Honduras

So, I live in this freaking country almost unkown to the rest of the world, although we are really close to the USA.

Honduras: since the 26th of november when we had general elections (President, Congressmen and Mayors), the electoral process has been under rigorous surveillance due to the possibility of rigged elections.
>economist.com/news/americas/21720653-presidents-bid-second-term-alarms-democrats-eight-years-after-coup-heated
>economist.com/news/americas/21731691-his-tough-crime-policies-are-paying-political-dividend-juan-orlando-hern-ndez-looks-headed
>economist.com/news/americas/21731881-loser-unlikely-accept-result-hondurass-disputed-election-provokes-crisis
>foreignpolicy.com/2017/11/14/the-united-states-has-a-lot-riding-on-the-honduras-election/
>economist.com/news/americas/21731791-excerpts-tape-what-appears-be-training-session-poll-workers-suspicion
>economist.com/news/americas/21731725-recording-obtained-economist-suggests-it-may-be-merits-investigation-hondurass

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/01/honduras-election-protesters-clash-with-police-as-opposition-cries-foul
reuters.com/article/us-honduras-election/honduran-army-enforces-curfew-to-stem-violence-after-delayed-vote-count-idUSKBN1DW04J
carnegieendowment.org/2017/05/30/when-corruption-is-operating-system-case-of-honduras-pub-69999
cloudconvert.com/mp4-to-webm
convertio.co/mp4-webm/
zamzar.com/convert/mp4-to-webm/
resultadosgenerales2017.tse.hn/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There were several peaceful protests throughout the week, but yesterday (friday), things got out of control.
>theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/01/honduras-election-protesters-clash-with-police-as-opposition-cries-foul

Although protests were peaceful, some stupid people started looting several business around the country (you’ll see some pics later). And later on, government declares a mandatory curfew and special powers to the army so they can detain anyone who is on the streets starting on dec 1 to dec 10th. The curfew will start at 6 pm and will be suspended at 6 am on those days.
>reuters.com/article/us-honduras-election/honduran-army-enforces-curfew-to-stem-violence-after-delayed-vote-count-idUSKBN1DW04J

Today is curfew night 1. I will share with you some videos.

I mean, nobody cares about Honduras, I know. Our politicians only care about power, not on the benefit of the people, and the purpose of this post is for me to make public the abuse on human rights going on right now.

I’ve been a long lurker on Sup Forums. I won a pizza betting on Trump for Presidency. And I love my country.

When corruption is the operative system: Honduras
>carnegieendowment.org/2017/05/30/when-corruption-is-operating-system-case-of-honduras-pub-69999

Video 1
facebook com /182671995164106/videos/1536350329796259/

Video 2
facebook com /queloqueratv/videos/932073873617166/

>When corruption is the operative system

CIA
For decades.

nations obessed with cummies are shit tier

Video 3
facebook
/alexacondezade.aragon/videos/10155737759415519/

[Sorry I have to place links of facebook posts, i had downloaded the videos but they are in MP4 format, which is not accepted by this forum]

I know right... fuck commies, fuck every single politician that has ruled my country.

I feel so frustrated

Video 4
facebook com /alexacondezade.aragon/videos/10155737760595519/

Didn't your country start a war with El Salvador over a football match or something?

Yes and no. El Salvador wanted to take over some honduran territory for a while, a lot before the footbal match.

Unfortunately, they decided to invade Honduras after that footbal match on 1969.

I know El Salvador may have a different version of the story, and I respect that.

But I do know that both countries have been fighting over dominion of small islands in the Fonseca Gulf until just recently.

Honduranon. Hey, I like that! It should replace Hondureño. I turned 21 in San Marcos, I forget which state.

So, those are the videos so far.

I'll try to come every night of the curfew with more if they are available.

I hope this helps to raise awareness of what is currently going on my country.

Thanks to all who see this thread tonight.

That would be Colón (Spanish for the last name of Christopher Columbus).

I like Honduranon!

When were you in Honduras?

Bump

March 1998. My national guard unit came to build a school. Many things were loo tech and rustic. I'm sure they wanted a bit more material prosperity, but Those were the best porta johns on earth! Big plywood things with enough place to set things down. And spotless!

I still have some bird faced Mayan ceremonial mask (my kids call it "bird man") and a few things made by hand with some tree sap region. Beautiful!

I'm glad you had a nice impression of Honduras.

You see, our people and places are really great. Our politics is shit tier lever x10

Couldn't find an uglier girl to post?

Isn’t Honduras one the shitty Central American countries that keeps sending their peasants to the States?

Yes it is.

That's why I really wanted Trump to win. If we stop sending peasants to the USA, we will have to create a productive infrastructure in our own soil.

But for now, we do not need that, our peasants in the USA send millions of dollars daily to their families back here.

You and other Central American countries shall join Mexico back. Or unrelated. I don't even understand how you managed to survive for so long. Small countries with no resources at all, what's even point in your independence?

What an awful face. It's weird SEA monkies never have pretty faces.

rare flag

>nice digits
We survive through remittances from USA, and drug money I guess.

Mexico doesn't want us back too.

