ITT: Post anime that should have another season

ITT: Post anime that should have another season

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TfadJj4d5K4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kuragehime. It's a shame the manga is possibly finished without actually ending.

But, user, it had another season and amother and another.

It never had a proper ending desu and there's a lot of unused material left. With a good production crew (unlike last seasons) they could really make something out of it.
I also just love seeing Lina

I wouldn't mind an ova. Lina and Naga are a fantastic duo.

user, I loved Slayers, but after Try (which wasn't as bad as some would have you believe, just a bit weak), Revolution, and Evolution-R, we all had enough

Literally every sub plot and character story was left open except Icchan's.

Slayers would never have a proper ending unless Lina died or all the gods and mazoku were gone. And even then, there's gods and mazoku in other dimensions that keep trying to invade the world of Slayers (see Lost Universe).

This is why Slayers could have gone on for 20 more seasons if they wanted. It could have been like Naruto, except with good characters and comedy. But it also would have required a competent staff. Which Revolution didn't have.

Also Amelia is best girl and mai waifu.

A boy has the right to dream...
youtube.com/watch?v=TfadJj4d5K4

>muh justice

Too bad all it got was Angel Links and Angel Links was one of the worst shows I've ever seen.

Sword of Wind never

I wish I could forget that that existed.

No Game No Life

>inb4 pleb choice

How was it related to Outlaw Star in anyway except Duuze having a very minor role?

It really wasn't other than being set up in the same universe. OS episode 17 introduced the whole Angel Links thing as a set-up for the spin off and the when that spin off got made it was a colossal pile of shit.

There's plenty of source material.

12 Kingdoms. It just kinda ends with next to nothing but Yoko's insecurity wrapped up.

Seconded

Land of Heroes needs to be animated post-haste

It's my favorite mango, why did this happen? ;_;

I've been calling Busta Rhymes

Literally came here to post this.

I seriously don't know who thought it was a good idea or who it was aimed at, certainly not fans of the original series.

From what very little I've heard it sounded pretty shit. I'm desperate for anything at this point though.

Yeah. I like her because of the justice. That's it...

I wish there were more cool female protags/antiheros like lina. I liked that the characters weren't opposed to running away to regroup either.

>slayers

More like gayers

That got two sequels. The remake/continuation TV series in 1998(was shit aside from OP) and Legend of Crystania. Which was even worse.

And let's not forget this gem.

I didn't want to bring up barely-connected spin offs. But in that case, we'd also have to bring up Rune Soldier Louie.

She's not really an anti hero. More like a chaotic neutral. But yes, there needs to be more of them.

But no, they'd rather spend their rime on Lovelive.

I wouldn't mind my favorite older anime getting 5 or less OVA episodes. Maybe each episode running for 45 minutes.

Or this.

Or this one.

Or this one as well. Honestly, I can name dozens.

Needs a proper adaptation of the whole manga.

It was so comfy.

So does this.

More than enough Ippo is already adapted.

But not all of it.

>Megumi is stuck doing Rei for the next 109109120923492 years
>The new seasons weren't that good
>The majority of the OVAs are shit
>The movie wasn't even that great
I love Slayers, but it's pretty much over.

I'd rather RRR or All Rounder Meguru get a first season before more Ippo.

This show wasn't perfect. And everyone hates the ending. But I want one more season just because they stopped the story right before the best Skuld and Sigel arcs were going to be adapted.

It would have been entirely about the Magnificent ten and Big Fire which were the best parts of the show

An adaption of this with a jazzy soundtrack by Yoko Kanno would be spec-fucking-tacular

but it got another season and it fucking sucked

>not liking the ovas and movies
Fag
The real reason it's over is that it will never succeed without 90s artwork

The movie was fun, but it wasn't Slayers at it's peak. Some of the OVAs are good, but again, not as good as the series.

>The majority of the OVAs are shit
>The movie wasn't even that great

what makes you say this desu?

Glad TL is back

>Bought a frame of NEXT ep 7 where Martina puts a curse on Lina for only $60
Bretty Gud deal desu.

The shows could go back to the old art style. One of the reasons premium was such an insult is they brought in a new designer. They could easily get the old designer back. And hopefully the rest of the old team with them.

WAIT NO IT WAS EP 6

pics
also where's you buy it from?

Err, not premium. All though that did change the art style for no good reason. But it was a decent movie that basically revived Slayers.

I meant Revolution.

i really liked their old artwork, it kinda gave it that rpg feel
the newer stuff just looks plasicy

A vendor at Anime Expo 2016. This a pic from when I got it, can't take a pic now since I'm at a relative's house for new years.

sick
is slayers merch tough to find at events? would really like to get myself something.

You spent 60 dollars on that shit?

It's 20 years old and still in good condition. All the good cels (the originals at least) are probably all sold off at this point.

This was the only Slayers related thing I saw at AX, and that's the biggest anime even in North America. Unless a vendor's specialty is retro stuff, you're probably not going to find a lot. The buys I bought it off of just so happened to have cels from pretty much every major anime in existence.

Few cels remain of older shows. They were sold long ago. I bought a few CCS ones. Almost bought a cel from the dancing scene of CCS movie 2, but it went up to $150 and no way I could justify spending that much.

$60 for a full body cel that isn't an in between is pretty standard.

fuck off

sounds like a good price. some stuff can go for 100+

>go to anime expo back in 1999-2004
>every year, the same guy is selling the same Ah! Megami-sama OAV cel of Belldandy for $250
>every year, no one buys it

Maybe he's still doing it...

>tfw no Sora no Woto S2 with more focus on war drama and exploring No Man's Land

It hurts.

The show was perfect as it was. It absolutely doesn't need another season.

anyone know how much material is left in the ln's or mangos or w/e? do we ever find out about lina's sister desu?

>ITT: Post anime that should have another season

It's like you didn't even watch Slayers Revolution and Evolution-R.

It will never achieve the level of quality Slayers Next had.

Maybe. But I doubt he has much of a stock anymore. I only bought posters from him myself.

Nourin

Slayers next was seriously the best shonen (shojo?) I've ever watched

and all of these

>ctrl-f "spice"
>0 results

do they even have any more materiel to use for another season of this?

No material but the manga is coming out of hiatus soon, though the writer might have lost interest by now

not enough for a season see I can dream.

Sure as fuck not that shit. It already had three or four seasons that more than it needed, plus I don't know how many movies and ovas.

So fuck off. Your waifus a cunt

Do you want to die? That's Lina Inverse the dragon spooker you're talking about

Shonen. The original LN it was based on was never shojo in the least.

FFS, Slayers HAD another season and it was awful

Its a shounen if you go by the magazine it was in. And because its primarily aimed at boys who like RPGs and action. But it barrows from pretty much everything so its hard to give it a specific demographic. I basically think of it as a parody of shounen. Not that you have to look far to see that.

>Naga is added to mock the growing trend of ridiculous breasts in shounen
>later shounens basically make Naga the norm

why do people shit on Try? I loved it

All I see is a flat chested whore who stayed out her welcome at the tail end of the 90s

Every thread.

I dunno, Slayers always kind of bothered me as far as fantasy goes. It was too prone to anachronisms and Japanisms and couldn't really keep a consistent tone.

Ive tried how many times to get into it but I could never finish more than a season with years in between. The characters are often grating and Lina's schtick especially got tiresome fast.

If I want to get my comedy TG anime fix on there are better sources

is that a jojo reference?

That they have exactly two jokes they repeat over and over and over.
And even the better ones, like The Motion Picture, spend half their time fucking around before the actual plot gets underway like the writers don't know what the fuck they're doing and so just slap in shitty filler for the sake of filler.