Why are there so few shounen romance series with the MC being in a relationship from the start?

Why are there so few shounen romance series with the MC being in a relationship from the start?

Both this and Fujiyama-san were much more fun than will-they-wont-they-punched-through-the-wall-because-she-didn't-lock-the-bathroom-door shit.

Because japs have shit taste. they love it when MC gets punched through the door because generic slut didnt lock it for the millionth time

Because it's the journey that counts.

Stories need conflict. A romance based story needs romance based conflict, that inevitably can only be handled in two different ways. It's either "will they won't they" or it's, "they already did but now things are going bad". You can't have things be absolutely passive, that's not a story. You can shift the conflict to a different problem, but at that point you're no longer dealing with a romantic story, it is likely now a drama (for example see Clannad).
You can do a slice of life about romance, but that's not exactly a love story, more of a comedy with love life as a topic.

The conclusion I'm trying to illustrate here is that a love story that is 100% pure to the genre is going to be limiting, and the kind of "they're already dating" setting people lust after simply cannot work well within the genre. That is a territory for different types of stories.

I disagree, there's lots of fun seeing couples experience things together and progressing their relationship

>translations stalled

Feels bad man

So drama and romance are mutually exclusive?

And with only one or two chapters left to finish.

Because what you actually want is josei and seinen.

For real? Dammit.

This and Fujiyama-san were both series I enjoyed and they're both finished.

>seinen romance getting translations

kek

Yesterday wo Utatte i being translated

the last chapter was recently translated, i'll dump it

are there any manga romances where the girl sucks a big black cock? asking for a friend

>Why are there so few shounen romance series with the MC being in a relationship from the start?

because they need to to be able to relate to their audience

This manga is honestly really boring.
It isn't bad but there really isn't anything appealing either.

Because most kids aren't born with their lovers tied together. They are exploring the nature of love in their junior high and high school years. Thus a story about nature of growth will show progression to growth rather than already developed love.

Read Sup Forumsmics. Its aimed for blacks and nu-whites.

keep on posting

thanks for the support, user

damn

Cute.

ay

Oh god my heart

comfiest ending.

Nice ending but I miss some kind of epilogue.

This.

Look at "My Love Story!!"

Not being in a relationship naturally creates tension and you always end up rooting for the characters. Not to mention that the actual confession in the end is always really satisfying.
It's really all in the build up and the finale in my opinion.

+

I honestly forgot they were high-school.

This

Manga about relationships can work but the two partners need to be interesting and I need to care about them.

Tsurezure Children has that in spades.

Shounen manga are quite literally for little boys. Young boys (as in 4-11) don't even have sexual desire yet. They want women to be interested in them, as a status symbol but they don't actually want a relationship.

SORRY PASSING THROUGH

SORRY SORRY PASSING THROUGH

SORRY EXCUSEME PASSING THROUGH

SORRY JUST PASSING THROUGH

>Cold Cocked: The Short Stories
>Featuring Asides Starring the Thirstiest Girls You'll Ever Meet

How long until Kamine pushes Gouda down and has her way with him? Also more Yamada-chan when?

Before all that, more emotionally stunted couple when?

ANIME WHEN? cool kyoushinsha IS ON A ROLL OF ANIMES

>Why are there so few shounen romance series with the MC being in a relationship from the start?
Because the target audience (including the author) usually isn't in a relationship and thus can't identify with someone like that.

THat midget is a dude?

too alpha for you

Well neither am i and i still love reading those stories. Also i wouldn´t mind them not being in a relationship if there weren´t so many fucking misunderstandings and the author just stalling/putting filler in.

GOOD STUFF

Crashing in the party

translations when??!!

If you know Spanish, they translated more chapters, but it's a pretty mediocre translation.

I don't recognize like half of these characters, who on earth are the sniper, spear and sword one?

>that Kamen Rider pose

Oh god I've just started reading this. Why am I only finding out about this now?

What have you been doing, user? You missed all those live TLs of the latest chapters!

>Yandere Kanojo got axed
End me.

No it didn't.

Then the last arc was rushed.

writing about an established relationship and having it revolve around their romance is the same as writing absolutely nothing

hello!

I agree with this. Fantasy/Action/Sports anime can make it work because romance isn't the main conflict and any romantic drama can be naturally resolved without making the whole thing boring.

>tfw all my pimsluer training has been for this.

He grows taller later, did you forget that girls are taller at certain age?

>girls are taller at certain age
I wasn't.

That was cute. I wonder if the volume has or will have a short epilogue.

Womanlet

Because you were cute girl.

Shoujo that focus on girls often have the main guy in a relationship early on. Then the guy eventually finds the main girl and chooses her over the popular girl he's dating.

When it comes to shows aimed at guys but happen to have a love story, its usually told from the male perspective. So the MC is struggling to find a girl.

Wait... he's done a manga that doesn't involve a shota getting titty raped?

I'm grown up and 1.54m tall ;_;

> You can't have things be absolutely passive, that's not a story.
Yes, you can. Conflict is not necessary for a story.

>You can do a slice of life about romance, but that's not exactly a love story, more of a comedy with love life as a topic.
SoL =/= comedy. Bonnouji was an SoL without any real conflict, but that was absolutely a romance.

> the kind of "they're already dating" setting people lust after simply cannot work well within the genre
OP just supplied two examples, though.

You aren't wrong that the reason they do this stuff is because it supplies a conflict, but you're absolutely wrong that it's inevitable.

At the rate of like two chapters a year. It's also not that good, and I say that as a big Toume Kei fan. It started strong, and I like the characters and all, but it's just way too fucking stretched-out on the drama end.