Youjo Senki

>tfw LN author is supervisor of anime and greenlight the anime design because he think LN and manga design for Tanya is way too cute that not very accurate for LN's description

>What I don't get is how the two PV's both look considerably better (and even then that's still worse than the LN designs). Pic relate is straight from the PV, and it doesn't have any sort of Chucky Doll look to it.
PV(or say anime itself) is always better than magazine pictures.

Other urls found in this thread:

youjo-senki.jp/story/?ep=1
twitter.com/sonzaix/with_replies
amazon.co.jp/dp/4061399047
zasshi.news.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20161230-00010003-otapolz-ent
twitter.com/neichiru
twitter.com/yooochika
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30256679
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One thing i don't understand is why use Austro-Hungarian flag?

It's Holy Roman Empire flag.

>LN and manga design for Tanya is way too cute that not very accurate for LN's description
What a fag.

Do you have any idea how often the original creator is asked to supervise the anime adaptation and then almost completely ignored? Do you think they were forbidden from giving any input on the supposedly inaccurate illustrations up till now?

Not for this case judging by this producer's record.
Also all episodes will going to done by one person so it's more easy to discuss with unlike other shows with multiple writers.

Also funny that it seems he like studio's tea but he find out no coffee in the studio.

Episode 1 summary.
youjo-senki.jp/story/?ep=1

Author sounds like a bro.

*Comrade.
twitter.com/sonzaix/with_replies

>it's that fujoshit or normalfag teen again
Eat shit.
The anime looks horrible, Tanya's design is fucked up, and everyone who likes this is the problem with the industry.

>defending literally fujoshit character designer
Try /cm/

>(`・ω・´)

>Empire confirmed for Habsburg

What are his other works?

Something bout notYugoslavia.

Does it involved Chetnik vs Ustashe vs Muhajideen in Turbo Folk?

I didn't read it so i don't know, maybe you can check the summary.
Total 4 volume.
amazon.co.jp/dp/4061399047

So he's talking shit about his LN illustrator?

Did this faggot author forget that his manga could get cancelled if his illustrator decides to cut ties like what happened with Mayo Neko's illustrator which caused Mayoi Neko's manga by Yabuki to be ended early due to the author - illustrator row?

Any proof in what you said is true, OP?

Because the Japanese are not known to be this confrontational and direct and almost every Light Novel afterword by different authors has the author thanking the illustrator.

Does the illustrator have a twitter?

If the illustrator finds out the author is talking shit about him, this work could be put on hiatus.

And she looks so cool in the manga.

>So he's talking shit about his LN illustrator?
Where did he say that?

Not OP.
>greenlight the anime design because he think LN and manga design for Tanya is way too cute that not very accurate for LN's description
Tried but i did not find any source about this.

>LN author is supervisor of anime
This part is true though.
zasshi.news.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20161230-00010003-otapolz-ent

That said.
>Because the Japanese are not known to be this confrontational and direct
Judging by his author name(Carlo Zen) maybe he is more direct than most Japanese.

See OP is either baiting or the author wants his work to experience delay.

Mayoi Neko's last 3 to 4 volumes had to get different illustrators and change all the character designs because Mayoi Neko's illustrator and the author got into a fight.

If the author actually stated that he doesn't like the illustrations and only decided to say this shit after multiple volumes are already out, then he could cause big trouble.

The author says the illustrations are too cute yet this author is only complaining after his work has several volumes out.

How come the author didn't voice his criticisms before the first volume was even published?

This is pretty petty passive aggressive shit directed at the illustrator.

I think he's trying to justify the horrible anime design for fans who had read LN and the manga.

That could backfire.

It shows the author's insincerity since he doesn't seem to want to save the face of his illustrator so I guess that means they don't have a good working relationship, then.

And saving face is a big thing in Asian culture.

He could cause his illustrator to rage quit/resign then if such comments reach the illustrator.

>33.6k tweets
This author sure spend loads of time in twitter.

This is Japan, so I am not surprised if the author had talk with LN illustrator before he comments, heck maybe they even collaborated together to play down the anime design so the audience would think it is acceptable or that's how it supposed to be. That kind of psychology thing.

