Legendary Evangelion animator Mitsuo Iso: "Flip Flappers was a mistake"

twitter.com/siromitu/status/815059268290289666

I guess I know why everyone he worked with hated his guts after Dennou Coil.

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/poxfpr.webm
a.pomf.cat/ifkher.webm
japantimes.co.jp/culture/2016/12/27/films/please-dont-see-animated-blockbuster-says-japans-new-miyazaki-makoto-shinkai/#.WGJ9rxsrLIW
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Based Mitsuo

If he's so legendary, why hasn't he animated anything impressive in over a decade?

Flip flopped again. Ahahahahahahahahaha.

>Dennou Coil
Probably just a grudge on Mitsuo's part considering they both worked on it.

From what I can understand with my shitty moonrunes reading, he loved the ED and wanted the series to be more like it?

I still don't get it why they trying hard with animation? Everything flops. No point to waste your time. Original shows are 200% flop except soem miracles

>Legendary Evangelion animator

He is

So legendary he's out of the loop and haven't done anything of note in over a decade.
His opinion is as good as a bitter retired geezer.

I know right. And unless it's Kyoani or idol anime, original shows with female MC lezzing it out will never survive.

That's what I'm getting too. I think he may have wanted more of a story of 'wonder' and 'exploration' like the earlier episodes were since the story was more 'episodic'.

>So legendary he's out of the loop and haven't done anything of note in over a decade.
Yes. Like old masters who stop painting pictures after some period of glory.

It's like a child is behind this post.

What was his part in Flip Flappers anyway

He praised the ED but whined about the show being too moe and cutesy for him and blamed the producers.

Not even b8ing.

Takeshi Honda still wants Iso's head on a pike.

He's right. Episodes 1-6 and 8 were miles better than the rest.

Old masters hone their craft until they're on their deathbed.
This guy is so full of himself despite being irrelevant to the industry.

He's right. They pushed to make it generic yurishit due to the retards behind production, they got what they deserve.
Nobody cares about yurifilth anymore.
If it was boys instead, it would have sold well.
if it was boys and girls, it would have sold somewhat.
If it was a cute & pure SOL with no yurishit undertones, It might have sold.

But no they ruined it with garbage lesbian pandering for degenerates who read Kirara, they got what they deserved.
He's 100% correct, it could've been a masterpiece if they made a pure SOL like LWA, with the animation work and direction that it had.

Now let's see the influx of flip FLOPfags come in to bash his opinion and damage control the garbage ending, like deluded yurifags usually do.

How is Iso full of himself? For expressing an opinion on an anime?

Based.

>what's Symphogear

Not him but
>Symphogear
>well animated

Your argument is that Flip Flappers would have sold better if it were BL instead of Yuri?
There are more important things in life than sales

>a pure SOL like LWA
What?

You really think they make it because they like it? Nah. They make it because they saw Hibikek was a hit. And with yuri and not BL at least they can make cute girls too.

Am I just imagining things or is there a trend in making female MCs lesbians? Like what is going on here?

>Symphogear
>not idol
Are you serious man?

>Old masters hone their craft until they're on their deathbed.
Do you really want me to post some old masters and TOLD you?

yes

Yuri will conquer the Earth.

I'm pretty sure the writer just likes yuri. Most artists do what they do because they enjoy it.

>a trend in making female MCs lesbians
You're at least two decades behind, user. That's all.

>Symphogear
>Idol Anime
You never watched Symphogear.

It's basically Hokuto no Ken with Girls.

They don't. They want money. If you really want to see passion work go watch Samurai Flamenco and see how they didn't push homoerotic tones too much in your mouth.

Yes, and there's a trend in making male MC's gay.

I'm Flip Flapper and he is right, the story was a mistake.

With idols. Don't lie to me user. I once thought like you too. That the shows was hot shit but with females but then they sang. They sang their hearts out. Idol shit goes in the garbage.

Yes, do it.

>Samurai Flamenco
>no homoerotic tones

Fuck this retard.

lol

Unless it's at the end of the series none of them had homoerotic tones. Just a guy with no GF.

>Sam Flam
Oh shit nigga what are you doing

> muh episodic flifla
> muh really feeling the writer change
Seriously, even the fucking opening foreshadowed that there will be more plot and serious shit in the future. Are you blind?

Are you actually retarded? They get their power from singing while beating the shit out of each other while trying to save the world.

The only actual Idol is Tsubasa and she gets one or two episodes each season focusing on that.

Yeah but the plot sucked ass

I can't. Shameful despair.

Moe and Mari were trying not to fuck each other every other episode

Your opinion sucks ass.

not as much as Cocona's mom lel

Sp, are you saying there aren't idol there? Are you saying that sudden females singing doesn't signify somewhat to idols? Do you think it was a coincidence that an idol was actually in the show? No, they have make an idol their base of concept. Then they sang. And there is an actual idol there with episodes focusing on that part. Now go to hell you idol lover. Just because they don't specifically just focus on idols doesn't make the show not appeal to idol lovers.

I'd say this was a good attempt at a shitpost OP, but it was barely worth the time i took to post this message.

