Is Flip Flappers AOTS?

Is Flip Flappers AOTS?

We need more intellectual anime like this.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kyouray/status/815069124346966016
twitter.com/siromitu/status/815059268290289666
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It turned out to be not very intellectual.

Is there a Cocona version of this?

There's a CocoPapi too for the moment.

Cocona!

Working on it. I have over 2000 screenshots to choose from.

We need more BEST moms.

Godspeed user.

Are you going to do the Yuyu one?

Why is Mimi so shit? She ruined the whole show.

>intellectual
STOP
T
O
P

It's animators stretching their legs in fun, creative ways. It's excellent but it's not intellectual. It's a coming-of-age story with yuribait.

>yuribait
STOP
Don't add bait to everything you don't get.

Maybe if you mix her with the other irrelevant girls. She's not featured in enough scenes desu.

>yuribait
It's a bit more than bait though. Even the director's interview confirms.

I read your post has "We need moreNEET moms".

It'll be a small one compared to the others, but yeah. Iroha really wouldn't be worth it. She doesn't have that many different expressions and hardly even appeared.

Can Mimi even read? She never had a formal education at all.

She's probably as dumb as Papika behind that reserved and demure composure

Are you ready for the Yuasa x Oshiyama collaboration?
twitter.com/kyouray/status/815069124346966016

>worst mom
I Mimi hadn't let DarkMimi switch with her and go thermonuclear, the KKK would probably have been able to achieve world domination. Mimi did nothing wrong.

Nice.

I love love LOVE this show.

can anyone link the twitter sankyuu post?

Just check the directors twitter.

Mitsuo Iso said Flip Flappers was shit
twitter.com/siromitu/status/815059268290289666

Which Papika is Papika of the season?

Well, I say it's great. What now?

I second this. It's now 2 vs 1.
That faggot status: rekt

Fuck him.

This turned mostly into a fluff collage. Unfortunately most stitches are vertical while my script favors wide images over tall ones.

My wife Cocona is so cute.

He's a jobless hack.

Sankyuu!

Side story about PI turning Yayaka into a twin tailed cat Youkai when?
Even better, story about PI revealing that Yayaka was a twin tailed cat youkai all along.

>what is Children of Ether
>implying Iso isn't one of the greatest animators to ever live

That gap is unreal

>Children of Ether
eew

>This turned mostly into a fluff collage.
Nothing wrong with it.
Also that's easily twice as many pictures as Papika?

I looked it up.
>a sci-fi/fantasy mash-up starring black- and brown-skinned main characters

>AOTS
AOTY.

Just saw the card and director's response. Glad to be a part of it. It's been fun, FlipFlappers.

I watch everything Yuasa, this makes me very excited

Will it have yuri?

112 Coconas, 121 Papikas, 107 Yayakas and 77 CocoPapis. OP posted the old Papika one.

Also 47 Yuyus.

No, Mitsuo Iso said the producer is shit, who pushed Oshiyama too much that Oshiyama couldn't do what he wanted to.

Mitsuo Iso likes the FliFla ED, but the anime is a little too moeshit, due to the bad producer requests.

Yep.

It would be much better if they intentionally made all other plot lines secondary to Cocona-Papika relationship, and focused on that.

I love Cocona. Best girl of 2016.

Based producers

>a creative original by an up-and-coming director held back artistically by money-grubbing producers
Sounds par for the course, really. Hell, even the literary world is full of this shit.

>the anime is a little too moeshit
He needs to go back to Sup Forums

If FliFla wasn't moe, it would've been an even bigger flop. Unless they made it yaoi or something.

Didn't Oshiyama say in that interview that the producers where the ones who wanted henshins?

So that's why the girls in Dennou Coil are ugly as sin

>blaming the producers

Yeah no. You should be thanking the producers for the fact that FLFL even exists. Sure they may have made requests but the were the reason this show had such a good budget and could afford so much manpower. It's either FLFL in its current state or nothing at all.

If it wasn't part of his original scenario plan, it definitely explains why Papika completely domineered henshin action focus through most of the series. There's a couple battles where you almost ask yourself why Cocona even bothered to transform since she just stands around and reacts to things instead of actually helping.

That dynamic actually makes a lot more sense if you consider it without factoring their henshin.

Yeah the way I see it they let Oshyiama do his anime with only giving some suggestions

>Mitsuo Iso likes the FliFla ED, but the anime is a little too moeshit
But the ED is moe as fuck.

Yes, henshin and big guns. Both are quite underused in the show, so them being an afterthought isn't unlikely.

Some scenes would be complete nonsense without the Henshin, though. You'd be left wondering how Cocona could perform feats of strength and acrobatics. The fact that she gains it through a kind of magical power causes you not to question it so much.

How could the whole "fight me in the memory dome" have even made sense without Henshin? Would it have just been a schoolyard fistfight or what?

>Would it have just been a schoolyard fistfight or what?
It basically was already. Cocona did nothing in that fight that couldn't have been done just with fists. She blocks a half dozen times, sweeps once and then gets punted through a field goal.

In fact, the only action sequences where her henshin actually mattered were 3's (which was obviously planned around henshin in mind) and ringing the bell at the end of 5. In 6 she's just a distraction while Papika does the heavy lifting, in 8 she actually just stands around and watches Papika fight and in 9 she just gets bullied by Yayaka.

