Sup Forums, I'm going through the worst crisis of my life at the moment. It plagues my mind every waking moment...

Sup Forums, I'm going through the worst crisis of my life at the moment. It plagues my mind every waking moment, it prevents me from sleeping, it makes me unable to enjoy anything. But that does not matter. What does matter is the subject that causes all this.

I'm a Catholic. I believe in God, I pray, I attend church every week, I'm not afraid to talk to other people about it. I was an atheist for a few years but I managed to find my way back to God, and I'm glad that I did. But something happened.

I used to be a total misanthrope just like many people here are. I would shitpost endlessly about sandniggers, kikes, and all that stuff. I had close to no social contact, the only people that mattered to me were my family and my best friend.
I then remembered that, according to the bible, the vast majority of people, and also most Christians, won't enter heaven.
Somehow, I regained my ability to feel empathy for other people, to put myself into others shoes and to view things through the eyes of others. And that's when I realized the dimensions of all this.

There are billions, BILLIONS, of people going to suffer pain beyond imagination for eternity, and I thought about how many of them are actually good people, and how they just don't deserve to go to hell. And then I realized that every person has a good core, that no one is born a murderer, a liar or an adulterer, that it is sin that deceives us.

Hell is a place with no positive characteristics. Sin has no positive characteristics.
Heaven is a place with positive characteristics. People have positive characteristics.
It is sin that deceives people, that spoils the good in every man and woman.
I therefore cannot live with the thought that any person goes to hell. No one, absolutely no one, deserves to suffer for all eternity, because people are not born bad.

(1/2)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Wz9EccCpwVk
youtube.com/watch?v=3lwwfCpvXnc
olrl.org/snt_docs/fewness.shtml
bible.org/seriespage/4-two-resurrections
chabad.org/kabbalah/article_cdo/aid/380834/jewish/Righteous-and-Wicked-46.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=XGpgDOm_EdY
youtube.com/watch?v=WVcPejAp0TI
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL13eE2x3qhPmDJCPm9F2cjckCUdUSubU1
youtube.com/watch?v=3_jWGc8Qckg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And this endangers my faith more than anything ever has before. I want to love God just like so many do. I want to spread his word, to live by it as close as the strength of my faith and my will allows it. But I cannot, not with this knowledge, and this causes great distress because I know that this way of thinking is rebellion against god. But right now, I can only pray out of fear, but not out of love and worship. Because I cannot find it in me to worship someone who lets beings with a good core, who, in their human weakness, are deceived by sin, suffer for all eternity. I try, but right now I just feel like I'm lying to God.

Please don't think I'm trying to spread some leftist "all people are equal" propaganda, I still despise communism, feminism and all other things that lead people to do bad things. But I know that both the people who start and those who follow such movements were not born like this, that they can be redeemed.

Sup Forums, I'm young and have lived without faith for a long time, and I don't know very much about it. I know we have many mature, knowledgeable people here, who are stronger in their faith than I am. Please help me regain my faith and please tell me if there is hope for all the other poor people who are walking their way towards eternal suffering. I write every word of this post in complete seriousness. I worry about myself, but much more than that, I worry about everyone else in this world. I plan to talk to a pastor about this as soon as I can, but you are the ones who have helped me regain my faith and I would therefore want to hear your thoughts on all this and hope that you can help me find the answers I seek. I don't want to be a heretic, to rebel against God, but I cannot spread his word in my current state.

Stop taking ancient jewish fairy tales seriously you retard.

I have a compass deep in my heart that leads me to do the right things. I do not always follow this compass because I'm not strong enough, but I try my best. I think everyone has such a compass, but most people do not know it. And this compass, maybe it is the voice of God itself, tells me that Jesus Christ is our savior.

I was like you once, I understand why you think this way. But I cannot believe that our very existence is completely meaningless, that nothing has any consequence. I will pray for you user. I'm praying for every human being on this planet, that has ever lived, lives, and will live, right now, because I cannot find it in me to pray for myself and a few other people anymore.

bump

Guess I can't bump my own thread, nice to learn something new even after five years. Maybe I'll post it again later.

>There are billions, BILLIONS, of people going to suffer pain beyond imagination for eternity
Nope, the souls who aren't saved before the end of the ages will be resurrected after 1000 years.

