Redpill me on SSRIs

I've been SSRI-free for a few months now after being prescribed to them throughout the majority of my childhood. I'm going through the withdrawal effects despite tampering: depression, suicidal thoughts, emptiness, social awkwardness, etc.
The withdrawal is hitting me hard, and I need a redpill on them. I hate them, and I regret ever taking them. I hope there's a special place in hell for the people who prescribe them to children. I just hope that my psychiatrist gets the justice she deserves.

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2JZ77sz6dlw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If SSRIs don't work for you, there are many different options. SSNIs, MAOIs, etc. If you're truly depressed then it doesn't hurt to try something different if you didn't achieve your desired results. Obviously, you need to take medication in combination with therapy or nothing will happen.

mine turned me gay and i don't even care xd

pretty much the entire pharmaceutical complex is a scam.

They sucked.

Made me feel very and emotionless. Basically what a lot of people said they did.

I take Ritalin and feel much better.

Withdrawal is terrible. I got lots of "brain zaps" and "reboots" constantly.

Depending on how long you took them and dosage, the withdrawal can last anywhere from a few weeks, to a few months.
When I finally got through the withdrawal of them (2 months of hell), I realized why I was on them in the first place and went back on them.

>INB4 medicated retarded pussy sucking the pharma jew cock

meditation, omega-3 daily, cold shower/bath immersion, spending time in nature w/ long walks, ketogenic diet.

theres the cure son.

I been prescribed some because doctor's say I have "anxiety". I have bad headaches, when a drive on the freeway I feel like I'm going to pass out. When I walk around inside stores I feel dizzy, I feel ill. Everytime I start taking them they actually make me feel worse.

Don't take them. I took citalopram for a month and started getting nose bleeds every morning.

Depression is the result of lifestyle

Why does the neurotransmitter picture look like a white cock busting on an anorexic Asian girl's hip?

Smoke some good old Mary Jane, man.

>ketogenic diet

This actually helps a shitload with the anxiety part

DUDE WEED

are you asking for a serious scientific discussion on Sup Forums? you might actually need some heavy medication for your retardation.

Get plenty of direct sunlight, meditate, eat healthier, practice yoga or qigong, drink/bathe in/wash dishes with distilled water, exercise/lift more. You're welcome.

Was dumped on mine at a young age, stopped them a few months ago, I feel so much better already.
I kind of want to start lobbying against their use in my country.

try the other things. google it. cured me.

my friend had a personality shift and is now schizto after taking them for 15+ years. He has aspergers too and some other fucked up shit wrong with his head but, SSRI's ruined my friend.

you're still fukt user, best to just kys

stop seeing (((experts))) that want to sell you something dip shit

Pssssst hey kid... i have a secret for you: iodine

Yes that's all good stuff. Especially the sunlight. Sungazing for the first hour after sunrise will help a lot.

SSRIs do more harm than good, you become totally reliant on them once you use them. You're literally better off being depressed than becoming a Hollow.

Real drugs (that the Jews are terrified of) like LSD, magic mushrooms, DMT, Ketamine, and MDMA can all wash away your depression temporarily with much less risk of developing mental issues.

Even cocaine is a more effective band-aid solution for depression than SSRIs, you just have to constantly take more every few hours because the mental boost doesn't last long.

One of the reasons the war on drugs exists is to turn people into Hollows who are dependent on pharmaceuticals that suppress consciousness, rather than expanding it.

If your environment sucks. Change it.

Eg time to drop all your loser drug addict high school friends

I took them as a teen and into mid early 20s, I'm 30 now and haven't been on them in six years.
They made me feel better, but sometimes I was also losing a part of myself. They definitely helped keep me more active, didn't need to try as hard to motivate myself. All ssris made climaxing more difficult too, during sex it's like I just had less sensitivity or something. I guess if you are a one pump chump that might be a good thing.
I'm thinking of giving st jonhs wort tea a try, it is a natural remedy people were doing long before ssris were invented.

*crushes humanity*
heh.....

I did LSD once and severe depression has never been farthee behind me. It seems too good to be true but it is. Free yourselves. You dont even need very much (i had 150mc).

I take them but I had a legitimate need. The slightest bit of difficulty or frustration and I'd either completely shut down and start shaking, or I'd fly into such a rage I'd burst blood vessels in my eyes and wear out my vocal chords with screaming.

Of course they made me want to sleep all the time when I first started taking them, and I was unable to orgasm for two months, but I feel a lot better now.