Even in 3, most of what she did was punch and kick (which she could have done without henshin). The only distinctly henshin moments were pick related and the big laser at the end. Most of her contributions to henshin sequences have just been defending Papika, watching Papika or crying out to Papika.

The ED is too expressive to be moeshit.

Moeshit is what we refer to as bland facial expressions and generic overly cute templates. Maybe the sakuga patrol was right in criticizing the show's lack of expressive faces. Perhaps it was the producers' fault all along considering the caliber of the staff involved.

I wonder if all of Ep 3 was Oshiyama taking some rage out on the producers
>you want henshins and magic guns, fine, but they're fighting a naked dominatrix plant loli with a harem of sex slaves.

Shit story, great everything else. It was okay but not AOTS at all.

She also got to look cool in the OP.

Actually this comment is from a talking event Oshiyama also attended. He said those when the topic was complaining about producers only come up with projects that seem to sell well, which is harmful to creativity.

>・押山監督、上からの要望との板挟みで辛かった模様。

With a better second half it might have been my AOTS. Instead it comes second to Stella no Mahou, and about tied with Ping Pong Grils.

Shit post, not great at all. Probably a Driftshitter.

Henshins are obviously a core concept of the show. The whole butterflies symbolism is fucking everywhere. You have to be retarded to believe that producers told him to put it at the last moment.

>Moeshit is what we refer to as bland facial expressions and generic overly cute templates.
What? No.
Moeshit is a vacuous pejorative thrown around to express a generalized dislike of cute things, or cuteness as a form of appeal. It's not a serious term and carries no serious meaning. It's been used exclusively as a form of shitposting and "us vs them" trolling since it was coined almost a decade ago.

>Stella no Mahou
Dropped that garbage immediately after ep 1. Why would you even consider that insipid shit anything but a time waster is beyond me. It's not even good among similar shows.
At least you redeemed yourself with Musume but putting that garbage above says a lot about your shit taste.

Shh, don't burst his bubble. He was very confident about it.

There is no need to be upset, user.

Drifters was even worse. Life isn't all moeshit and manime, user. And before you go on to accuse me of being a fujoshi with Yuri on ice or some shit, I'll just tell you now that Fune wo Amu and Hibike tied for my AOTS.

Imagine if Papika wasn't absolutely adorable.

I can't.

>imagine if papika was yayaka
No thanks.

I'm still upset.

I talking about moe from an animation perspective. I think expert animators would find cute faces that are 100% on-model and stiff all the time to be boring and unattractive. I find expressive female character animation to be much more pleasing regardless of how kawaii it is (Asuka during her death scene in EoE). I've never seen an animator praise boring cute faces before.

I hope this doesn't become the next version of Matoi shitposting. I'm a big Kirarafag, but Stella no Mahou suffered greatly from its 100 yen budget. Silver Link can fuck off with their generic character design. But then again, maybe it will be profitable with its 200 sales unlike FliFla.

Is it wrong that I find adult Papika more adorable than her JC form?

L E G S

I would be upset if I actually finished Stella. I'm happy that I didn't bother with it and saddened because anyone is putting it above any title from this season. It's just a throwaway and lazy silver link show.

My headcanon is that cocona couldn't go to pure illusion anymore and committed sudoku in the pipe.

They had to do something about the hideous manga designs. You don't get any worse than that so any design change is an improvement.

Can we keep these threads going for ever anons. I haven't had this much fun for a long time

My headcanon is that Cocona can go to Pure Illusion whenever she wants, and regularly visits her mother there for comfy tea parties.

Everything must end, user.
Better to die young than live long enough to become madoka general: homu did nothing wrong edition.

But you didn't finish it and therefore you have no opinion of it. I'm glad you liked Flip Flappers but don't compare it to things you haven't watched.

When Sayuri starts shaking, we'll know its time to shut it down.

I think expert animators would know the difference between stoic facial expressions and the subtle demeanor of "cute" faces, or any face for that matter, that don't warrant a lot of animation.

>AOTS?

Soushin Shoujo Matoi.

Matoi poster you are alive. Happy new year you massive faggot.

Tonight you will be visited by the ghost of threadmas future
You can be spared from this horrible fate, but only if you learn to let go before it's too late.

I wonder if 3hz will get to do a Kirara adaptation someday, or they're gonna go for action manga adaptations like Dimension W. I feel like a light-hearted show with Sorameso-tier visuals would do very well.

And guess what butterflies are attracted by

Yeah, but if we get 3D printable Flip Flap figs, it might just be worth it to have 3000+ threads.

It's okay user Matoi is a good anime we all love Matoi

I didn't understand the ending. What was the point of all this?

The show's lack of very expressive character animation is objective reality. Especially when you compare it with that Oshiyama-animated ED, which is absolutely wonderful.

I don't think he necessarily called it 'moeshit' though, he said that the final product was kind of moe anime-ish and that it doesn't display Oshiyama's strengths as a creator very well. I'd be inclined to agree considering the very idiosyncratic stuff he did in his Dandy episode. It had a pretty different aesthetic vision from Flifla's more mainstream friendly stuff.

Lesbians.

Love