Jordan Peterson

Is it wrong to feel pride for your country/people/race, like Jordan Peterson says? He says it doesn't make sense to feel proud of something you had no part in, because it's a sign of low self-esteem or something (or LARPing, as we would say), and people who achieve great things as individuals have no need for that.

But when I look at stuff like this webm, I can't help but feel proud of and connected to the country I live in, to my people. And I'm proud of my ancestors who fought so bravely against all odds, and to whom I owe my life. Does this make me a loser? But I also have skills and talents of my own, and I'm proud of those too. Why is the former wrong, but the latter okay?

How would you rationally argue against Peterson's view?

(I'll try to find the tweets he tweeted, gimme a sec)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TN3onvIAsz4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What if my son wins a contest, and I tell him "I'm proud of you, son"? Is that wrong too? Because it wasn't me who won the contest, it was him. But I still want to tell him I'm proud.

Tribalism is natural.
You can find it in every animal.

Here's one of the tweets

I agree. Why should we go against our nature? To me the ideal would be nation states divided along racial/ethnic and/or ideological lines. Too much diversity leads to violence.

>no one has a genetic interest in their race

As a child you orientate yourself on your relatives, so as a like kid you learn to stick with your own race or at least to prefer it as a last resort.

>how do you define white
Americans define everything that has European roots as white, while some Europeans only consider you white if you have blond hair and pale skin.

Its who you ask.
If you ask 50 people, you will get at least get 3 different opinion on the topic.

> Too much diversity leads to violence.

No too much diversity leads to racism.

>burn something is based
TIL

The concept of racial pride is utterly preposterous, people, you'll realize that once you slay the dragon that is cleaning your room.

>and/or ideological lines
(to expand on this)

For example, if you enjoy diversity, you could have a country where you could be among people from all possible backgrounds. If there's enough of you weirdos, and you want it strongly enough, maybe you'll succeed in creating one such country. But diversity shouldn't be imposed on everyone in the world, and you shouldn't shame people who want to be among people who look and think similarly to them. That's also how we choose our own friends - we don't want to constantly argue and look for compromises. There's a time and a place for all that, but most of the time we just want to go about our lives, and for that you need stability.

>Is it wrong to feel pride for your country/people/race, like Jordan Peterson says?
In what context did he say it? I'd say yes, it is wrong to feel pride for something you didn't achieve personally. You should feel motivated to accomplish something equally as great as your forebears if you can only attain pride through grandiose accomplishment, not to wallow in their shadows.

Taking care of yourself is natural. Caring for people who are unrelated to you only so far in blood and race isn't natural.

>Because it wasn't me who won the contest, it was him. But I still want to tell him I'm proud.
Slightly different because your child is a reflection of yourself. You are the child in OP's scenario, therefore you you strive to make your parent (ethnicity, country whatever) proud

>that's a good goy disassociate yourself from your own people and ingroup, whilst we jews do the opposite
You can't even fucking marry a jew without in many cases converting to judaism, and then you are still not fully a jew because you are not a jew by blood.
They WANT you to be simply an individual so that they can defeat you as a group constantly doing favours for eachother and putting jews first before anyone else. Aswell as it lowers resistance for mass immigration and the immigrants are then ALSO pitted against you.
I have no idea why peterson said this bullshit, he has had some decent videos. Idk if he's high on all the patreon money so he can just say what he really thinks now or what it is, but it's dissapointing that he can be so obtuse, it's an argument that is so well known by anyone here and why it is peddled (just described it to you), that it's nonsensical to even debate it. But if you are obtuse about it then debate it with this in mind.

As if the jews would let the countries they live in be homogenous with them as outsiders again.

People in many countries are very ancestrally linked and they're like a team that together achieved some amazing things. To claim that "ah it wasn't you who did it or whatever so don't be proud of that" is an attempt to belittle and desintegrate the ingroup. These tactics are all to do the same thing. Desintegrate ingroup desintegrate ingroup desintegrate ingroup, be an individual desintegrate ingroup. And then large groups of people run you people over.
It's like an entire country deciding to be only individuals and not give a fuck about eachother other than that for the most part. And so, everyone who operates with ingroup preference can fucking run corners around all of them one by one, because they're not "connected" to eachother.
REALIZE THIS!
Literally like someone saying to you
>"don't defend yourself and your values and who you are as a people in your own nation".
And then go muhahaha here come dat ingroup jew boi we're gonna take over. Good goy remember never yourself first but minorities first especially if he's a jew, remember you are an individual and it is beautiful! You are very tolerant goy very tolerant GOOD GOY!

