At what age did you grow up out of Atheism?

At what age did you grow up out of Atheism?

16 here.

Other urls found in this thread:

weforum.org/agenda/2017/07/losing-their-religion-these-are-the-world-s-most-atheistic-countries
archive.fo/zaOGw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_atheism
archive.fo/J5Dw6
livescience.com/59361-why-are-atheists-generally-more-intelligent.html
archive.fo/AoXmv
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

still "growing" here

remind me. how many kids are taught their parent's religion and grow out of it, and how many kids are taught atheism and grow out lf it?

So utterly defeated ideologically you become routed back into the cave of superstition. Away from the public light of discourse.

I admire Islam for the beliefs it professes but we can only be staunch Atheists like Mussolini if we are to conquer the world.

niggas who belive in fairy tales about talking snakes and fiction in the year 2017 puzzle me, like whats the difference between the bible and some random ass fairytail about santa?
how fking stupid must u be to belive that shit in 2017, i really cant comprehend it in any way shape or form, the human stupidity is truly astonishing

woah Sven, did you just mention the current year? i can see fedora memes in your future

Never.

I was raised athiest.

24ish

19-20

I grew into it at the age of 19

I was raised Catholic, and I embraced Atheism about 16.

While I am open to the idea of God, I haven't seen or spoken with him and until that day I will continue to be Agnostic.

Last year, so 28

You're 16?

>When your only argument against atheism is the fedora stereotype.

You're really convincing user.

*tips*

I had a few short phases. The worst was a few years ago at age 30. I felt completely lost and that’s when I went Dawkins tier retarded because I thought he could help make life make more sense. I grew out of it fast.

Sure, and end up with a crowd taking a piss on our corpse because we dared blaspheme the Lord's name.

*fedora*

>I know! I'm gonna use atheist memes against them. That will surely show them how dumb they are. Haha, I'm so smart!

18 here.
The Catholic life is a comfy life.

You can't, you can only replace it with delusions.

22. I was raised an Atheist, I watched literally hundreds of debates on religion. Then I really looked into Christianity, read the Bible, the apologists and studied metaphorical interpretations of scripture. Never looked back.

grew out of ben stiller newatheism around 21-22
still an atheist or agnostic now at 25 though, just more philosophically literate
how did any of you grow into actual theism?

I never got fooled into joining the atheist cult.

There are no ethics, morals, or purpose in an atheist worldview. You can be a theist without belief in an anthropormorphic omnipotent deity, and religious canon. Belief in the human soul or objective values suffice.Secular materialists are the plague of civilization.

I dont buy the god thing but they welcomed me as one of the family
the serious christian activists have a positive aura around them
people have told me my smile has become much beautiful now
strange

Thought experiments. I took value in human life as a given and morals as a given. Secular ethics did not resonate with me at all. Got more into Eastern religions, philosophies, eventually anthroposophy and traditionalism.

18 honestly i was pretty embarassed about it afterwards,also most of my friends gre out of it at about the same age.

At what age did you grow out of (((christianity))) retard? Are you one of those people that chose to grow more retarded as they grew older.

What is Atheism? Rejction of god, nothing more nothing less. That cannot be degenerate.

Atheism is not inherently anti white and pro jew like christianity.

This proves "degenerate Atheism" is just another (((christian))) lie. It only exists in their mind. Some of the most anti immigrant countries are highly Atheist.
weforum.org/agenda/2017/07/losing-their-religion-these-are-the-world-s-most-atheistic-countries
archive.fo/zaOGw

Atheism is not only older than christianity but also truly European. The first atheist was an ancient Greek man named Diagoras of Melos.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_atheism
archive.fo/J5Dw6

Pro-White Atheists and Pagans strongly united against (((christians))),jews and mudslimes.
livescience.com/59361-why-are-atheists-generally-more-intelligent.html
archive.fo/AoXmv

LIST OF PRO-WHITE ATHEISTS:
Alex Linder
Ben Klassen
Craig Cobb
Dr. Kevin MacDonald
Dr. William Luther Pierce
Matt Hale
Revilo Oliver
Tom Metzger

>There are no ethics, morals, or purpose in an atheist worldview
Are you retarded? Do you honestly think profound meaning can not be ascribed to: pacifism, traditionalism, hard work, etc., if god is not believed in? There is so much wrong with your statement that it's difficult to even start explaining your mistake.