>make the show not appeal to idol lovers.
>moving goalposts this hard

Why kick the dead horse? Everyone will forget FF by time first show of new season airs.

It flopped cruely and aside small autistic circlejerk on Sup Forums no one cares about it. No sales, no pixiv art, no anything. People joked about it being new Fractale/Rolling Girls, but it actually turned out to be worse.

Not moving it. Just clarifying it. If an idol lover like the anime because of its idol themes, then it can be counted as an idol anime. You are the one seeming to want to close of the definition of idol anime here.

If that's it, I can't help but agree with him. The overall story they tried to tell was shit, should have just been random episodic adventures.

>main character is an idol
THAT DOESNT MAKE IT AN IDOL SHOW
>characters sing original songs in every episode
THAT'S JUST THE SOUNDTRACK!
>show uses the standard idol anime tropes, themes and character traits
IT'S JUST A DECONSTRUCTION
>series sells itself on concerts, OST sales, music videos and character goods like all idol anime
S-SO WHAT?!

You might be on the spectrum.

Symphogear sells because it has the real life idols behind it.

Hm, you actually convinced me with the concert part.

The problem is not that it became serious, but that it became vastly inferior when it tried to be serious.

Kiznaiver did better than Flipflappers, because Kiznaiver is art, while FF is just a random mess.

The quality of direction, characters and art is in insane.

Geez if you want to join in on the shitposting at least bait with an actual good show.

The art is the one thing Flip Flappers always maintained on high quality though.

None of them are real life Idols though. Idoldom is pretty clear cut and Mizuki Nana or Takagaki Ayahi don't fit that bill. They are just Voice Actors and Musicians.

Kiznaiver is valid bait since it was recent show also, which had better art, animation, characters, direction and writing.

Comparing FF with others is pointless since it loses to likes of Rolling Girls (which on itself was already a meh show), Fractale, even Comet Lufufers and the likes. Not even counting the actually good shows like Kyousogiga or Abenobashi.

So Kiznaiver it is. Which was also flop, but least better in everything than FF.

>I guess I know why everyone he worked with hated his guts after Dennou Coil.

Unlike Flipped Fappers, Dennou Coil was actually a good show.

Too bad it destroyed Iso's career.

Sure, Nana and Ayahi are probably outside the idol stuff.
But Aoi, Nanjo and Hikasa definitely fill the bill, if Aoi maybe less because she started pretty recently.

While i love Dennou coil, it's mid-season arc with whiny-boy pining for his dead gf was so fucking horrible it nearly killed the show completely, even detractors of FLFL's plot episodes would be kidding themselves in thinking it was as bad as that crap.

>my face looking up Aoi Yuuki
>Height: 1.45 m

Yes user, she is a dwarf.

I thought it was just bullshit and exaggeration, never expected her to be really that small.

I like Kiznaiver and Flip Flappers.

Why hasn't a bait thread like this been deleted?

It's because a female MC is already breaking social norms in Japan, it's not a stretch to make them a lesbian

Flop Flopper fags btfo

Sup Forums is not your safe space

>Person on twitter says something
I want Sup Forums to leave

It's a blatant misrepresentation of what the tweet says to troll people. Thread should have been deleted hours ago.

Hasn't he been whining about anime being too moe for a decade or 2?

As all FF threads

It's not like mods speak Nip, how would they know?

The plot was average at best, if not very ambitious.
Not only that, but the time spent slowly mounting it over the early episodes were wasted; I felt like they could have interjected the exact same story without dancing around, laying the foundations during the previous episodes. But regardless of their approach, I would have still seem it as an unwelcome intrusion into my nice adventuring anime.
They should have just ultimately fought up the ranks of the KKK until they went head-to-head with evil Mimi whilst retaining that sense of distinct adventure in each episode, instead of trying to piece something together that wasn't worth the time.

a.pomf.cat/poxfpr.webm
a.pomf.cat/ifkher.webm

Dennou Coil, while being absolutely amazing in many regards, had a very underwhelming plot. I watched it twice and still does not recall what it all was about. FliFla also had troubles with the plot's delivery, but at least there the plot made me care about itself.

>Too bad it destroyed Iso's career.
But why?

>she will never roleplay Krul in bed for you

Aoi is a very sexy hobbit.

Honestly this. The direction they chose for the story would be much better suited for a longer series that explores the characters and plot much in the way that CCS did. Obviously this was impossible: The funding and time simply didn't allow this. But instead they shouldve taken the story on a little less safe route. Something with a much stronger message or impact with what we got, but at the same time a lot simpler focusing either solely on Cocona and Papika or solely on PI. Its unfortunate because there definitely was potential for this to be a masterpiece. It certainly started out that way. But oh well, it was a hell of a lot of fun.

Relevant.

japantimes.co.jp/culture/2016/12/27/films/please-dont-see-animated-blockbuster-says-japans-new-miyazaki-makoto-shinkai/#.WGJ9rxsrLIW

>says-japans-new-miyazaki-makoto-shinkai
doubt.jpg