To explain in his own language: Feeling pride for one's country is like respecting all one's group has invested over their lifes spans and left for other generations - the sacrificing for the future - the base for every higher civilization. Thats why everything is so tiresome in Africa.

Whenever a Sup Forumstard feels threatened by Jordan is when he is on the far right or left. Civilization needs balance of both with dialogue to grow, evolve and prosper.

>Define right and wrong Mr Peterson.

There now you’ve shut the stupid faggot up.

not sure why you are sucking on peterson's dick so much. a rational world view still has subjective elements to it, because we are humans after all. the morality and principles we hold are something that we define ourselves to certain extents. peterson might be right about most of the shit he says but in my mind, this is incorrect and if you feel the same, good for you, you're not a mindless bandwagoning shithead and can think for yourself. personally, i think feeling pride in what your ancestors accomplished is perfectly fine if you do it in the right context. if you feel love for your people, for your heritage that binds you and all these other human beings together, that's fine, but if you believe that you yourself are of some greater worth because of that fact alone, i think you're wrong. if we rely and care for our own accomplishments alone then we might as well cease to exist as a society.

So jordan b peterson was entirely wrong. You're not a knight fighting the dragon. You're an individual knight getting eaten by the hydra one by one. Instead of gathering together as an army putting their shields up and defending themselves from it. And if you don't do that the hydra is now the ruler of your entire country, and you are shattered and separated and disconnected as individuals apathetically not caring about what happens.

A historian who studies the history of their people, forbears and forefathers of their nation and feels a sense of pride knowing all that they have did for the younger generations. That sounds pretty reasonable to me, just because you are not solely responsible does not mean you can't get a strong sense of collectivisim and community.

Also everyday you add your nation in some way or another you are a collective all working together. "It's nationalism Which endiges a nation not the other way around" -someone

>if you feel love for your people, for your heritage that binds you and all these other human beings together, that's fine, but if you believe that you yourself are of some greater worth because of that fact alone, i think you're wrong
this

He actually have defined it as he sees it. Things are further from bad and closer to good if:
>It's good for you
>while it's good for your family
>while it's good for your neighboors
>and so on and so on
>while it's good for humanity

What are you going on about?

Something feels off. I get the feeling that he has been blackmailed or something. This does not seem like him.

>>if you feel love for your people, for your heritage that binds you and all these other human beings together, that's fine, but if you believe that you yourself are of some greater worth because of that fact alone, i think you're wrong
Wrong, because then you don't feel like you have anything to defend, since one is just as good as any fucking other so why not be just an individual and nothing anymore than that. All of these are subtle ingroup destroyers dumbasses.
It's like having no friends and then getting run over by a horde of stupid but very cohesive united group clear about what they want to achieve. And you're going, hey help me out over here they're coming.
>shit i don't care about you i'm an individual
But they're going to fuck me up
>who cares about that that's YOUR problem asshole.
See what happens?
If you don't unique enough to defend as a group, you're not going to.

>What are you going on about?
Click my id and go read.

Confirmed for dumb kike.

If YOU do what is best for you it will make your life better, YOU do what is best for your family it will make your life and your family’s, life better. If you do what is best for your state every turtle down the line benefits. Are you so fucking dumb you don’t see you are not only an individual but an individual that is part of a greater group. You should do what’s best for you and those around you. To think singularily creates the isolation.

Why is Petercuck not talking about Solzhenytsin's Two Hundred Years together, while at the same time shilling constantly for the Gulag Archipellago?
He is scared of Jewish power

confirmed for not living in a monoethnic situation or society or being too young to know anything about what that is/was like.
Already slammed the kikes for promoting this crap in my replies, and explained to you why you're doing it. But it will take a few minutes to digest if it's the first time you've heard of it.