Very simple rundown:
General rule of thumb is the body has mechanisms to regulate any kind of chemical level/signal to a set point. Taking these temporarily interupts that feedback mechanism, aleviating whatever symptoms they're targeted at, but then the body just changes receptor expression to compensate and come back to set point. So then when you cease medication or miss it your body goes to normal, but normal is not mormal, and you get fucked by your own body's confusion.

Also note that neurotransmitters and receptors are reused all over the body, so blocking or aiding one has side effects literally everywhere.

E.g. serotonin and dopamine not only regulate happiness but also sadness, arousal, and the levels of acid and enzyme secretion and motility of the gut, amongst others.

This. Cop-out for shit doctors that can't be fucked doing their jobs.

Side effects are fucked.

Therapy will fix 99% of psych problems and these should be last resort due to the damage they do. Those on SSRIs have been shown to be more depressive, likely to commit suicide etc than comparable controls who undergo other or no treatment. Can't recall the paper off the top of my head, but they're easy to find.

LSD nuff sed

These drugs (bar from maybe mushrooms and DMT in the short-term) don't really have lasting effects on consciousness. Meditation does that.

If we're going to have a weed versus alcohol debate you are going to lose. Alcohol is so much worse for you it's laughable, worse in all the ways you're about to criticize weed for and more.
Weed can still be abused obviously.

A lot of people have recommended meditation to me, but I'm unwilling to do anything that is meant to empty and open the mind. An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

*shoots superior officer to death in the middle of the jungle*

You might be targeted by aliens or the USA government
youtu.be/2JZ77sz6dlw

The mind doesn't "open", it stops the "selfing" software that causes its own misery. There's nothing to be scared of.

Lots of noticeable side effects as well as subtle negative alterations to your behavior. Most prominent issue being that they can cause suicidal ideation (as well as homicidal ideation)

Moreover, they are often quite ineffective, and the "art" of psychiatry is basically just throwing a bunch of various pills at someone and hoping the patient comes back saying they feel better. Take pic-related, for example. Studies of depression show that 20-40% of people felt better after a placebo, and 40-60% felt better after using an SSRI. So basically, when you factor out the placebo effect, that means a 20% chance that SSRIs will help you AT ALL. Meaning that even a very slight decrease in your depression still counts. Keep that in mind. And this is data in controlled studies where they actually make sure that they enroll patients who ACTUALLY HAVE DEPRESSION, whereas in reality, (((psychiatrists))) dispense these fuckers like candy at anyone who isn't sunshine and rainbows 24/7

So bottom line: SSRIs can work, but you have to keep the side effects in mind, and more often than not, they're not actually helping you at all. That doesn't mean EVERY SINGLE PERSON should throw away their pills (side note: never discontinue abruptly, you need to taper slowly), but just be fucking critical about these things and about your "depression".

Go outside. Eat healthy food. Go for jogs. Lift some fucking weights. Socialize with people instead of staying isolated all the time. Identify if there are any EXTERNAL PROBLEMS in your life that could be causing a sour mood. Think of depression as a symptom of something else wrong in your life. Just taking the happy pills to make your fee-fees better doesn't actually change the underlying problem. It's like taking opiates to mask the pain you feel from a nasty infection without actually treating the underlying infection.

Anyway, that's my opinion as a pharmacist. Far too many people on SSRIs and I guarantee the majority don't need to be on them

P. Cubensis are serotonergic and heal your brain by causing neurogenesis, cannabis is really only good for inflammation and promoting apoptosis.

Try to focus on health. Look at your nutrition. Eating foods that have a diverse array of vitamins and minerals. Leafy vegetables and believe it or not organ meats like liver are nutrient dense and great things to add to your diet. The supplement 5htp will also help with making sure your body has an essential precursor for seratonin production. Make sure you get lost of uninterrupted sleep try for 8 hours. Exercise regularly Including cardio and strength training. Don't over do it, but find a routine and stick to it. This will also help with sleep. Make sure you get at least 30 minutes of sunlight a day.

Finally ask your dr to do a complete hormone profile including testosterone free test estradiol and thyroid hormone. Hormones are signaling molecules like neurotransmitters. An issue with your hormones will cause all sorts of psychological effects.

I live in Florida but went to psychiatrist in Monterey California who is expensive but incredibly thorough Dr Mariano. After doing tons of lab work and looking at every possible aspect of my heAlth he showed that I had issues with thyroid production ( runs in the family) and testosterone. By supplementing my test and thyroid I feel better than I have ever felt in my life.

All the other docs just want to throw psych drugs at me and that may be what you need, but it's important to check for other underlying causes and lifestyle causes as well. I hope this helps. I know it's a very difficult battle and I wish you the best.

