Elon Musk will launch his car into Mars Orbit because fuck it

twitter.com/elonmusk/status/936782477502246912

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lv9IBRimy-A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why hasn't anyone told him that space is a meme yet?

space is fun
space is fun
space is fun

>implying he will ever successfully launch a rocket

This guy is literally retarded and Fiskars will be putting him put of business soon

ok

1 in a billion chance he won't

What a waste. At the very least this could be used to transport valuable supplies that could later be retrieved by people working on mars or in mars orbit.

Why is everyone turning on /musky/?

He's just an Afrikaner that's ascended this mortal plane and wants to play with god's toys. What's so wrong with that?

I think its kind of a political statement about the nature of free enterprise and greed, but he is definitely shitting the bed for all of humanity.

>Space Oddity
Nice

Some future spacenigger will steal that car

I don't think so?

Those fucking gay niggers from outerspace.

lmao

Isn't it a crime yet to intentionally create space junk?

>Elon Musk will launch his car into Mars Orbit because fuck it

Awesome. I can't wait.

Space advancement is amazing stuff.

First the moon, now Teslas car, I knew we shouldn't have let those space niggers chill out on the moon.

Is musk going of the rails??

>At the very least this could be used to transport valuable supplies that could later be retrieved by people working on mars or in mars orbit.

Pray tell, what "valuable supplies" do you expect people who land on the surface of Mars are going to retrieve from fucking orbit?

Retard.

>its orbit fails
>it falls to the Martian surface
>it crashes into Curiosity

Literally everything they have aside from martin soil will pass through martian orbit. Is space too hard for your little brain to comprehend?

First song:
youtu.be/lv9IBRimy-A

he better get real good insurance on that roadster

this is a good point. Air, food, water, nothing would really be that valuable on such a small scale. Perhaps a relay station for comms?

Yeah fuck air who needs it

Holy meme

Sup Forums ruined my life, everything is a fucking stupid meme, real or not, fact or fiction-doesn't fucking matter

>tfw the cold makes me oh so warm

>airbags

shooting garbage at mars, good idea

If a mars mission made it to mars orbit but didnt have enough air it'd be totally fucked logistically, and a few tanks wouldn't really make a difference.

>deployed

They'll have to go into orbit before landing, you idiot, there's plenty of opportunity for rendezvous. If you read The Martian for example, the system proposed in that is that the ships that carry people between the planets remain parked in orbit and the people go up and down to them

>driving a tesla roadster on mars

can't wait to take it down from orbit

>Elon Musk compresses reddit into a single tweet.

Fuel pods, emergency pods, who fucking cares....what is our government doing in antarctica? Misdirection from the North Pole? The hole

A few tanks could be enough to support an additional colonist.The difference that would make is infinitely greater than anything we have accomplished on mars so far.

>if it doesnt blow up on ascent
>if
lol

If we make it to mars, we can make it to supplies in orbit when/if in need. Still tho, seems stupid to think we'd have to rely heavily on orbit considering how advanced we'd have to be to be there.

If computers were dumber than our phones 60 years ago, how'd we land on the moon again?

>went to the moon with Atari

Government LARPs and memes are going to be trash in twenty years, the shit already stinks from here

so youre saying the first manned mission to mars can get t-boned by an orbiting tesla?
that would be pottery

and what besides a steel umbrella for avoiding antennae during an unrealistic dust storm could they have presupplied in orbit that would have been useful?

The mission to put something into orbit is for testing the systems required to put something into orbit. It would be massively expensive and massively risky to pack it full of survival gear for a manned mission that doesn't even exist yet.

How about he focuses on getting the production numbers up for the Model 3?

he made it pretty clear that he doesn't have high hopes for the first test launch
and that it'd be a success if it explodes far enough away from the launch pad to not damage it

maybe if we stopped dicking around with rockets and just went straight to nuclear propulsion we would save a lot of time and money

This clone is convincing, the real Elon Musk has already been arrested on Mars and is awaiting trial for crimes against humanity, alongside Jeff Bazos - Bill Clinton - Hillary Clinton - George Soros

More expensive and risky than sending a car? I don't think so.

pleb

still gotta get all that shit into space to build it though

take me

It might be fun to have a car on Mars.