This. Excellent meme bro! Keep up the good work. Your memes triggers the christcucks.

nice copypasta but neither pierce nor macdonald were atheists

You where never an atheist than. You must've always had a thought that God could be real. You can't find something that isn't there. if you never believed that than you where never an atheist

religion is the final state. about 20-25

>being a demoralized atheist faggot
For what purpose?

Right, only there are, they are called norms and values. If atheism doesn't have morals, why aren't atheist complete savages then? Why don't I see atheists going out and slaughtering everybody they see? I mean they have no morals or a purpose in life, so why would they care?

so still no personal god?
what do you mean thought experiments?

I never strayed

I was more of an apathetic agnostic really, I was raised semi-religious but did not care for it at all.

Sound philosophy and national zeal came with me growing out of childhood.

21 actually, I was pretty deep emerged in it but I found my way out

Do you define atheism as inherently secular or as simply absense of a deity?

the left can't meme

"atheism" was all about making fun of american bible thumpers online but it turns out they were right all along

Jews are so terrible satan would kick them out of hell

Norms are not values. They don't behave as savages for one of three reaons
1. They are spiritual/ theistic people in denial
2. They still feel guilt. Taking the pleasure/pain principle people would rather not feel lain, so they don't behave as savages. NOTE: This doesn't say that guilt is a good thing or a value
3. They don't want to be persecuted. You may not steal and murder in an RPG because merchants wouldn't trade with you, there would be bounties n you, etc.

None of these deal with the actual value of morals beyond a selfish one.

why do they keep electing pedophiles then?

they're slaughtering their own newborns ;)

You are wrong, god isn't needed for good morals and healthy societies. If you think it's required you are simply inexperienced.

This man named OP triggered every militant atheist (who wastes their 1 life by shitposting on Sup Forums) with just 1 easy trick! Find out how!

I just sat and thougt. The largest issue was why should one behave in a moral fashion.
Suppose one could relieve themselves of both internal distress(guilt/shame) and external persecution, why should one not behave immorally. You can kill somebody for 100 dollars, nobody finds out, and you have an augmentation/spell that allows you to not feel guilt. Why should you not do it? You get 100 dollars and nothing bad comes out of it. It is simply irrational and not in your best interest to spare the man.Eventually, I came to the conclusion that there is an inherent value of the human experience/soul.

Are you talking about abortion? Atheists can be pro-life. I am pro-life. I don't need religion to value human lifes.

You seem to be confused. You don't grow out of not being superstitious, it's the other way around.

Early 20s then converted to islam

Are the the one from yesterday who started a thread about atheism and then freaked out when you found out Hitler made allies with Saudi Arabia? Is that why you now are sucking Mussolini's dick?

Opposing Christianity =/= being an atheist
I oppose Christianity too, but does that mean I'm an atheist?

What is the value of human life without belief in a soul, or an objective spiritual/God given status?

26, still waiting for proofs

>waiting for empirical evidence
>instead of using rationalism
>being 26 and never considering rationalist evidence at all

Keep waiting user. FFS, you're the shame of our generation.

Life has no objective purpose, everyone has their own personal goals in life. I could ask you the samw question? Why don't you starve yourself to death if all that matters is the afterlife? What is the value of life in the grand scheme of things?

$129,000 for a white european
$350 for a black from africa
everyone else inbetween

>Keep waiting user.
I will, I have a good feeling in my lifetime something will happen that will solve most if not all questions regarding God.

I can shoot lasers out of my eyes and bend steel beams with my mind. I'm aure you don't need proof user, just have a little faith.

alright, that makes sense
inherent value of the human soul isn't equivalent to god though, so how did you get there?

18 and again at 26

>makes empirical claims
>can offer empirical evidence
>asking for a rationalist question about what caused everything
>thinks it's going to be at his finger tips

I mean, it would feel wrong making an IQ joke right here.

There no objective spiritual/God given status, you are using subjective terms incorrectly, referencing "muh bible" isn't objective, no more than a Donald Duck comic.

Human life is like all life, wants to continue.

Most of us have empathy to understand that, it's very useful by-product of evolution that made mankind top dog.

Just look at how much christians hate faggots and support pedos, they are willing to kill them and let kids be fucked because it's moral.

Religion isn't required for evil nor good.