>many of them are actually good people, and how they just don't deserve to go to hell
Wrong, all human beings deserve to go to hell

>no one is born a murderer
Wrong, Cain, the first human being ever born, was a murderer

>no one deserves to suffer for all eternity
They do if they reject the kingdom of heaven of their own free will after they learn the truth

You really should study Gods word more. Also, Catholicism is Satan's church. Leave it immediately.

Hell and heaven are metaphors. To find out what for, keep living a good life.

Heaven is a metaphor for what reality can become if everyone follows the word of God
Hell is a metaphor for what reality can become if everyone follows the word of Satan, like today.
Don't lose sleep over it. Nothing happens when you die.

Do yourself a favor and look into Near Death Experiences and come away with a White Pill. You really ought to understand the most important truth never told.

>Nope, the souls who aren't saved before the end of the ages will be resurrected after 1000 years.
And then? What happens to them?

>Wrong, all human beings deserve to go to hell
But there is something good in everyone. We can all help to make the world a better place and to help spread God's word.

>Wrong, Cain, the first human being ever born, was a murderer
I'll believe you if you say this since I assume you're more knowledgeable about this than me. But what about every other human being?

>They do if they reject the kingdom of heaven of their own free will after they learn the truth
So many are claiming to tell the truth. Many people are easily deceived. Especially in places where Christianity is seen as a lie. What is some farmer in Afghanistan going to do when from birth on, he's told that Christianity is not the truth? Why would he read the bible, when everyon tells him not to? And please don't give me some reply like "he's a sandnigger he deserves it", that's the kind of thinking that I have abandoned.

>You really should study Gods word more
I will. As I said, I'll talk to a pastor about this, it's likely that I'll have to talk to him often about this, maybe I'll also seek other priests. I just want to understand and learn how to love God again.

>Also, Catholicism is Satan's church. Leave it immediately.
Why?

That's what I try to do, but I do not think that they are mere metaphors. I'm sure that they exist.

Isn't what people see during near death experiences just caused by the brain being flooded with DMT or something like that?

>I have a compass deep in my heart that leads me to do the right things. I do not always follow this compass because I'm not strong enough, but I try my best.
Good. All you can do is what you can do. You're not God so don't worry too much about what you can't control.

The problem is that you are Catholic.

Please watch this:
youtu.be/Wz9EccCpwVk

That's why Lord Jesus helps us. All who believe will be saved. God is just as severe as He is merciful. If you reject His incomprehensible mercy you will receive incomprehensible severity.

It's impossible for us to comprehend what it is to be infinitely powerful and perfect, we don't deal with those things in this life, we don't have that frame of reference. But we are told that people reap what they sow, so basically the wicked people will deserve it. It's hard to imagine, isn't it.

Go to Lord Jesus, He isn't cruel. Also there are plenty of people that will repent in the book of Revelation, don't worry about the people who won't.

Romans 10: 6-7

>But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down)
>“or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).

I get you man. I really do. I was agnostic until 1 year ago, and when I understood the truth I got scared out of my mind and started preaching the gospel to my family like a psycho.

They now all reject Christ and think I am some sort of lunatic. Even my boyfriend whom I converted to the truth doesn't want to change his life for Christ, despite calling himself a Christian.

You cannot save people, you cannot force God on people. You can just trust the Lord Who revealed Himself to you, and pray for your loved ones that they may know His truth

youtube.com/watch?v=3lwwfCpvXnc

>Isn't what people see during near death experiences just caused by the brain being flooded with DMT or something like that?

No. These are people without brain activity having consciousness after death. You need to look into it if you want the full scientific picture of the afterlife. There are no theological inconsistencies found when you die. Google the term "Life Review" to understand how the divine exactly 'punishes' people in the afterlife. It's a very specific form of punishment.

>nobody is born bad
>nobody deserves to go to hell

You're so wrong it hurts. As you grow older you'll realize how evil and fucked up humanity actually is.

God is just, and He will see to it that all are equally, fairly, and impartially judged according to his standards. What you do in this life has consequences, unlike what all the nhilistic edgelords on this board will tell you.