I agree on principle that race shouldn’t matter but when people say this white people laugh since the rule is only supposed to apply to us.

hes right you know, only retards feel such pride.

also patriotism is a form of brainwasching, if you a patriotic person, you are brainwasched

The only country in last century, which was worth to live in and die for if you must sacrifice yourself, was III Reich.

Ergo every race is allowed to have cultural pride and heritage pride except whites, so whites laugh when you tell them race doesn’t matter.

You're a fucking idiot. Perpetuating and wanting what's best for your gene pool is an evolutionary requirement.

Until he calls out “indigenous peoples” as being unaccomplished losers for literally worshiping their ancestors, I’ve got nothing for him.

Minorities have pride in their race that they apply to themselves regardless of character or accomplishments, we should be no different. On this subject Petersen is absolutely incorrect.

God, what got you fags so damn butthurt about Peterson?

I live in a monoethnic family and greater family with friends. I want what is best for them but I still want what’s best for those around me and hope they bring themselves up but that’s their problem. You have been brainwashed by CIA Jews on here to care too much about what other people are doing. Dummy.

No. He’s correct that race shouldn’t matter or be a symbol of pride. The problem is that rule is only enforced for whites.

I'd be willing to relinquish ancestral pride, as long as leftists are willing to relinquish ancestral guilt.

>pride in who you intrinsically are culturally is brainwashing

You're fucking stupid.

>also patriotism is a form of brainwasching, if you a patriotic person, you are brainwasched
>The only country in last century, which was worth to live in and die for if you must sacrifice yourself, was III Reich.
Just KYS you brainwashed GERMan scum. GTFO from Poland! Silesia is Polish since Piast times!

You're an idiot, and if this is what petersons videos have lead you to then you need to stop right now and think about what it is you're listening to because he started off critiquing cultural marxism which destroys this ingroup identity and then he segways into THIS BULLSHIT? I'm warning you.
Lack of patriotism and ethnic/tribal bond and kinship with eachother even if you don't know them or are directly friends with them is what's causing this situation in majority white nations. Or we would've collectively said no to a lot of these things.
Everyone else have very strong ingroup and prefer themselves, so what's happening is whilst every white person grandstand as tolerant individuals all these different interest groups are implenting their own policies and ways of life upon us. Jews have jewish tribal identity and judaism, transnational wherever they are. Muslims have the ummah, muslims everywhere no matter where they are support muslim before everyone else, black people support black people globally wherever they are and so on, whites had monolithic ethnic nations that preserved themselves and was for them and their people. This is what was called patriotism. Go grandstand as an individual some more and see these groups run right over you and ransack your country dumbass. But atleast you were a tolerant individualist and didn't care particular what happened to someone like you because one is just as good as the other you're nothing unique worth preserving. See what happens there?!?!? It's no fucking mystery.

Wrong, it should matter because they're a symbol of your culture and success of a people as a whole. It should be celebrated

Love for your people and your common heritage is better for community cohesion than something as arbitrary as pride. I'd die for someone I loved, but not for something I was "proud" of. Looking back on my ancestors with "pride" is secondary to looking back with respect and gratitude

I did you're rambling

xDDD
Exactly!
youtube.com/watch?v=TN3onvIAsz4

You are too simple minded to understand the message here...

Since majority of world population/ majority of citizens of your country are avarge IQ etc, you need to keep them proud of their nation/race etc, to keep them efficient as citizens and united = you must keep majority of your country brainwashed, otherwise they go full anarchy, and wild retards.

>Love for your people and your common heritage is better for community cohesion than something as arbitrary as pride. I'd die for someone I loved, but not for something I was "proud" of. Looking back on my ancestors with "pride" is secondary to looking back with respect and gratitude
There's such a thing as healthy pride, peterson believes pride is toxic in and of itself it isn't.
If you remove all pride from a person you get very close to saying that maybe there's nothing at all to even have respect for. So it acts like a buffer. And it's not pride so much for simply yourself it's not egotistical pride but ingroup pride in that you like the group and want to help the group.
>you're rambling
The responses were not entirely orderly, but if you put them together definately not. Stop being a brainlet.

