Same Face

Does same face bother you or would you rather overlook such a detail?

>a-1 pictures having anything consistent

Do Shaft faces all look the same for you?
I mean, from all, only Ghibli faces really look similar. And probably some of KyoAni.

KyoAni is basiclly sameface studio, but that's not the case with shaft and a1
Get a fuckin pair of glasses OP

I like to imagine that all the Kyoani main girls are played by the same cartoon actress in a meta anime about a cute actress made by Kyoani.

PA Works is the only current sameface studio.

I fucking hate Miyazaki's sameface.

I appreciate that Kyoani has been breaking away from theirs in recent years though the K-On feel is still present.

The only studio with actual sameface is PA Works and no, it doesnt bother me past first episode of acclimatization.

Much worse are the studios that always cast same male VAs for lead roles.

Who ever said that all rows show sameface-ness?

If it's across shows it doesn't really bother me. With Kyoani it is persistent enough to be a bit distracting, but that's all.

This

Fucking Shirobako.

Only the bottom 2 rows are same face you dumb kike

If Pic related is your criteria for sameface all anime has sameface.

Across studios, animation directors, and even genres.

Great meme friend!!

Do they sameface because they dont know any better or do they sameface for brand recognition?

It is something a lot of artists have that they can't get rid off. It is like their signature, but not something they are doing for recognition most of the time.

It's for efficiency, especially when in Manga, having to sketch, trace and ink hundreds of pages, it's understandable that they would not want to have huge inconsistencies in character designs.

And of course those styles get transferred over to the anime adaptation

I know sameface is a big meme but Ghibli's sameface is legitimately offensive, amplified by the fact that characterization isn't exactly Ghibli's strong point.
Sameface is more of a problem in single series when all the characters have very similar designs, like PA Works tends to do.

Horiguchi's designs are actually pretty distinct from the designs from Hyouka/Chuu2/Free/KnK

>all anime look alike
EX DEE

The only ones here that are sameface are ghibli and a few of the J.C. and Kyotos. If you want the ultimate sameface look at IM@S

That was the joke

Jesus, are you people that stupid or are you all genuine mastertrolle 2017?

Of course the only samefaces are the last two rows, that's the fucking point of the pic. It doesn't claim anywhere the others are, it only compares.

is everyone seriously so blind they can't see the nuances between the different anime facial styles?

from part 4 trough 7 Araki reuses the same fucking face for everyone. I hate it.

Fund it.

nice meem

Prod IG is the newest abuser of Sameface. Tatara looks straight up like a haikyuu character.
Same character designer tend to have the same way of drawing. Studios that rely on the same staff tend to have sameface. Revolving door studios like JC, A1 or Silver Link use different designers so they don't have sameface.

I dont care about it

He's been improving.

kyoanus is shit with their sameface. it wasn't that prominent 10 years ago

None of those examples look similar except Ghibli. And that's because Ghibli is mostly one artists style, while every other studio has dozens of character designers and outsourced designers.

Being bothered by sameface because of prominent character designers getting jobs frequently is autism.

More like samebody, given that 90% of women in most anime have cookie-cutter body types with cowtits.

this

ok.

This.

I really coundlt care less because a character is much more than just the face, so much that its inconsequential. Cinsidering the hair is normally completley different colors styles, and the bodies are different, I just can't see how sameface could ever be an issue to anyone.

I really fucking hate sameface.

Ghibli is by far the worst offender in my opinion. As much as I love them, all those girls look exactly the same.

KyoAni takes second place in the sameface awards. On top of that, they also mostly do shows in a school setting, so the characters all wear the same outfits too. I very often confuse characters within a series. The only way to distinguish them is their hair, so if they have similar hairstyles I get completely lost. As much as I loved Hibike, the only characters I could easily identify were Kumiko and ribbon girl.

>I really coundlt care less because a character is much more than just the face
Not if you're watching a dub.