I just started Kizu...

I just started Kizu, do you guys like the different style of Kizu; Aragagi having no inner monologue throughout the movie like he does in the show? It feels like a different series. Not that different is bad but I miss his internal thought which can carry the show sometimes.
Something definitely felt missing while watching Kizu.

I think it works quite well. The series feels fresh again like it did during Bake. Though watching part 1 alone is a recipe for blue balls.

I thought part 1 was quite good
>That intro
I hope Shaft finish animating the series so I can rewatch the series in chronological order

It's cool looking and all but I agree with OP. For one of the arcs most about Koyomi to not have any of his monologue is a shame.
I enjoyed Kizu more as a book, while I prefer the show for Bake.

I wanted to hear his thought during the Hanekawa scenes

While Araragi's thoughts were more obscured, I think those scenes did a better job of portraying Hanekawa's character than the novel.

>so I can rewatch the series in chronological order
Monogatari doesn't work in chronological order

Which order is better, novel release or anime release?

Novel. Though the only change that really matters is putting Kizu before Nise.

You can read kizu anytime imo. It doesn't refer much to any other arcs and other arcs don't refer much to it

Kizu is the basis for Araragi and Shinobu's relationship. They refer back to it plenty.

Just started Kizu as well. Hype for final part to come out. I do agree though I thought something was missing even though I haven't watched Monogatari in a while since I finished all the other ones. There is a lot of areas with no dialogue at all like the first few minutes of it which makes it seem way more different.

Best girl is still so fucking cute though my lord.

I feel people are missing out from not reading the official LN translation and using commie tier subs for the movies. The official LN translation really makes the characters pop out and does them justice for their personalities.

>Best girl is still so fucking cute though my lord
If you mean short haired Kiss Shot you're right.

I'll finally get to it, does Aragagi have his inner monologue in the Kizu novel?

Yes. He has some very important inner monologues. Some of the key lines were flashed on the screen in French, but they completely left out other ones.

Does part 2 have decent subs yet or should I just rely on having read the novel?

The first subs are decent. Or are you le ebin commie memer?

>French
I don't understand why Shaft went that direction

Depends what subs you want. If you want subs based off of the kizu LN TL, they are coming soon

I just wasn't aware thanks user

>Watching in release order
Sure if you enjoy watching 7 episodes full of nothing but characters going "hey aragi remember summer and the golden week and how you are a vampire now" [BLACK SCENE] "hi im another character how you doin rememba me"

You alright newfriend?

If only that changed the fanbase interpretation of their relationship, but it doesn't. Hanekawa actually does like Araragi, and he honestly likes her too. But unfortunately some will only see her as some sociopath, while they view Araragi as just a chuuni kid, instead of a guy with issues.

The people who will think their relationship is based purely on lust won't change despite obvious points against that assertion.

It's actually kind of cute Ougi's almost tsundere reactions are when you know what she really is.

Araragi and Hanekawa will always have this multi-layered relationship. I can't really decide if I believe they could have been lovers or not.

>hi im another character how you doin rememba me
This almost never happens. The only instance I recall is the anime introducing Episode in second season before Kizu.

>view Araragi as just a chuuni kid, instead of a guy with issues.

Other than being a lolicon, what issues?

Where do we even start is a better question.

The way Ougi reacts to Hanekawa, even though she only met her post Tiger, highlights the innumerable issues he has.

Your pic itself was him just trying to look cool, but Shaft cut out the internal monologue about him choking back his tears. Cut out the part where he says that Hanekawa should keep her facade forever to be his guide, just too many issues to go through about Araragi.

>Other than being a lolicon
That is not an issue

Which was Shafts fault for not releasing Kizu and nothing to do with the writing, so even that is whatever.

>other arcs don't refer much to it
Araragi's relationship with Hanekawa and Shinobu don't make sense without it. Also, its events are constantly referred to.

This man will go to jail before he gets killed by an oddity

Elaborate on a few please. I'm not sure I understand.

I also don't completely understand the nature of Ougi's existence. She's an aberration created from Araragi's guilt right?

That being said would it be better to suggest someone to watch all of Kizu when they all come out before starting Bake or Bake then Kizu?

Ougi does and says what Araragi feels but can't do himself.