>you need to keep them proud of their nation/race etc, to keep them efficient as citizens and united
No shit AND THAT'S A GOOD THING, that's why the smarter leaders should advocate patriotism, if they aren't crypto-Jewish traitors that is.

he's a fucking canadian, so his country is not an ethnostate to begin with.
all countries in europe are named after their dominant ethnic group (cue amerimutts making BLACKED jokes)

it's not really "pride" so much as it is loyalty and respect for one's ancestors.
peterson is spouting typical neo-liberal bullshit.
this is the same line of reasoning ive seen used in germany to discourage nationalism.

"you had no choice in being german, so you have no right to be proud"

jordan peterson is actually a brainlet it turns out.

AND THAT'S THE BLOODY THING WITH IDEOLOGIES. YOU KNOW I ALWAYS SAY THAT PEOPLE DON'T HAVE IDEAS, IDEAS HAVE PEOPLE. AND THAT'S THE BLOODY IDEA THAT'S WRAPPED ITS HEAD AROUND AN UNDERWATER KOREAN BASKET WEAVING CARTOON MESSAGE BOARD.

IT'S LIKE.

IT'S LIKE YOU DECIDE OK, OK SO LETS SAY YOU TURN IN AN ESSAY OR A TEST AND YOU GET A PRETTY POOR GRADE YOU KNOW, ONE YOU DIDN'T THINK YOU WERE GOING TO GET. NOW YOU'VE ENCOUNTERED AN ANOMALY. YOU'VE LEFT THE TREES AND YOU'RE ON THE VELDT, AND THAT'S THE BLOODY THING. IT'S NOT ON YOUR OWN VOLITION OF COURSE. SO YOU'VE GOT A COUPLE OF OPTIONS YOU CAN BUCKLE DOWN AND TRY HARDER. OR LETS SAY THIS BAD GRADE THROWS YOU SO. FAR. OFF. THE. TRACK. THAT YOU SAY WELL I COULD JUST DROP THIS CLASS. I COULD JUST DROP OUT OF COLLEGE. I COULD DROP OUT OF THE NORMS OF SOCIETY. AND THEN YOU CAN DROP OUT OF LIFE.

AND BELIEVE ME. THAT IS NOT A ROUTE YOU WANT TO GO DOWN. YOU CAN EXTRAPOLATE THE CONSEQUENCES OF A BAD GRADE ALL THE WAY TO GENOCIDE. AND THAT'S NO JOKE

lol, you had no part in your country being there? your country certainly has a place in you being here. there exists a tie, whatever it might be and a person ought to have some loyalty to their people however wide they wish to define that. except for the post-national UN-approved goodgoy state of canada, first of its kind. few people have loyalty to this place and even then it may be misguided. this places deserves none of that.

tradition is not the worship of ashes but the preservation of fire

To be fair, you have to have averyhigh IQ to understand Jordan Peterson. The dialectic is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn most of the points will go over a typical listeners head. There's also Petersons individualist outlook, which is deftly woven into his oration - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromJungian Psychoanalysis, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to trulyappreciatethe depths of these talks, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Jordan Peterson truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Petersons existential catchphrase “Clean your room“ which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epicFathers and Sons.I'm smirking right now justimaginingone of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Petersons genius unfolds itself on their youtube screens. What fools... how Ipitythem. And yes by the way, I DO have a Maps of Meaning tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Is there a reason why you post the Deutscher Orden which was literally at war with Poland for centuries? Bist Du bei den Polacken untergetausht, Sören?

Yes thats a good thing, for low and med IQ people/citizens.

Those above average intelligent people, are reasonable, they dont blindly believe that somthing is good, until it actually IS GOOD.

When it is good = its worthy of fighting for, being loyal to... etc

Nowdays there is no nation worthy to fight for, but there are some cultures which should be defended.

Patriotism = sign of retardation..

TO make it even more clear..

YOU DO NOT Love your parents, just cause they are your parents, they must deserve your love and respect, who knows maybe your parents are edgy pedophiles, who dont give a fuck about you - would you still love such parents?