>le pro-racemixing Prottie heretic with incoherent theology
into the pyre he goes

>How many of them are actually good people
None.
They chose in their final moments not to repent and to drive themselves away from God eternally.

1. Catholics are not Christians.
2. You are not a Christian.
3. Most people are not Christians.
4. All Christians go to heaven.
5. Not all people who say they are Christians are in fact Christians.
6. Save your soul from hell before you start becoming paralyzed knowing that billions of people will not do so.
7. There are no good people.
8. None of us deserve Jesus' sacrifice for us.
9. None of us deserve to go to heaven.
10. That's why grace is important, and that's why mercy is important.

So we do not get what we deserve.

People ARE born bad, everyone has the capacity for cruelity or malevolence. Call it original sin if you want.
Those that choose not to indulge this shadow side of themselves will avoid hell.

I mean, there are also thing in my life that I worry about. But I really try my best to not be deceived by useless things and to help others. I want to try my best to abandon the hateful thinking that has plagued me for so long.

I can't right now because I'm not alone here and I won't be at home tomorrow. But I'd rather read the bible first to gain better understanding and context.

>It's impossible for us to comprehend what it is to be infinitely powerful and perfect, we don't deal with those things in this life, we don't have that frame of reference.
I've considered this, but I can't worship something that to my human senses, which are not comparable to God, I know, but they're all I can rely on, seems so unnecessarily cruel to its creation, especially when knowing how weak and easily fooled it is.

>But we are told that people reap what they sow, so basically the wicked people will deserve it. It's hard to imagine, isn't it.
>don't worry about the people who won't.
This kind of thinking seems like the least Christian thing I can think of. I can't rest knowing that people are going to suffer pain beyond imagination for an eternity. My empathy, my very being just cannot allow it.

People are born spiritually dead.
That's the problem.
The devil gets people tied into knots thinking that sin is the problem, but sin has already been dealt with.

While seeking the advice of priests and other religious leaders can be helpful, there is nothing more valuable than self study. To me, the teachings of Jesus boil down to the innate divinity of the individual, so to look OUTWARD to find that is where I see people go astray. Why not read the teachings of Jesus straight from the sources who were closest to Him at the time? Anything other than that will necessarily have a layer, thick or thin, of human analysis... analysis which is by definition corrupted to some degree by that human.

Tl dr, read the source material as your primary resource instead of relying on the priests of a religion that has dubious goals outside of what's important

>This kind of thinking seems like the least Christian thing I can think of
Even less Christian than calling God cruel on the sabbath?

They will not be resurrected; they are alive in Hades right now. They will be brought before the Great White Throne, and given the opportunity to demonstrate that they are as God is. They will all fail, and be cast into hellfire.

There are in fact billions of people who will suffer in hell for an eternity.

Save some of them.

>I therefore cannot live with the thought that any person goes to hell. No one, absolutely no one, deserves to suffer for all eternity, because people are not born bad.
And that's why I don't consider you Catholics Christian. You have too much empathy for sinners.

And not enough horror regarding sin. Comes from being able to say "my bad", recite a foolish prayer to an idol 10 times, and be "forgiven".

How am I supposed to live with people I know and respect, people who are kinder than me, going to suffer with no end? I just can't, it's driving me insane.

>and pray for your loved ones that they may know His truth
I pray for humanity as a whole, because that's what matters the most to me. A relative of mine has just as much of a good core as some guy in the other end of the world.

I'll look into it, but I first want to find the strength in my faith again.

It's not the people that are evil, sin is evil. People are influenced by sin because many of them are weak. Sin should go to hell because there's nothing positive about it, not people.

Kyrie eleison

>everyone is born good
pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft
>no one deserves hell
AHAHAHAHAHAA CHRISTKEKS

olrl.org/snt_docs/fewness.shtml

Also try reading the visions of St Bridget.

Consider this - heaven is not your right. And God is a JUST God, all are judged before him.

I do want to read the bible, but right now I just need to talk to someone knowledgeable before I completely lose myself.

God isn't cruel, I know that, I just can't comprehend why he does what he does.

What is wrong with empathy?

