Are there even any Nip VAs who are fluent in English?

Are there even any Nip VAs who are fluent in English?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oBhlM0UpHLU
youtube.com/watch?v=obmznjYHLWI
youtu.be/_WyaysYQoFI?t=19
youtube.com/watch?v=3LwchtP14cY
youtube.com/watch?v=Vpz298XHrxw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STEP_Eiken),
oreimo-anime.com/1st/radio/backnumber.html
oreimo-anime.com/radio/backno.html
youtube.com/watch?v=2L7Qt7yMsqk
youtube.com/watch?v=r1YSEDT-ZPc
youtu.be/5TXTpik5wf4
youtu.be/7hpzMfusmzs
youtu.be/8_0zYcj-43E
youtu.be/Lr0qliEZCOU?t=2m16s
youtube.com/watch?v=gtVwrXwHizE
youtube.com/watch?v=X97K-euUDfs
youtube.com/watch?v=0E91x6X2wQU
youtube.com/watch?v=Y3LCT1DzBq8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Warspite's seiyuu in KanColle is

Sawashiro is pretty good
youtu.be/oBhlM0UpHLU

pretty sure a lot of them are
too bad they have speak broken english for purpose because that's how nips understand it

Ad-mai-ral

That's because Miyuki is perfect.

Are there even any American VAs who can voice act?

Yuu Asakawa is probably one of the more conversational level english speakers. Still has a bit of an accent but almost has a valley girl tone.

youtube.com/watch?v=obmznjYHLWI

Of course, but they don't do dubs.

youtu.be/_WyaysYQoFI?t=19

That is actually how the brits said it back then.

Didn't Miyuki Sawashiro do the dub voice for Puchiko? Though when I met her, she said she only knows enough to order food.

Horikawa Ryo does. He runs his agency with the dream of producing talent capable of voice acting in English.

Asa-nee
>tfw will never be her and Rei's drinking buddy

That's passable but not "pretty good".

I just wish these OreImo radio shows are on the net

youtube.com/watch?v=3LwchtP14cY

Mai waifu

Faiyahr

you shut your whore mouth

You mean they can't be afforded be the anime dub industry.

Why the fuck aren't there more clips of her in America/speaking english

I believe Yuko Goto has qualified as a translator/interpreter and has a solid grasp of English to Japanese as a result.

Because she sucks.

No u

Mari Iijima, but she only did one VA role. youtube.com/watch?v=Vpz298XHrxw
Also she's in her 50s, but looks 20 years younger.

im dying of moe

When Kugimiya Rie was still doing radio shows, she bragged that she had some level of Eiken ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STEP_Eiken), I think it was B1

They are

oreimo-anime.com/1st/radio/backnumber.html

oreimo-anime.com/radio/backno.html

She did only for like 8 episodes though
And it's a lot easier to read an english script than to hold a proper conversation

Apparently she lived in Australia for 18 years. There's a little bit of gaijin accent in her Japanese.

Oh that's cute.
I can't find any proof though, so I guess I'll just believe you.

Obligatory Yuko Goto
youtube.com/watch?v=2L7Qt7yMsqk

youtube.com/watch?v=r1YSEDT-ZPc

Anri Okita

Holy shit, her voice is pure sex.

Aya Hirano knows English after studying in NYC.

>Not posting this youtu.be/5TXTpik5wf4
I still cannot believe she studied English in the states after hearing this. Even if she talks in fucking appalling English she sounds sexy.

This is so funny

Sarah Bonito should VA with her qt British Japanese accent.

youtu.be/7hpzMfusmzs

damn it you're right

It is the exact opposite for me. Reminds me of the selected Singaporean VA for that one MS-tan that I can't remember. Funny, it sounds completely wrong if they are too smooth at English and try to make their Nip sound convincingly foreign. Mangled parodies are still better.

The fuck did she say at the end? Had to listen to 'that' again.

I forgot this happened.

Kakihara is, he studied in Germany iirc

What about Satoshi Hino? Wasn't he born in the US?

Just born, I don't he actually grew up there.

He was born in Düsseldorf and that is why they call him Rolf.

youtu.be/8_0zYcj-43E

Ah, I got that wrong then. Here's a fun clip if anyone wants it

youtu.be/Lr0qliEZCOU?t=2m16s

That blonde girl's English is very good.

I'm sure most high profile hollywood/disney/whatever voice actors wouldn't really want to voice underaged schoolgirl who wants to fuck her big brother regardless of the pay.