This is completely true, but I would much rather take ecstasy or Ketamine a few times a year than be taking SSRIs daily.

When I was in high school I remember taking some crystal X and feeling elated weeks after the high subsided. There's no doubt in my mind that the substance has therapeutic value that can be developed, if the drug were properly researched.

I would estimate the duration of a positive psychedelic trip's effects on mood to last about 3-6 weeks after ingestion, depending on the specific substance consumed, the dosage, the quality of the experience, and other factors I'm not going to mention.

also pic-related as a follow-up point.

You have sufficient baseline serotonin, low dopamine. High serotonin dulls the senses and is harmful to metabolism, and consequently hormones, neurosteroids etc.

At 30 I was given it for both anxiety and depression. This is after I quit drinking.

After taking it for 2 weeks, my dick and brain wasn't the same. It took nearly 2 years before i could feel pleasure the way i had remembered it.

Delayed ejaculation, stopped getting the body rush that comes with cumming, no more morning wood, i would need to be fluffed for like 15mins to get hard before sex.

Almost 35 now, been vaping weed for about 18 months. Haven't my current sex drive since i was 24.

Find weed.

Yeah, I've heard that before. All the same, I'm going to stick to my prayers.

>An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

Wait a minute...

Good diet, avoid drugs/alcohol, plenty of sleep, frequent vigorous exercise. You can fix yourself user and feel better than you ever have.

I have been on SSRI's for OCD and they helped me. If you have a legit mental illness, it will help. If you're just sad, it will not.

Just a personal story but I encouraged my Ex to start taking them because she was genuinly depressed and fucked in the head.

After she started taking them things got better, slowly, but I noticed when she forgot to take them she was her normal positive self (just with depressive episodes, which I could get her out of with a bit of effort) but on them all her positive attributes were muted, making her generally unfriendly. Weird thing is even on the pills she still had massive depressive episodes so I didn't see the point in them when I could just cheer her up.

After 6-12 months the only time we got on was when she forgot to take them.
So yeah, in my experience they nullify the crazy fun parts of a person transforming them into emotionless husks. However, they make the person feel better in regards to depression (but only sparadically)

I just know if me or any of my mates become depressed i'm going to make sure they never take these mind fucking drugs ever.

Quit drumming up fear you fag.

Yeah you caught me. I unironically want to live in the Imperium of Man.

I quit Adderall and a heavy heavy snus habit at once. I was basically useless for 4 months. You get some aspects of your personality, mentality, mental acuity back after 11 weeks. Some things are better, some things are worse. The general feeling of malaise takes even longer to dissipate. It is hell. Like carrying a backpack full of rocks, it wears on you. Or wearing a turtleneck that is a little too tight at every waking moment.

Basically, you done goofed.

So you were hypothyroid?
I was diagnosed 11 years ago, get my blood checked every six months now. Currently on 112mcg levothyroxine, just got increased from 100mcg I had been taking for years.
Before it was corrected I just wanted to die, and I think it's a big part of why I was ever on ssris in the first place. Might even be why I developed minor (glad it is just very minor) gyno in my teens I have to this day.

Same bro.

Been on paroxetine for probably 10 years. Had a spell on them before that but took myself off them and the withdrawal was horrific, dread to think how bad it would be now! They do keep me on the level though, and without too many side effects, although I do lack some emotions (so I'm told), but I figure that's OK, makes me more immune to drama, lol

I'm not going to endorse taking ecstasy, ketamine, or any other illegal or legal drugs inappropriately, but I can give my own personal anecdote on this. When I was in gradschool, I did LSD once. Never done it or any other psychedelics before or since.

Anyway, the experience was pretty fantastic and I had a great time, but that's not relevant. What's relevant is how "clear" I felt afterwards. Sort of like some sort of peaceful zen state or whatever, which I'd say probably lasted a least a few weeks like you said, gradually waning over time. So an anecdote isn't evidence, but I'd totally buy the idea that certain psychedelics might have therapeutic applications.

However, it'd basically be impossible for any serious study of this sort of thing to be done, because stuff like LSD, Mescalin, etc is all Schedule 1 and AFAIK you're not even allowed to use it for clinical trials.

Vet here, I’ve stopped prescribing TCAs such as Amitryptiline just cause they create such a shit change in behaviour. Owners complain that their animals turn ‘suicidal’

The docs put you on SSRIs for depression without firstchecking your thyroid levels?