From one religious person to another:

Free will has been given to humankind as a way to ascertain its voluntary choice to submit to God alone. Meaning the very purpose of life is to get closer to God's mercy and love. The people who sin weren't any different from you and me at birth, spiritually speaking. They still had to grow up, going through the bliss of childhood, and they too, as they grew up, began to make their very own choices and exercize their free will. And here's what sets religious people apart from the others.

We aim to please the Lord in our very thoughts and in our very actions. Every breath we take is something to be grateful for, for it leads us closer to Him. As such, our aim is entirely exterior to ourselves, we are indeed resigning free will for God's will. It doesn't matter to what material depths or heights it takes us, whether we become shunned by all or revered for our piety, poor or fortunate, alive or dead. This is a choice we made when we began to consciously believe.

What ultimately drives everyone else is completely different in nature. Life is a divine test, and there are no points given for people digressing from its most fundamental question, no matter how good their deeds. If it is not made in order to please Him, it either pleases them, the devil or noone, and is thus all in vain. And mind you, good deeds are sometimes much more gratifying for the ego than acting on mere impulses.

When you question them on their choice to not believe, then you will understand you and them are of two entirely separate kinds, and they'll mostly fall in one of two categories: ego feeders and devil worshippers.

Hope it helps, Godspeed user.

Jesus made plain to his apostles the difference between the repentance of so-called good works as taught by the Jews and the change of mind by faith—the new birth—which he required as the price of admission to the kingdom. He taught his apostles that faith was the only requisite to entering the Father's kingdom. John had taught them "repentance—to flee from the wrath to come." Jesus taught, "Faith is the open door for entering into the present, perfect, and eternal love of God." Jesus did not speak like a prophet, one who comes to declare the word of God. He seemed to speak of himself as one having authority. Jesus sought to divert their minds from miracle seeking to the finding of a real and personal experience in the satisfaction and assurance of the indwelling of God's spirit of love and saving grace.

Please don't

"Sin" means "missing the mark". As in, an archer draws an arrow, aims at a target, and completely misses it.

In this case, the target is "be perfect, as the Father in heaven is perfect."

Nobody hits that mark, but thanks to the devil, most people are trying. Even in this thread, they are following the devil's gospel:

Use your knowledge of good and evil, do good, and avoid evil, and thus be like God.

That's what the devil told Eve. That's the lie that damned humanity to hell.

>And then? What happens to them?
Here is an easy to understand explanation
bible.org/seriespage/4-two-resurrections

>But there is something good in everyone
Right, the light of the creator exists in us all, your soul or your consciousness that dwells in the temple of the flesh is the only good thing about us. The human body is a literal death trap.

>But what about every other human being?
We are all guilty because we are all descendants of Satan, that's how we are born into sin.

>So many are claiming to tell the truth
Satan controls this world and will spread as many lies as it takes to get everyone to reject the actual truth.

>I just want to understand and learn how to love God again
Catholic priests will lead you astray, they hold the keys to the kingdom. Ask God to help you understand his word.

>Why leave the catholic church?
Because your salvation is at risk. People who adhere to Catholicism are dead sheep that have been consumed by the great serpent.

I get it, I can sense your confusion and I understand wanting to seek someone with knowledge. I will simply state again that there is nothing about the words of Christ that you cannot understand on your own, and the only knowledge a priest has over you (that matters) is knowledge of the texts. So there is value in cutting out the middle man.

You MAY even learn that some of the nagging thoughts that you've expressed come from somewhere outside of his teachings.

Why do you assume that damnation is forever? Doesn't it say that there will be a final confrontation between God and the Prince, and the Prince will be destroyed? What, then, will happen to all the souls in his domain?

I'm touched by the sincerity of this and I really do see how deep faith can be a positive force in some people's lives, but you must be doing it wrong.

>A relative of mine has just as much of a good core as some guy in the other end of the world.

You have to stop seing people as "good" .
Romans 3:10

>As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one

We can't even fathom the level of sinfulness we all are born into.There has never been a good human on this earth, except for Jesus Christ.I kow it sounds really terrible, but we ALL deserve hell fire. We ALL fall short of God's grace. That's why nobody earns their way to heaven, we receive it as a gift, through the holy grace of God.
You must not judge humans by your worldly standard, because it is biased in the worst way possible.