>
>
>

Judging by the done time of anime character design(before manga even start which means before 2016 April, according to manga author), i'm sure they have loads of time(over 9 months) to reject the design and create new one or just do some fix(Visha's eye, lips etc), but somehow they still greenlight it, so i think LN author at least think this is ok design for him.

Oh, that's true. I wonder why.
Does he had no choice in choosing the LN illustrator and just settle with whatever works his editor picks because it was his debut novel?

or the animation studio told him that choosing this fujoshi would lower down the cost of production so he was pressured to accept it?

Achtung!
I wonder if notDenmark and notScandinavia countries involved in WW1 just like Youjo Senki's settings?

Check the design i doubt it can lower the cost at all, i mean look at the eyelash.

GODDAMMIT MAN I DIED

They mostly would help Germany, not trying fight them.

So Youjo Senki is mixed between WW1 and WW2?

This. Fans probably dislike it, so he has to come out and say "no, no, I approve guys!"

Yeah, character design aside the quality of animation looks high. So would he change his LN illustrator if he likes the anime design?

When does this series starts? Hopefully this upcoming week.

Friday night 10pm(Japan time).

Doubt it, it's already 7 volumes and wasn't it's near to end?

I'm thinking of reading the LN's/Watching the Anime because of all the art I've been seeing and it looks incredibly good.

But is the story decent? I'm a little jaded by the whole "T-totally not Nazis, guize!" plotlines that Japan loves to churn out.

If you love Isekai and military themed story, this will be your choice without needless fanservice.

>Doubt it, it's already 7 volumes and wasn't it's near to end?
Is it? What volume it will end?

with technomagic

fanservice doesn't always mean lewd

projection

>Takes 7 volume to complain that the LN chara design is too moe
>Greenlid anime design

Carlos Zen must be a faggot that war should be edgy and grimdark so the chara design should also follow suit

Only idiots like this garbage anime/LN.

Maybe Author dig the anime's perspective of the war

is that a loli with a beard

I wish.

>Assume the author didn't voice out his opinion earlier.
>Assume they didn't talk it out like adults.

Why are you acting like some edgy kid?

But God made the little girls.

The author didn't let the illustrator save face.

This is the illustrator's twitter by the way.

twitter.com/neichiru

The work could go on hiatus if the illustrator rage quits.

This is the manga artist's twitter.

Author also says manga artist doesn't know how to accurately portray his work based on OP's claims.

twitter.com/yooochika

Guess the author wants to burn bridges if what OP is saying is true.

>twitter.com/neichiru
LN's illustrator?

>Author also says manga artist doesn't know how to accurately portray his work based on OP's claims.
Oh wow. Youjo Senki is over.

>LN author hates moe design comfirmed

Fuck Carlo Zen

I mean what more could he want? The LN illustrations are already unique as is compared to its contemporaries.

What? Does he want Aku no Hana-tier potato shit in this?

Show me which tweet Carlo Zen said they don't accurately portray his work or you are full of shit

LN author is basically forced into saying "stop hating guys, give anime a chance" because everyone is shitting on the anime design.

Fucking coward

The Austro-Hungarian Monarchy's flag was pic related

>from visha pov, "My first impression of the Imperial Army Officer Second Lieutenant Degurechaff of the
Western Front, Seventh Field Army, 205th Assault Mage Squadron—who was my direct
supervisor—it would be “Vampire.” Her sickly white skin and sharp eyes that despise the
sun definitely surprised me."

Vampires are inherently beautiful otherwise how could they seduce the opposite sex? How could a duck faced be more accurate in comparison to LNs and Manga's design, even if they aren't accurate they are still better design than the ducked faced.

>Tanya "Are there no child protection services here? I might not be cute on the inside, but my outward
appearance is that of a kid. Instead of a kid, I am closer to a small child or toddler."
>Colonel "This was one of the few times he visited OCS for his manpower branch duties. What he
had seen then was a short, or rather, a cute, small child who was at an age where she should
be playing with toys."

She's supposed to be cute alright.

Doesn't matter, illustrator comes and go. There are still a lot illustrator he can choose from. Hopefully it will create fresh story later on.

>Holy
>Roman
>Empire

What about Ottoman Empire?

I doubt he even cares that much which of the three is closest to his own tale he has already told in short form and now doing the final run.

