Ignoring for a second what he lied about, why exactly did flynn lie to the fbi?

ignoring for a second what he lied about, why exactly did flynn lie to the fbi?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/03/10/us/politics/michael-flynn-turkey.html
unvis.it/www.nytimes.com/2017/03/10/us/politics/michael-flynn-turkey.html
dailycaller.com/2017/12/01/flynn-lied-to-justice-department-about-his-work-for-turkish-government-mueller-alleges/
books.google.com/books/about/White_Book_of_the_Change_of_Government_i.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to know this as well.

He was trying to limit the political fallout from Trump's connections to Russia even though there was probably no collusion with regards to the Russian campaign to influence the election.

Back then Obama ran the FBI and would have jumped at any scent of blood

all of trump's cronies lied about their russia dealings because they know they're guilty af

First rule of committing a crime, especially one as big as treason, is never admit to anything until you have a deal. You ever watch Cops and they'll catch some one in the middle of breaking into something and the guy says it wasn't him?

plausible, but is flynn really that loyal?

bear in mind he was assistant DNI so he was probably quite aware that russian diplomatic communications were monitored regularly.

there's a good chance he knew he would be caught lying. is he actually THAT loyal?

exactly, he was trying to downplay everything Russia related because even innocuous shit like this gets the fake news pitchforks out.

They questioned him multiple times. Months after the facts. Busy man, with many responsibilities. Its easy to forget a simple detail. Thats how the fbi is operating here.

He said he never reached out to delay a vote on a UN resolution regarding Israeli settlements after Trump had already won the election. Literally nothing to do with Russia or Russian sanctions.

i find that somewhat implausible. surely he, or his office kept records. multiple interviews, plenty of time to review his calls.

that's fine. why lie about it is what i'm asking.

They probably asked him the same question in 15 different ways then asked the negative 15 different ways then went through an elaborate timeline asking minute details until he messed up. Lesson: don’t ever talk to the feds.

He didn't lie, he failed to register as a foreign agent receiving money from Turkey, and was given a plea bargain of trying to tie Trump to Russia and possibly testify against other campaign/transition officials to further erode Trump's political capital instead of being tried for very serious charges.

nytimes.com/2017/03/10/us/politics/michael-flynn-turkey.html

Time for archive
unvis.it/www.nytimes.com/2017/03/10/us/politics/michael-flynn-turkey.html

My bad thanks based Norwaybrobot.

The charges stem from conversations held with FBI agents on Jan 24, 2017

are you suggesting that the charges that he plead guilty to today are... trumped up?

i'll show myself out.

Who among us hasn't forgotten about the time they committed treason?

>Not starting WW3 is treason
LOL

This was covered around this time last year.
Flynn lied about his financial ties to Turkey

dailycaller.com/2017/12/01/flynn-lied-to-justice-department-about-his-work-for-turkish-government-mueller-alleges/

To protect Pence -- this is a huge happening that is still being kept under WRAPS.

PENCE IS THE RINGLEADER

Bruh, read the white book. It's the play book of a right wing take over, Hail the Trumpenreich!
books.google.com/books/about/White_Book_of_the_Change_of_Government_i.html

There are three credible ideas of what happened.
a) He lied to somehow protect Trump's imagery of Russian ties.
b) It's like Jeff Sessions forgetting details of some meeting or trying to make the words out to be less severe than was questioned about.
or
c) The major charges such as failure to register as a foreign agent and possibly working with Turkey to give them a person of interest that fled their country to the US was dropped, these charges instead where given to make the public spectacle they wanted to flush out others they want to charge, and from here on out they're going to play a game of dominoes to try and get as many people as possible til they find something.

I'm more on C being the case, A as a secondary, and B as the least likely.

Politics is pure rot

They will eat each other up and even push civil war to win the seat that lets them be as corrupt as they want to be. Make no mistake, after the CIAids epidemic in the early 70s, we transformed democracy into a puppet show. We are now having a taste of our own medicine. The system is going down big and the elite want to suck us dry so they can make out with our loot and give us the boot.

This. He was probably trying to downplay what are usually innocuous dealings with Russia.

He explained wht in the letter his lawyer sent to Congress: With the media hyteria and political witch hunt, he was afraid a normal conversation that happens during every transition would be turned into a treason charge.

I think he understated how many convos he had with russia despite not breaking any laws by talking to them

d) Flynn isn't retarded & knew the phone calls were monitored. He lets the media taste a little blood so they will go overboard on the russia shit.

Don't forget: Trump met Mueller the day before he became special counsel supposedly to "interview for FBI director" even though he couldn't legally.

>Trump wants bad press right before the vote on the tax bill
>Trump wants bad news like this to affect the stock market and possibly stop John 'dead brain' McCain to rethink his vote on the tax plan
>Trump wants bad coverage to possibly hurt his further efforts in getting better people in the administration that could be afraid of being targeted by the active Muller witchhunt

Yeah that makes sense sure.

>Trump controls congress

He is letting the left/media destroy themselves. Once it begins, it will be swift.

I think flynn is just chum in the water.... remember the huge fight with the intel agencies giving trump fake reports way back at the begining... and flynn going nuts

>the legislative isn't affected by the GOP party leader getting hammered by bad press

Trump doesn't want bad press retard, trying to make it out like this political attack of an investigation on him is all part of his plan when it adds nothing of value to achieving real legislative goals is delusional.

When is Trump not getting hammered by bad press? Honest question. There hasn't been 24 hours without a breaking story about how bad Trump is or something he did/tweeted.

Pic very related

To protect Trump's son--in-law

Did the stock market go down following the Flynn story?

Do you think this will affect whatever bullshit reasoning Flake or McCain may give for opposing the vote for the tax bill, dooming the legislation to fail?

Use your fucking head, just the notion that this MAY lead to something bad can ruin a lot of political capital and planning on very important legislation that would've been a big win for Trump. The economy going down the way it did is a response to people seeing this, that the tax plan may fail if this leads anywhere or if it effects the fragile vote count needed for it to succeed.

What's the point of making bad press during a crucial time and charging friends of the administration with felonies that may still give them some serious time? Or putting anyone in Mullers firing squad the massive debt of lawyering up to fight these charges? Or scaring good talent away from the administration for fear of getting caught up in the political witch hunt taking place?

You trying to make this about Trump planning it rather than the deep state sabotaging his administration is a level of confirmation bias that amazes me to no end.

Yes, did the stock market go down following trump getting elected? And now look at it.

Mccain and flake have already said yes, and susan collins is the newest yes.

The "serious timing" is so the media won't have a leg to stand on because they're rallying behind Mueller.

Of course there are bad people in the gov't trying to do whatever they can to sabotage him.

Could you answer my question now:
Why did trump meet with Mueller one day before he was elected special counsel under the cover of FBI director, even though it's impossible for him to be appointed again?

>"He was trying to downplay the fact that the Trump Campaign was colluding with Russia, which it did not do anyway, you guys"