Aniplex goes Monogatari heavy in 2016

>Aniplex goes Monogatari heavy in 2016
Everything flops spectacularly
>They switch 100% to Fate
Will Fate have a better chance or is it as doomed as Gatari?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oNZove4OTtI
someanithing.com/268
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shaft is such a joke studio now.

Did I miss an announcement I only see one Fate anime for 2017

Kosaki Satoru is composing the soundtrack for Fate and it already sounds better than his work on Kizu. I think Aniplex are giving up on Monogats.

Fate is a fatter cash cow than monogatari so I can't see it doing worse

They'll do the last Kizu film and probably stop there. Monogatari will be put on the backburner for a bit.

6 Fate projects are coming up in 2017.

Why do people keep saying Kizu is a flop when Aniplex will make more than enough money off this thing when you combine the box office and BD revenue together from all 3 movies?

Extra Tv
Kaleid movie
Heave fell movie
Grand order ova
and the others?

If you think of Kizumonogatari as only one movie then maybe you're right. But no matter how you put it it's actually 3 movies and 3 flops don't make 1 good production.

That's not how it works. You can't just 'combine' the gross of 3 movies like that. If Ghats the case you should also combine marketing and publicoty costs, as well as screenings. All3 movies won't gross more than 2 billion, with well over 350 screenings. That my friend is underperforming tier

Acrophya.
5 projects
>BD sales
Are shit for Kizu. Aniplex will undoubtedly make money because they always do but honestly for a big franchise like Monogatari fail to top box office charts even for a single weekend is laughable. Even PP did it for a week and everybody hated that movie.

Gatari is already at the door, Fate is where it is at.

because of the stupid Studiowars Sup Forums mentality that there is a war between Shaft and Kyoani, which lives straigh in their heads

>vs KyoAni
No one has mentioned KyoAni before you did.

if they want they have a lot of Offseason Ova to still milk

from what I read we have Fate/Extra and Heaven feel at last.

and Apocrypha
and Prisma Shiro movie
and Grand order

In the end Ill only be checking out Grand order, Heavens Feel and Extra.

BDs are below expectations for Monogatari, but merchandise is through the roof. The metric of BD/DVD sales no longer works these days.

BDs have never been central to anime profitability while merch always has. It's not a change

youtube.com/watch?v=oNZove4OTtI

>BDs are below expectation

beacuse I work at Aniplex and I said so

Merch being more profitable than BD only applies to mainstream anime. Bake merchandise never gross enough to even make it to the top 30 yearly anime franchises.

>Bake merchandise never gross enough to even make it to the top 30 yearly anime franchises.
Source? I hope you're not referring to oricon since that site does not track merchandise sales.

Fate is going to have a lot more competetition than Kizu. There are a lot of high profile sequels all gunning for the exact same audience. (Except SnK, which is cushioned by having a 50% female audience) I think there will be quite a bit of underperforming.

>series that historically has never underperformed will underperform

Source? Where are the merchandise figures for monogatari and the figures saying there is no longer a strong correlation between merchandise and disc sales?

A-1 Pictures will make sure to take its virginity.

That was literally this entire year. Even Love Live is starting to underperform. Vol 5 isnt looking any better than the poor vol 3 and 4 even with an event ticket. Might get a 40k average.

Why is every thread on Sup Forums the same stupid console war bullshit?
Go back to A work doesn't have to be the best selling of all time to be a success
Why are 80% of all posts like this seriously grow the fuck up

Macross missed a 10k average this year.

The only foreseeable reason for Fate to flop is FateGO milking the Fate Otaku too much to afford that much shit coming up.
I don't have an idea about Bake but Madoka and Keion both got over 10 times money generated from merch than they did from BDs and they were heavy hitters on the disc sales.

Bakeshit had its moment, but now it's time for it to fade away

Fate will do great but everything has a breaking point which is why I'm actually glad they're milking fate this fast because it means it will get tired and stale faster.

It's about fucking time people started getting sick of Monogatari. The first season was great, but everything since has been underwhelming as fuck.

I blame Sup Forums crossboarders, Miyazaki memes, and Aniplex guy. Thanks to that combination, half the threads on Sup Forums nowadays are shitposting about sales and corporations and nostalgiafaggotry.

Shitposters. They shitpsoting about Kizu flop since first movie. It's not even real

>not even real
>Doesn't manage to garner more than 300Mil in the box office
>doesn't sell anything near 100k BDs.
Kizu is a flop by any late night franchise standards. Not to compare it with franchises of its own size.

>this is flop
>flop by any late night franchise standards.
Bait harder

Fucking Free had a better performance BD wise and it's stale for fujos.

>casuals and secondaries get Fate burn up
>threads go back to being niche circlejerks of people who obsessively read all the side material
Glorious

someanithing.com/268
It looks above average by "night franchise standards". You should try some other sites if you want to troll about sales.

>Doesn't manage to garner more than 300Mil in the box office

but it did you dumb fag

Almost every theater screening they've done for Kizu has sold out in the West though.

Its great for late night anime but pretty poor for monigatari. Its not a surprise. Monogatari is on a pretty steady decline with Kizu II selling 10k less than Kizu I.

Limited screenings.