You do not show true respect to your boss/king/comander until he actually deserves such respect, If you show respect cause you fear = you low or mid IQ person, if you show respect and loyalty for a show - you a shill, jewscum, Be honorable and respect and remain loyal to those, who are worth of your respect/loyalty.

Intelligent people can think for themself, nobody needs to teach them to believe in somthing, without reason in it ( that does not include religion )

This. (((Individualism))) leads to degeneracy. Humans evolved and speciated in our own separate ways. Pair bonding and the family unit are the cornerstones of Western European civilizations since the beginning and should thusly be upheld, but Jewish inventions like (((women in the workplace))) and (((race mixing))) threaten the sanctity of these institutions which are the pillars of our society today.
>Solution is pic related

hes canadian, we have nothing, so he thinks thats the way it should be

>Nowdays there is no nation worthy to fight for, but there are some cultures which should be defended.
>Patriotism = sign of retardation..
Thanks a lot sayanim.
Just because kikes didn't have a nation for several thousands of years doesn't mean others didn't. And those nations consisted of very very similar people who had blood and soil relations and very closely connected to eachother.
How convenient jews want to trash those structures and bloodlines with mass immigration and then claim that our people are not worth defending but just our culture, eventhough the culture is directly informed by the people of which it consists of and is precisely why it's a disaster of balkanization and pulling in different directions till people give up and pretend to be individuals and the organized kikes then just run over everybody since they maintain vigilantly their ingroup preference. Muslims do exact same thing with the ummah.
These poisonous kikes ideologies are based simply on their own disposition of losing their own nation and not having one for thousands of years. So to them everyone else must do what the oh so clever in their minds kikes want them to do so and lose their own integrity of their own nations people and cultures so that the kike can feel more comfortable and practice his nepotism. Which is precisely why the kikes were kicked out of so many nations for attempting to instill this bastard philosophy upon people who did not require it.
It's the kikes that need to learn they are wrong and unfair about this.

It's also in an animals nature to rape and murder, why go against that?

*precisely why mass immigration is a disaster to such nations.

he says nothing about not being prout of your coutry or its people.
To argue his view you would first have to not misrepresent it.

getting real tired of this JBP shill threads
m o d s are faggooooos
>in all fields

you must be a hoot at parties

i agree with this but if you are a club footed retard who had to stay home you shouldn't build yourself up as a proud spartan warrior and this is analogous to 90% of pol.

How would you interpret this tweet then?

If he doesn't like being misrepresented, maybe he should stop using such loaded terms, and start being more specific, so we don't get bogged down in semantics, just like his weird use of the word 'truth', which is bound to leave a lot of people scratching their heads

He's making a pretty fine distinction here. Numerous times he explains some very good reasons why our traditions and cultural expectations are important and vital, and not something that should be thrown away lightly. If that doesn't count as "being proud" to him, it's because he's defining pride differently from most people.

The fact that he's willing to slam on the brakes of the out-of-control rollercoaster that is modern progressive 'values' is off great value. It was foolish to ever think he was a white nationalist or a NatSoc or whatever crazy vision his fanboys had for him. He's exactly what he presents himself as: a psychologist whose research into ideological capture has made him critical of the ideology of progressivism and those clueless or weak-willed enough to be captured by it.

What peterson doesn't get is that "white" he goes on to pretend that it means iranians etc. It doesn't. Was an identity particular and specific to the US since it was a pan european identity consisting of germans, british, french italians and others. And since they tried an experiment to have these different ones live together in the same nation (not done before). The White moniker was born. And that's all it meant. Any attempt to lob anyone else into the "white" category is a massive error.
In europe, there is german, not white, italian not white, british not white, danish, not white, swedish not white, norwegian not white, and so on and so forth all across europe. They each represent unique tribes almost nearly 100% ethnic majorities in the past atleast. So they were essentially monolithic nations of their own tribe/kin. And patriotism was for that particular nation to safeguard and defend their tribe kin from attackers and to like that tribe and do good to eachother.
You can talk about a european identity in cultural terms but nationally you have to talk about the respective countries because one country was pretty much 1 type of people and that's it. Closely connected maybe but yet distinct. That's certainly unique and worth defending. And so was the pan european identity in the US.