These fucking quacks, I swear to god.

no faggot
the cola goes WITH the weed

you would never understand this because you are not a sick fucking chad like me,
faggot :^)

Mine definitely is. Years of taking a lot of drugs, drinking, and eating junk. That's what I contribute mine to.

Took them during rough patch, have researched them in graduate school (I’m a physician):

> they aren’t very effective, have side effects, and are difficult to come off of because the cause serotonin insensitivity
> vigorous exercise, microdosing anabolic steroids is much more effective, as you will get angry about things instead of sad and self defeating. The increased muscle mass and alpha pheromones will result in increased confidence, mate options, and employment options (unless you are in a very liberal area)

Do you ever fear that the society collapses and you can't find a supply for your drug?

Serotonergic drugs drain you of excess serotonin, leading to the serene afterglow. My diet and whole lifestyle is based on trying to lower serotonin as much as possible. It leads to similar state of mind as you describe.

just gonna leave this here...

>Benis

because you watch too much pron

I took shrooms after about a year of getting off of SSRIs, really improved my overall mood and mindset. I didn't expect that to happen at all before I took them. Perhaps you could try it.

Yea, by the time I was 18 my weight was gaining at a very rapid pace, I exercised very good dietary discipline too. Was on a strict sub 2,000 calorie diet, even down to 1,500 for a while. All it did is make me feel weaker and colder than I already was, no weight loss, just slowed down the gain or made level out at best. Everything about the way I was feeling and thinking was bad. When the levothyroxine corrected my thyroid levels the weight went back to normal and eventually all the other negative effects went away as well. Eventually on my own volition I quit taking ssrris altogether. My thyroid levels were so bad that the doctor commented it was amazing I was managing as well as I was. But yea, should have been checked earlier.

fight the good fight

theyre a scam, plain and simple

Sadly, this doesn't surprise me at all. Like I mentioned earlier, most of these shrinks don't know what the fuck they're doing and just throw pills at everyone without much of an afterthought because it's just easier than putting in any actual work. There's this one jewish shrink who works near me who sends in all his first-time patients with his usual cocktail of SSRI, benzo, antipsychotic, +/- ambien. They don't even think and just want to throw this shit at people willy nilly.

so glad I only ever did them for about a week and a half. I knew I was frying my brain with taht shit.

I'm so sorry OP, there's certainly permanent damage done since your childhood brain was formed with them. It will take years to recover most likely. If you're in your early 20s or late teens stick through it and try to recover.

Good luck dude, and write about this online so others can know what it's like. I quit early after reading hundreds of user reports about life with the drug and the withdrawal effects and long term effects even after quitting.

And don't trust the shills. Pity those who think these drugs are anything other than a chemical lobotomy.

Depression is a catch all term. Only a small population can be fixed by ssris. Wellbutrin SNRI worked better for me than Celexa and Buspar.
Wellbutrin made me tense as fuck tho.
Provigil/Adrafinil on the other hand was amazing.
The question one needs to ask oneself is if they are sad about something or bleh about everything.
SSRI's work if you are really fucking sad, it is a mind number. It doesn't make you happy per se.
If it is not working for you I suggest Adrafinil(unknown/Eurogenic) or an SSRE(Tianeptine)

Get some thyme and make thyme tea. Drink it 30 minutes before the weed. You can vape it as well right before. Look up myrcene and marijuana. Thyme is a very good source of it. Drinking it will give you a lot. Not sure about vaping and myrcene. But vaping thyme is sedating in itself, it compliments the weed very well.
I'll try the cola sometime.

Serious question

Why do I feel more and more doctors don't care about their patients? You tell them how you feel and then they prescribed you some pills that makes you even worst.

Are doctors getting payed to test medicine on their patients?

Trying to treat symptoms without looking for the cause.

"Muh depression"

Get a life faggot

prison for your mind, dump em

I pulled some shit while on my meds.

Because looking for a cause takes effort. It's easy to just throw happy pills at people. Happy pills that rarely work and then also have their own side effects. And then they give more drugs to treat the side effects of the other pills. And then more pills to threat the other pills effects, and so on.