>orbit
That guy still thinks the Earth is a sphere

||||||||||||| im edgier than u ||||||||||||||||

Even if the car is the goal it's more efficient to send the parts and assemble it there because of all the wasted space in an assembled car.

Video played in reverse.

>what "valuable supplies" do you expect people who land on the surface of Mars are going to retrieve from fucking orbit
How about a whole bunch of batteries that don't have a shitty car attached to them?

What an amazing use of taxpayer dollars. Praise cronyism!

youre retarded user

No. Rocket Jesus needs to die and burn in hell for eternity.

That would be more efficient for the rockets, but less efficient for the astronauts.

>A fucking company known primarily for making scissors

Not exactly, Musk gets a ton of government money. Car subsidies go to company profits which pay Musk then he uses that money for space stuff.

It's just a car that he's throwing away. There is no risk apart from money Musk is willing to spend.

Which would be less risky than sending supplies how?

better a white guy playing with rockets than all the niggers that could subsidize

>invest hundreds of millions in curing cancer?

>nahhh fuck it, im'ma put a shitty car in orbit 'round mars

as if we didn't need another reason to hate him

He can do it with his own fucking money.

>Welfare whores are bad!
>E-except when we do it!
Kill yourself.

It wouldn't, but even fewer people would care if the payload was supplies for a still unplanned mission.

If I had a choice between leaving a nigger or a car in Mars orbit I would leave the nigger.

Welfare whores are bad, but the government is going to burn billions of dollars a year regardless. We might as well get something good out of it while it lasts.

I don't get the obession with Mars. It's a lofty goal. However the moon is a lot more feasible for a colony or even just an outpost.

You can mine oxygen from the surface. Water too can be made from abundant hydrogen and oxygen on the surface as well ice at the polls. Natural resources like rare earth minerals and He3 deutrium. Plus tourism. Disney Luna Park.

No. Fuck you.

mite b cool

as long as we're going there, why not skip to the logical conclusion and just start mining and inhabiting asteroids?

It's impossible to pay off the debt.

Oh look it's flat

GOAT short film

Gravity simulation is energy intense and uses a lot of moving parts that will wear down.

not if you spin up an asteroid, but that requires a big 'roid and a lot of delta v

>can't meet production quotas

fuck it let's launch one out of orbit

wut
Just spin

A motor and a few solar panels should do the trick for energy.

not on the moon. follow the chain

god the saturn v is just so incredible, I'm always in awe whenever I see any videos of it.

This actually raises a serious question about how our laws affect what we do in space. Technically, everything beyond earth is international waters. Can he even legally do this when it serves no scientific purpose and only serves to live on as a monument to himself. Not that I have a problem with that personally.

That's a meme. Anything in space touched by or settled by a foreign agent belongs to that foreign agent's home country.

>dumb globalist climate change shills will pay for you to advertise your shitty company
#YOLO

>less risky than sending supplies how
think like a ceo
>first falcon heavy test blows up on launch pad with supplies intended for future mars mission
or
>first falcon heavy test blows up on launch pad trying to take a red tesla roadster to mars orbit
one is bad and one is funny
and if it succeeds then there will be a car orbiting mars which is pretty cool

It does serve a scientific purpose, it's a test of his heavy launch system, but it is duplicitous. Personally I think it's a fuck you to Trump.

wtf am i looking at here? is this shit for real?

>Can he even legally do this
If he can't, who will enforce the law?

if it is played in reverse why is there ice on it when it lands?

No. Space is fake.

Being able to land it on the platform is remarkable but I wonder if it wouldn't have been infinitely easier to just use parachutes and have it fall in the ocean.

Because hes a hack and a scam artist

Once it hits the water, it's ruined. They wanted it dry and stationary, for quick refurbishment and re-launch.

Me. The punishment will be rape.