Why aren't there any more good romance anime these days?

Why aren't there any more good romance anime these days?

I know Sup Forums doesn't want to admit it, but it's probably because today's writers don't have a lot of real world experience.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J2rK2hCjxRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9iwVuEpK0As
youtube.com/watch?v=rvjyefRLawE
youtube.com/watch?v=HO3qYFgKlqM
youtube.com/watch?v=UY-UG7ogXVM
youtube.com/watch?v=saNfeZ45jyw
youtube.com/watch?v=BSs7i9tGe20
exhentai.org/g/445092/ba01bf8d67/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I read the manga of this series years ago, was nice.

Not sure I'd be able to sit through the anime though.

Because the only thing that gets the writers rock hard are shitty tsunderes and nobody wants that shit anymore, and all the possible story combinations have all been done.

Need a decent yandere or kuudere story.

because it all became formalized -dere otakubait shit. why bother writing actually interesting characters when you can just copypaste them.

The anime of Maison Ikkoku is surprisingly free of fuck-ups, there's a little filler but it's not even that bad. Worthwhile alternative to the manga, unlike anything else from Takahashi's catalogue.

Because romance fades and becomes unnecessary to society

I don't think you understand that nowadays anime is about telling stories that take you away from real life. Yeah, it has always had this element, but now it's much, much more pronounced.

>today's writers don't have a lot of real world experience

Neither do the viewers so it all works out.

Have you living under a rock?
Most anime nowadays are adaptation or advertisement, like what you posted.
And most originals are not romance themed for continuity. Do you think Code Geass will have a S3, let alone S2, if it is a proper romance anime?
And things like Nisekoi's status quo make motherfucking money.
Suck it up and just wait for Shinkai's next movie or something.

shounen and seinen romance: MC is a boring beta cunt who has to "win" an utterly repellent tsundere who usually abuses him emotionally and physically

shojo and josei romance: basically the same only the MC is a boring beta female and the love interest is just some generic prince charming with no personality

It's all just shitty wish fulfilment, none of them are willing to make their characters feel like real people as the risk of alienating the audience, and none of them are willing to task risks or try something out of the usual manga archetypes.

is this the movie? also what episode i want to rewatch this

>100 episodes of misunderstandings
>anime """romance""" as generic as they get
>good
Yeah I see no difference in quality. If anything the best romance shows all came out in the last 20 years.

Structural functionalism was a mistake.

>Implying Ikkoku is actually a good romance
Takahashi is a hack. Every romance story she has ever done is butchered by bullshit that prolongs the relationship for 4 years. "I like him but idk if he likes me" please. No one would wait 4 years for someone NO one.

This.

Really comfortable soundtrack:

youtube.com/watch?v=J2rK2hCjxRQ

youtube.com/watch?v=9iwVuEpK0As

youtube.com/watch?v=rvjyefRLawE

youtube.com/watch?v=HO3qYFgKlqM

youtube.com/watch?v=UY-UG7ogXVM

youtube.com/watch?v=saNfeZ45jyw

youtube.com/watch?v=BSs7i9tGe20

Still far better than any romance anime made today.

what are you talking about? have you seen peach girl so amazing very incredible

Because most romance anime of today are LNshit aimed at teenaged beta faggots.

> Why aren't there any more good romance anime these days?

There has literally never been a good romance anime. That's not hyperbole.

>Nana
>Paradise Kiss
>Meruem x Komugi
>Dani ga nani
Please, tell me more about how there isn't any good romance anime past early nineties :)

Have you seen Momokuri?

>best recent romance anime
>HxH
Huntertards are this delusional.

>Why aren't there any more good romance anime these days?
There are. You being a Maison Ikkoku fan makes me question if you even know what a good romance is.

>Because the only thing that gets the writers rock hard are shitty tsunderes and nobody wants that shit anymore, and all the possible story combinations have all been done.
A show came out this year that doesn't have a Tsundere and totally upended all formulas.

It's not just a writers' thing either, I remember reading here on Sup Forums that a large number of Japanese are not interested in sex and relationships.

Aside from that, LN adaptations have become more frequent since the Haruhi fad, and LN authors often match the virgin otaku stereotype, unlike manga authors who are closer to regular people.

>I remember reading here on Sup Forums that a large number of Japanese are not interested in sex and relationships.
>reading here on Sup Forums
I found your problem.

Sumimasen.

Rumikoshit is pleb-tier and her artstyle is disgusting

Itazura na Kiss and Kodomo no Omocha is where it's at

source for girl in the middle

Because what drives even that romance manga/anime wasn't romance. It was "coincidental misunderstandings" that the shy man couldn't explain quickly enough and the tsundere girl was too stubborn to listen to.

Like, 5% of any time was spent on them being romantic or having affection. 95% was ridiculous confrontation and gags.

That's how real life romance tends to (kind of)work

ITT: people who don't watch old anime complain about new anime
Go look up the romance anime from the 80s, they're just as mediocre and pandering on the whole as anything nowadays. You have all the same cliche setups - cohabitation with missing aprents, alien girlfriends, NBR imouto fetish shit, trap fetish shit, BBW fetsih shit, fat loser with hot childhood friend, etc., etc.

>it's probably because today's writers don't have a lot of real world experience

I need another cutesy, wholesome romance. I feel like everything I've watched is either too sterile, too comedy heavy, or too drama focused. I just want a full-brimmed SoL romance of two cute dorks falling in love.

He's not wrong though. It's common knowledge that Japan has declining birth and marriage rates while death and suicide rates are on the rise (or at least higher, they might not specifically be trending up, currently).

Sup Forums obviously isn't the premiere local for intelligent and insightful observations on Japanese society and culture, but some stuff just comes with the territory.