So pride in ones people or ingroup identity then takes on a whole different meaning because to these monolithic individual nations and tribes they each accomplished things for themselves and have a history of living together for a long time.

However outside of that there is also secondarily a pan european identity amongst europeans, if you're european or of european ancestry, you also want to do good to other european nations even if you are not directly from those nations, but from another european nation. So there was massive cooperation and history of cooperation between european nations and that stems from that.

>"haha I was going to have to address your argument but I see you made a typo, lol tough luck bucko!"
>"that's not how it words"

Why strawman ubermensch? He's obviously talking about people who base their entire ideology on collectivist sham ideologies. Feeling proud of a national team or going to Canada Day (or your respective National Holiday) isn't evil.

>dude what is white even

I think by 'errors' he meant the points he made, not grammatical errors

>i agree with this but if you are a club footed retard who had to stay home you shouldn't build yourself up as a proud spartan warrior and this is analogous to 90% of pol.
That's a psychological belittlement you're trying to instill on people out of jealousy i can only take it, since you have no idea which people you might be talking to or what their ancestry might be.
You are also trying to say that people should not have any fighting spirit or anything if they're not some kind of massive tall statuesque warrior. You can take the tiniest of person and turn him into a fucking beast of a man with enough discipline. Untapped potential for those who have that is also not a reason to belittle something, it's almost like you are unnerved by people being like that, so it's like
>well you better not be like that just feel like a retard and stay at home you fucking pleb don't do anything cause you can't.
That's not how those nations and people got to where they are dummy. You only do a disservice to yourself to speak in that pleb manner trying to say people shouldn't go towards their potential or realize untapped potential in their ancestry and these things. Because many of european descent comes directly from lineages which were very monolithic respectively to their individual nations and people and also very similar respectively, because that was precisely the foundation of such things.

That's DOCTOR user to you, buddy.

>how can nationalism be real if peoples aren't even real lmao
truly one of the great thinkers of our time

This is what happens when a boomer gets internet famous and people worship him like a God.

from my understanding the idea of "white" was a conscious effort to create a new people--the american nation. its no different from tribes joining in marriage but on a larger scale and i think the fact that this concept even exists shows that other groups were never intended to be included in the american nation by the founders of the american colonies and especially the united states. im using nation in the sense of a people rather than a state. the american nation and the non-white immigrants never came to any such mutual agreement or statement of common purpose so in my mind especially since i was never consulted about whether or not i wished to join with these other people, i do not consider them to be part of my nation even if the state has given them citizenship.

You don't exist sven. You never did, You are a social construct that jordan peterson doesn't understand. With a long and beautiful history of your ethnic tribe. But at the same time you don't exist. AND THAT'S THE BLOODY THING!

>your child is a reflection of yourself.

and you are a reflection of your parents, family, and the non related people that surround you.

Show me the exact point in the electron clouds of the atoms of the bottoms of my feet end and the electron clouds of the atoms of the floor begin. What's that, you can't find the exact point? Well haha guess your body is just a social construct. That will be 9.99 leafs, bucko. Pay up

No, that's just post-modernist garbage that jews push in order to deconstruct and invalidate white identity.

Country its people are quite removed from race. You can quite a country or community. you cant quite race.
I dont need to interpret is as OP did because nothing here talks about country.
And if you listened to Petersons you would have known his stance on priviledge
>Yes priviledge exists, but you have to earn it rather then resent it.

>believed he is /ourguy/
That was a meme nearly no one actualy believed it.
>He's exactly what he presents himself as: a psychologist whose research into ideological capture has made him critical of the ideology of progressivism and those clueless or weak-willed enough to be captured by it.
Wrong and you know it too. He only claims he is against postmodernism, but either he is a lousy schloar and dosen't know what postmodernism means or he knows it and thinks nobody will notice it.
He is pro postmodernity with some classical liberalism and nice christanity gospel (which he taked only as methapor with some truth to it; so not really actual christanty) Mixed in.