It doesn't affect the world he built in any way so he's being forced into saying something about it after this backlash from pvs.

You really are delusional. The publisher picks, not him.

And you underestimate how much power an illustrator also holds over the work.

The author doesn't own the rights to the character design, only the illustrator.

Mayoi Neko's author wasn't allowed to use Peco's character designs anymore.

The last 3 LN volumes of his Mayo Meko series had character designs that were pretty much unrecognizable.

The illustrator could fuck with the author and delay his work, which risks losing reader interest.

>Tanya is way too cute that not very accurate for LN's description
?

I'm not sure but i think Youjo Senki isn't a very long series?

I think what I hate most is the contrast in her non existent nose to her fucking huge fish lips.

Why does the other girl look like she belongs in some Amerishit tier cartoon?

>LN author is basically forced into saying "stop hating guys, give anime a chance" because everyone is shitting on the anime design.
>everyone
I'm not saying people doesn't, at least in here seems many people hate it.
Thing is, it's not same in Japan, and i doubt LN author or anime staff care about how gaijin thinking.

What the fuck

It's literally Aku no Hana all over again.

It's still ongoing though, it will be depends on the success of anime promotion to boost the sales.

Not covered yet in manga, don't know about the LNs so far.

>Everyone hates the PV
>PV just made the backlash for the series
Do Sup Forums really believe this? i don't see this after i check the nico comment, in fact they seems very excited about it.
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30256679

Cute Izetta.

Pretty sure web version already ended.

What does it say?

>flash news niconico air confirmed
>over 100k view!!
>time for save Izettafags

That's the comments i can read.
The show was announced to be Abema exclusive in Japan network streaming, but seems end up niconico also can air this so some of them celebrating.

>Japan has shit taste

What a surprise

I just can't stand this edgy.

>MYTH&ROID

I might consider, also second PV looks good

>Incredibly deviant from the source, seems like it'll sell worse than that tax evading orc (*Referring to Mamare)
>Sounds like Mickey
>Mouth's like a duck's
>What's with her lips
>The way her eyes and mouth are depicted is ridiculous
>Haven't read this, but I can't stand the art
>Face's weird, lol
>0% moe
>LN illustrations and manga were great, so how did things turn out like this
>Even if the sakuga is good you can't be motivated to watch if the art is shit, right? Would you consider dating a good person even if she looks like a pig?
>Visha's character design's... Especially considering how good her manga design is...
>Feels off...

Nice fake comments user.
You seriously think people in here doesn't have niconico account?

>Express news, broadcast on Niconico confirmed
>Comrade Roria! Over 100k views!
>Source is Arcadia, not Narou
>Izetta refugee rescue measures activate
>Source was written in 2011
AKA fucking nothing

>because he think LN and manga design for Tanya is way too cute
Someone shoot the author please.

>Izetta refugee rescue measures activate

This will be fun.

I hate how retarded it looks when they fly.

>一番原作剥離が激し(くて脱税オークより売れなさそうな上なろう産で唯一こけそう)い
>なんかミギー見たい声だな
>アヒルみたいな口しやがって
>唇がなぁ
>口と目の描写があんまり
>未読で申し訳ないが、この絵は苦手
>顔がおかしいw
>萌え要素0パーセント
>小説の挿絵と漫画は素晴らしいのにドウシテコウナッタ
>←作画でしか評価できんのかって絵がクソじゃ見る気起きんから評価できんないんやろ?お前は見た目ブスの良い子と付き合おうと思うのかね?
>ヴィーシャのキャラデがなぁ…漫画版が良かっただけに…
>コレジャナイ感・・・

>Implying the author is not trying to damage control.

You seriously think make it in Japanese believe will fell for your baiting?

>Also all episodes will going to done by one person
That's not possible.

My only issue from the PV is sometimes she has a very sharp facial expression and sometimes it's just like...a ball.

Also that one chick with REALLY big eyes is off putting, but I mean overall it looked pretty good.

I don't really see how it deviates from the original design all that much but maybe I'm retarded

According the link from >あと今回は全話の脚本を担当していただきましたので、シリーズを通しての意図をもらすことなく、各話に練り込んでいただけました。

It's true.