Remember none of us deserves to go to heaven, and none of us deserved Jesus Christ to agonise and die for our sins.
That's what makes God so perfect (can't find the appropriate word to express how glorious He is), because He shed His blood to redeem us from all our wicked ways, to cancel out any sin imaginable.

You should focus on that rather than torture yourself about people going to hell. Rejoice that you have found the truth and thank the Lord for saving such a sinner.

The thing to remember: you are way more sinful than you can know, and you are more love than you'll ever imagine possible.

pic-related looks cheesy but it's the truth and you should think about it everytime you feel low.

When you're on an airplane, and the oxygen masks deploy, they tell you to put your mask on first, and then put your child's mask on. That way, you both live.

You need to be saved, first, before you can help other people be saved. Without being saved, you have no idea what salvation is, or what you need to be saved from, or why.

Make this thread on eight can's /christian/

/pole/ is a shit board. You won't get a profound discussion here.

>I just can't comprehend
That's what I already told you. Then you said my thinking was unchristian for not worrying about the people who deserve to go there.

Leaving this thread.

The Catholic doctrine is too narrow. There are more paths to heaven than that.

just breath in, bro
take it in deeply

exhale

There are many ways of looking at sin, but from the universe philosophic viewpoint sin is the attitude of a personality who is knowingly resisting cosmic reality. Error might be regarded as a misconception or distortion of reality. Evil is a partial realization of, or maladjustment to, universe realities. But sin is a purposeful resistance to divine reality—a conscious choosing to oppose spiritual progress—while iniquity consists in an open and persistent defiance of recognized reality and signifies such a degree of personality disintegration as to border on cosmic insanity.
2 - (148:4.4) "Sin is the conscious, knowing, and deliberate transgression of the divine law, the Father's will. Sin is the measure of unwillingness to be divinely led and spiritually directed.

Then read the bible. Even after you do, you'll still wonder wtf it really means. Life is a journey, and you're never going to understand God entirely. All you can do is try to get closer.

Empathy isn't wrong. Just don't get caught thinking that evil doesn't exist.

To each his own, taking paths you're not meant to take is harmful to you, even if it isn't to some other people. This is why you have Oneness of aim, yet not Oneness of path.

Don't be an idiot.

Hell doesn't exist.

Sure it's good to feel empatny, but don't allow it to make you act like a gullible idiot.

chabad.org/kabbalah/article_cdo/aid/380834/jewish/Righteous-and-Wicked-46.htm

If you're Christian, you're religion stems from Judaism, and the Torah contains teachings about reincarnation. Even the New Testament hints at this when a man who was born blind was asked if it was blind because of his sin or his parents (only possible that it was his fault if he had lived before). (John 9:2)

Point being that in reality people don't "go to hell forever". You are simply purified in Gehenna of your sins, get reborn, and if you rectify your soul even a little, God counts it as a great work. That's important to mention as it is a fantastic thing in God's eyes for people to make even a small step towards righteousness / unity with the Lord.

>I am sure they are not metaphors. I am sure they exist

And why is that? Let me guess... You just know? Because you feel it?

How would you like a taste of your own thought process from the other side of the table? Because guess what, you're going to go to hell, guaranteed, according to every muslim on the planet. Forever, and ever, and ever... Pain, suffering, and tragedy beyond your wildest nightmares. Does that bother you? Sorry, because just like you, they're sure of this. Why? They just know. Like you.

Wars have been, and will continue to be waged, over these kinds of thought processes. I recommend you relax and take a step back from yourself. Don't drink too much kool aid at once, it's only bad for you.

OP, catholic as well, and i hear you loud and clear. However, I wonder, if you are so good and think most people are so good, then that means you are all aware that evil does exist (even if just to make the comparrison). Yet you do nothing. If instead we are talking about the fate of evil men, then what makes you better than the worst of them, if you can see their folly for what it is and do nothing? When people told jesus he was a very good man he told them NO, only God is good in the end. All men are sinners. They said: then how will any man ever find salvation? The answer was: with God all things are possible. Don't worry about the others until you save yourself. Until then you are as bad as the worst evil man, because you know Jesus and still dont believe, while they have never seen.
But dont worry for them at all, you care for the fate of who you know, God cares for all that exist. With God all things are possible.
All men are sinners and all men are brothers.
Good luck.