Real life romance is losers like you pining after fake/drawn/sluts/girl-completely-out-of-your-league while you masturbate at home.

And I didn't realize real life romances were good. That sounds like a bad romance.

And what makes you think that writers before had more romantic experiences?

>implying the Urusei Yatsura anime isn't the definitive version
Rinne anime isn't bad either

Oh it's Ai
I thought she looked familiar

I was referring to the "5% showing affection" thing
That's how relationships tend to work

Not every relationship is Romeo and Juliet

>Kodomo no Omocha
Holy shit that was terrible

Birth rates are down. But its not because Japanese people hate sex. Its because their society is putting so much social pressure on people to avoid interacting with others unless certain conditions are met. Which is why I referenced Tawawa. A series which is bringing that issue to the forefront. And focusing on characters who go against social norms to get in a relationship.

>imgur
>why no __ these days
>normalfag blogging
Fuck off, retard.

Living in the US, birth rates are also going down. This year we had a half a percent downturn on birth rates. Nowhere near Japan, but it is negative growth. And its because we're also starting to have the same social crap. If things keep going the way they're going, men won't even be able to talk to women at all. Let alone fuck or marry them.

That shit was amazing you goddamn pleb
Well the manga at least...have no clue about the anime

Romeo and Juliet's interaction was constant metaphor, there was no romance. It was a relationship explicitly based on "love at first sight" "always from afar" and "yer pretty."

Also, Juliet had JUST turned 13-years-old and Romeo wasn't old enough to grow facial hair so, I mean, what the fuck kind of true love was that?

I don't think its a romance anime, just saying that particular element was done well.

No they don't. If you think someone would wait 4 years for one girl your delusional ESPECIALLY the other way around.

My favorite part about Romeo and Juliet being the go-to for people's romantic ideal is that the whole point was they were both retarded, horny teenagers. Romeo starts the play whining because his precious Maria-sama didn't notice him, and that he vows to give up loving ever again. Then he sees Juliet in a mask. Only way to make it more overt would to have the Friar say during the marriage scene "Ya'll retarded"

I mean, they literally kill themselves thinking they loved each other so much.

Can you imagine a teenaged boy who drinks the strongest poison he could buy with his ridiculous family wealth and drinks it next to his pre-teen gf because he's the type of kid who is distraught by ANY thought of unrequited affection from girls?

Can anyone imagine a 13-year-old from the late 1500s, rich out of her goddamned mind and pampered to all Hell, who kills herself because she thinks her teenaged boyfriend is dead and instead of just trying to mooch off the poison he just drank, she takes out a dagger and stabs her self in the FUCKING CHEST so she can spend another moment with him in the afterlife?

Romeo and Juliet, a story about star-crossed lovers. Perfect soulmates who know only love for each other, fulfilled by everything about the other. What a romantic tale.
No.
It's about a 12-year-old girl and a teenaged boy who think each other are super hot and just act out their horny hormone-crazed inner-thoughts.

>when your cynicism goes too far
How can anyone even make a story about romance and call it good anyway, its juat brain chemicals, love doesnt exist, people are just mindless monkeys running on a computer in the simulation and life is meaningless.
Every story is just meat computers doing things, nothing means anything amirite.

>anime
well thats the problem, theres plenty of good romance in manga.

>retarded, horny teenagers
this never happened to me.
is there something wrong with me?

I don't believe you. Post proof.

well its kind of subjective, I'm a fan of more sublte less in your face type romance like this
exhentai.org/g/445092/ba01bf8d67/

>le manga is better than anime meme
There's also plenty of romance anime which improved over their manga source.

A girl might have been making advances towards you, but you didn't notice. Which is very common with teenagers.

>mfw the best romance comes from a h-doujin

That's not that H-series about the robot girl, user.

Ended Nana to Kaoru yesterday. It was an insane ride. Pretty romantic.

You're right. Its not. Its Love Hina how it should have been handled. With both girls getting the dick, but the best girl winning.

That's very unlikely user

i doubt it, but that's not what i meant.
i was saying i don't look back on many things I've done as hasty decisions influenced by hormones given the knowledge i had at the time.
either i was just never really dumb as a teenager or i'm still retarded and i'm incapable of realizing it.
i never really understand the people who have had a "phase" they look back on in shame, i have pretty much been the same my whole life.

But it's true. We are going to die before Berserk finishes.

Not bad at all. Too short to live an impression though.

The art is sick but it seems like it's not going anywhere. Is the ending any good?

>Too short to live an impression though.
yeah wish there was more to that story,
the artist went on to do ntr horsepussy stories,
and last I checke was doing yaoi

>good romance

NO YOU FAGGOT

Because moediarrhea

Oh man, it's not like they couldn't hook up and made shitty decisions because their families were trying to kill each other under any and all circumstances, oh no.

Dude, everyone in that play was pants on head stupid, and it was more tradition than anything else that drove everyone to make dumb decisions.

The fun part about Shakespeare is that, even though people attribute talking about his works as pretentious, his plays really are masterful and can be interpreted many different ways with reasonable evidence so long as you go about it correctly. Like how Hamlet could be interpreted as one man being a slave to his waifu, or how King Lear is about a selfish prick who only sees the bad in his two eldest daughters.

Actually, post like yours is why many people dislike Shakespeare. Like Eva fans, they try to analyze tons of meaning from the work that wasn't there originally.

Which is better?

>wants a good romance
>wants the writers to use "real world experience"
I think you've misunderstood the meaning of the word.

>No one would wait 4 years for someone NO one.
Nah, there are people who would wait that long. Doesn't mean that it's good storytelling in any form.