Peterson get the bullet too

I wonder if this backlash will force him to reevaluate his stance on the issue, or if he's just been compromised by the globalist jew.

>basically attacks everything 98% of people on Sup Forums believes in
>ITS JUST ANOTHER CHARACTERA ASSASINATION
stop overusing it

*which he takes

>from my understanding the idea of "white" was a conscious effort to create a new people--the american nation. its no different from tribes joining in marriage but on a larger scale and i think the fact that this concept even exists shows that other groups were never intended to be included in the american nation by the founders of the american colonies and especially the united states.
Exactly but they still somewhat maintained their european "segregations" a little bit but were all considered AMERICANS.
I've tried my best to describe it to you, but i'll try to say it in a different way. The US "whites" were primarily the british settlers ofcourse, germans, french, and some others. Forgive me if i don't have the full list but to put it short west europeans and west europeans were also preferred. Since they were doing a new thing by living next to eachother instead of having seperate unique nations and tribes back in europe going way back. It didn't make sense to keep referring to themselves and distance themselves too much from eachother by referring to their european origin. Since they were AMERICANS, and since there were also blacks there they were WHITE americans. But that pan west european identity was all it ever meant. And was specific to the US and not back in europe since they were simply called, german, british, french and so on respectively and not "white".

Yeah, especially right after he gets a major win against SJWs.
Curious, isnt it.
These alt-cia shills all turned their sights on him right as it happened.

Hes not as smart of as truthful as he thinks:(
weak mind

>Ameridiots
Consider necking yourself, mutt.

I feel like we should be inspired, and proud. Proud of our ancestors, who, despite great odds, built the world around us, and inspired by that world to make it even better, and aspire to earn our own place in the halls of such great achievements.

From Matthew 23:

“But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven."

If Peterson's a good Christian, of course he would reject pride.

>He says it doesn't make sense to feel proud of something you had no part in,

How the fuck do I have no part in my own race? I have an immutable part in it.

Listen here. All e-celebs ever will always be flawed. If anyone dared to speak the relevant truth and nothing but publicly, and gained a huge following, he would get suicided or worse.
I respect prof. Peterson immensely as a psychologist and what seems to me like a genuinely honest person. He might run his mouth about some things that he doesn't fully understand, but his summary influence is still very positive.
Keep in mind that he is one of the very few non-SJW professors in Canada with a tenure. You can't expect more from a leaf.

I can give you a probability distribution for each point in space tho m8

Nothing wrong with it user.

What I don't get is that he often talks about our duties of maintaining the society that was handed down to us by our ancestors and that we constantly need to man the barricades to renew civilisation and then he says you can't take pride in your country.

>He says it doesn't make sense to feel proud of something you had no part in, because it's a sign of low self-esteem or something (or LARPing, as we would say), and people who achieve great things as individuals have no need for that.

This is horseshit. Every single human being in your genetic line fought, hunted, and married in order to perpetuate their family. The traits those people had allowed them to survive and thrive. All of their hundreds of thousands of years of struggle had a single goal: creating you. It is completely essential to feel proud of our ancestors and our race because they DEFINE WHO WE ARE ON A MOLECULAR LEVEL.

Intellectual types like Peterson think we are just our brains and egos and who we are is really determined by what books we read. But the brain and body that is reading that book is a creation of our ancestry. A European and an African read the same book and take completely different things from it. Peterson wont acknowledge that the individualism he cherishes is a group project created by Europeans stretching back to the time of Aristotle.

>Stop being a brainlet.
Whatever memeflag. Peterson has stated in previous videos that everyone is subject to unconscious bias and in group preferences so your argument here is a strawman if you are implying that this is what Peterson meant:
>To claim that "ah it wasn't you who did it or whatever so don't be proud of that" is an attempt to belittle and desintegrate the ingroup. These tactics are all to do the same thing. Desintegrate ingroup desintegrate ingroup desintegrate ingroup, be an individual desintegrate ingroup
I'm actually inclined to agree with him that pride is harmful, or at least it can be when you covet something. So again I so see what is wrong about his original claim. Pride in a job well done is all you need, you shouldn't covet the achievements of someone else whether you sprang from their balls or not.