If this website is enough to turn you into a nihilistic loser with no friends then you shouldn't be on it. If you can't handle the facts without going into a state of depression your mind is too weak.

This is hilariously sad

I'm young, and fairly newly finding my own faith, so take my word as you will.

But it is not "people" that are good at heart; no, all comes from God, and he is good. So the good we do is not our own, but it is God's. Rather, it is the evil we do which our own, because God has no evil.

Is not the good we do then due to God anyways, and yet you see it as our own? Or rather, is the evil we do not worthy of punishment? Then where is justice?

We are all evil, and this evil is our own. But it is the good in us, in itself a gift of God's grace, that turns us to Him to save us from our iniquity. We cannot help the fact that we are evil at heart, but God decided to reconcile Himself to us anyways.

So the only way to God is through Christ; Hell is not his own doing, but it is ours. In rejecting Christ, we accept Hell. God is merciful, but He won't force us to change our own minds.

Those who are saved, I'm sure, will offer their places in exchange for the damned to sit at God's side. This is, after all, the example set by Jesus Christ. Don't worry about eternity. God has a plan. Just live well and always seek to serve God.

>Hell is a place
Hell is not a place. It's a state of mind, beyond time. It's "forever" because there's no time to chose again afterwards. Also, you can't imagine it. We know it exists but we don't know how or what it is.

Gates of hell are locked from the inside. People chose to go there willingly. An sjw yelling into God's face BIGGOT! goes to hell. A man sperging out before God after rejecting life thru suicide covers his face and can't face infinite good. A principled Buddhist who doesn't accept he's wrong goes to hell. It's their choice. You have to make sure it's not a choice you make in a moment of weakness.

Sumerize your issue in 20 words or less.

>I'm a Catholic
Here is your problem, return to the father

Hell is complete & total annihilation in the purest sense, not eternal suffering – it's complete non-existence. God is an all-consuming fire Who consumes sin, those who refuse to let go of sin-consciousness will be destroyed by His righteous presence.

youtube.com/watch?v=XGpgDOm_EdY
youtube.com/watch?v=WVcPejAp0TI

I expected this thread to die, it was already on page 9.

And why not? I just need help to understand things.

How can you picture a relative or a friend of yours going to hell and still stay this calm? Of course they're foolish in their actions, many people are, but why are they not at least given one last choice to repent when standing before God?

Why is that a lie? Aren't Jesus' actions the ones that we should learn from?

A priest will lead me astray while holding the keys to the kingdom? Why would they do that?
And could you please tell me what's wrong with the catholic church and what church you would recommend instead and why?

I have read about this today while doing research about this, but apparently this kind of teaching goes against what is written in the bible. I wish it were this way. I wish that everyone would be able to live with God in the end, that the evil and the sin in everyone would disappear one day and then even the worst sinner could see the light.

>but you must be doing it wrong.
Doing what wrong?

But I do believe in God and try to spread his word and live by it. Isn't that what saves one?

Even though you won't be reading this, I just wanted to tell you that I did not mean to doubt your faith and that I appreciate that you tried to help me.

Such as? Please post verses from the bible to support your claims.

Evil does exist, I know that, we see it every day. But how can anyone be born with it?

That's what the devil wants you to think, user.

Why would a Christian prioritize the word of the torah over that of the bible? Even if it does stem from it, it's still the bible that is the word of god.

I understand exactly what you're trying to say, I actually said something like this in this pos t, but I cannot ignore the deepest part of my heart.

Christianity isn't just for Jews. Non-Jews receive Christianity differently.

This is why the term Judeo-Christian exists.

Go to Mary user, She will help you in all your troubles

>Taking a book seriously

play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Give yourself entirely to the lord. He will put you through trials and tribulations but only to strengthen your faith. Philippians 4:11-13 might help

It was during this age in Crete that the mother cult of the descendants of Cain attained its greatest vogue. This cult glorified Eve in the worship of the "great mother." Images of Eve were everywhere. Thousands of public shrines were erected throughout Crete and Asia Minor. And this mother cult persisted on down to the times of Christ, becoming later incorporated in the early Christian religion under the guise of the glorification and worship of Mary the earth mother of Jesus.