Many people would do it. Just because you had the sub-conscious moral inclination to not kill a person in that situation isn't evidence of the fact that morality is inherent in everyone. Perhaps you have only proven the fact it is in yourself. Also the fact comes up that morality, as we perceive it in others, is subjective. One may think that stoning and adulteress is genuinely the right thing to do. So obviously morality isn't some uniform all permeating force in everyone that matches the moral dilemma you had in your thought experiment.

I believe it blindly! I need this faith! I'm a shell of a human being who can't think for himself and need others to Make outrages claims for me to parrot and beilive in

>"muh bible" isn't objective
This parts true.

>objective
You mean empirical.

>Just look at how much christians hate faggots and support pedos, they are willing to kill them and let kids be fucked because it's moral.

Wut

>Can offer empirical evidence

Think about that for a moment user.

>Life has no objective purpose
t. vvd stemmer

Give me one good reason why I should.
Atleast agnostic since organized religion is an obvious lie

BE PRAISED MY SON! FAGGELUJAH!

unironicly this

Yes, for an evidence you claim is based inherently provable. You say you can do it right now, at will, and in our presence. How do you prove creation's creator at will,right here, and right now? You can only use rationalism.

The purpose of life is to actualize your desires within a moral framework. However,the question at hand is that value? An ant has desires and goals, doss its life really have purpose or value?

I never even claimed existence of an afterlife. However, I would argue that one should try to spread love and joy while on Earth and starcing yourself would impede on that goal.
Nihilists have coherent and sound ideas. I just believe they aren't valid.

Only argument the christcuck manchildren have

Just because there are immoral agents does not refute the concept of objective morality. It merely claims that they do not adhere to that set of morals.

Nja, of elke andere niet-christelijke partij. Ik stem persoonlijk niet, aangezien ik me niet 100% kan vinden in een enkele partij

>wasting your life in church and praying
>thinking atheists or agnostics waste more time

The evidence is there user. How can you even deny it during the fall of the west? Whether it's causal or an effect doesn't matter. It's a thermometer for moral energy. Do you think your country is going to survive the century?

You never stated the value of morality on an individual level. Just because it has utility in societies which are beneficial to individuals, it does not claim that if others are already behaving in a moral fashion, why one shouldn't abuse that and take it for their own advantage.

Explain to me a true good and evil. Cultural relatavism and social contract theory can not do this. It permits anything, its hardly a position at all.

>I never even claimed existence of an afterlife. However, I would argue that one should try to spread love and joy while on Earth and starcing yourself would impede on that goal.

And I fully agree, any decent human being would agree. The difference is that I spread love and decency because I choose to, not because some genocidal superior being is telling me to.

Care to share some evidence?

What is the evidence?

Rationalist methodology? Let's start here: have you read Aquinas?

So let's start from the very beginning. There's empiricism, a philosophical branch that's going to examine the universe through sensory perception. Then there's rationalism, which is extrapolating information through deduction. We have had to use rationalism to push particle and atomic theories for instance. So what we're trying to do is look at what we have, and figure out how it was made. How we got here. What was in the beginning, before the beginning of the observable universe.

Ik stem ook niet, maar dat is omdat stemmen een joodse leugen is om ons het idee te geven dat het volk iets te zeggen heeft.

Ik hoop dat je er ooit achter komt dat het leven wel een doel heeft, niet om te worden gered van een niet bestaande hel, maar om te worden gered van de hel genaamd nihilisme.

24ish

Atheism is a stupid religion. I was young and dumb.

So you're a literal manchild?

No. What is it about and why does it matter?

>Raised Catholic
>Become 'atheist' around 16
>Everything sucks, I'm the only person who matters
>Start smoking weed
>Start reading about ancient civilizations and religions
>start drawing connections between certain civilizations, success, and beliefs that they held
>learn about DMT
>use DMT
>see crazy shit I can't explain, I'm tripping af and here a kind of quiet drone in the background
>be years later, smoking weed
>DMT is supposed to help open up the third eye
>be bored and decide to try to crack it open while staring at myself in a mirror
>a few minutes into meditating my eyes start watering and I hear the same sound as when I took DMT
>My vision changes a bit, becoming slightly more lucid
>this goes on for about 10 minutes, just standing in the bathroom in pure elation as my eyes water
>Hear God
>"It's okay to be white"
Now here I am at 22.

I never claimed belief in a genocidal superior being. Furthermore, you don't answer my question. What makes "decency" valuable, and why should others choose to behave in such a manner if it is not in their self interest?