchise actually good.

Play DR 1 and 2, wait for AE release on Steam if you don't have PS Vita.

Don't watch any of the anime, it's not fun at all without bi-weekly shitposting and Juzo boys and "you know why".

Ironically, memes made DR3, it's not very good on its own. But also has really solid fanservice moments.

AE is worthless outside of Cumaru and Monaka.

>AE is worthless outside of Cumaru
Good think Cumaru is absolutely above average

Threadly reminder that Junko is objectively best girl.