You're involved in a non-Christian Babylonian cult, user.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL13eE2x3qhPmDJCPm9F2cjckCUdUSubU1

break out your beads

Because Jesus said it is eternal punishment.

More or less this. Hell is just the refusal of God's love and Law. It's not a crapshoot, you know?

stop praising this cunt, this is ridiculous, not even niggers are so stupid

As usual, the Catholics prove their biblical illiteracy and complete ignorance of all things Christian.

Matthew 7:13-14
[ The Narrow Way ] “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

The whole Bible is the word of God and that includes the Torah (can refer to the books of Moses or the whole Old Testament).

My point is that Jesus as a Jew would be speaking from the understanding of a Jew so Judaism is relevant in supplying the full context and meaning. Also that the idea of eternal hell is a misunderstanding that does little other than stress people out.

Hello, Christian brother. I understand your issue and it's one that I grappled with. Don't listen to half these people, because I know Heaven and hell aren't a metaphor. I died for a short time once and I saw what I believe was a small piece of Heaven. I saw my grandpa that died when I was 14, my best friend of all time. I spoke with him at length, and we went fishing just like we did when he was still here. It was really him. Some may try to explain this with some science, but without experiencing it firsthand there is no way they could ever understand.

God is a Just God. He will not send most people to hell, including people that have not been witnessed to. Hell is reserved for the true evil that exists here on this place. It's true, there are Satan worshipping child sacrificers that wish to destroy our planet in the name of Satan. And to take as many people with them that they can through the promotion of degeneracy and evil acts. Pray on it my friend, the Christian God exists, along with many other entities. But He is all powerful, and just, and he waits for the time in which He will set everything right. If you are worried for others' souls, you can witness, take people to church, pray for them, and try to turn them from a degenerate life. But in the end of it, everything will be as it should be.
"The Lord is my shepherd, I need for nothing. He maketh me to lie down in cool pastures, he leadeth me to still waters. He restoreth my soul, he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for He is with me. His rod and his staff, they comfort me. He prepareth a table for me in the presence of my enemies, he anointest my head with oil, my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever." Amen.

youtube.com/watch?v=3_jWGc8Qckg

The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked.
All have sinned. There is none good, no not one.

On judgement day the common grace of God will be removed from these billions of people that you believe to be good and you'll see what they truly are, enemies of God. Then you will praise God along with the rest of creation as he damns them.

God is just.

>However, I wonder, if you are so good
I'm not, I would never claim that. Hate is still something I carry with me. Not so much for other people anymore, that hate I want to lose, but I still have huge problems with accepting myself.

>and think most people are so good
I don't think anyone is born with a better core than another person. It is the strength that protects that core that differs from person to person.

>If instead we are talking about the fate of evil men, then what makes you better than the worst of them, if you can see their folly for what it is and do nothing?

Because Christians are supposed to forgive, and that is exactly what I want to do. I know that greed and other sins infected them, and I would hate to see even the most evil person in the world burn in hell.

>Until then you are as bad as the worst evil man, because you know Jesus and still dont believe, while they have never seen.
But I do believe in Jesus, it's just that I don't know how to come to terms with what he does. I know that is because I'm just a human, but can I really be a good Christian if every prayer I speak is filled with doubt?

The facts are depressing, user.

Why?

You don't know what sin is. I told you, and you still don't know.

You're describing rebellion, which is a sin.

Transgressions are against the Law; iniquity is wicked and evil acts.

Sin is missing the mark, and not being as God is: perfect.

A thousand years from now you will regret those idiotic words you post, with absolutely nothing behind them but your asinine opinion.

>all men are brothers.

What fellowship does light have with dark?

How can two men journey together to opposite destinations?

Catholics are not Christians, and being a Christian is not being "nice".

Rubbish. Being saved, I know that God's judgment on sinners is holy, just and righteous, as God is holy, just and righteous.

There is no place for the dead in the land of the living.

Hell is a place, per Jesus. The outer darkness, Gehenna, the lake of fire.

>Why is that a lie? Aren't Jesus' actions the ones that we should learn from?

Because even if you could follow the Law, and do good your entire life, and avoid evil your entire life (and you cannot), you would still not be like God.