>Koe no Floptachi
>120 theaters
>2.4 billion yen grossed

>Kizumonogatari p1 p2 p3
>Over 350 theaters
>Less than 2 billion gross

How can Kyoani even compete?

>p3 is not even out

Not him but realistically part 3 isn't going to get 800+ Million at the box office. It's dropping in a low season for the movie goers. And there's no reason it's going to peak again after dwindling in pt 2.

Maybe if they didn't wait literally 7 years to make Kizu

you can't stop these retards. they think koe no katachi wasn't a massive financial success too, in spite of actual evidence

Wasn't pretty much every anime movie this year considered a flop?

Post kizu BD sales
Post kizu ticket sales
Explain why it's "flop"

Nope, just kizu

Except for the movie that's on its way to beating fucking Spirited Away, right?

Not "Your name" level = flop according to shitpsoters who participate is subculture studio wars

Nope. Doreamon, Conan, Shin-Chan, Koe no Katachi, Kono Sekai and the huge hit Your Name all outperformed the initial predictions and were big.
The only underperforming movies were One Piece which only got 5Bil yen on the biggest opening for a movie in Japan's history, KanColle and Kizu. King of Prism had kinda meh performance too.

I dont really count your name. But yes

But can it beat Avatar or at least Star Wars episode 7?
No?
Fucking flop.

See Compared to other movies with similar pull, it is underperforming. And only 40k sales is awful when movies like LL, GuP or Keion tripled that.

>beating spirited away
Not going to happen unless the nips go buttfucking crazy for Imax showings. At best it's going to dethrone Frozen.

Kizu II not managing 600m is pretty poor for monogatari. Free: Starting Days was hated and did better.

>stale
You should see how many fujos flocked over at those Free events.

LL movie sold 120k BDs on the first week.

If I had to make a wild prediction Id say Shaft or Aniplex is not going bankrupt and will continue making monogatari adaptations.

Free isn't even the bestseller in KyoAni events anymore. Fujos are a fickle bunch and they already get hyped more for archery boys than for Free.
Archery boys LNs and merch was the fast selling items at the KyoAni booth in C91.

>what a beautiful pic of Yotsug-
>pantsushot
literally why

Free is still making the dosh.

The way Free ended, its only expected they move on.

I didnt even think about the pantsu before you mentioned it, I guess your mind just is perverted.

this
>merch still selling like hotcakes
>new free thing next year

>Kono Sekai
Kono Sekai is big? Or do you just mean relative to expected?

Konosekai is already at 950 million and a 20x multiplier on its opening weekend

It outsold Kizu pt 1 on a 60 screen starter. It's getting mainstream awareness. Already 900Million yen and still overperforming. This kind of performance is similar to Haruhi's movie.

Psot numbers with proofs.
For pt1 BD
For pt 2 BD

Kizu II sold 500m boxoffice and Free did 680m.

>Ninigataru
"NTR Femdom" the anime, it obviously failed since normies dont like that (other than tumblerinas and Svens and bunch of NTR cucks).

From what i seen in Fate, its much more balanced series, normies eat it up where MC gets "Punished Status" like in Re:Zero, and thats basically what happens in Fate series (Last season kinda fizzled out though after Shirou/Archer fight it went downhill, that was basically high point of the whole season)

I'd honestly rather they continue beating the dead horse than adapt Fateshit

Too bad for you

One of the Fates is going to get BTFO by fujoshit flavor of the season garunteed.

>monogatari
>flop
how many seasons has it had?

I don't think it flopped

They have been overly ambitious recently with the mobilemonogatari and spliting kizu into three parts which was realisticaly never going to wotk. Its time to take a step back down to reality.

Still looking forward to next year when i can selotape all three parts together and make kizumonogatari the whole bloodie affair

It's because Fate was big enough in Japan to warrant about 10 spinoffs all written by different people that work with the premise in different ways. Since it's such an easy premise to work with (historical figures summoned as fighters) it's easy to make spinoffs and action sells.

Going from the biggest seller in all time to being outperformed by a movie done in an attic fucnded by kickstarter is a flop.

How much will kono sekai gross? 1.5 billion?

First seasons always sell the most. Thats why most animes never get a second season.

Enough to fund a sequel

Its based of an old manga retard.

>First seasons always sell the most.
I think you meant "almost always".

This weekend should top it off at 1 Bil yen. Then it's going slow mode. Maybe a 1.2 Billion Yen finish which is huge for a movie that wasn't even opening on 100 screens initially.

UtaPri and LL disagree

>Kono sekai will finish with more than Kizu pt1 and 2 combined

Impressive stuff really

>comparing a series to a movie

the movie is an overrated meme

The reason you don't compare series to movies is because movies do such much better on discs.

Isnt it that monogatari series sold super well while the movie is lackluster?

The series did a better job of adapting the source material and while they cut out some major details from time to time still kept most of the character's characterization. The movie took a lot of liberties and on top of being three films cut out major bits of character development/characterization. It's also paced pretty awfully, leaving very little to be adapted for the third movie, while the meat of the book was shoved into the second film.

That's probably one of the biggest reasons the films flopped on top of being split up into three movies for some reason.

So it's Shaft's fault?

More like Aniplex's fault.

>Sup Forums trying to talk about sales and blockbusters when their entire medium is low budget trash