Did the subs actually mistake "Really" for "Ready"?

it may be the duwang guys

They look so uncomfortable. I feel uncomfortable just watching this.

Their nipples point at what?

Laputa

He speaks German fluently, mainly because he is German (at least his passport says so), English and Japanese.
I wish I'd hear him speak German in Anime, K was the best setup but they ruined it.
>Fear Greek
How do you fuck up "Viel Glück" that badly?

>meine Titten
Titten are not nipples, nipples are Nippel, Titten are tits.
Why fuck that up? Come on, man.

Many dub actors do have talent, but the ADR directors are terrible and/or won't do multiple takes. It's even worse now that there's pressure to dub a show as it airs. It's a cancerous situation enabled by apologists who are terrified that the industry will go back to sub only releases. They will never criticize a dub, even if it is objectively bad. The industry heads know this and are laughing all the way to the bank.

That's because they hired a native speaker for her English lines.

It's Symphogear. Either she had a stroke, or she was told to do it poorly on purpose as a joke.

youtube.com/watch?v=gtVwrXwHizE
There's Nanoha at least, but he only gets short lines here and there.

Would that it were so simple

>kakkoi
She is aware what a nipple is right?

It's funny how she repeated "Schwanz" over and over again, but would never say "chinpo" in public.

Murase Ayumu was born and raised for a couple years in America.
Kimura Subaru is half German and half Japanese that speaks English as well.

Does she know what the fuck she's saying?

Michael Rivas.

youtube.com/watch?v=X97K-euUDfs

He's not nip

Isn't he a halfie?

Probably not, but she should be aware of it, they talked about "male genitalia" after all. The formal name is just "Penis" which is Latin for "tail" so it doesn't really make a difference between Schwanz and Penis.
I mean "Schwanz" either means "dick/cock" or "tail" so it isn't that bad. If it weren't for the sexual connotation of the dialogue taking place.

She enjoys dicks

VAs in Assassination classroom has really good english.

Nyuurin is areola. Kaki fucked it up since the very beginning.

Well areola isn't really a term in German it would be "Warzenvorhof" literally "wart fore court".
So "the thing around the breast wart (nipple)".

youtube.com/watch?v=0E91x6X2wQU
This guy

I don't know these things always sound so forced. Like someone is pointing a gun at them and tells them to have fun.

Not a VA, but I'd hire her.

Don't forget Vegeta

youtube.com/watch?v=Y3LCT1DzBq8

SPIRAL ARROW.

>tfw you will never coach your favourite VA in spoken English

That doesn't count as nip
Pure nips are terrible at english

>tfw I get to hear Reinhard speaking English

Ad-muh-dick

Holy shit, you can totally hear it

Considering how well Maaya sings her English songs, I'm willing to bet she's better than 99℅ of nips

Danganronpa OP

Pretty sure Sakamoto's fluent, isn't she?

Yeah, she's great when singing English. There's an accent but the grammar and pronunciation are overall correct. Funny, I read somewhere she doesn't have much confidence in her English speaking abilities

"Fluency" is very subjective. From Japanese standards, probably the majority are. The problem is that Japanese instruction in English is appallingly bad and centers more around reading comprehension than anything else, skipping pronunciation and conversational speech too often for an English speaker to consider the majority of them fluent at all. The lucky ones are the ones that get sent over to the US for homestays or manage to get into a school with non-Japanese instructors, they tend to come out with a much better grasp of the spoken word than their peers.

On the converse, at least in the US, the bulk of Japanese instructors are Japanese.

why did the girls act like such 2 faced cunts? do VAs act like this in real life?

Shit, I'd move over there and do it for cheap if given the opportunity.

No, all your nip VA are inhumanly perfect and angelic just like in your Indonesian cereal boxart would have you believe

I've seen anons say Sayaka Ohara (Irisviel, Erza) has flawless English but I've never been able to find an example of her speaking it.
Googling "Sayaka Ohara English" gives results making that claim as well, but I'll be damned if I can find a clip.

of course
in fact this show was very mild

she has few lines in kiniro mosaic as alice's mom

This is why german dubs are much superior, there the anime VAs are VAs from mainstream shows such as Scrubs, Malcolm in the middle and the like and as such the quality is singificantly better.

I might even prefer FMA and DN in german

>german dubs
>good
Ich hoffe doch sehr, dass du das nicht tust.
I seriously hope you don't do this.