1) more and more doctors are nonwhite. Asians, Indians, and Jews may be smart, but they often make for terrible doctors when it comes to the human aspect. Especially when they don't have any sense of community with the people they treat
2) Trying to see and work on as many patients as possible means less time with each individual patient
3) Payment structures. Billings via capitation and the like mean that AFAIK your typical primary care doc gets paid just as much no matter how much workup he does on you, so the incentive is to get you out of there and do the least necessary (which is good for discouraging excessive tests and bullshit to rack up insurance payments, but you get what I'm saying). Also, I'm not an expert on this part because I don't deal with insurance payments from a practioner's side, so IDK.
4) Lack of incentive to actually treat disease. Often the goal can just amount to "what's the minimum amount of work I need to put in to make this person shut up and go away and not come back within a week"

as each medication efficiency is dependent on one's own biochemistry as are downregulation effects.
Therapy can help for actual depression. For blah depression, anxious tension, and personality types not so much.
Sadly I only know one way to cure my ailment, that is to drink booze and then have a 1/4 shot at a good hangover. The hangover is a godsend. Focus, motivation, sociability, sharpness all drastically improved. It will go away within minutes after digesting solid food.
Various docs and shrinks, can't understand. It's like living in a prison. Knowing that a couple times a year I am who I want to be.
and before the oh you are still drunk. I didn't eat till 7pm one night for a friends birthday. Life of the party, girls laughing. Ate a roll. whamm. Feel the tension literally crawl up my arms. In 5 minutes quiet and trapped in my body yet again.
I've spent thousands and adrafinil is the closest I've got.

Guys, keep in mind that I was put on SSRIs for anxiety, not depression. Hell, I've never felt depressed before until now.
I'd also like to add that I began taking them when I was only 5 or 6 years old. I had no control over the situation. I've taken your suggestions into account though, guys. Thank you, all of you. I really needed it today. :)

But ayyliums are harvesting OP's pineal secretions, user!

Pharmacist here... SSRIs tend to make people "hollow" for lack of a better term. They are intended to be used for no more than 2 years. Depression is a normal emotion most people experience and SSRIs are just supposed to get people through a rough patch. To get out of depression, you have to understand that you need to change the circumstances that make you feel bad. Try to socialize, work-out, eat right, etc.

Stopping SSRIs abruptly will lead to withdrawal which manifests itself as those symptoms you mentioned.

I don't know your situation so I can't say starting that shit as a kid was a good call.

I wish people would understand those meds are just a substitute for weed and booze

If SSRI's didn't work for you, then you were just another suburban emo faggot who didn't have any mental problems.

I've been on them for six years, and they helped me a lot.

I'm not neuro, rather physio, but I can believe what you say. The body and particularly the gut is complex, not even slightly difficult to see how food and alcohol can have such dramatic effects on the central nervous system.

Hell even autism can often be attributed to the bacteria in the gut

>has mental problems
>calls others emo faggots

This is like one homo bragging that he has full blown AIDS and saying the other homo is a poser for just having HIV

Listen to Slovakbro.

I power through depressing phases by acknowledging them, basking in them, and letting that amazing mechanism called habit kick in.

Depression makes you stronger, once you realize you're broken down to your fundamental bits and pieces, everything can be rebuilt anew.

>Pharmacist here
>Depression is an emotion

Find a new career

gained a lot of weight on ssri's. Lost most of it. Fuck 'em.

damn right you're going to try that shit
who the fuck here wouldn't?
i cant even think of anything better, can you?

My Dr gave me effexor for what turned out to be sleep apnea. I came to my senses while in a gun store deciding the best shotgun to use at the mall, got a second opinion. Sleep with a cpap machine and feel fine.

Your mileage may vary.

>a scam
So you're saying SSRIs don't actually inhibit the reuptake of serotonin, or... what ?

I'm not a simple situation for a doc. I had rhabdomyosarcoma as a toddler with radiation, chemo, the works. I also have a super rare a1a deficency phenotype F.Null.
Recently I experimented with turmeric and quercitin. took too much went to ER for papilations and feeling super awake. Oddly at the same time that made my asthma(that I got from bronchitis) that I got two years ago go away.
Occam's razor does not work for me.
also: Inflamed pituitary gland via brain mri.

Ne 1 producer of mdma is Israel dumdum

i took a heroic dose of shrooms and while i'm more adverse towards suicidal type thinking, i've become more nihilistic, cynical, and just fucking tired of the whole facade of life in general

i think part of it is i swallowed the redpill hard prior to the shroom experience. emotionally i feel like my brain wants me to bluepill itself to be "normal" again, but the logical part of my brain won't allow that shit to happen

just my contrasting 2cents

Same. Never got anything useful out of psychedelics. Only misery and shallow entertainment. The most overhyped thing on the internet.

i'm starting to think it only works on bluepilled normies in the first place. i remember watching tv commercials after i took those shrooms, and i felt EMOTIONALLY MANIPULATED by them, but knowing better i kind of saw what was happening to me before my eyes, like an outside observer effect, i deliberately told myself to snap out of it.

fucking kike mindcontrol mkultra bullshit