Dude, omit the face and enjoy the ride

Top blue stripe symbolizes the Caribbean Sea. Bottom blue stripe symbolizes Pacific Ocean.
Five stars represent the original five countries of Central America (Guatemala, El SAlvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Honduras).
White background symbolizes, heh, peace.

Ours are too, they just tend to be a bit more polite so far. That trend seems to be ending. I think civil war will come next year. Some kind of purge at minimum, civilization will collapse in the worst case.

Our nation has been greedy and failed to bless others as we should. God is judging us. Look at the homosexual craziness outbreak.

We really need to repent of various sins and pray that theLord heals our land.

Are you spics or Asians?

spic really mixed with local ethnic (pic related)

>blah dressed like a hooker

You know that’s the thing. We want y’all and everyone else to succeed and be wealthy. Why? That means more wealth for us in the States. Yet for whatever reason Latin America seems to be corrupt hell holes. Just like Africa, y’all seem to thrive on corruption. Which is sad.

I think is right answer. Combine bunch of smaller countries into a larger economic block. Shoot Latin America could easily be a EU type deal. Y’all speak Spanish (with exceptions of Brazil & french guiana) so language barrier shouldn’t be that hard. Just have to band together to kick the corruption & Narcos out.

try these to convert them:

cloudconvert.com/mp4-to-webm

convertio.co/mp4-webm/

zamzar.com/convert/mp4-to-webm/

Damn. That’s ugly.

>corrupt hell holes
Some people right now are begging for international intervention in Honduras. We do not trust politicians at all.

Thanks!

What can I say... gene lottery didn't favored most of us.

If we’re going to get a Honduran population on this site, I vote on calling them hondas, like the car.

Well, that is not our people. If they want to be in Honduras, that's ok. We should help them want to stay there and be happy, and we can do the same.

Isn't Honda really associated with japs?

Watching. Can’t believe you’d want Nalgarana and Zelaya’s commie whore running your country.

At least Nasralla has promoted anticorruption policies. Hernández is a full "wipe out country's arks" if he looses election.

You see, we do not have many options.

Yea but Honda sounds like Honduras, and we already call them japs

I’ll say. A faggot running with a retarded communist’s wife whose antics flushed Honduras down the toilet ten times over than it already was.

Stay safe man and keep with the updates

sounds fair... still I do not like how it sounds.

Honon?

Post more honduran qts

Mexico losing Central America was a mistake

Thanks... going to bed now. Will post tomorrow any new incidents.

Yeah, I kind of preferred Hernández. We knew beforehand he would rig the election and win for a landslide. In that scenario, things would had carried on like everyday.

But surprise, vote difference is just 1.5% and now people are "fighting to defend their vote and to take down the corrupts"

How about 'Duran. Like the band. Maybe you guys can do some Spanish cover of "Hungry Like the Wolf!"

I like what said “honduranon”

These are the official ballot counting stats:
resultadosgenerales2017.tse.hn/

So any politicians in Honduras arrested because of Odebrecht yet?

>TFW vicepresident of Ecuador got arrested couple of months ago because of corruption
>TFW the entire party is crumbling because of it
at least there will finally be change in the next election in 3 years

Hernandez seems to have cleaned shit up a great deal after Zelaya almost destroyed everything. Can’t believe anyone would opt for that piece of shit’s wife.

Yo he visitado su pais cuando era un nino. Recordé que vi un traficante narcato con un AK en un barrio local. Los locales me dijeron que "este visto es normal....bienvendios a honduras"
I'm also dating a cute mestiza Honduran girl right now....please send more ;)

Honduras has its own TLD?

I was in La Ceiba during the 2009 coup. How would you say the current event compares to 2009?

Best of luck, catracho. Don't get shot.

If a friend I know had a bass (who might or might not be reading this post, for he is a long time lurker) alongside my guitar skills, we might as well.

>If we stop sending peasants to the USA, we will have to create a productive infrastructure in our own soil.
It's good that you understand user.

bass is the god-tier instrument.

I spent some time in your country and neighbors in 2009, and was traveling through when Zelaya was sent on a nice Costa Rican vacation and didn't even appreciate it.

Obama's response was a complete embarrassment.

But I don't know why you did away with your presidential term limits. There are also so many goddamned fullblown commies in Latin America and the OAS, etc, I appreciate how difficult politics can be there.

I remember going to Nicaragua afterward and meeting a kid studying economics on the ferry from Ometepe. I was hesitant to talk politics with him (illegal there), but I just talked about what their newspapers said. On the front page, a gov't article praising Nicaragua's response (shut border, etc.) to the Honduran situation... then the next page, how much money they lost because Honduras did the same.

Hang in there, I know it's tough.

Nah, the official version (Honduras was killing Salvadorean inmigrants) has been long been debunked and unmasked as bullshit, the real reason was that the owners of big extensions of land couldn't be bothered to sell even a small portion to acommodate those inmigrant families and rather try to take some of your country's land. In the end it was rich people in both sides being assholes and letting the poor kill each other over a stupid reason.

>US government pays bribes to dictator regimes for years so they let them take their natural resources and side with them in their international agenda during the cold war, creating a culture of corruption.
>"Why are your countries such corrupt hell holes?"

Shemale?