I already named some, but his issues stem from the way he views his closer relationships, it's pretty fucked up from an outside perspective.

Exactly. Which makes it funny that she especially bullies Hanekawa but calls her cute, and let's slip she wants Hanekawa to smile at her in Ougi Travel. Even as a Cat fan, I can't say his adoration with Hanekawa is totally healthy, he calls her his second mother in Nise.

The best part is that during Ougi and Hanekawa's confrontation, his internal thoughts were saying "Hanekawa can't lose" over and over in his head. The kid ain't right. Could he just admit he loves her totally, even his girlfriend proposed and outright tells Sodachi she loves her in the commentaries.

Looks like Shaft finally realized the importance of the most universal rule of storytelling: show don't tell.

There should be more adventures of Hanekawa and Ougi.

But why is Ougi a girl?

I don't know if it's explained but I assume when Ougi attaches itself to someone it changes it's gender to be opposite of who it latches on, like Araragi has a female and Kanbaru has a male but I could be completely wrong and would like to know.

Good question. If you're willing to wait, then wait until Kizu is all out. If not, you could still watch the TV series and then Kizu sometime inbetween. Also, the novel's out so that's an option too.

Only because it works out better for a movie

>I want to see fireshadowing of things I chose to see before it because they happened before in the fantasy universe so I had to see them before

I mostly ask in case someone I know or someone on Sup Forums in the future asks Monogatari recommendations. I was thinking Kizu after Bake since that is how the novels were released.

Why does Ougi exist at all though? How did it come into being? Why Araragi?

He's obviously a depressed, unmotivated teenager before he gets pulled into the world of oddities. And afterwards he only pulls through because Bat, Cat, and Crab force him to.

Ougi is unironically genderfluid. It has to do with the oddity they represent.

I have not read the chapter since the LN is still being translated but i will copy paste the wiki synopsis for you.
Ougi represents Araragi’s self-criticism. When Araragi saw "Darkness" for the first time in Shinobu Time, he realized that there is a law dictating over the world of Oddity. Araragi knows that he is too weak, too hesitant, too emotional to make harsh decisions, and he subconsciously wished for a being that can judge him, and "correct" everything wrong in this world. His desire came true as Oshino Ougi.
There are several conditions that reinforced Araragi’s creation of Ougi. When Araragi first met Seishirou in his samurai armor form, Seishirou drained some power from Kanbaru’s Rainy Devil arm, which transferred some of the essence of Tooe’s Oddity into Seishirou. Afterwards, Seishirou was devoured by Shinobu, and Rainy Devil was transferred into Shinobu. Finally, because of the special link between Shinobu and Araragi, some of Rainy Devil seeped into Araragi, promoting him to create a similar Oddity.[/spoiler

I don't know if it ever will be explained, seeing how the Ougi arc ended.
Maybe Aragagi wants to be a girl, or Ougi is Aragagi's ideal self.

I am fine with that, not everything needs to be explained. Though if Ougi is what Araragi truly wishes he was, then I feel weird about him now.

I liked it actually. Instead of using words to let your mind do the thinking, they turned it into stunning visuals and stellar animation scenes by which I'm pretty sure is 1000% harder to accomplish to do than subtle images on powerpoint presentations. I remember watching the burning Araragi scene from the first film and think "Jesus christ how long did they finish this scene?..."

t. animation student

I'd wish I was a qt spooky grill

I like it but i'd rather have the narration because fucking hell you miss out on a lot.

It's visually great but I wish I would know what's going on in his mind during some scenes.
That burning scene was great

i think user wasnt saying he didnt like the 1st movie but it ended before shit happened, like you said "that intro"

The clues were all over the place, given Ougi has a twisted version of Hanekawa's catchphrase, and was born at the exact point he started reflecting on whether he was the right person to help any of the girls.

Though I still find it funny how Hanekawa was never picked up by exorcists when she made two new breeds of oddities all on her own unconsciously with no experience or a bloodline, while Araragi uses bits of the Rainy Devil as a catalyst, which is in itself a creation of Tooe.

Hanekawa should be a living freak to these exorcists for willingly merging with two oddities, I guess that is why Oshino is like he is towards her.

Part 3 comes out in 8 days in nipland, why the fuck have we seen almost no footage?

It's better this way, won't spoil myself.

>he hasn't read kizu