God speaks universes into existence.

What can you do?

Catholic doctrine is entirely edited, ritualistic and wrong, but I believe that in the end, anybody that believes that Jesus died for us is indeed, a Christian. Tell me I'm wrong.

If a person knew nothing but misery and lies throughout their entire life, and one day found out about Jesus, how would that person know that He is the truth? We, as Christians, know that, but non-Christians do not. That's the problem, there are so many people in the world who claim to speak the truth, they come for people when they are at their weakest and most vulnerable. Even though I know they're wrong, I know that peace and happiness is all they seek, so they go to the first one that promises it to them. People are so easily fooled, and this world is full of people who want to fool other people.

I'm going to give you my theological understanding of this issue.

God only does good things for people. Satan is the one who leads people to destruction. Falling away from God is a personal choice, and God does not punish people for this, they bring upon their own destruction by not enjoining themselves to what is pure and decent.

God gives us this choice because he loves us and respects us. He wants us to love him and remember him because we want to, the same way a parent wants their children to love them out of their own free will, and not out of some kind of coercion.

There is still hope for a lot of people, one of the main tenants of Christianity is forgiveness, and it will be delivered to those who see their wrong doings and repent. Many will turn to the correct path when God sends Christ to redeem the world. Whether it happens because of innate truth in prophecy, or because the collective unconscious of society wills it into being, it is going to happen. Just stay strong and continue doing good works for others and shine the light of God within you as an example for the world. Follow the Ten Commandments, take up your cross and follow Christ, it is in peaceful non-violent perseverance that we will see the deliverance of the world.

Gehenna, Hades and other words do not denote one place and need to be read in context. Hell is not a lake of fire.

>But I do believe in God and try to spread his word and live by it. Isn't that what saves one?

You must confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, and then you will be saved.

Knowing there is a God, and even cheerleading for God, is not being born again in the Spirit. It's just being nice. Hell will have many nice people in it, and heaven is packed with former murderers.

She's dead and can help no one.

I never said it wouldn't be hard. Even prophets had to deal with this. But even with all the empathy in the world, it doesn't change the fact that they're as free to exercize free will as you are, as is God's will. But understand this:

Unbelievers don't simply shut down only one precise choice at one precise moment in time. The same way you exercize free will and ask yourself "what would please the Lord?" in times of trials and tribulations, they exercize the same free will and shut down as many opportunities as you are taking.

Death is only there to conclude a life riddled with countless amounts of systematical erroneous choices on their behalf. Yet if they came to make the right choice only once, they'd have a shot at avoiding the eternal punishment of Hell. The whole test is heavily skewed in favor of salvation, mind you.

>He will not send most people to hell,

>I was an atheist for a few years but I managed to find my way back to God

Was it a head injury?

You're wrong. You must believe he rose from the dead, and you must confess out loud that Jesus is Lord. (Rom. 10:9-13)

She's, like all the Saints, in Heaven, meaning that our time constraints don't apply to her. She can hear everyone at any time.

OP, this thread is a mess. It's filled with heretics wanting to debate you, but you know shit about your religion. It completely misses the point of your original post. You're only going to be misled and not solve anything. Talk to your priest or a knowledgeable Catholic.

Gehenna is a place, and that place is not Hades/Sheol.

Hades/Sheol is a place, and that place is not Gehenna.

We know this because in the end, at the Judgment, Hades/Sheol is cast into the fiery pit, along with the devil, antichrist, false prophet, and everyone not born again. Everyone who failed life's one test.

Believe.

What the Pole said. Eternal punishment for temporary crimes is unjust and immoral. You've been brainwashed into worshiping a false tribal god. You've either been born into this cult or seduced by its pseudo-safety and visual elements (clergy uniform, rosary beads, etc.). You probably won't believe me, because in your damaged mind, unbelieving = dying, so I'm fighting the basest instinct you have and it will fight back, no matter how rational my arguments may be. I pray that your spirit finds peace.

You speak true that Jesus is the only way. But, an Archangel witnesses to you after you pass and gives you the chance to accept Jesus then.

All Christians are saints, living and dead.

No living saint in heaven can hear you, including Mary.

You're a pagan idolater and don't know it.